X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Who
    • Jul 2002

OBD qb rumor

Got this off another message board. Fellow named Kevin Massare claims to know someone at OBD and was right about signing of Spikes and some other things.
    Supposedly he recently talked to his source. Yesterday, he tweeted with regards to the qb position: "We will be going a route that not many have talked about."
    The "not many" must not include message boards, where every rational and irrational possibility has presumably been broached; many of them at any rate.

Today, and this appears more speculative, he tweets that RG3 might work in Roman's offense.

I have no idea how reliable this fellow is, but some say that while hit-and-miss, he hits enough to suggest some credibility.
  • The last buffalo fan
    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
    • Sep 2004

Re: OBD qb rumor

EJ finest versiĆ³n. I'm not sure that I like it.
    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Based on how disfunction Marrone was behind the scenes I really want to see what EJ can do if he's embraced. I don't want to gamble anything away until I know he can't produce.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Who
        • Jul 2002

To be clear, I'm just sharing this as info. Personally, I'd like to see how EJ develops with a competent coaching staff.
        Saying this, of course, engenders a lot of disdain from the usual suspects.

The other name some have speculated upon in the thread on the other board is Bo Levi Mitchell, the CFL qb, who apparently has a contract with the Calgary Stampeders through 2016 that would have to be dealt with (he's short and a system qb, not a lot of arm strength, but has mid-range accuracy).

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I don't like RG3 at all. Not in any way.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
            Fellow named Kevin Massare
            AKA Skooby ?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• CoolBreeze
              • Feb 2009

Makes sense to me. I figured if we were truly commited to finding a QB with the potential to start for years it would be through trade. This team is a QB away from being a very very good team. The players know it, as do the coaches and the FO. I expect a big move to be made by us. No more games, a few upgrades on the O-line and Defensive backfield, and a QB... Really not a huge list of needs

If Greg thinks RG3 would do great things in his system pull the trigger, don't hesitate. RG3 had an icredible first year, and has been less than sloppy the last 2. I personally believe his confidence is shot and he's weary of the next injury he might have. A trade might be the best thing for him, a change in scenery. It could provide a boost of confidence he desperately needs knowing a team values him enough to trade for him. Basically RG3 could be exactly what the Bills have needed, and maybe the Bills are exactly what RG3 needs

Comment

• Dr. Who
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                AKA Skooby ?
                I don't know. The vagueries of multiple identities in the internet world elude me.
                The fellow appears to have tweeted some things that turned out to be true.
                He's not always accurate. Some of the posters call the fellow "road sodas."
                Seems as enigmatic as Rosebud to me.

This may be complete fabrication; probably is. Still, relatively dull here.
                I am tired of deflate gate, et al. So, I just shared for whatever entertainment value it may have.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                  • Jul 2002

FWIW, one of the other posters (he posts a lot and seems rational) claims that Massare knows Littman.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

I'd take the potential upside of RGIII over EJ Manuel any day of the week. I'd take an injured RGIII over Manuel in fact.

That is less an endorsement of RGIII than a criticism of EJ.

Comment

• gebobs
                      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                      • Sep 2003

What could the Bills possibly offer that the Skins could accept?
                      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

At least if we got RG3, all of his commercials would disappear. That may be worth it.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Ed
                          Dude
                          • Sep 2002

The Bills being interested in RGIII is very believable to me. Considering the available options and the doubts surrounding EJ, why wouldn't they take a chance on RGIII? The real question for me is if RGIII is even available for trade and what would the cost be. I just don't see Dan Snyder being willing to put RGIII on the trading block.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                            • Jul 2002

If the relationship between Jay Gruden and RG3 has broken down, the asking price might not be that high.
                            I think RG3 has regressed at least as much as EJ. Not sure he can hold up physically at the NFL level and I think he needs an attitude adjustment.
                            I don't really think he's the answer, but a change of scenery might help.

I'd prefer to bring in a vet, give EJ a shot, and draft someone in 2016 if needed.
                            Last edited by Dr. Who; 02-05-2015, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

FWIW, here are Griffin's 2015 $$$ numbers with the 'Skins:

The Washington Commanders 2024 salary cap table, including team cap space, dead cap figures, and complete breakdowns of player cap hits, salaries, and bonuses.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X