• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Solder TD ruled illegal.

The Patriots took care of business against the Titans on Sunday, beating them in Tennessee, 34-13. It was an all-around attack from New England, as young players stepped up on both sides of the ball. Stevan Ridley had a career day, and rookies Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower had impressive debuts. Check out our “Patriots Talk” video and listen to…

PHOENIX -- Remember the touchdown play two weeks ago that caused a mess of 300-pound men to celebrate like small children on the last day of school? The one that tackle Nate Solder said caused him to black out as he neared the goal line?
    It never should have happened.

"There was an issue on that play where on the previous play, [Cameron] Fleming had reported as an eligible player," Blandino said. "And on the Solder touchdown he went back to playing an ineligible position. That’€™s illegal. That’€™s an illegal substitution. So that’€™s something we discussed with the crew. Bill [Belichick] was made aware of it. So we’€™re going to be looking for that, make sure we follow the proper mechanics so that doesn’€™t happen again."
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Solder TD ruled illegal.

A little late for the Ravens.

Comment

• chris66
      • Sep 2006

It was against the Colts

Comment

• CleveSteve
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
        It was against the Colts

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

It was against the Colts
          Still though. In general, it's definitely too late for the Ravens.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Goodell and the officiating crew will all have to issue an apology... to Kraft.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• chris66
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
              Still though. In general, it's definitely too late for the Ravens.
              Ravens had two 14 pt leads. They blew it

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

and they had the ineligible play and tried those plays without enough time to adjust.

i can not believe how many ****ty circustances have occured in 2 weeks (explicitly) and whatever has happened covertly to keep the pats any good.

It's like a militia of smoking guns. when do pats fans go back to baseball and apologize to football fans for pretending to be interested.

worst town in america....boston.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Ravens had two 14 pt leads. They blew it
                  I know, it was awful.

Comment

• chris66
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    and they had the ineligible play and tried those plays without enough time to adjust.

i can not believe how many ****ty circustances have occured in 2 weeks (explicitly) and whatever has happened covertly to keep the pats any good.

It's like a militia of smoking guns. when do pats fans go back to baseball and apologize to football fans for pretending to be interested.

worst town in america....boston.
                    Boston hsnt beenva baseball town for 20 years. All you have to do is look at the tv ratings. Pats kill the sox in ratings

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Boston hsnt beenva baseball town for 20 years. All you have to do is look at the tv ratings. Pats kill the sox in ratings
                      The Red Sox play ten times as many games, of course they have lower TV ratings.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• chris66
                        • Sep 2006

I was talking head to head when they play at the same time

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Every football game counts… it's not a fair comparison at all.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Just add it to the criminal's rap sheet.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

If I were officiating the game I'd have a few key holding penalties in my pocket for the Pats.

You know maybe 4 or 5 just to even out the piss poor job the last crews have done in the Patriots case.

Oh and Robert Kraft we're really ***** sorry .... not really

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X