PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady vs. Rexy Ryan

justasportsfan
02-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Ryan's win-loss record against Brady is nothing to hang on the refrigerator—he is just 3-8 against the Patriots since taking the Jets job back in 2009. Still, Rex knows that Brady hardly looks forward to facing off against him twice a season.

Even in his wins, Brady has looked as mortal as ever against Ryan's defenses over the years, as stats provided by CBSSports.com's Jared Dubin indicate:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2308268-if-jets-fire-rex-ryan-team-will-miss-coachs-dominance-over-tom-brady

better days
02-02-2015, 02:04 PM
I can't wait to see what Rex can do with the players he has on the Bills.

MUCH more talent than he has had on the Jets.

YardRat
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
And 'mortal as ever' was still good enough to win the vast majority of the time.

better days
02-02-2015, 02:20 PM
And 'mortal as ever' was still good enough to win the vast majority of the time.

Brady has the best weapons around him on offense he has ever had at this point.

A healthy Gronk had more to do with the Pats* success this year than Brady did.

And Edelman is pretty great himself.

The saddest thing is the Pats* have one of the easiest schedules ever next year, so unless the Bills can find a QB that can produce, expect the Pats* to win the AFC East & maybe go to the Super Bowl next year as well.

chernobylwraiths
02-02-2015, 02:35 PM
But he is 1 - 0 vs the Patriots in the playoffs. And he was 2 - 2 vs them in his playoff years.

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 03:38 PM
A healthy Gronk had more to do with the Pats* success this year than Brady did.

http://i.imgur.com/RzzFXMN.gif

upstart
02-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Ryan is a better coach then you had last year. His D have given Mr. Brady fits in the past ,and the Bills have better players

Generalissimus Gibby
02-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Ryan is a better coach then you had last year. His D have given Mr. Brady fits in the past ,and the Bills have better players

I just hope that Rex can get the triple play against the Pats this year

1. At least .500 against the Pats
2. A brutal career ending injury against Tom Brady, preferably a decapitation or first or second vertebrae snap
3. A brutal career ender against Gronk, I never again want to see that ******* spike a football in the endzone, so completely ripping the arm from the body and hurling it into the upper deck and into a barbecue grill would do just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

2. A brutal career ending injury against Tom Brady, preferably a decapitation or first or second vertebrae snap
3. A brutal career ender against Gronk, I never again want to see that ******* spike a football in the endzone

Bounties would be permissable if it only involved some scrub defensive assistant and a 3rd or 4th string defender.

upstart
02-02-2015, 05:14 PM

3. A brutal career ender against Gronk, I never again want to see that ******* spike a football in the endzone, so completely ripping the arm from the body and hurling it into the upper deck and into a barbecue grill would do just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Bounties would be permissable if it only involved some scrub defensive assistant and a 3rd or 4th string defender.

All teams attempt to do those things.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-02-2015, 05:27 PM

No, only the saints did. Sure, we'd pay a high price but I would love to say my team although banned from league play for five years killed the great Satan of the NFL

better days
02-02-2015, 06:04 PM

But the Bills next year have the best chance of doing any of that in the AFC EAST.

But with the EASY schedule the Pats* have next year, I think the only way the Pats* don't repeat is if Brady & Gronk get injured.

Mr. Cynical
02-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Pasterisks. :D

upstart
02-02-2015, 07:27 PM
But the Bills next year have the best chance of doing any of that in the AFC EAST.

But with the EASY schedule the Pats* have next year, I think the only way the Pats* don't repeat is if Brady & Gronk get injured.

The Pats play the same schedule as the bills ,however the Pats must play the winner of each AFC Div as well. How is that a easy schedule ?

coastal
02-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Mr. Brady?

you even type like an a$$hole.

better days
02-02-2015, 10:18 PM
The Pats play the same schedule as the bills ,however the Pats must play the winner of each AFC Div as well. How is that a easy schedule ?

Look at the Pats* home schedule & tell me that is not cupcake.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Look at the Pats* home schedule & tell me that is not cupcake.

Wat. You want your tough opponents at home. You'd rather play a tough road schedule?

feldspar
02-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Wat. You want your tough opponents at home. You'd rather play a tough road schedule?

What's funny is that the Patriots have the EXACT opposite schedule than the Bills. In other words, the Bills home schedule is the Patriots road schedule, and vice versa.

The only difference is that the Patriots play Denver and Pittsburgh, while the Bills play Kansas City and Cincinnati. Also, the Bills play Jacksonville in London, which technically counts as a Jaguars home game.

feldspar
02-03-2015, 11:10 AM

Five of Ryan’s last six meetings with Bill Belichick have been decided by three points or less, including a two-point and a one-point decision in 2014.

jimmifli
02-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Five of Ryan’s last six meetings with Bill Belichick have been decided by three points or less, including a two-point and a one-point decision in 2014.
Buffalo Bills, leading the league in moral victories since 1999!

feldspar
02-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Buffalo Bills, leading the league in moral victories since 1999!

Who said anything about the Bills?

Take a negative spin on then. WTF do I care?

Fact remains that Ryan has proven to have played the Patriots tightly despite having inferior talent. The Bills have better talent than the Jets. I bet we beat New England once next year.

better days
02-03-2015, 01:05 PM

I think the Pats* will go undefeated at home.

Possibly a loss to the Bills or Fins, but that is 6-8 wins before any road games are considered.

The Pats* will only have to win 3-4 road games to win the division.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-03-2015, 01:15 PM
I think the Pats* will go undefeated at home.

Possibly a loss to the Bills or Fins, but that is 6-8 wins before any road games are considered.

The Pats* will only have to win 3-4 road games to win the division.

Would you rather play your tough opponents at home or on the road?

better days
02-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Would you rather play your tough opponents at home or on the road?

If I believed the Bills could get 8 wins at home, I would take a few tough road games.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-03-2015, 01:31 PM
If I believed the Bills could get 8 wins at home, I would take a few tough road games.

I don't understand that reasoning. A home win counts just as much as a road win, but home field is an advantage. I don't know why you think New England would rather have HFA against scrubs like Tennessee and Jacksonville then Dallas or Houston.

chris66
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Would you rather play your tough opponents at home or on the road?Road, nothing like tough road games to get a team ready for the playoffs.

better days
02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't understand that reasoning. A home win counts just as much as a road win, but home field is an advantage. I don't know why you think New England would rather have HFA against scrubs like Tennessee and Jacksonville then Dallas or Houston.

The reasoning on my part is that the Bills are more likely to win an easy home game than a home game against a tough opponent.

You don't need to win 16 games, just enough to win the division.

If you win 8 games at home you just need 2 or 3 more wins to win the division.

Not all the road games are going to be against GOOD teams, only 2 or 3.

That leaves 5 or 6 winnable Road games with only 2 or 3 wins needed to win the division.