PDA

View Full Version : OBD qb rumor

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Got this off another message board. Fellow named Kevin Massare claims to know someone at OBD and was right about signing of Spikes and some other things.
Supposedly he recently talked to his source. Yesterday, he tweeted with regards to the qb position: "We will be going a route that not many have talked about."
The "not many" must not include message boards, where every rational and irrational possibility has presumably been broached; many of them at any rate.

Today, and this appears more speculative, he tweets that RG3 might work in Roman's offense.

I have no idea how reliable this fellow is, but some say that while hit-and-miss, he hits enough to suggest some credibility.

The last buffalo fan
02-05-2015, 09:48 AM
EJ finest versión. I'm not sure that I like it.

The King
02-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Based on how disfunction Marrone was behind the scenes I really want to see what EJ can do if he's embraced. I don't want to gamble anything away until I know he can't produce.

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 09:56 AM
To be clear, I'm just sharing this as info. Personally, I'd like to see how EJ develops with a competent coaching staff.
Saying this, of course, engenders a lot of disdain from the usual suspects.

The other name some have speculated upon in the thread on the other board is Bo Levi Mitchell, the CFL qb, who apparently has a contract with the Calgary Stampeders through 2016 that would have to be dealt with (he's short and a system qb, not a lot of arm strength, but has mid-range accuracy).

Mr. Miyagi
02-05-2015, 10:02 AM
I don't like RG3 at all. Not in any way.

justasportsfan
02-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Fellow named Kevin Massare

AKA Skooby ?

CoolBreeze
02-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Makes sense to me. I figured if we were truly commited to finding a QB with the potential to start for years it would be through trade. This team is a QB away from being a very very good team. The players know it, as do the coaches and the FO. I expect a big move to be made by us. No more games, a few upgrades on the O-line and Defensive backfield, and a QB... Really not a huge list of needs

If Greg thinks RG3 would do great things in his system pull the trigger, don't hesitate. RG3 had an icredible first year, and has been less than sloppy the last 2. I personally believe his confidence is shot and he's weary of the next injury he might have. A trade might be the best thing for him, a change in scenery. It could provide a boost of confidence he desperately needs knowing a team values him enough to trade for him. Basically RG3 could be exactly what the Bills have needed, and maybe the Bills are exactly what RG3 needs

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 10:28 AM
AKA Skooby ?

I don't know. The vagueries of multiple identities in the internet world elude me.
The fellow appears to have tweeted some things that turned out to be true.
He's not always accurate. Some of the posters call the fellow "road sodas."
Seems as enigmatic as Rosebud to me.

This may be complete fabrication; probably is. Still, relatively dull here.
I am tired of deflate gate, et al. So, I just shared for whatever entertainment value it may have.

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 10:36 AM
FWIW, one of the other posters (he posts a lot and seems rational) claims that Massare knows Littman.

BuffaloRedleg
02-05-2015, 10:54 AM
I'd take the potential upside of RGIII over EJ Manuel any day of the week. I'd take an injured RGIII over Manuel in fact.

That is less an endorsement of RGIII than a criticism of EJ.

gebobs
02-05-2015, 11:05 AM
What could the Bills possibly offer that the Skins could accept?

casdhf
02-05-2015, 11:07 AM
At least if we got RG3, all of his commercials would disappear. That may be worth it.

Ed
02-05-2015, 11:08 AM
The Bills being interested in RGIII is very believable to me. Considering the available options and the doubts surrounding EJ, why wouldn't they take a chance on RGIII? The real question for me is if RGIII is even available for trade and what would the cost be. I just don't see Dan Snyder being willing to put RGIII on the trading block.

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 11:11 AM
If the relationship between Jay Gruden and RG3 has broken down, the asking price might not be that high.
I think RG3 has regressed at least as much as EJ. Not sure he can hold up physically at the NFL level and I think he needs an attitude adjustment.
I don't really think he's the answer, but a change of scenery might help.

I'd prefer to bring in a vet, give EJ a shot, and draft someone in 2016 if needed.

stuckincincy
02-05-2015, 11:12 AM
FWIW, here are Griffin's 2015 $$$ numbers with the 'Skins:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/cap/

Cali512
02-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Maybe Canada? Everyones assuming trade, FA, or draft so this would be outside the box

gebobs
02-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Last year of his rookie contract. Sure, why not. Bring him in and if things don't work out, he can take the QEW up to Toronto and play for the Argos.

Cali512
02-05-2015, 11:16 AM
RG3, McCoy, and Cousins all regressed each week with Shannahan

Just like EJ, Thad, and Orton did. So giving any Redskins QB a shot is a unknown to me

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Maybe Canada? Everyones assuming trade, FA, or draft so this would be outside the box

See post #4.

justasportsfan
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
instead of a 2 back set we can run a 2 qb set . Question is, which Qb will get hurt first.

CommissarSpartacus
02-05-2015, 11:51 AM
No RG III.

Who wants a qb that's uglier than Marshawn Lynch?

swiper
02-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Worst thread ever. Rumors about rumors.

Ingtar33
02-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Got this off another message board. Fellow named Kevin Massare claims to know someone at OBD and was right about signing of Spikes and some other things.
Supposedly he recently talked to his source. Yesterday, he tweeted with regards to the qb position: "We will be going a route that not many have talked about."
The "not many" must not include message boards, where every rational and irrational possibility has presumably been broached; many of them at any rate.

Today, and this appears more speculative, he tweets that RG3 might work in Roman's offense.

I have no idea how reliable this fellow is, but some say that while hit-and-miss, he hits enough to suggest some credibility.

I think Snyder is still too in love with RG3 (or too invested due to the draft picks given up to draft him) to part ways with him for less then a 1st. And the RG3 I saw last year wouldn't beat EJ in camp for the starting job.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2015, 11:59 AM
No RG III.

Who wants a qb that's uglier than Marshawn Lynch?

What if he had matching motorcycle boots like you have? Would you be attracted to him enough to want him as our QB then?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I don't see Washington parting with Griffin for less than we'd be willing to pay for him.

The part that gets lost in these trade discussions is that both teams need a reason to do the deal. Reportedly, Snyder still loves Griffin and its not unheard for the the sunk cost fallacy to apply here, so why would RG3 come cheap?

better days
02-05-2015, 12:07 PM
I would trade a 6th rnd pick for RGIII as a flyer on him but that is as much as I would want to pay.

better days
02-05-2015, 12:09 PM
I don't see Washington parting with Griffin for less than we'd be willing to pay for him.

The part that gets lost in these trade discussions is that both teams need a reason to do the deal. Reportedly, Snyder still loves Griffin and its not unheard for the the sunk cost fallacy to apply here, so why would RG3 come cheap?

I don't think Gruden likes RGIII, so it would be like Mike Williams on the Bills, a player the HC refuses to play.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't think Gruden likes RGIII, so it would be like Mike Williams on the Bills, a player the HC refuses to play.

Owner outranks coach. The QB isn't leaving until the owner lets it happen.

jamze132
02-05-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure what's going on but I have EJ's rating up to 93 in Madden 15...

Give him some time, he'll figure it out... lol

better days
02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Owner outranks coach. The QB isn't leaving until the owner lets it happen.

Agreed, but does Snyder want to run Gruden out of town already?

Then look for a HC that loves RGIII?

We are talking about RGIII here, not Tom Brady.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Agreed, but does Snyder want to run Gruden out of town already?

Then look for a HC that loves RGIII?

We are talking about RGIII here, not Tom Brady.

We're also talking about Dan Snyder, Jay Gruden (not Bill Belichick), and a guy they threw the largest trade in NFL history at.

I could see Snyder making the deal if a big trade package gets offered, but when you're saying things like "I would trade a 6th rnd pick for RGIII as a flyer on him but that is as much as I would want to pay." then there's no room for a deal. No way Griffin gets dealt for a pittance.

better days
02-05-2015, 12:24 PM
We're also talking about Dan Snyder, Jay Gruden (not Bill Belichick), and a guy they threw the largest trade in NFL history at.

I could see Snyder making the deal if a big trade package gets offered, but when you're saying things like "I would trade a 6th rnd pick for RGIII as a flyer on him but that is as much as I would want to pay." then there's no room for a deal. No way Griffin gets dealt for a pittance.

I would not be upset at all watching Snyder deal with RGIII in Washington again next year.

I would not want to give up enough that the Bills feel stuck with RGIII, like I said, a 6th rnd pick is as far I want the Bills to go.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 12:42 PM
I would not be upset at all watching Snyder deal with RGIII in Washington again next year.

I would not want to give up enough that the Bills feel stuck with RGIII, like I said, a 6th rnd pick is as far I want the Bills to go.

That's fine, but if OBD feels the same then no deal is happening.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2015, 12:48 PM
That's fine, but if OBD feels the same then no deal is happening.

That's good.

Ingtar33
02-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Its obscene to be talking about higher round picks or even trading for RG3 when a far better QB is apparently on a trade block right now (Jay Cutler) and the Bears apparently are willing to pay teams to take him.

Not that i want cutler near a bills uniform, but to say OBD is targeting RG3 and not targeting Jay Cutler makes me a little (more) worried about our front office.

Dr. Who
02-05-2015, 01:08 PM
It's just a rumor. Also, I don't know if one should separate the first tweet -- "Bills are looking in a direction few have been talking about" from the later tweet, which may well simply be a personal surmise of the same individual.

I don't share your enthusiasm for Cutler, don't really like RG3, think EJ might still turn out well, like Whaley -- so we are unlikely to agree on much, I suppose.

CommissarSpartacus
02-05-2015, 01:18 PM
What if he had matching motorcycle boots like you have? Would you be attracted to him enough to want him as our QB then?

Not even if he decided to sport a pair of sexy Rexy's ass less chaps to go along with the boots...

http://www.cultistzine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/assless-chaps-man.jpg

MidnightVoice
02-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Redskins letter to fans doesn't list RGIII as core player

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000468839/article/redskins-letter-to-fans-doesnt-list-rgiii-as-core-player

Where do the Redskins stand with Robert Griffin III?

The offseason will tell us much, but a recent letter from the franchise to its season ticket-holders left RGIII off a list of the team's key players.........

Albany,n.y.
02-05-2015, 01:34 PM
What could the Bills possibly offer that the Skins could accept?

EJ & a pick.

CommissarSpartacus
02-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Homie's no Den2el, that's fo sho...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0418/mag_ms_rgiii01_576.jpg

Ed
02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Its obscene to be talking about higher round picks or even trading for RG3 when a far better QB is apparently on a trade block right now (Jay Cutler) and the Bears apparently are willing to pay teams to take him.

Not that i want cutler near a bills uniform, but to say OBD is targeting RG3 and not targeting Jay Cutler makes me a little (more) worried about our front office.
Is this true? I thought the latest was that the Bears do not intend to get rid of Cutler, but I guess everything is speculation and rumors at this point.

There's a lot to not like about Cutler, but if we didn't have to give anything up to get him, I think I'd be willing to take that gamble.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2015, 01:52 PM
Not even if he decided to sport a pair of sexy Rexy's ass less chaps to go along with the boots...

It's no wonder you're so into Tom Brady.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 01:58 PM
Is this true? I thought the latest was that the Bears do not intend to get rid of Cutler, but I guess everything is speculation and rumors at this point.

There's a lot to not like about Cutler, but if we didn't have to give anything up to get him, I think I'd be willing to take that gamble.

We do have to give up something - namely a significant amount of cap space.

Thurmal
02-05-2015, 02:17 PM
We're going to try to trade for Kaepernick.

WagonCircler
02-05-2015, 02:26 PM

That actually sounds like it has some validity.

Joe Fo Sho
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Ugh...I really hope not.

gebobs
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
I'd take Kaerpernick over Cutler, RG3 or EJ any day.

Ed
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
We do have to give up something - namely a significant amount of cap space.
Right. That's the gamble I'd be willing to take.

gebobs
02-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Right. That's the gamble I'd be willing to take.
A $16.5 million gamble?

WagonCircler
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM
I'd take Kaerpernick over Cutler, RG3 or EJ any day.

I dislike Kaepernick (loved him coming out of college, though), because he's an idiot, but I have to agree.

He gives the Bills a better chance to win than the other three, and seems more likely to stay healthy.

If the Bills could manage to somehow bolster the OL, you'd basically be looking at a team very similar to the 49ers team that nearly won a Super Bowl.

Ed
02-05-2015, 03:16 PM
A $16.5 million gamble?
Maybe. I don't love it, but it's tempting. My personal desire has always been to just stick with EJ for this season and see how much he improves and develops. But if we're talking about bringing in a starter to take over, I find Cutler intriguing given our current team. Maybe they can restructure the deal somehow to make it more cap friendly, but I don't believe they would be on the hook for much guaranteed money based on his current deal. Not sure though. Either way, bringing in Cutler would be the most interesting move they could make at qb, and maybe the only one at this point that would make me feel like we have legit talent at the position.

I don't know. Like I said, I don't love it, but I'm open to it.

Typ0
02-05-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm all for Manuel being successful but not coddling him. Bring in Manning and RGIII and draft a QB and may the best man win.

better days
02-05-2015, 03:26 PM
My biggerst concern about Kaepernick is that he is a WEST COAST guy.

I question his being happy on the East Coast & in Buffalo.

X-Era
02-05-2015, 04:14 PM

At 6.5 mill in cap hit, with starting experience, a mid round pick cost, and his upside? This is my favorite version for a "vet" QB move.

YardRat
02-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Ugh...I'm OK with bringing somebody from Canada in for a look-see, but I want nothing to do with any current FA's or the rumored trade bait.

Skooby
02-05-2015, 04:29 PM
AKA Skooby ?

The Germans got nothing to do with it.

trapezeus
02-05-2015, 04:50 PM
my issue with qb's like RGIII is that they seem to have a very specific skill set. and you need to put an offense that cateres to it.

when he invariably gets hurt, you are now putting EJ or a FA into that offense that doesn't suit them really. if RGIII was indestructble like some qb's, it's worth the risk. my he isn't. and he becomes a michael vick. as he plays through the pain or moves out, the offense seizes to be as good late in the season as it was at the start.

i also question RGIII's decision making. there were a bunch of articles showing screen shots of how he refused to make a decision when every receiver was open in their break and he wasn't under pressure. So the guys who want to be athletes only scare me a lot. at this level, you got to be dedicated to the craft.

bleve
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I don't really follow other teams, and don't consider myself a guru on judging QB's but...

I can't help think of this article when mentioning the possibility of RGIII

----excerpt----

Cooley said Griffin often looked to the wrong part of the field. He said Griffin repeatedly failed on basic fundamentals. He said Griffin missed what should have been easy reads, didn’t see open receivers, didn’t interpret defensive formations correctly, didn’t understand basic game-management principles, could not allow his team to run any semblance of its offense.

RGII So Bad Article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/)

sudzy
02-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Seems to me that a lot of the posters that are using our former "incompetent" coaching staff as an excuse on why EJ sucks, were the same guys that were beating the Doug Marrone drum before he quit on them. How can we spin this so that we can feel hopeful about the dreadful Bills QB situation? Going into next year with EJ as your answer is like driving with bald tires in a blizzard. Your spinning your wheels and going nowhere.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Kaepernick wouldn't work here for one reason

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/kaepernick-dolphins-hat-instagramresize.jpg

DraftBoy
02-05-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't really follow other teams, and don't consider myself a guru on judging QB's but...

I can't help think of this article when mentioning the possibility of RGIII

----excerpt----

RGII So Bad Article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/11/19/chris-cooley-rgiii-was-so-bad-i-cant-assess-the-rest-of-the-redskins-offense/)

This is the exact critique a number of people here (namely Ingtar) have talked about when discussing the prospects of Bryce Petty. That offense does not lend itself at all to the NFL.

WagonCircler
02-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Kaepernick wouldn't work here for one reason

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/kaepernick-dolphins-hat-instagramresize.jpg

It looks like he's giving the Dolphins hat the stinkeye.

Nah. That's just his face.

The King
02-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Ts is getting legs...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/washington-redskins-fail-to-mention-robert-griffin-iii-in-letter-to-fans-211012008.html

DraftBoy
02-05-2015, 07:05 PM
I think it's worth wondering how much roster control Snyder gave the new GM.

BertSquirtgum
02-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Gross

Mace
02-05-2015, 09:30 PM
"We will be going a route that not many have talked about."

I'm thinking more the 3 rb Wing-T offense, last attempted terribly by Marv Levy in KC after being abandoned in the 40's. If they resign Spiller, remember I mentioned it first.

Night Train
02-06-2015, 03:24 AM
After looking at the UFA list and this years draft prospects at QB, the Bills seriously need to explore trades or CFL/Arena gambles.

swiper
02-06-2015, 03:27 AM
After looking at the UFA list and this years draft prospects at QB, the Bills seriously need to explore trades or CFL/Arena gambles.

Why? They are looking for a worse QB.

Albany,n.y.
02-10-2015, 06:47 AM
Seems to me that a lot of the posters that are using our former "incompetent" coaching staff as an excuse on why EJ sucks, were the same guys that were beating the Doug Marrone drum before he quit on them. How can we spin this so that we can feel hopeful about the dreadful Bills QB situation? Going into next year with EJ as your answer is like driving with bald tires in a blizzard. Your spinning your wheels and going nowhere.

Every time the Bills get a QB who doesn't work out, there are posters who blame the coaches for ruining him. The most ridiculous ones were when JP Losman failed & somehow it was the coaches' fault even though at the time the Bills had one of the most respected QB coaches in the NFL, Sam Wyche.

I'm surprised we're up to page 7 & nobody has mentioned Jamarcus Russell yet for 2015 QB.

Night Train
02-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Every time the Bills get a QB who doesn't work out, there are posters who blame the coaches for ruining him. The most ridiculous ones were when JP Losman failed & somehow it was the coaches' fault even though at the time the Bills had one of the most respected QB coaches in the NFL, Sam Wyche.

I'm surprised we're up to page 7 & nobody has mentioned Jamarcus Russell yet for 2015 QB.

Nipsey Russell was mentioned on Page 6.

Bill Cody
02-10-2015, 11:03 AM
what I don't like about RG3:

he doesn't see the field, has no sense for pressure, isn't the same runner since his injury, is inaccurate, does not get along well with his teammates or coaches, has a high salary

what I do like about RG3: he's a member of the Washington Redskins

jamze132
02-10-2015, 11:33 AM
I think I saw on NFL network that the Rams are asking Bradford to restructure. If he doesn't, he could be on the trade/chopping block soon...

Just saying... I would rather have Bradford and his injury woes than RG3's.

trapezeus
02-10-2015, 12:06 PM
it seems to me all the qb's that aren't free agents right now have internal pressure to be cut. so why give anything up for bradford, rgiii, or cutler when the current teams who have these guys are in quite a bind?

let it playout however it plays out for those teams, pick up a free agent on March 1, and then if another one becomes available, sign them so that you have 3 qbs who all have a chance to have a clean sheet to start new. may the best man win.

no picks for mediocre qb's.

swiper
02-10-2015, 12:21 PM
The Bills gave up on Levi Brown too soon.

djjimkelly
02-10-2015, 12:48 PM
id be very interested in bradford otherwise lets see EJ

DesertFox24
02-10-2015, 02:42 PM
If we are talking trades I would look at Foles and Bradford. Other guys that interest me are Bo Levi Mitchell, Locker, gabbert, and (cannot believe I am saying this) sanchez.

If I am the bills I bring in two of these guys before the draft. That way the QB battle is legit and not a gimmie in any sense of the word. I also may consider leaving Tuel on the practice squad if he shows something in training camp.

There really are not any QBs that I am very interested in this year to draft and develop. Personally if they are going to develop anyone work with EJ for one more year and see if he gets better. If even if he does not play in 15, they will know if they have something by the draft in 2016. The other aspect is EJ is cheap and has shown he can function for a game or two even if at worst he is our second or third string qb.

If after the 2015 season the staff does not see improvement in EJ draft a guy in 2016 early. If they see improvement then I still say draft guy but maybe third round or later. Then let EJ and whomever starts in 15 battle it out. They will also be hedging their bet by developing the rookie in the 2016 season.

DesertFox24
02-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Bottom line is this I believe there are better QBs available in next years draft. Granted that seems to be a running theme but if you look at CBS sports there are some good names and Hackenburg is not even included on that list.

Names that intrigue me:
Hackenburg
Cook
Trevon boykin
Cody Kessler
Kevin Hogan
Carson Wentz
Jacoby Brisset
Stephen Rivers (phil rivers bro)

Yes a bunch of these guys will suck and some will not come out as they will be juniors or RSJuniors but these guys have better pro potential they anyone we can get in rounds 2 or later this year.

Fixxxer
02-10-2015, 03:28 PM
The Bills gave up on Levi Brown too soon.

Which CFL team is he on? and does he start there?

The Natrix
02-10-2015, 04:24 PM
RG3 is terrible.

He'll be out of the league in 2-3 years.

Mike
02-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Based on how disfunction Marrone was behind the scenes I really want to see what EJ can do if he's embraced. I don't want to gamble anything away until I know he can't produce.

Just watch him sail the ball way over the heads of wide open receivers and it should be enough to convince anyone.

He has both slow eyes, slow release & poor accuracy which means he will be out if the NFL in 4 years

Ingtar33
02-10-2015, 08:22 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/u7WhguITaHjZrBlBkgPwCw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-11-21/1ac514d0-71cf-11e4-8433-931d6a4a1b98_rg3ONE112114.jpg

5 open WRs, RG3 doesn't complete a pass... instead runs around in the backfield for a few seconds then throws the ball away.

djjimkelly
02-10-2015, 09:13 PM
rg3 sucks

WagonCircler
02-10-2015, 09:34 PM
rg3 sucks

Yup. He sucks.

And he's still twice as good as EJ.

DesertFox24
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Yup. He sucks.

And he's still twice as good as EJ.
No I would rather have ej. At least EJ wants to become a passer rg3 just wants to run around like college

WagonCircler
02-11-2015, 01:08 AM
No I would rather have ej. At least EJ wants to become a passer rg3 just wants to run around like college

I want to date Katy Perry.

We can't all get what we want.

EJ will never be a passer. He doesn't have the God given accuracy, and he has the same struggles with mechanics that he did all the way through FSU.

better days
02-11-2015, 07:43 AM
I want to date Katy Perry.

We can't all get what we want.

EJ will never be a passer. He doesn't have the God given accuracy, and he has the same struggles with mechanics that he did all the way through FSU.

How do you know that? Answer: You don't.

NOBODY but the Coaches & players that were on the team last year saw EJ after week 4.

And the first two weeks of the season, EJ had a completion % of over 70%.

WagonCircler
02-11-2015, 07:46 AM

NOBODY but the Coaches & players that were on the team last year saw EJ after week 4.

He had a completion rate of 70% throwing Trent Edwards dump passes that got the Offense nowhere. And the coaches who saw him after week 4 last year decided that he wasn't good enough to unseat Kyle Orton. I'm not sure I could invent a more damning fact than that one.

DesertFox24
02-11-2015, 10:46 AM
He had a completion rate of 70% throwing Trent Edwards dump passes that got the Offense nowhere. And the coaches who saw him after week 4 last year decided that he wasn't good enough to unseat Kyle Orton. I'm not sure I could invent a more damning fact than that one.
Look this thread is not arguing the merits of EJ manual. The point is EJ is better passer than RG3 and that should be the only factor anyone needs to read to say no thanks to RG3.

better days
02-11-2015, 11:13 AM

Go back & look at the film.

EJ had some downfield passes in those games which he completed.

He also scored by running the ball himself.

And NOBODY on that coaching staff got an OC job this year so I question their Coaching ability & judgement on players ability.

It was obvious that Orton was no better than EJ.

BleedinGreenNC
02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Please god let the Bills stay with EJ!!

better days
02-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Please god let the Bills stay with EJ!!

Unless they can find someone better, they will.

And they will still beat the Jets sorry asses, no matter who is at QB.

BleedinGreenNC
02-11-2015, 11:49 AM
Unless they can find someone better, they will.

And they will still beat the Jets sorry asses, no matter who is at QB.

And the Bills wont make the playoffs again, same old story.

Ed
02-11-2015, 11:58 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/u7WhguITaHjZrBlBkgPwCw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2014-11-21/1ac514d0-71cf-11e4-8433-931d6a4a1b98_rg3ONE112114.jpg

5 open WRs, RG3 doesn't complete a pass... instead runs around in the backfield for a few seconds then throws the ball away.
Wow, how do you get 7 defenders to cover no one? Is that Tampa or Atlanta?

better days
02-11-2015, 12:01 PM
And the Bills wont make the playoffs again, same old story.

Time will tell.

Rex says the Bills will have the #1 defense this year.

If he is right, I think the Bills make the playoffs even if EJ is the QB.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-11-2015, 12:19 PM

It's Tampa, and they basically sent all 5 wideouts into the spots the Tampa 2 is weakest at covering - the short areas underneath the first line of defense, and flag routes outside the safeties and over the CBs. The Tampa 2 has largely been figured out at this point, without extremely elite personnel its not beating many people.

WagonCircler
02-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Look this thread is not arguing the merits of EJ manual. The point is EJ is better passer than RG3 and that should be the only factor anyone needs to read to say no thanks to RG3.

Oh my GOD no he isn't. You're ****ing delusional.

And that's not to say that RGIII is a good passer, but he's WAYYYYYY better than EJ in every phase of the game.

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM

And that's not to say that RGIII is a good passer, but he's WAYYYYYY better than EJ in every phase of the game.
Totally wrong.

RG3 sucks so much, they benched him for their 3rd stringer.

EJ at least is beating out Jeff Tuel LOL.

Plus RG3 is fugly as hell, I think I crapped out something that resembled him this morning.

better days
02-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Totally wrong.

RG3 sucks so much, they benched him for their 3rd stringer.

EJ at least is beating out Jeff Tuel LOL.

Plus RG3 is fugly as hell, I think I crapped out something that resembled him this morning.

And when the Bills drafted EJ, they traded down & picked up an additional pick which they used to draft Kiko Alanso.

The Skins traded two first rnd picks & a second rnd pick to move up for RGIII.

BleedinGreenNC
02-11-2015, 03:17 PM
And when the Bills drafted EJ, they traded down & picked up an additional pick which they used to draft Kiko Alanso.

The Skins traded two first rnd picks & a second rnd pick to move up for RGIII.

What does that have to do with anything? RG3 is garbage, and so is EJ.

DesertFox24
02-11-2015, 03:35 PM

And that's not to say that RGIII is a good passer, but he's WAYYYYYY better than EJ in every phase of the game. RG3 was better in college but he is worse than EJ when it comes to pro passing principles. I am sorry but that is an irrevocable fact. RG3 has more talent and potential but at this point in both of their careers I would trust EJ more than RG3 to be able to competently run a pro offense and understand where to attack and throw the ball. Now the ball getting there and on time are two completely different topics, but RG3 could not even execute a 3 or 5 step drop and your can say he is better than EJ.

better days
02-11-2015, 03:37 PM
What does that have to do with anything? RG3 is garbage, and so is EJ.

The point is if EJ is a bust, it is not that big a deal. The Bills still got a first rnd talent player in that draft when they drafted Kiko.

The Skins on the other hand are out THREE first rnd picks & a second rnd pick for RGIII. If he is a bust, that is a HUGE price to pay.

swiper
02-11-2015, 03:52 PM
The point is if EJ is a bust, it is not that big a deal. The Bills still got a first rnd talent player in that draft when they drafted Kiko.

The Skins on the other hand are out THREE first rnd picks & a second rnd pick for RGIII. If he is a bust, that is a HUGE price to pay.

You are an absolute idiot.

Mr. Miyagi
02-11-2015, 03:56 PM
You are an absolute idiot.
Swiper no swiping!

DO NOT resort to personal attacks. There are quite a few posters whom I too have to exercise a ton of self control to not call them names. You can do it too.

BleedinGreenNC
02-11-2015, 04:00 PM

When a 1st round QB is a bust it is always a big deal.

swiper
02-11-2015, 04:03 PM

When the GM that drafted him was fired?

better days
02-11-2015, 04:10 PM

I TOTALLY disagree.

A HIGH first rnd pick is a much bigger bust than a mid to late first rnd pick.

And a QB that cost THREE first rnd picks, one of which was the second pick in the draft as well as a second rnd pick is a MUCH BIGGER bust.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Yeah, there are degree of busts.

EJ? Meh...the Bills took a flyer on him and it hasn't panned out. If they decide to cut bait and run, it's not a really big deal. Mid firsts bust all the time.

OTOH, the Skins mortgaged their future on RG3 and it blew up in their racist faces.

BleedinGreenNC
02-11-2015, 07:03 PM
When the GM that drafted him was fired?

Yup, thats whey Geno and EJ will both be out of the league soon.

better days
02-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Yup, thats whey Geno and EJ will both be out of the league soon.

EJ may never be a starter, but I would not be surprised to see him last in the NFL for many more years.

He has a good work ethic & is a good guy in the locker room.

Ingtar33
02-11-2015, 10:30 PM

when i see something like that the only explanation i have for how the qb threw the ball to exactly no-one, is because he was watching the pass rush at this point in time. look at the picture again. no one within 5 yards of him, rg3 is dancing around behind the line of scrimmage watching a passrush NOT get to him, and not looking at all at the 5 wrs in the pattern getting open.

If i was forced to start a QB who was regularly doing this stuff i'm not sure what i'd do other then run the wishbone. because at that point, you have a qb completely incapable of executing your offense as drawn up.

Can you imagine the coaches film review of that game? Ugh, if i was little gruden i think i'd start praying snyder fires me rather then be forced to start a rg3

Skooby
02-12-2015, 03:32 AM
The point is if EJ is a bust,.

If he's a bust ?? Did you watch the last preseason / his 4 games ?? Toddlers on Madden get harder game plans & at least somewhat perform.

better days
02-12-2015, 08:13 AM
If he's a bust ?? Did you watch the last preseason / his 4 games ?? Toddlers on Madden get harder game plans & at least somewhat perform.

EJ has only played 14 games so far, 4 games last year.

He was 2-2 last year, not 0-4.

And it is obvious he had terrible Coaching.

I want to see what he does when he gets good coaching.

BleedinGreenNC
02-12-2015, 11:22 AM
EJ has only played 14 games so far, 4 games last year.

He was 2-2 last year, not 0-4.

And it is obvious he had terrible Coaching.

I want to see what he does when he gets good coaching.

Good coaching? You do remember the Bills hired Rex right?

better days
02-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Good coaching? You do remember the Bills hired Rex right?

You do realize Rex hired Roman to Coach the offense right?

And Rex is a GREAT Defensive Coach.

I am very happy with this Bills Coaching staff, the absolute best we have had in years.

swiper
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
Kiss of death right there

better days
02-12-2015, 12:08 PM
Kiss of death right there

LMAO.

Was it the kiss of death for Russell Wilson when I said I wanted the Bills to draft him?

Was it the Kiss of death for Lynch when I said it was STUPID of the Bills to trade him?

Was it the kiss of death for Schwartz when I said I was HAPPY with the Schwartz hire & that the Bills would have a GOOD Defense under him?

BleedinGreenNC
02-12-2015, 01:05 PM
You do realize Rex hired Roman to Coach the offense right?

And Rex is a GREAT Defensive Coach.

I am very happy with this Bills Coaching staff, the absolute best we have had in years.

Yes, a great defensive coach, not a good head coach.

BleedinGreenNC
02-12-2015, 01:06 PM
LMAO.

Was it the kiss of death for Russell Wilson when I said I wanted the Bills to draft him?

Was it the Kiss of death for Lynch when I said it was STUPID of the Bills to trade him?

Was it the kiss of death for Schwartz when I said I was HAPPY with the Schwartz hire & that the Bills would have a GOOD Defense under him?

It was the kiss of death for the Bills, dont have Wilson or Lynch. And Schwartz is gone.

swiper
02-12-2015, 01:14 PM
LMAO.

You're nothing more than a blathering idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

It was the kiss of death for the Bills, dont have Wilson or Lynch. And Schwartz is gone.

It seems nips has his number.

DesertFox24
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
This thread is about QB rumors, meaning QBs not on this team. I had mentioned that I would rather have EJ over RG3, since RG3 showed he could not function out of a pro style offense last season. That being said RG3 is still way more talented than EJ, but I would feel safer with EJ over RG3 at this point. Now I definitely want some legit competition brought in and hopefully it happens.

better days
02-12-2015, 02:36 PM

It was the kiss of death for the Bills because they did not do what I wanted in the case of Wilson or Lynch.

As for Schwartz, he is a very good DC, but Rex is BETTER.

EDS
02-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Swiper no swiping!

DO NOT resort to personal attacks. There are quite a few posters whom I too have to exercise a ton of self control to not call them names. You can do it too.

Let's get Dora to handle this.

BleedinGreenNC
02-12-2015, 02:51 PM
It was the kiss of death for the Bills because they did not do what I wanted in the case of Wilson or Lynch.

As for Schwartz, he is a very good DC, but Rex is BETTER.

Infatuation is a crazy thing. If Rex was so much better than Schwartz, then why did Schwartz have the better defense last season?

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Infatuation is a crazy thing. If Rex was so much better than Schwartz, then why did Schwartz have the better defense last season?

Better Players?

better days
02-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Ans: MUCH BETTER players on the Bills than Rex had on the Jets.

Wait & see the defense Rex has this year.

swiper
02-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Blah. Blah. Blah.

No one cares about the defense the Jets had last year. We care about the defense the BILLS had last year.

And we'll see if Rex can stop a backslide from the Schwartz defense that ranked #4 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense) in the league.

That's a high bar that Ryan's not likely to beat next season.

So, again, no one cares about your lame, ******ed predictions that you save like a little girl so that you can come back next year and try and tell everyone "I told you so."

I predict the sun will rise tomorrow. See. Anyone can do it. Child.

better days
02-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Rex said #4 was disappointing considering the talent on the Bills & he expects the Bills defense to be #1 next year.

Lofty goal, we will see if the Bills reach it.

notacon
02-13-2015, 09:43 AM
I think all this talk about RGIII & Kaepernick is silly. Neither one of those QB's are going anywhere in 2015.

Why? Put yourself in the shoes of each respective team. Look at who they have remaining on their roster, and then ask yourself, 'why in the world would I get rid of this (RGIII or Kaepernick) considering what I have left'

For Washington it's Kirk Cousins and Colt McCoy. Two guys that are marginal QB's at best. For San Fran is Blaine Gabbert and Josh Johnson. Gabbert was widely panned as a total bust and Johnson is no where.

With the two best draft prospects assuredly going #1 & #2, this year's draft is not going to be the answer for anyone except Tampa and Tennessee.

San Fran & Washington would go into the same market for QB's that the Bills are in. They would be incredibly stupid to move RGIII & Kaepernick without some semblance of an answer at QB.

There are no good answers for teams looking for QB's in 2015 except Tampa and Tenn. All this rumor stuff is just hot air.

The Bills are ****ed when it comes to QB. Whaley made sure of that with three (his incredibly STUPID trade last year ****ed up this year's draft but good) TERRIBLE drafts in a row. Why in the world this guy is still in charge of anything is beyond me. Pegula has failed his first test as owner and we are going to suffer while he learns how to be a NFL owner. Right now, he hasn't a clue.

stuckincincy
02-13-2015, 10:25 AM
FWIW, I'd guess that CIN won't offer QB Jason Campbell a new contract. He played a few snaps in mop-up/desperation duty for CIN this past season, so I don't offer an opinion on him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/407793/jason-campbell

SquishDaFish
02-13-2015, 11:06 AM

Thats pretty ****ing obvious...... BETTER PLAYERS and Jets SUCK???!!!

SquishDaFish
02-13-2015, 11:09 AM
Yes, a great defensive coach, not a good head coach.

Hes a damn good Head Coach. Prob in Jets land is a ****TY owner with ****TY Front office.

The last buffalo fan
02-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Swiper no swiping!

And I love you too, Compadre!

swiper
02-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Hes a damn good Head Coach. Prob in Jets land is a ****TY owner with ****TY Front office.

Again. He's not. He's a good DC. And that's all. Every single week for 6 years he absolutely REFUSED to have anything to do with his offense. Bill Belichick is a damn good head coach. Tom Landry. Chuck Knoll. Bill Walsh. Those were damn good head coaches. Rex Ryan has NEVER shown he was a well-rounded head coach. Never. His talents begin and end at the defense.