PDA

View Full Version : If EJ Manuel Is Sailing Balls All Over The Place In Training Camp (Again) What To Do?

BillsImpossible
01-31-2015, 04:09 PM
Training camp at St. John Fisher College will be here in no time at all.

Let's just fast forward and think 75 degrees and sunny for a moment in this hypothetical situation.

Training camp begins and all eyes are on EJ Manuel.

The weather is perfect, sun shining down on a new season of Bills football and then it happens.

Manuel drops back, throws, and misses his target by a mile.

2 Weeks Later

Manuel drops back, throws, and gets picked off by a rookie due to a horrible pass.

Sammy Watkins shakes his head in disbelief.

1 Day Later

Manuel drops back and throws the ball so high you'd think he was trying to make a completion to Jesus.

Robert Woods drops an F-Bomb so loud his vocal chords get injured in the process.

Eric Wood, Seantrel Henderson, and Cordy Glenn start tripping and have nightmarish flashbacks to 2014.

What to do about 'dat possible hypothetical hope to God it's not likely scenario but probably is?

In other words, if EJ Manuel shows absolutely no signs of improvement 2 weeks in to the 2015 Buffalo Bills training camp at St. John Fisher, what would you do?

I'd cut him.

Special thanks to, justasportsfan.

coastal
01-31-2015, 04:15 PM
R u ******ed

swiper
01-31-2015, 04:44 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/jj-watt-pick-6-of-ej-manuel.gif?w=640&h=335

swiper
01-31-2015, 04:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kqucngN.gif

WagonCircler
01-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Training camp at St. John Fisher College will be here in no time at all.

Let's just fast forward and think 75 degrees and sunny for a moment in this hypothetical situation.

Training camp begins and all eyes are on EJ Manuel.

The weather is perfect, sun shining down on a new season of Bills football and then it happens.

Manuel drops back, throws, and misses his target by a mile.

2 Weeks Later

Manuel drops back, throws, and gets picked off by a rookie due to a horrible pass.

Sammy Watkins shakes his head in disbelief.

1 Day Later

Manuel drops back and throws the ball so high you'd think he was trying to make a completion to Jesus.

Robert Woods drops an F-Bomb so loud his vocal chords get injured in the process.

Eric Wood, Seantrel Henderson, and Cordy Glenn start tripping and have nightmarish flashbacks to 2014.

What to do about 'dat possible hypothetical hope to God it's not likely scenario but probably is?

In other words, if EJ Manuel shows absolutely no signs of improvement 2 weeks in to the 2015 Buffalo Bills training camp at St. John Fisher, what would you do?

I'd cut him.

Special thanks to, justasportsfan.

If there's not a real QB on this roster by training camp, then none of this matters, because it will be a clear sign that the Bills are run by total ****ing idiots.

This just in, BTW, the end of July is not "no time at all." It's an assload of time. It's half a year away.

BillsImpossible
01-31-2015, 04:55 PM
R u ******ed

Are you insane?

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

WagonCircler
01-31-2015, 04:57 PM
Are you insane?

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result?

Like continuing to let EJ fail.

swiper
01-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Like continuing to let EJ fail.

The same people here that loved Marrone & Hackett for EJ Manuel here 2 years ago now call them terrible and think Greg Roman is going to perform magic. The same guy that was roundly criticized in SF when Kaepernick turned for the worst.

At least Marrone has sped up the cycle of crap in Buffalo from every 3 years to every 2 years.

Mr. Pink
02-01-2015, 09:58 AM
If his TC and preseason games make him look like the same EJ from the past two seasons then there is no reason for him to hold a regular season roster spot.

I'd say he'd have to show major improvement from the past two seasons to have any chance at the starting job.

BillsImpossible
02-01-2015, 12:26 PM
If his TC and preseason games make him look like the same EJ from the past two seasons then there is no reason for him to hold a regular season roster spot.

I'd say he'd have to show major improvement from the past two seasons to have any chance at the starting job.

EJ's poor performance in 2014 was not a surprise.

2 weeks in to training camp, the word started to spread.

EJ Manuel was struggling. He didn't get better, he was worse than 2013.

If Rex Ryan sees the same crap on tape 3 weeks in to the 2015 Buffalo Bills training camp, Manuel is going to get cut quicker than a steak at 5pm on Super Bowl Sunday.

better days
02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
EJ's poor performance in 2014 was not a surprise.

2 weeks in to training camp, the word started to spread.

EJ Manuel was struggling. He didn't get better, he was worse than 2013.

If Rex Ryan sees the same crap on tape 3 weeks in to the 2015 Buffalo Bills training camp, Manuel is going to get cut quicker than a steak at 5pm on Super Bowl Sunday.

Well, I blame poor Coaching on EJ's poor season.

Let's wait & see how he does this year.

WagonCircler
02-01-2015, 01:41 PM

And you're wrong.

That's not to say that he had good coaching.

That is to say that his problems are not fixable by coaching.

swiper
02-01-2015, 01:45 PM
EJ Manuel didn't have coaching any worse last year than what he will be given with Roman, Lee and Palmer. The EJ circle-jerk team of betterdays, djkelly, and Dr. Whowhatwhere can also be known as team dopey. Their combined football IQ wouldn't raise above an IQ of 70.

better days
02-01-2015, 01:47 PM
And you're wrong.

That's not to say that he had good coaching.

That is to say that his problems are not fixable by coaching.

Well, I will wait until I hear Rex & Roman say that.

If you were as great a judge of talent as you think you are, you would be working for an NFL team.

better days
02-01-2015, 01:48 PM
EJ Manuel didn't have coaching any worse last year than what he will be given with Roman, Lee and Palmer. The EJ circle-jerk team of betterdays, djkelly, and Dr. Whowhatwhere can also be known as team dopey. Their combined football IQ wouldn't raise above an IQ of 70.

Swipe this. IDIOT.

John Doe
02-01-2015, 02:04 PM
The Bills will probably have 4 to 5 QBs competing next training camp.

If EJ is not one of the top 3 then he gets cut. If he is one of the top 3 then he stays.

sudzy
02-01-2015, 02:21 PM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/jj-watt-pick-6-of-ej-manuel.gif?w=640&h=335

There is another thread going right now, that is full of posters that would more then happy to point out this wasn't EJ's fault in any which way. "Don't stop believing!"

WagonCircler
02-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Well, I will wait until I hear Rex & Roman say that.

If you were as great a judge of talent as you think you are, you would be working for an NFL team.

Hahahaha!!!!

It doesn't take a genius to spot SUCK.

Especially when you've seen it over and over and over for 15 years.

It takes a fool keep believing in fairy tales.

Orton made EJ his *****. And Orton was basically worthless.

If you get your lunch money and your job taken by the likes of Kyle Orton, you are NEVER going to make it in the NFL.

stuckincincy
02-01-2015, 02:32 PM

Let's wait & see how he does this year.

Well, He was a dubious pick in the 1st round, even after the trade-down. But you perhaps recall my numerous rants about subjecting the neophyte to a quick-paced offensive scheme, about how what a terrible way that was to introduce a rookie QB into NFL play?

Night Train
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
He'll have 2 other QB's competing with him, come camp. It will sort out itself.

sudzy
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Well, He was a dubious pick in the 1st round, even after the trade-down.

And that's a big part of this. If he was picked in the 3rd (where he should have been drafted) I wouldn't be as hard on him. I still wouldn't want him to start. But, if he was drafted in the third, there wouldn't be this big push to save face and make him start.

BertSquirtgum
02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
R u ******ed

Is that rhetorical?

better days
02-02-2015, 02:45 PM
And that's a big part of this. If he was picked in the 3rd (where he should have been drafted) I wouldn't be as hard on him. I still wouldn't want him to start. But, if he was drafted in the third, there wouldn't be this big push to save face and make him start.

I think picking Kiko mitigates the EJ pick even if EJ does not become a starter.

Kiko is BETTER than MANY players picked in the first rnd.

There is no push to start EJ to save face.

Marrone benched EJ last year (A HUGE mistake IMO) & Rex has said EJ will have to WIN the starters job this year.

swiper
02-02-2015, 02:57 PM
I think picking Kiko mitigates the EJ pick even if EJ does not become a starter.

Kiko is BETTER than MANY players picked in the first rnd.

There is no push to start EJ to save face.

Marrone benched EJ last year (A HUGE mistake IMO) & Rex has said EJ will have to WIN the starters job this year.

Here it is folks. The betterdays post that will allow him to come back in September and allow him to try and sell you all on his "I told you so". ROFL. Oh, the work he puts in on it all.

better days
02-02-2015, 03:00 PM
Here it is folks. The betterdays post that will allow him to come back in September and allow him to try and sell you all on his "I told you so". ROFL. Oh, the work he puts in on it all.

Nothing Earth shattering in that post.

And everything I said in it is true.

WagonCircler
02-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Nothing Earth shattering in that post.

And everything I said in it is true.

Wow.

"Benching EJ was a huge mistake"... from a guy who thinks Eli was better than Peyton.

Makes sense.

better days
02-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Wow.

"Benching EJ was a huge mistake"... from a guy who thinks Eli was better than Peyton.

Makes sense.

Eli is better than Peyton at this point.

Does anyone think the Broncos would not have had as much success with Eli at QB as they did with Peyton this past year?

And I think the Bills would have had just as good a record with EJ as they did with Orton last year.

And if the Bills lost one or two more games with EJ starting than with Orton, SO WHAT?

The Bills did not make the playoffs anyway & the experience of playing would have benefited EJ for this year.

WagonCircler
02-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Eli is better than Peyton at this point.

Does anyone think the Broncos would not have had as much success with Eli at QB as they did with Peyton this past year?

And I think the Bills would have had just as good a record with EJ as they did with Orton last year.

And if the Bills lost one or two more games with EJ starting than with Orton, SO WHAT?

The Bills did not make the playoffs anyway & the experience of playing would have benefited EJ for this year.

It's like talking to the victim of a traumatic head injury.

better days
02-02-2015, 05:08 PM
It's like talking to the victim of a traumatic head injury.

LMAO. Both you & Swiper can not refute what I say, so you resort to personal attacks to deflect that fact.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Hey, EJ is a likeable guy off the field like JP Losman was. I honestly hope he gets a nice long career holding the clipboard and coming in to relieve our starter. See, I don't mind if he is sailing balls over players' heads because he should be riding the pine watching a competent albeit mediocre starter managing the game. Hell, I wouldn't even mind putting him in at random moments throughout the game just to **** with the minds of opposing defenses, but as a fulltime starter? Hell ****ing no.

better days
02-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Hey, EJ is a likeable guy off the field like JP Losman was. I honestly hope he gets a nice long career holding the clipboard and coming in to relieve our starter. See, I don't mind if he is sailing balls over players' heads because he should be riding the pine watching a competent albeit mediocre starter managing the game. Hell, I wouldn't even mind putting him in at random moments throughout the game just to **** with the minds of opposing defenses, but as a fulltime starter? Hell ****ing no.

Well, any game manager better manage the game better than Orton did this year.