X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Is the NFL fixed?

2nd and goal at the 1. 55 seconds left and NE does not call a TO to save time for Brady when %'s are Seattle is going to score? Made no sense to let 35 seconds run off the clock virtually assuring you lose if Seattle scores. Then Seattle proceeds to make the worst play call in SB history. It's hard to believe anyone would intentionally throw away a SB but the last minute of that game made no sense.
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Is the NFL fixed?

Carroll would have to be in on it then cause that play call was horrific.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      2nd and goal at the 1. 55 seconds left and NE does not call a TO to save time for Brady when %'s are Seattle is going to score? Made no sense to let 35 seconds run off the clock virtually assuring you lose if Seattle scores. Then Seattle proceeds to make the worst play call in SB history. It's hard to believe anyone would intentionally throw away a SB but the last minute of that game made no sense.
      As much as we like deny it I think not calling the timeout shows Belichick does have some class afterall and/or he respected that thought he was going to lose.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        As much as we like deny it I think not calling the timeout shows Belichick does have some class afterall and/or he respected that thought he was going to lose.

No way. If Seattle scores on the next play he has 50 seconds to get a FG. I'd of given them a better than 50% chance at that. I still feel like to many people would have to be in on it to fix a game but that entire last minute was bizarre.

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

out of all the scenarios that's the last one I'd think of. it's more possible the Patriots were going to let them run it in so they'd get the ball back

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            No way. If Seattle scores on the next play he has 50 seconds to get a FG. I'd of given them a better than 50% chance at that. I still feel like to many people would have to be in on it to fix a game but that entire last minute was bizarre.
            Wasn't the ball snapped with 33 seconds left? I don't know as still shocked when heard Collingsworth exclaim it was picked off as was expecting a run by Lynch and/or Wilson.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Yes.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Wasn't the ball snapped with 33 seconds left? I don't know as still shocked when heard Collingsworth exclaim it was picked off as was expecting a run by Lynch and/or Wilson.

Ok. So he let 22 seconds run off. There was either 20 or 25 left when the play ended. I still can't believe he didn't call a TO.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Yes.
                  My hope is that the preordained contest reduced the ratings and so the $ hauled in.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Little wonder I like college football better as a whole.

Outside of the Bills, I rarely watch other NFL games during the season. The NFL Ticket is a waste of $$ to me. The Bills and playoff games are basically it.

The Pats winning the SB to end the season of scandal seemed fitting...for all the wrong reasons. Now Goodell and Kraft can return to their secret off-season bungalow in Zurich.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Don't Panic
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Dec 2005

Not seeing this one... human error cost the Seahawks a very entertaining game. Nothing more.

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

I think he was betting on Seattle stopping the clock after the play. If Seattle scores, clock stops. If they run the ball as we all expected them to and they are stopped, Seattle has to immediately decide whether to use their last time out at that moment or after 3rd down and it's a 4-down situation. If Seattle was stopped and did not call time, NE most likely would have at that point. If Seattle uses their TO and then scores, NE has one in their pocket with somehwere around 20 seconds. That buys them a 3rd play and possibly even a 4th on offense, assuming the average 6-8 seconds/play. They get the spike off in FG range and we're at least looking at overtime.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life.

Comment

• Strongman
                            • Apr 2006

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's fixed. However, it's geared towards certain players who happen to make the NFL a lot of $$$. Brady, Peyton, Brees etc. are treated special because they appeal to non football fans and are thus profitable. The NFL is simply protecting their investments.

Comment

• imbondz
                              Democrats are people too
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              This is the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life.
                              ever?

Comment

Working...
                              X