PDA

View Full Version : Fran Tarkenton Says Jay Cutler Is Basically Garbage

BillsImpossible
02-05-2015, 07:48 PM
One team's garbage can be another team's treasure.

Jerrry Hughes and Bills fans agree.

Did Fran get a little carried away with himself, or is he foretelling Jay Cutler's future?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jay-cutler-fran-tarkenton-20150204-story.html

"This is a guy that teases his coaches with his powerful arm and all that stuff, but the bottom line, he's not a player," Tarkenton said. "And Chicago's gonna die keeping on hoping that Jay Cutler's gonna be that player.
"He's not going to be any different than what he's been. But there's such a scarcity of quarterbacks that people get a guy and just hope against hope because he's got one thing: a big, powerful arm. A big, powerful arm is not essential."
"That quarterback who's elite ... you've got to look at his intangibles," Tarkenton said. "Can he, at that moment, make plays when you need him to make plays, be the leader in the clubhouse, be the leader on the field, and the moment's not too big for him? Jay Cutler fails in all those."
Ouch. Don't tell 'em how you really feel, Franny.

Is Tark right, or was Jay Cutler the victim of Marc Trestman's offense?

How could anyone not trust Marc Trestman?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marc+Trestman+Chicago+Bears+Introduce+Marc+sY92KiQhz1Fl.jpg

Mace
02-05-2015, 08:23 PM
Tarkenton is 75, I'd take a flyer on him in camp.

better days
02-06-2015, 06:15 AM

Well, I would take Daryle Lamonica over Tarkington.

Lamonica is not only a better QB than Tarkenton, but at 73 is also younger.

Night Train
02-06-2015, 06:37 AM
I agree with Fran.

BidsJr
02-06-2015, 06:51 AM
Fran is right. Cutler is a disaster.

OpIv37
02-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Hughes is the exception to the rule. 99% of the time, one team's garbage is another team's garbage.

Bill Cody
02-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Fran is just saying what smart people with eyeballs are thinking

OpIv37
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM

Jerrry Hughes and Bills fans agree.

Btw this is selective memory. You seem to have forgotten the other half of that trade: Kelvin Sheppard. Our trash became Indy's trash.

Even your own example works against your point.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 11:57 AM
In other news water is wet.

trapezeus
02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
what i find interesting is that a lot of these articles pile on to cutler to dare him to be good. to dare the authors to eat crow. and you just know that he'll sulk before he decides to fight it.

honestly, he's been through this for a while and the boo birds are out in force. if he is struggling as much as he has this year in the next, i wouldnt' be surprised if he retired.

stuckincincy
02-06-2015, 12:37 PM

Tarkenton:

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/sep/29/business/fi-15207

He's had over 20 companies, according to his bio on this site:

http://tarkenton.com/

Not sure I'd give credence to his utterances. YMMV. :handball:

Generalissimus Gibby
02-06-2015, 01:14 PM

If he ain't available how bout Joe Kapp? Russ Brandon could even market it as the new Kapp led Bills as the Kapp Gunn Offense.

Mace
02-06-2015, 04:47 PM
If he ain't available how bout Joe Kapp? Russ Brandon could even market it as the new Kapp led Bills as the Kapp Gunn Offense.

Kapp is 76, I'd take a flyer on him in camp.

justasportsfan
02-06-2015, 05:20 PM
I agree. There's Cutler and there's football players like FJax and Kyle Williams.

swiper
02-07-2015, 05:15 AM
Well, I would take Daryle Lamonica over Tarkington.

Lamonica is not only a better QB than Tarkenton, but at 73 is also younger.

LOL. What an idiot. Tarkington (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=209) was a HOF QB. EVERYONE agrees. One of the best of all time. Lamonica? I liked him too (when he was a Raider - he SUCKED as a Bill), but I understand what he is. As someone else pointed out, he missed more than he completed. He had a couple of good years with the Raiders. But the lasting memory of Lamonica were ALL the passes he missed. Which were a lot. He threw a lot for a QB of that time, so it's not surprising he had all those TDs that year or two given his penchant for throwing long. But betterdays claimed he was accurate. He was anything but. Remember I actually saw him play. He just rewatched those film clips of all his completions. He threw a ton of INTs. In fact, more than anyone.

swiper
02-07-2015, 05:18 AM
Kapp is 76, I'd take a flyer on him in camp.

Your stretching now mister. :D

IlluminatusUIUC
02-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Tarkenton has been putting players on blast all season. I have no idea why people suddenly started interviewing him again, but he's been serving up the hot takes.

Ginger Vitis
02-07-2015, 11:15 AM
The top 10 lists that the NFL Network does Tarkenton comes off as a bitter old man when he gives comments on the lists.. He freaked out and spazzed out when Lamonica made the "Top 10 Gunslingers of all time" and he didn't.. Tarkenton i guess doesn't comprehend things very well It was a top 10 list on gunslingers not the top 10 QBS of all time.. And Lamonica absolutely deserved a spot on the top 10 gunslingers of all time he wasn't called"The Mad Bomber" for nothing

OLDSRIP
02-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Fran has always said what he was thinking.
I agree with him on this subject.

DynaPaul
02-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Cutler = Jeff George