PDA

View Full Version : Who Is At The Top of Your Free Agency Wish List?

BillsImpossible
02-02-2015, 06:32 PM
If you had one NFL free agency wish, who would it be?

Stefen Wisniewski is at the top of my list.

Eric Wood has been good at times, average at times, and below average at times. Wood is a great team player but he's never been a Pro-Bowl caliber starting center in the NFL.

The Bills have two huge holes to fill on the interior of their offensive line, and Eric Wood can fill one of them if they sign Wisniewski.

Wood played guard before for the Bills a few years back when the o-line had a ton of injuries.

If the Bills want to establish the league's best running attack, signing Wisniewski would be a major step in that direction.

If I had to choose between signing Jerry Hughes and Stefan Wisniewski, I'd choose Wisniewski because the Bills needs more help on the offensive side of the ball, and Rex Ryan can find a way to replace Jerry Hughes.

In order to make a serious run without a proven quarterback on their roster, the Bills have to build a dominant offensive line road crew first.

What player is at the top of your free agency list?

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 06:38 PM
Outside of Hughes, Jordan Cameron.

BillsImpossible
02-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Outside of Hughes, Jordan Cameron.

Has a history of concussions, unfortunately.

Mr. Pink
02-02-2015, 06:44 PM
The guy the Bills should have drafted back in 2010...Dez Bryant.

Cowboys don't have much cap space but will likely figure a way to keep him, still doesn't mean he's not the top of the list at the moment.

BillsImpossible
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Cowboys don't have much cap space but will likely figure a way to keep him, still doesn't mean he's not the top of the list at the moment.

The last thing the Bills need is another wide receiver.

You have one wad to spend, one single wish and you want Dez Bryant?

Put down the bong my friend, it's going to be okay.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Has a history of concussions, unfortunately.

It's him or Julius Thomas as fear JT stats are enhanced by playing with Peyton. Charles Clay is a lesser option who could be in the same mold yet not sure he's as good a player or if want to go with a blocking TE Jermaine Gresham might be an option. In other words I feel we need to upgrade the TE position and to me Cameron is the best option out there so go hard for him.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM

I still remember posting just before the draft the smartest decision for the Bills was to take Dez Bryant even though I was high on Bryan Bulaga. In terms of Dez leaving Dallas, it isn't going to happen. Jerry won't let him go and fully expect him to stay in Dallas even if means they lost Murray.

better days
02-02-2015, 07:02 PM
I would rather have Iupati or Franklin than Wisniewski myself.

Both have played on winning teams. I don't want another player that is seeped in the culture of losing to bring that to the Bills.

Mr. Pink
02-02-2015, 07:05 PM

Oh because this teams WRs are so awesome that they don't need to be upgraded?

Robert Woods is average, Goodwin is Roscoe Parrish, Hogan is a bum and Sammy Watkins could use the tutor meanwhile not being expected to pull the load.

This team needs to sign or draft at least 1, possibly 2, wide receivers in the offseason as there are only 4 on the roster who actually get catches, 3 who get any sort of targets. Thigpen is a receiver not that he ever plays it, Easley is a receiver also never plays it, and Goodwin well when he isn't hurt, he doesn't see the ball much.

Last thing the Bills need? Yeah, okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I still remember posting just before the draft the smartest decision for the Bills was to take Dez Bryant even though I was high on Bryan Bulaga. In terms of Dez leaving Dallas, it isn't going to happen. Jerry won't let him go and fully expect him to stay in Dallas even if means they lost Murray.

I'm in full agreement that there is no way Dallas lets him walk but as of now he's a UFA.

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Oline help. I'll take any 2 of the following:

Iupati
Orlando Franklin
Bulaga
Clint Boling

YardRat
02-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I'm a proponent of upgrading at center and moving Wood to G myself, so add Wisniewski to jimmi's list and I'll take any two also.

coastal
02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
While we're stroking it...

Boling
JPP
Iupati

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm a proponent of upgrading at center and moving Wood to G myself, so add Wisniewski to jimmi's list and I'll take any two also.

Brian De La Puente has a history with our O-line coach and might be better than Wisniewski.

YardRat
02-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Brian De La Puente has a history with our O-line coach and might be better than Wisniewski.

Maybe, I've been looking mostly at guys coming off their rookie contracts mostly and skipped over De La Puente because he's pushing 30.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Maybe, I've been looking mostly at guys coming off their rookie contracts mostly and skipped over De La Puente because he's pushing 30.

We're likely looking at a two year window with our current D as it is. I think we can look at guys in their late twenties and/or no older than 31.

YardRat
02-02-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I'm certainly not against bringing somebody in pushing thirty, but IMO the switch in defense is a couple of steps backward so that two-year window is no longer relevant.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Oline help. I'll take any 2 of the following:

Iupati
Orlando Franklin
Bulaga
Clint Boling

I think we only sign one O-lineman this offseason and maybe draft an OG in Round 2 depending who falls on draft day.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I'm certainly not against bringing somebody in pushing thirty, but IMO the switch in defense is a couple of steps backward so that two-year window is no longer relevant.

This time last year everyone thought the switch to Schwartz's D might be a bad thing as we wouldn't have the pass rush we had under Pettine. Guess what? We did. I have faith in Rex as think he isn't dumb enough to blow up something that was successful the last two years. He'll just put his spin on it and there might be a few hiccups I wouldn't expect it to take a full step back maybe have a step as we should still rank in the top 10 all things considered.

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 08:46 PM
I don't think he'd be good at guard. He was a solid C, maybe a little overrated, but solid for his entire career... until Doug showed up. I'd be fine with bringing in someone but I think RT and both G positions are much bigger holes and I doubt we see three free agent O linemen landing in Buffalo.

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't think he'd be good at guard. He was a solid C, maybe a little overrated, but solid for his entire career... until Doug showed up. I'd be fine with bringing in someone but I think RT and both G positions are much bigger holes and I doubt we see three free agent O linemen landing in Buffalo. He started his first 20 games at RG in his first two seasons in the league but I guess people tend to forget that. http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/pdf-bios/Wood_Eric.pdf

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 09:24 PM
I think we only sign one O-lineman this offseason and maybe draft an OG in Round 2 depending who falls on draft day.
I'd rather save the draft pick and spend the money. Think of one signing as a do-over on last year's putz, and the other as an actual addition.

Williams got $3.2, Boling is probably a $4-$5 million guy so that's not a huge difference. And then add Iupati or Franklin for the $6-$8 it will cost to land them. The Oline then goes to:

Glenn Boling Wood Iupati/Franklin Henderson

And we get that done for under $10 million additional dollars. Then the 2nd round pick is free to fill whatever hole we want... QB TE RB

And still over $20 million in cap space. What's the point of having a rich owner if he isn't going to fix ****?

The Jokeman
02-02-2015, 09:30 PM
I'd rather save the draft pick and spend the money. Think of one signing as a do-over on last year's putz, and the other as an actual addition.

Williams got $3.2, Boling is probably a $4-$5 million guy so that's not a huge difference. And then add Iupati or Franklin for the $6-$8 it will cost to land them. The Oline then goes to:

Glenn Boling Wood Iupati/Franklin Henderson

And we get that done for under $10 million additional dollars. Then the 2nd round pick is free to fill whatever hole we want... QB TE RB

And still over $20 million in cap space. What's the point of having a rich owner if he isn't going to fix ****?

If I had to chose between a veteran OG or veteran TE I take the latter. As I think asking a 2nd Round rookie QB/TE to be an impact guy is asking alot. Yet an impact RB/OG or situational pass rusher is more feasible.

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 09:54 PM
If I had to chose between a veteran OG or veteran TE I take the latter. As I think asking a 2nd Round rookie QB/TE to be an impact guy is asking alot. Yet an impact RB/OG or situational pass rusher is more feasible.
Because it's feasible to reliably find them in the draft is the reason those guys are available in free agency. Conversely, because good TEs are hard to draft, the good ones rarely see free agency.

Look at this year's crop: A Peyton Manning product and a bunch of guys that aren't much better than Scott Chandler.

Either method has merit, I just don't see any TEs I'd break the bank on that offer much of an upgrade, so I'd rather go fishing.

better days
02-02-2015, 10:07 PM

It is the same defense the Bills ran two years ago with mostly the same players.

I don't see how the defense takes a couple steps backward.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-02-2015, 11:16 PM

The dude caught 16 ****ing touchdowns this year, I think we can find a spot for him. Sorry, Hogan.

jimmifli
02-02-2015, 11:38 PM
The dude caught 16 ****ing touchdowns this year, I think we can find a spot for him. Sorry, Hogan.
How many did he throw?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-02-2015, 11:47 PM
How many did he throw?

I'm not saying he should be our 1st target, as there's no way in hell he leaves Dallas, but to act like our WR corps is set and Bryant wouldn't be a massive, massive upgrade is insane.

YardRat
02-03-2015, 04:28 AM
It is the same defense the Bills ran two years ago with mostly the same players.

I don't see how the defense takes a couple steps backward.

Because they took a couple of steps forward under Schwartz. #4 overall, and top 10 in all 10 major defensive statistical categories, going by numbers alone. Schwartz stuffed the run, Pettine made second stringers look like all stars. Schwartz was better stopping third downs, didn't give up as many big plays, etc, etc. Going back to a 'good' defense from one that was borderline dominant is taking a couple of steps back.

Rex said #4 wasn't good enough...well, anything other than 1, 2 or 3 is a regression, and I don't see that happening.

better days
02-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Because they took a couple of steps forward under Schwartz. #4 overall, and top 10 in all 10 major defensive statistical categories, going by numbers alone. Schwartz stuffed the run, Pettine made second stringers look like all stars. Schwartz was better stopping third downs, didn't give up as many big plays, etc, etc. Going back to a 'good' defense from one that was borderline dominant is taking a couple of steps back.

Rex said #4 wasn't good enough...well, anything other than 1, 2 or 3 is a regression, and I don't see that happening.

It wasn't Schwartz as much as it was Spikes responsible for the improvement in that.

And Rex has had much better success stopping the run than Pettine.

Ed
02-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Give me Ndamukong Suh. I want the scariest D-line ever, and until we have a franchise qb we might as well spend the money there.

better days
02-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Give me Ndamukong Suh. I want the scariest D-line ever, and until we have a franchise qb we might as well spend the money there.

If the Lions can't get Suh resigned, I would bet they franchise tag him.

But yeah, that would be one scary DL adding Suh to the Bills.

Night Train
02-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Kate Upton - TE

Probably one of the top Guards mentioned earlier. Any OL addition is a good thing.

SpikedLemonade
02-04-2015, 11:33 AM

The Lions will franchise Suh if they have to but what about Nick Fairley instead?

Ed
02-04-2015, 12:58 PM
The Lions will franchise Suh if they have to but what about Nick Fairley instead?
Not a big fan myself, but what's his price tag?

SpikedLemonade
02-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Not a big fan myself, but what's his price tag?

Probably $6M per year.

He was drafted highly and has played well.

swiper
02-04-2015, 04:11 PM

LOL. Who was throwing to him again? EJ Romo?

swiper
02-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Is this guy an upgrade for us?

Jordan Cameron wants out of Cleveland (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/04/report-jordan-cameron-eager-to-leave-the-mess-in-cleveland/)

The Browns are once again looking like a mess this offseason. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan wanted out and got his wish. Wide receiver Josh Gordon (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8282/josh-gordon) wanted to play but has been suspended for a year. Quarterback Johnny Manziel (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9271/johnny-manziel) is heading for rehab for an alcohol problem.And now comes word that tight end Jordan Cameron (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6572/jordan-cameron) wants out. Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Cameron, who becomes a free agent next month, is not interested in returning to Cleveland (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25038103).

Cameron was a Pro Bowler in the 2013 season and played well at times in 2014, averaging 17.7 yards a catch. But Cameron has also suffered three concussions in the last two years, and that may scare a lot of potential suitors off. It’s unknown whether the Browns even want to keep Cameron.

La Canfora’s story paints the Browns as a disaster, with Manziel and fellow first-round pick Justin Gilbert (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9436/justin-gilbert) both looking like draft busts and owner Jimmy Haslam meddling in work that should be left to the coaching staff and the personnel department. If things in Cleveland are as bad as this story makes it sound, then it’s easy to see why Cameron would be eager to leave.

Mace
02-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I'd say Iupati, he knows Roman's system for LG. I haven't given up on Urbik at RG though I might be a minority. I think they can develop Richardson/Henderson/Kouandjio better than Pat Morris/Marrone, and I really think those are 3 talented big men that just need some real coaching.

I believe Franklin wants to stay in Denver but I'd consider him if they couldn't get Iupati.

Jordan Cameron would come reasonably priced and wants out of Cleveland. Concussion concern, but compared to Chandler/Gragg/Lee Smith, well.....

If we're going to get anyone on D, I like Jabaal Sheard if they lose Hughes, over Manny Lawson at the OLB/DE role, maybe even if they don't lose Hughes, which will give them a deadly rotation. I'm not really sold on Bradham being more than depth or ST, figuring their 2 3 down lb's will be Alonso and Brown.

I'm not really sure any of them are must haves, a guard or TE are doable in the draft, and I'm not really not sold on Bradham either, or Lawson being reliable parts.