PDA

View Full Version : Is Brian Hoyer The Best Free Agent Quarterback?

BillsImpossible
02-04-2015, 07:08 PM
Sanchez is Kyle Orton Light.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/

71 games, 38-33 as a career starter with a 56% completion rate, 82 TD's, 80 Int's and 1 butt fumble.

Next.

Jake Locker?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LockJa00/gamelog/

30 games, 10-20 as a career starter with a 58% completion rate, 27 TD's and 22 Int's.

Next.

Matt Moore?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01/gamelog/

58 games, 29-29 as a career starter with a 59% completion rate, 33 TD's and 28 Int's.

Next.

Brian Hoyer?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HoyeBr00/gamelog/

32 games, 20-12 as a career starter with a 57% completion rate, 19 TD's and 19 Int's.

20-12.

That stands out the most to me.

The Bills are going to sign a free agent quarterback, right?

Who's it going to be?

Mace
02-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Them's some slim pickins. EJ Manuel.

Mr. Pink
02-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Brian Hoyer = Kyle Orton.

You want no part of that.

Mr. Miyagi
02-04-2015, 10:02 PM
I'd bring in Brian Hoyer to compete. If he can't beat out EJ then he'd be an OK backup.

Maybe he can help bring in Jordan Cameron too. I hear he's itching to get out of Cleveland.

better days
02-04-2015, 10:43 PM
I'd bring in Brian Hoyer to compete. If he can't beat out EJ then he'd be an OK backup.

Maybe he can help bring in Jordan Cameron too. I hear he's itching to get out of Cleveland.

I would take Sanchez, Hoyer or Locker as free agents who the Bills do not have to trade for.

Whoever the Bills do get will have to compete with EJ for the starters job.

I watched the Miami at Buffalo game again tonight.

A 101 yd TD return by Spiller. I would love to see CJ back on the Bills if he wants to remain a Bill.

Early on in the game, it was announced that EJ had a completion rate of 72% the week before against the Bears.

EJ also had a completion rate of 72% in this game against a GOOD Miami defense that beat Brady & the Pats* the week before.

I think all EJ HATERS should be required to watch this game again before they can post about EJ.

Lucidvizion
02-05-2015, 07:49 AM
A good QB would have a 90% completion percentage if he threw all of the 0-5 yard passes that EJ did.

elltrain22
02-05-2015, 07:54 AM
OMG, I hope not!!

imbondz
02-05-2015, 08:01 AM
I'm a big Jake Locker fan. If he could just stay healthy, I think he could be a special player. I hope he gets another shot somewhere, and doesn't get injured. I believe he was 4-1 before he got injured last season. And he started this past season beating the Chiefs 26-10 but the Titans sucked overall.

sukie
02-05-2015, 08:28 AM
Selecting a QB solely on win loss record is so... Matt Cassel-ish

justasportsfan
02-05-2015, 08:33 AM
Brian Hoyer = Kyle Orton.

You want no part of that.

Kyle Orton is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hate to say it but I'd rather take Sanchise. He at least has played and won in the playoffs.

Night Train
02-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Any QB without some mobility would seem to have zero shot with Roman, based on who he's worked with in the past. That eliminates most of the bums and leaves only a few...who are probably bums.

justasportsfan
02-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Any QB without some mobility would seem to have zero shot with Roman, based on who he's worked with in the past. That eliminates most of the bums and leaves only a few...who are probably bums.

Tarvaris JAckson is available.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2015, 09:07 AM
With Roman, I think Jake Locker is the best fit for the offense...problem is he never stays healthy.

It would surprise me if Locker isn't brought in, to be honest.

sukie
02-05-2015, 10:05 AM
CLAUSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

better days
02-05-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm a big Jake Locker fan. If he could just stay healthy, I think he could be a special player. I hope he gets another shot somewhere, and doesn't get injured. I believe he was 4-1 before he got injured last season. And he started this past season beating the Chiefs 26-10 but the Titans sucked overall.

I am on the Locker bandwagon as well.....the Bills do have the best trainers in the NFL.

jamze132
02-05-2015, 12:28 PM
I would take Sanchez, Hoyer or Locker as free agents who the Bills do not have to trade for.

Whoever the Bills do get will have to compete with EJ for the starters job.

I watched the Miami at Buffalo game again tonight.

A 101 yd TD return by Spiller. I would love to see CJ back on the Bills if he wants to remain a Bill.

Early on in the game, it was announced that EJ had a completion rate of 72% the week before against the Bears.

EJ also had a completion rate of 72% in this game against a GOOD Miami defense that beat Brady & the Pats* the week before.

I think all EJ HATERS should be required to watch this game again before they can post about EJ.

Then he threw a pick-6 to a DE in the backfield...

Ed
02-05-2015, 03:46 PM
I'd take Locker out of that group just because I think he has the most upside, but I would still expect EJ to be the starter.

The Jokeman
02-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Of all the UFAs that are out there I think Colt McCoy is the best option for the Bills. As he's been in the league 5 years including one year under Roman in San Francisco. He has a solid completion percentage of 60.3% (including 71.1% last year) yet his yards per attempt 6.57 and TD 25 to INT 23 ratio isn't great. Next on my list is Blaine Gabbert who's also worked under Roman but think has the highest ceiling of any UFA free agent. I know his numbers are ugly in Jacksonville but if you study him he's very reminiscent of EJ in that he was supposed to ride the bench his rookie year but he got thrown into a starting role when David Garrard was surprising cut in Gabbert's rookie year in part because of a back injury. What followed was a series of injury filled and bad coaching in Jacksonville. Then there's a guy I've been calling on all post season in Christian Ponder. I like him because he has "mentored" EJ already with their time together at FSU and also think he is a low risk proposition but think with some WRs (which he rarely had in Minnesota) has some promise as he showed in his second season when he was part of a playoff team.

swiper
02-05-2015, 07:16 PM
There are very few good QBs in the NFL. There are no good free agents.

BillsImpossible
02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
There are very few good QBs in the NFL. There are no good free agents.

NFL Siberia holds the key in Calgary.

Mr. Pink
02-05-2015, 07:50 PM
You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel when you advocate for Colt McCoy.

He's no better than EJ.