PDA

View Full Version : Push off by Edelman...

jpdex12
02-03-2015, 12:47 PM
I didn't see any threads of this and I know there is already enough crap that kicks us Bill's fans in the nuts about the Patriots but am I missing something or was that a push off by Edelman when he scored on about a 2 yard TD pass from Brady? The line judge was looking right at the play as they were the only two players within miles of the ref. The route was a smash route but you could see the push off by Edelman to create even more separation...Just another case of don't call that on the Patriots? We've seen some weak offensive PI calls this year but not Sunday night...

GreedoII
02-03-2015, 12:53 PM
crap who cares anymore....season is over...

Lucidvizion
02-03-2015, 12:54 PM
The Seahawks did their share of OPI too.

jpdex12
02-03-2015, 12:57 PM
crap who cares anymore....season is over...

I hear ya, kind of in response to Woody Johnson's recent rant regarding Goodell and Kraft's 'too close' relationship and favoritism by Goodell for those that stay in his inner circle. How heavy are politics in a small 32 team league?

jpdex12
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
see what the mindset is? Who cares anymore? I'm sure this is what Brady and Billy Bob wanted is for fans to get to this point so it would go away and they can find another way to skirt the system. This is the same mindset of why our government keeps ramming it up our asses...because the people that could do something about it will quickly forget and not care.

Pinkerton Security
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Chris Matthews also pushed off on one of his back-shoulder sideline catches, so it all evens out. I hate the Pats as much as anyone but no point in rehashing it now.

The King
02-03-2015, 03:14 PM
I liked the way the game was called from a PI perspective they let them play. The only non-call I thought was bad, was the tripping call.

Fixxxer
02-03-2015, 03:22 PM
The worst non call of the super bowl was a tripping penalty by a falling patriot player, if the WR catches that one (almost did while falling down) it's huge for the Seahawks, because it was the 4th QTR and were driving for a potential score while killing more clock. It was clear as day, amazingly the refs missed that one.

Regarding PI, the refs called it right, they should call all games like that from September to the SB.

YardRat
02-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Yeah, not a big deal, both teams got away with their share of contact. The tripping, and early on when one of the Hawks olinemen literally got his helmet ripped off by a Patriot dlineman, were more egregious to me. Patriot hate aside for a moment, I though the game was fairly well called and there isn't really any room to ***** about favoritism being shown to one team over the other.

chris66
02-03-2015, 03:50 PM
I didn't see any threads of this and I know there is already enough crap that kicks us Bill's fans in the nuts about the Patriots but am I missing something or was that a push off by Edelman when he scored on about a 2 yard TD pass from Brady? The line judge was looking right at the play as they were the only two players within miles of the ref. The route was a smash route but you could see the push off by Edelman to create even more separation...Just another case of don't call that on the Patriots? We've seen some weak offensive PI calls this year but not Sunday night...there was a lot of stuff they could have called on both sides. they decided to let two physical teams play.

BuffaloRedleg
02-03-2015, 03:54 PM
As a player who complains a lot about over-officiating in Football, I think the game was called just fine. I think the refs were told to stay out of it for once since most fans are at their wits end with the absolutely terrible officiating in this league.

Bill Cody
02-03-2015, 04:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/playbook-england-patriots-wr-julian-020448460.html

watch it for yourself. It's a clean play. Simon got beat that's it.

Forward_Lateral
02-04-2015, 05:55 AM
I thought it was a hell of a route by Edelman to be honest. Beat the same guy twice with the same move? He deserves it. He didn't push off, IMO.

jamze132
02-04-2015, 06:50 AM
I didn't see any threads of this and I know there is already enough crap that kicks us Bill's fans in the nuts about the Patriots but am I missing something or was that a push off by Edelman when he scored on about a 2 yard TD pass from Brady? The line judge was looking right at the play as they were the only two players within miles of the ref. The route was a smash route but you could see the push off by Edelman to create even more separation...Just another case of don't call that on the Patriots? We've seen some weak offensive PI calls this year but not Sunday night...

It didn't bother me because the refs let both teams play and they only called the obvious, blatant BS. Every game should be called like that.

Buckets
02-04-2015, 07:35 AM

NO

Forward_Lateral
02-04-2015, 08:09 AM
It didn't bother me because the refs let both teams play and they only called the obvious, blatant BS. Every game should be called like that.

I agree. I thought the superbowl was possibly the best officiated game of the playoffs. I'm tired of seeing ticky tack penalties cost teams huge.