PDA

View Full Version : Polian is in!

DetDannyWilliams
01-31-2015, 07:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/512774796170379264/jj4XDETG_normal.jpegVic Carucci @viccarucci (https://twitter.com/viccarucci) · 7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/561705491403771904)

Congratulations to former <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 181, 210); ">#</s>Bills (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash) GM Bill Polian on his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Proud to be on selection committee.

YardRat
01-31-2015, 07:30 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/01/31/pro-football-hall-of-fame-2015-class-junior-seau/22660743/

The voting panel selected Junior Seau, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Charles Haley and Will Shields on Saturday as the newest entrants in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, with Ron Wolf and Bill Polian joining as contributors and Mick Tingelhoff in as a senior nominee.

YardRat
01-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Good group, can't say any of them don't belong. Polian should have been a no-brainer, and nice to Tingelhoff finally get recognition.

Still need to get Tasker in.

WagonCircler
01-31-2015, 08:27 PM
OK, Bill. The coast is clear. You're in.

Now get your ass back here.

SaviorEdwards
01-31-2015, 10:20 PM
Jerome Bettis in over Orlando Pace...this league is very difficult to take serious at this point. One of the best to ever play the game vs. a HB who probably shouldn't even be in the HOF.

Ingtar33
02-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Jerome Bettis in over Orlando Pace...this league is very difficult to take serious at this point. One of the best to ever play the game vs. a HB who probably shouldn't even be in the HOF.

6 probowls, and 13,000 career yards rushing disagree with you (5th all time). Bettis was a fantastic running back for a LONG time in this league and really deserved to get into the HOF.

BTW: congrats to Bill Polian. he definitely deserved it. a little surprised Terrell Davis didn't make it in.

swiper
02-01-2015, 05:18 AM
meh

imbondz
02-01-2015, 05:55 AM
Bill Polian said yesterday...Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning are the two reasons I got in.

justasportsfan
02-01-2015, 06:47 AM
Now that he's in will he take GM job again?

Albany,n.y.
02-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Kurt Warner should have been a 1st ballot HOFer.

cookie G
02-01-2015, 08:13 AM
Good group, can't say any of them don't belong. Polian should have been a no-brainer, and nice to Tingelhoff finally get recognition.

Polian might have been the easiest vote they had this year, except for maybe Seau.

Well deserved. And Tim Brown finally makes it.

Mick Tingeloff remains the player most responsible for creation of the nose tackle position in the NFL.

Before the Chief-Vikes SB, Hank Stram realized there was no way Tingeloff could handle Curly Culp straight up, so he put Curly directly over him, and forced the Vikes to double him, preventing them from using a pulling guard on their sweeps.

And..it worked. But that's because Curly was a bad ass of the highest rank.

The Jokeman
02-01-2015, 08:45 AM

Tasker doesn't deserve it. Without looking tell me who's the best pinch hitter in MLB and is he in the HOF?

YardRat
02-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Tasker doesn't deserve it. Without looking tell me who's the best pinch hitter in MLB and is he in the HOF?

Baseball sucks, so I wouldn't have a clue, but I'll bet a shiny new quarter that the best closer is in there, along with several other part-timers that manned the mound once every four or five games.

Tasker was the best at what he did, and he revolutionized a part of the game...if trail-blazers aren't worthy of the honor, than nobody is.

SaviorEdwards
02-01-2015, 09:46 AM
6 probowls, and 13,000 career yards rushing disagree with you (5th all time). Bettis was a fantastic running back for a LONG time in this league and really deserved to get into the HOF.

BTW: congrats to Bill Polian. he definitely deserved it. a little surprised Terrell Davis didn't make it in.

Its the hall of fame not the hall of very good. Bettis is what is known as a stat compiler. He couldn't hold the jock strap of other greats like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, or Gale Sayers.

Ingtar33
02-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Its the hall of fame not the hall of very good. Bettis is what is known as a stat compiler. He couldn't hold the jock strap of other greats like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, or Gale Sayers.

I disagree. Not many 270lb running backs could run as fast or were as light on their feet as he was. In his early years he was a game breaker, later on he became a dominant short yardage/clock eater. overall he was the heart and soul of the steelers for a decade.

he deserved it.

Historian
02-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Foes anybody else see the irony in an executive we fired getting into the HOF?

WagonCircler
02-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Foes anybody else see the irony in an executive we fired getting into the HOF?

Sure, but what I really see is the ripple effect.