PDA

View Full Version : 2 plays that will be overlooked

Ginger Vitis
02-02-2015, 06:15 AM
24-14 Seattle 3rd down Seattle is rolling has the momentum Russell Wilson sideline pass that Kearse dropped. Ball that should have been caught.. Kearse catches that ball I believe seatlle has the ball closer to New Englands 20 yard line..THat drop was a momentum killer

Also in the 4th quarter 24-14 Seattle is ahead with a little less than 12 minutes left Brady steps up in the pocket on 3rd and 14 has all day to throw and completes a laser to Edelman? Amendola?

imbondz
02-02-2015, 06:16 AM
That Kearse drop was bad but also a difficult catch

ublinkwescore
02-02-2015, 09:18 PM
What about the missed pass interference call against new england. That would have extended a Seahawks possession.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Or what about the fact that Russell Wilson threw the INT? Everyone is quick to blame the call but not the player who made the pass. I mean if EJ Manuel cost the Bills a game like this he'd be getting mega hate but yet to see anyone call out Wilson on the play.

BertSquirtgum
02-02-2015, 09:46 PM
Bad pass, even worse call. Should have never had the chance to throw the ball. Who the **** throws an inside slant on the one yard line? Morons.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-02-2015, 11:05 PM
How about Kyle Arrington not only being beat by Chris Matthews but facemasking him, setting up Seattle for a shot at the end zone before halftime?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Also, another hidden but interesting point: Seattle's meltdown prevented what may have been an intentional safety. Stretching back to 2011, either the first or last score of the previous three Super Bowls had been safeties, a prop bet that typically pays out at 50-1.

imbondz
02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Or what about the fact that Russell Wilson threw the INT? Everyone is quick to blame the call but not the player who made the pass. I mean if EJ Manuel cost the Bills a game like this he'd be getting mega hate but yet to see anyone call out Wilson on the play.

In my opinion, even tho the OC shouldn't have said it, it looked like the receiver gave a half ass attempt to get the ball. Very little aggressiveness in trying to catch the ball. I'd blame the receiver over Wilson. Anyone else think that?

Ingtar33
02-03-2015, 08:08 AM

meh. it's hard to brutalize a qb who threw the ball on time to a wr running the right route. The defender made an AMAZING play on the football, and the pick didn't get to the defender which is what really blew the play up. it's one of those things where the only criticism for Wilson is the ball was probably a foot too high and in front of the wide receiver, hard to get too mad at a quarterback for that when he's throwing around defensive linemen and linebackers in a stupid tight window.

Bad pass, even worse call. Should have never had the chance to throw the ball. Who the **** throws an inside slant on the one yard line? Morons.

bad pass only if you count missing the ideal placement of the ball by 16" (though it's still catchable) when throwing around defensive linemen and linebackers. that said the rest of your post is 100% correct. horrible playcall

Goobylal
02-03-2015, 08:21 AM
Another one was a deep throat by Wilson on third and three. Dumb.

chernobylwraiths
02-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Another one was a deep throat by Wilson on third and three. Dumb.

LOL, Autocorrect?

Forward_Lateral
02-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Also, another hidden but interesting point: Seattle's meltdown prevented what may have been an intentional safety. Stretching back to 2011, either the first or last score of the previous three Super Bowls had been safeties, a prop bet that typically pays out at 50-1.

There's no way New England was going to take an intentional safety. They'd have to punt the ball back to Seattle with about 20 seconds left, and Seattle would've only need a FG to win the game. No chance they would've conceded 2 there. That's why Seattle was trying so hard to stop Brady from getting out off the endzone, and subsequently jumped off sides ending the game.

Buckets
02-04-2015, 09:07 AM

I could have seen a play action to lynch and then pass to the corner of the end zone, but clearing the backfield telegraphed a pass and then to pass over the middle ---- Stupid!

trapezeus
02-04-2015, 10:10 AM

the ball seemed to be in the right spot. the receiver got rubbed out. he did his part on the call. if it came out that he audibled to that call, then he should take the heat. if he over threw or under threw and it got picked off, it's on him.

but the scorn is for making that call. and worse, having marshawn run in motion out of the backfield. i think if you wanted to be cute, you run the play action and see if the butch rolle play is open. if not, you have russell wilson running into the endzone, and if it's a complete failure, you throw it out of the back of endzone and look at 3rd down.

the slant at that point was a bad call.

Bill Cody
02-04-2015, 10:22 AM
For NE the 3rd and 14 play to Edelman down 10 was the play that kept them in the game. And Edelman took a huge hit. He drops that seattle wins.

K-Gun
02-04-2015, 10:26 AM
The wr deserves blame, he ran the route too gingerly. Butler was far more aggressive on the play. Had the wr ran the route like his life depended on it, worse case he draw a PI b/c he beats the cb to the ball.

Also, on the Kearse drop, it was butler who got his hands on Kearse to make him drop it. Great play by butler, that was a definite momentum swing.

Novacane
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM

The slant was what made it so stupid. Why throw the ball into where all the players are? A pass would of been ok if they rolled Wilson out where he could run or pass.

imbondz
02-05-2015, 07:54 AM
I love the slant, but I can't remember a time I've seen it called on the 1 yard line, with time running out even. Not to mention it's the first INT from the 1 yard line all season long.

And, i'm sure this was everyone's experience...Everyone in the room watching the game was saying Marshawn was getting the ball. We all knew Marshawn was going to get the ball and run it in. So even tho i'm no coach, the call made no sense. It's literally the 15th call I would have thought of.