PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Football in treatment

EricStratton
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel enters treatment facility

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/browns-quarterback-johnny-manziel-enters-treatment-facility-155150108.html

YardRat
02-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Hopefully he comes out healthy.

better days
02-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Well, here is one more thing I was RIGHT about for those that question my credibility.

Before the draft I posted about an article I read in ESPN the magazine about Manziel.

The writer had spent a lot of time with Manziel & his family before writing that lengthy article.

He painted Johnny football as an immature ahole who showed no respect for his FATHER or his Coaches.

Based on that article & his small stature, I said I did not want the Bills to draft Johnny Football when MANY on this board were on the Johnny bandwagon.

I said at the time, I thought Johnny football would get injured & not have any success as a NFL QB.

Dr. Lecter
02-02-2015, 03:00 PM
He has an addiction.

How is that related to what you are "right" about?

better days
02-02-2015, 03:07 PM
He has an addiction.

How is that related to what you are "right" about?

It was reported in that ESPN article that Johnny had an Alcohol addiction & was in fact sent to rehab while at A&M for it.

I was right because:

A) Johnny football did get injured his rookie year.

B) If you read the articles profootballtalk has just put out, Johnny Football is STILL IMMATURE.

C) The Browns may be ready to give up on Manziel according to profootballtalk.com & it is DOUBTFUL Johnny Football will have any success in the NFL.

Dr. Lecter
02-02-2015, 03:11 PM
You are aware that pretty much every player gets injured, aren't you?

better days
02-02-2015, 03:17 PM
You are aware that pretty much every player gets injured, aren't you?

REALLY?

You don't think an undersized QB that runs is a greater risk for injury?

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-02-2015, 03:20 PM
REALLY?

You don't think an undersized QB that runs is a greater risk for injury?

well, except the 'deity' known as doug flutie. lol

DetDannyWilliams
02-02-2015, 04:13 PM
yeah well maybe he will be doing this in treatment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a75gxXC7ET4

rimshot

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
yeah well maybe he will be doing this in treatment

rimshot

My question for that ad is am I the only one that thinks the player giving Johnny the Snickers is waaaaaaay too old to be in the NFL?

Bill Cody
02-02-2015, 04:40 PM
No truth he started drinking after watching film of himself with the Browns

better days
02-02-2015, 04:49 PM
well, except the 'deity' known as doug flutie. lol

And Russell Wilson, who I am a big fan of despite his Super Bowl game losing INT.

But Manziel's risk for injury was only a secondary concern for me.

I had the same concern about Wilson, but I still wanted the Bills to draft him.

It is called risk/reward.

My biggest concern about Johnny Football was his lack of maturity & respect for other people, especially his FATHER & COACHES.

I did not think Johnny had the maturity or work ethic to succeed in the NFL.

Meathead
02-02-2015, 05:17 PM
doesnt look like it so far maybe thisll wake him up

Night Train
02-02-2015, 05:22 PM
He has an addiction.

I heard it's his mirror.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-02-2015, 05:34 PM
Hope he gets the treatment he needs and outgrows this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I kid about killing Pats and seeking their injury but really I don't. These guys are playing their dreams and I wish the best for them

DraftBoy
02-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Well, here is one more thing I was RIGHT about for those that question my credibility.

Before the draft I posted about an article I read in ESPN the magazine about Manziel.

The writer had spent a lot of time with Manziel & his family before writing that lengthy article.

He painted Johnny football as an immature ahole who showed no respect for his FATHER or his Coaches.

Based on that article & his small stature, I said I did not want the Bills to draft Johnny Football when MANY on this board were on the Johnny bandwagon.

I said at the time, I thought Johnny football would get injured & not have any success as a NFL QB.

Nothing like stepping on a person while they're down in an effort to try and claim you were right. Kudos on this.

better days
02-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Nothing like stepping on a person while they're down in an effort to try and claim you were right. Kudos on this.

Yeah, because Johnny Football reads this board & is going to be all butt hurt about my opinion of him.

I along with others stepped on Sapp as well while he is down.

IMO, BOTH Sapp & Manziel deserve whatever criticism they receive while they are "down".

They both brought it on themselves.

DraftBoy
02-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah, because Johnny Football reads this board & is going to be all butt hurt about my opinion of him.

I along with others stepped on Sapp as well while he is down.

IMO, BOTH Sapp & Manziel deserve whatever criticism they receive while they are "down".

They both brought it on themselves.

Like I said kudos to you.

better days
02-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Like I said kudos to you.

Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. LMAO.

better days
02-02-2015, 07:10 PM

And I might add, Kudos to you & your clever avatar.

You are such a HYPOCRITE. As if you care about other peoples feelings, LMAO at you.

coastal
02-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Smack thread

gebobs
02-02-2015, 08:46 PM
My question for that ad is am I the only one that thinks the player giving Johnny the Snickers is waaaaaaay too old to be in the NFL?

Or that Manziel looks just as gay after the Snickers?

gebobs
02-02-2015, 08:48 PM

LOLwhut? Is Uppy Manziel's avatar?

Meathead
02-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Smack thread

dime or nickel

if youre black it comes in this bag

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/203859/4dca7541797f4_203859n.jpg

if youre white it comes in this bag

http://www.durobag.com/product_art/Standard/sm/Grocery-Bag-One-Eighth-bbl-_DSC1827.jpg

if youre black we can talk freely once we are in conversation distance

if youre white we talk in hand signals only cuz i think we are being bugged

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 09:31 PM
dime or nickel

why we talking about defensive backs all of a sudden?

Historian
02-03-2015, 06:54 AM
Let's hope he gets some help.

sukie
02-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Hope he gets the treatment he needs and outgrows this.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not something to outgrow... It's about acceptance of the problem and if it's alcoholism... the alcohol ISN'T the problem.

Topas
02-03-2015, 08:15 AM
The funny thing is that the Browns did an EXTENSIVE (statistical) research in addition to scouting and the result was that Bridgewater is the best QB. And then they draft Manziel ... lol.

Yes, I know, I know, drafting Bridge just because some numbers say so, cannot be the sole reason.
I just think it is funny that they put a lot of money into that, then went contrary to their results, and then probably get the wrong QB...

sukie
02-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Bridge could be an alcoholic... one wouldn't necessarily know.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Bridge could be an alcoholic... one wouldn't necessarily know.

true, but he isn't the one with rolled up 20 dollar bills in vegas, partying with lebron and missing team meetings etc.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I know everyone made the jokes when Vick was inside but, come on. If there was ever anyone who was about to live out the plot of The Longest Yard, it's gotta be Manziel.

Mace
02-04-2015, 08:03 PM
Manziel should have realized the pro game was a different level and squared himself away while sharpening himself in college. There's really not any reason he shouldn't have known this. I wish the dude well on a personal level, but he already made his worst mistake thinking the world was Texas A&M and he didn't need adjust to it, it would adjust to him. Pro athletes are a step up, they work wicked hard to stay on a roster and get another year out of themselves.

Props to Manziel for trying to address an issue. Thumbs down for being dumb enough to wait so long. I remember thinking his "show me the money" thing when he was drafted was really stupid, even for an idealistic kid. He really thought the Browns were Texas A&M and the NFL was the Southeastern Conference but getting paid more. That's borderline ******ed in an information age. No big surprise he now has problems.

I hope it works out for him as a person, wicked shame it probably cost him his career to get there, which will probably send him back into his problem and he's stuck trying to make money being just a celebrity like the guy who played Screech in Saved by the Bell.

Shame.

better days
02-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Manziel should have realized the pro game was a different level and squared himself away while sharpening himself in college. There's really not any reason he shouldn't have known this. I wish the dude well on a personal level, but he already made his worst mistake thinking the world was Texas A&M and he didn't need adjust to it, it would adjust to him. Pro athletes are a step up, they work wicked hard to stay on a roster and get another year out of themselves.

Props to Manziel for trying to address an issue. Thumbs down for being dumb enough to wait so long. I remember thinking his "show me the money" thing when he was drafted was really stupid, even for an idealistic kid. He really thought the Browns were Texas A&M and the NFL was the Southeastern Conference but getting paid more. That's borderline ******ed in an information age. No big surprise he now has problems.

I hope it works out for him as a person, wicked shame it probably cost him his career to get there, which will probably send him back into his problem and he's stuck trying to make money being just a celebrity like the guy who played Screech in Saved by the Bell.

Shame.

The thing is all season long Manziel said the right things, that actions speak louder than words etc, but right up until the last game, maybe his last as a Brown, Johnny Football continued to do the wrong thing.

sukie
02-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Checking into a rehab is nothing more than a PR move unless there comes acceptance of a problem and a mental shift. There is no magic pill found in a rehab that makes anyone stop with obsessive thinking. By checking in and thinking this will make me able to party less... is an epic fail waiting. If Johnny cannot accept change... this is merely a stunt for his career.

better days
02-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Tried to make me go to rehab.......I said NO NO NO.

SAD.

Mike
02-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Better Days:

1) it was his rookie year and a rookie year does not a career make.
= give this kid the same leash you give your buddy EJ

2) most QBs not named Luck, Manning, Elway have a below 50% chance of not working out.
= predicting that he would struggle or fail at the NFL level is like flipping a coin 5 times and being right once.

3) your track record is .... Laughable
= 2 years in a row you have predicted the Pats demise after a slow start. Last year they made it to AFC Championship Game this year they won the SB.

I hope your not a betting man but in case you are take this advice: Do the Opposite of what you think!

better days
02-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Better Days:

1) it was his rookie year and a rookie year does not a career make.
= give this kid the same leash you give your buddy EJ

2) most QBs not named Luck, Manning, Elway have a below 50% chance of not working out.
= predicting that he would struggle or fail at the NFL level is like flipping a coin 5 times and being right once.

3) your track record is .... Laughable
= 2 years in a row you have predicted the Pats demise after a slow start. Last year they made it to AFC Championship Game this year they won the SB.

I hope your not a betting man but in case you are take this advice: Do the Opposite of what you think!

Well, I am smart enough to know not to bet on the NFL.

I agree Manziel COULD turn it around.

But I feel much better worrying if EJ can turn it around than I would be Manziel.

I heard a former NFL player that covers the Browns talk about Manziel today, said he was the size of a High School DB.

Mace
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Checking into a rehab is nothing more than a PR move unless there comes acceptance of a problem and a mental shift. There is no magic pill found in a rehab that makes anyone stop with obsessive thinking. By checking in and thinking this will make me able to party less... is an epic fail waiting. If Johnny cannot accept change... this is merely a stunt for his career.

I don't think I'd want to be a 22 year old rich celebrity needing to stay away from the party life. If he is sincere, it is still an epic fail in waiting, and now the NFL will be watching with their programs, so I don't think it was a stunt. He could have just gave the whole thing premium lip service "I partied too much, I was stupid, I'm going to work my butt off to straighten it out."

I disliked the cocky persona, but he doesn't seem like a mean kid where I'd dislike him. In any case, the deck is stacked against Manziel, the person now.

ticatfan
02-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Tebow (mon) vs Manziel (ham) in the CFL some day in the future??