PDA

View Full Version : evander kane saga

JATMtheJATM
02-05-2015, 09:40 PM
Looks like evander Kane has worn out his welcome in Winnipeg. Also possible they trade him for cheap. Would you take him?
http://deadspin.com/report-dustin-byfuglien-threw-evander-kanes-tracksuit-1684045906?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

gebobs
02-06-2015, 07:05 AM
I there has even been a guy in need of a fresh start, it's him.

Sure, why not?

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 07:21 AM
I don't think it will be that cheap. Cheaper than before the incident but 23 year old former 30 goal scorers don't grow on trees. Regardless of his recent performance.

casdhf
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM
We have a few guys that could need fresh starts. Is Meyers worth more? I think so. Meyers and the Blues 1st for Kane, their first, and a prospect?

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 09:18 AM
We have a few guys that could need fresh starts. Is Meyers worth more? I think so. Meyers and the Blues 1st for Kane, their first, and a prospect?

Winnipeg is pretty set on D. They need help up front. Stewart and a pick might do it.

The King
02-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Effort has been an issue with Kane hard to think that could be corrected on a team that's tanking.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Effort has been an issue with Kane hard to think that could be corrected on a team that's tanking.

Hes also injured and could be out the remainder of the year. Needs surgury. Trade for him, have him get his surgury, he comes back next year with a better roster. Problem solved.

Blues first and Stewart could get it done. Winnipeg is trying to get younger as well but also in the hunt. Might be a little shallow though, trade wise.

mightysimi
02-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Hes also injured and could be out the remainder of the year. Needs surgury. Trade for him, have him get his surgury, he comes back next year with a better roster. Problem solved.

Blues first and Stewart could get it done. Winnipeg is trying to get younger as well but also in the hunt. Might be a little shallow though, trade wise.

Get younger? Who on the team is over 30? Enstrom, Stuart and Thorburn who believe they are 31. That's it. I think they are looking for an asset that can be used this year. Now that he is hurt, all bets are off.

SpikedLemonade
02-06-2015, 12:34 PM

You missed an opportunity to correct the poster.

The Sabres are not tanking.

They are innocent victims of having a poor team that they could not have done anything to improve last year or this year.

They are One with the City of Buffalo and its history.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 12:49 PM
You missed an opportunity to correct the poster.

The Sabres are not tanking.

They are innocent victims of having a poor team that they could not have done anything to improve last year or this year.

They are One with the City of Buffalo and its history.

You missed the opportunity to use logic and reasoning. No one is surprised.

SpikedLemonade
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM
You missed the opportunity to use logic and reasoning. No one is surprised.

Now you have me confused.

Is the lie Sabre fans are trying to convince themselves of that the Sabres are not intentionally tanking by design or something else?

Remember no rules are being broken. There is no rule that a team must try to win last year, this year or even next year.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 02:00 PM

Is the lie Sabre fans are trying to convince themselves of that the Sabres are not intentionally tanking by design or something else?

Remember no rules are being broken. There is no rule that a team must try to win last year, this year or even next year.
Of course no rule is being broken. The Sabres are simply rebuilding in a way that many have done before them. A simple point you seem to ignore.

chernobylwraiths
02-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Let us try one more time.

The Sabres lack talent. There are three ways to get talent, trade for it, sign free agents and draft talent. Now, it is very difficult to get older talent to sign with a bad team. Even trading for talent can be difficult because top end talent cost a lot in terms of potential talent and current talent and draft picks. So, there are many ways to get talent, but they all have their drawbacks. On top of this, when you lose your own talent as the Sabres had for years in free agency, it is virtually impossible to replace. And if you know you are going to lose your own talent, the ONLY recourse you have it to trade it away for some asset that you can use.

Now, you begrudge the Sabres trading away talent that wasn't helping them win in the now (last two years) in order to get assets to help them in the future (draft picks and minor leaguers). These things traded for were in no way going to help in the immediate future for the organization, or at least had very little chance to help right away. Hence, the Sabres had to get worse to get better.

Some people believe that you should try to make the roster the best you can possibly make it every chance you get. How is that to be achieved by a bad team that has no chance of signing top end free agent talent? It HAS to be through trades (which the Sabres aren't going to trade away high picks they they painstakingly aquired for nothing) or through the draft, which is what they are doing.

As Opiv said, doing your best to try to achieve the 8th playoff spot does nothing for the organization except keep it mediocre. The previous regime had done that for years, but there was no more elite goalie to keep them competative.

I don't like to lose, but in doing so, they are giving themselves a good chance to make themselves so much better for the near future. And not just with McDavid/Eichel. If they have a chance to add this young talented player and don't see him as a major disctraction going forward, a young 30 goal scorer would help this team greatly in the future and they should try to get him.

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Let us try one more time.

The Sabres lack talent. There are three ways to get talent, trade for it, sign free agents and draft talent. Now, it is very difficult to get older talent to sign with a bad team. Even trading for talent can be difficult because top end talent cost a lot in terms of potential talent and current talent and draft picks. So, there are many ways to get talent, but they all have their drawbacks. On top of this, when you lose your own talent as the Sabres had for years in free agency, it is virtually impossible to replace. And if you know you are going to lose your own talent, the ONLY recourse you have it to trade it away for some asset that you can use.

Now, you begrudge the Sabres trading away talent that wasn't helping them win in the now (last two years) in order to get assets to help them in the future (draft picks and minor leaguers). These things traded for were in no way going to help in the immediate future for the organization, or at least had very little chance to help right away. Hence, the Sabres had to get worse to get better.

Some people believe that you should try to make the roster the best you can possibly make it every chance you get. How is that to be achieved by a bad team that has no chance of signing top end free agent talent? It HAS to be through trades (which the Sabres aren't going to trade away high picks they they painstakingly aquired for nothing) or through the draft, which is what they are doing.

As Opiv said, doing your best to try to achieve the 8th playoff spot does nothing for the organization except keep it mediocre. The previous regime had done that for years, but there was no more elite goalie to keep them competative.

I don't like to lose, but in doing so, they are giving themselves a good chance to make themselves so much better for the near future. And not just with McDavid/Eichel. If they have a chance to add this young talented player and don't see him as a major disctraction going forward, a young 30 goal scorer would help this team greatly in the future and they should try to get him.

Not only that, but the draft is but one stage of a rebuild. You rebuild through the draft, get a base, and make trades. Sprinkle in free agents to round out the team. It's a painstaking process and the Sabres are getting to stage two soon, once this draft is complete, in my opinion.

DraftBoy
02-06-2015, 04:34 PM
Kane will undergo season ending surgery.

SpikedLemonade
02-06-2015, 04:50 PM
The Sabres are simply rebuilding in a way that many have done before them.

Keep telling yourself that lie.

The final season(s) record will show that no team has tanked to the extent that the Sabres have purposely done so.

The Sabres have brought it to all new disgraceful level such that lottery rules were changed and will continue to be changed to prevent it from happening again.

Congratulations on making history.

SpikedLemonade
02-06-2015, 05:09 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/30jlfl1.jpg

JATMtheJATM
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Keep telling yourself that lie.

The final season(s) record will show that no team has tanked to the extent that the Sabres have purposely done so.

The Sabres have brought it to all new disgraceful level such that lottery rules were changed and will continue to be changed to prevent it from happening again.

Congratulations on making history.

A bad season is a bad season. I'm not worried about it. Everyone expected a long season. Keep crying about it.

gebobs
02-07-2015, 07:18 AM

Wrong.

don137
02-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Why do people keep feeding Spiked Lemonade? He is the dumbest poster that cant see the forest between the trees or just trying to get a rise out of people and not worth our time.

gebobs
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Why do people keep feeding Spiked Lemonade? He is the dumbest poster that cant see the forest between the trees or just trying to get a rise out of people and not worth our time.
Yep...troll. You're right. Sorry, I have no one to blame but myself.

chernobylwraiths
02-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I believe I have seen him reasonable in other forums, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a fan of Boston though, so there is a bit of an ax to grind.

whatever, I have seen a lot worse

OpIv37
02-09-2015, 10:33 AM
I believe I have seen him reasonable in other forums, so I give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a fan of Boston though, so there is a bit of an ax to grind.

whatever, I have seen a lot worse

Still, as a Bruins fan, the Sabres' tanking would help his team. It's one less team to compete for the div or for playoff spots. Plus, it presumably gives them easy wins, and they play the Sabres 5x whereas metrosexual div teams only play them 3x, so that could help with playoff positioning.

He's quite bitter and obsessive over something that's actually beneficial to his team.

JATMtheJATM
02-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Apparently, the peg isn't going to give him up cheap like past reports.

Pass on that

Ginger Vitis
02-11-2015, 09:26 AM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/11/evander-kane-to-buffalo-trade-talks-are-reportedly-heating-up/

Chris Stewart..Joel Armia and The Isles 2015 1st round pick. Or Tyler Myers and the Isles 2015 1st rounder

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 09:30 AM
now im hearing bogosian with kane for, wait for this: stafford, myers, armia, 1st, lemeuix.

dont like that deal at all. too steep, IMO.

mightysimi
02-11-2015, 09:33 AM
now im hearing bogosian with kane for, wait for this: stafford, myers, armia, 1st, lemeuix.

For Winnipeg I would do that in a second. Bogosian is always hurt.

Ginger Vitis
02-11-2015, 09:36 AM

I dont like giving up Lemeuix..Would tell the jets to forget about lemeuix and id give them stewart instead of Stafford

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 09:40 AM
I dont like giving up Lemeuix..Would tell the jets to forget about lemeuix and id give them stewart instead of Stafford

i like stafford going instead of stewart. the way stewart is playing right now, his value is shooting up. so having him go in a different deal can land the sabres more, IMO.

Dude
02-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Done deal.

To BUF: Kane, Bogosian, Jason Kasdorf (unsigned goalie prospect)
to PEG: Myers, Stafford, Lemieux, Armia, Isles 1st.

Wow.

http://www.tsn.ca/kane-bogosian-dealt-to-sabres-in-eight-player-blockbuster-deal-1.205003

Dr. Who
02-11-2015, 10:11 AM
Done deal.

To BUF: Kane, Bogosian, Jason Kasdorf (unsigned goalie prospect)
to PEG: Myers, Stafford, Lemieux, Armia, Isles 1st.

Wow.

http://www.tsn.ca/kane-bogosian-dealt-to-sabres-in-eight-player-blockbuster-deal-1.205003

Wow is right. I am feeling kinda stunned.
My initial gut feeling is we paid too much.
Kane is a beast if his attitude is right, though.
Kane, Reinhart, Girgensons, and McEichel is a nice core to rebuild with.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Damn...hate losing Lemieux and Kane's injury.

Too much I think. Basically four 1sts rounders (Myers, Armia, Lemieux, Isles pick) for two (Bogosian and Kane) though admittedly their two have proven worth.

coastal
02-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Murray got fleeced

coastal
02-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Teams must have been offering pretty much nothing for Myers

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 10:19 AM
Way too much. Way too much.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Murray got fleeced

i feel he gave up too much, to be certain.

but i just thought of it this way as well. kane has one of the highest goals per 60 minutes stats in the NHL, right up there with some mega stars like malkin.

you throw kane on a line with eichel or mcdavid next year, you have some SERIOUS scoring punch, right off the bat, to help the young kid learn. this deal, starting next year, is the new look sabres team murray was talking about when he said he plans to plug in some kids next year and let them play. i suspect next year will be alot different, and alot more fun.

but you know me, im the optimist.

mightysimi
02-11-2015, 10:29 AM
bogosian was a high pick as well and still fairly young. If he can stay healthy he is an easy top 4 guy maybe top 2.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 10:29 AM
i feel he gave up too much, to be certain.

but i just thought of it this way as well. kane has one of the highest goals per 60 minutes stats in the NHL, right up there with some mega stars like malkin.

you throw kane on a line with eichel or mcdavid next year, you have some SERIOUS scoring punch, right off the bat, to help the young kid learn. this deal, starting next year, is the new look sabres team murray was talking about when he said he plans to plug in some kids next year and let them play. i suspect next year will be alot different, and alot more fun.

but you know me, im the optimist.

That's because you're young.

Wait until you get older and it's beat out of you.

coastal
02-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Digesting further...

Myers for Bogosian straight up.

stafford for a goalie prospect.

e Kane for a late first and two prospects.

looking at it this way... it's not a bad deal.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Seems to be a lot, and more than I expected to give up, but:
Stafford will likely be gone after this year and certainly would have been gone from Buffalo's roster (unless he loves it here and we could resign him :) )
Armia, while has promise, IS an AHL player this year and has had trouble staying healthy.
Lemieux is a SECOND rounder, as much as people like to say that he is pretty much a first rounder. To be honest, I was most sad to see him go, but he is still a very unproven commodity.
And our worst first, so we still have two. Remember, you can only sign and play so many high picks and they don't all pan out. I just hope the ones he picks do.

We get a gritty player who has good scoring ability in Kane. (though, him being hurt raises concerns)
We get a gritty defenseman who is supposed to be good defensively and has some offensive ability (though he has even more injury concerns)

So, we got 2 proven NHL players (barring injury) for the forseeable future for one proven NHL player (who has has some of his own injury concerns) and a rental plus three prospects.

Now, what I want to know is, how good of a prospect is the goalie?

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:41 AM
its disappointing because i really like armias game. i feel he was growing quickly. and i felt myers was certainly coming around nicely.

im very glad to hear they checked with kane and he is completely fine coming to buffalo

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Gritty is over rated

I'm so sick of hearing "gritty". The Buffalo attitude that all players need to be blue collar and rough and tough is counter productive after awhile.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:44 AM
the goalie prospect is a long shot, at best. not really a long term solution.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:45 AM

could be, i dont believe that for a minute. i suspect this deal came together and it made sense to murray.

GreedoII
02-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Not a bad deal at all. losing Lemieux hurts because I liked his future, but Armia has been flailing around in the minors for 5 years and is now just starting to get better....Stafford a stiff....Myers a bigger stiff...late 1st round... who cares already have 2 more.
Trimming the fat is how I see it. Good job.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Gritty is over rated

I'm so sick of hearing "gritty". The Buffalo attitude that all players need to be blue collar and rough and tough is counter productive after awhile.

maybe a little

but gritty with talent is not found much these days. How many times did you hear that Myers needed to hit people more often? How much do you hear that the Sabres just chase the other team all night?

Look at the teams who have been winning lately: Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, even St. Louis. These teams a loaded with talent AND players who "do what it takes". I know the Sabres need elite talent, but they also need guys who will lay it out on the line when it's crunch time. (enough trite expressions?) The Sabres need more of those kinds with talent than just guys like Kaleta and Deloreay (no idea how to spell it).

gebobs
02-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Myers for Bogosian straight up.

Gotta admit I haven't followed Bogosian's career since the Thrashers left town. They're about the same age. Both bust into the league on fire offensively and have since cooled off. Myers has struggled defensively but Bogosian has seemingly settled down. The big difference is that Bogosian seemingly can't stay healthy. I don't know why but he averaged only 50 games the last three seasons.

Advantage Jets.

stafford for a goalie prospect.

Depending on the prospect, advantage to edge Jets.

Kane for a late first and two prospects.
An injured player for two 1sts and an early 2nd.

Advantage Jets.

Overall...Murray gave up too much. And if tanking was the goal, he muffed that too giving away the Isles pick.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Not a bad deal at all. losing Lemieux hurts because I liked his future, but Armia has been flailing around in the minors for 5 years and is now just starting to get better....Stafford a stiff....Myers a bigger stiff...late 1st round... who cares already have 2 more.

Armia has only been the minors for this year and last. From what I remember, he stayed in Finland for a few years after being drafted.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 10:54 AM
On tanking, this is for spiked

"Murray must have panicked with that move. He traded away Myers who has started playing better and scored last night plus a roster player for only one current roster player. He must want to lose real bad. And Myers is sent away for almost screwing up a loss."

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:55 AM
Armia has only been the minors for this year and last. From what I remember, he stayed in Finland for a few years after being drafted.

correct. last year was his first NA pro season. hes 21.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Armia was not in the minors for 5 years.

And Myers is hardly a stiff. That's just silly.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 11:01 AM
maybe a little

but gritty with talent is not found much these days. How many times did you hear that Myers needed to hit people more often? How much do you hear that the Sabres just chase the other team all night?

Look at the teams who have been winning lately: Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, even St. Louis. These teams a loaded with talent AND players who "do what it takes". I know the Sabres need elite talent, but they also need guys who will lay it out on the line when it's crunch time. (enough trite expressions?) The Sabres need more of those kinds with talent than just guys like Kaleta and Deloreay (no idea how to spell it).

And Myers has been hitting more lately.

How many hits does Patrick Kane have? Even Toews? Crosby? Malkin?
They chase the other team because their players suck.

There are spots on teams for guys like Pominville, Myers, Ennis, Moulson, etc. who use their skill more than their physicality. Just as teams need physical players.

Not everybody needs to be gritty

OpIv37
02-11-2015, 11:02 AM
I could go either way on Myers. He never became the player we thought he would after his rookie season, although he has been better lately.

Stafford is trash. He is the last lingering piece of Darcy's failed experiment and he was gone after the season anyway. Getting a bag of used pucks for him would have been a win.

Player for player the Sabres win on this in the short term. If Armia and the 1st pan out, they may lose in the long term.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 11:05 AM
the goalie prospect is a long shot, at best. not really a long term solution.

A longshot for sure. Native son pick by the Jets, but he's close by at Rensselaer, my alma mater. He played well two seasons ago, was injured last year, and has won the starting role back, but RPI hasn't been doing all that well. Though they're just 9-20-1, they are still ranked 44th...not completely terrible but they won't go to the tourney.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Kasdorf's RPI stats look pretty good. Hopefully better than the last we got from there.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 11:07 AM
A longshot for sure. Native son pick by the Jets, but he's close by at Rensselaer, my alma mater. He played well two seasons ago, was injured last year, and has won the starting role back, but RPI hasn't been doing all that well. Though they're just 9-20-1, they are still ranked 44th...not completely terrible but they won't go to the tourney.

ah, must have seen the old stats. He's big though, TM likes big goalies!

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 11:12 AM
And Myers has been hitting more lately.

How many hits does Patrick Kane have? Even Toews? Crosby? Malkin?
They chase the other team because their players suck.

There are spots on teams for guys like Pominville, Myers, Ennis, Moulson, etc. who use their skill more than their physicality. Just as teams need physical players.

Not everybody needs to be gritty

Never said everybody, but you need SOME talent that has grit. And I'm pretty sure Toews has some grit. Hell Danny Briere has grit. You just can't have all skill guys with no ability or want to go into a corner and get the puck.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Kasdorf's RPI stats look pretty good. Hopefully better than the last we got from there.

Who? Puppa? Well, if he's better than Puppa, it will be highway robbery. The chances of that are infinitesimal. Puppa was awesome. And a smart feller too. While most of the puckheads were taking Clay For An A, Puppa was majoring in aeronautical engineering.

ah, must have seen the old stats. He's big though, TM likes big goalies!

Two years ago he played out of his skull. RPI won 10 of its last 12 games before losing to Brown in the ECACs. Finished ranked about 20th, one of the best seasons since winning it all my senior year in '85 with Oates and Puppa.

Dude
02-11-2015, 11:52 AM
I agree with coastal. Overall this is a good deal. It seems like GMTM gave up a lot, but Lemieux/Armia are, as of yet, unproven at the NHL level. GMTM has been stockpiling picks and prospects to start rebuilding the club and to not make moves to that end because you don't want to part with unproven prospects is a terrible strategy.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Doh!!

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
I agree with coastal. Overall this is a good deal. It seems like GMTM gave up a lot, but Lemieux/Armia are, as of yet, unproven at the NHL level. GMTM has been stockpiling picks and prospects to start rebuilding the club and to not make moves to that end because you don't want to part with unproven prospects is a terrible strategy.

BINGO!!!!

GreedoII
02-11-2015, 12:06 PM
Gotta admit I haven't followed Bogosian's career since the Thrashers left town. They're about the same age. Both bust into the league on fire offensively and have since cooled off. Myers has struggled defensively but Bogosian has seemingly settled down. The big difference is that Bogosian seemingly can't stay healthy. I don't know why but he averaged only 50 games the last three seasons.

Advantage Jets.

Depending on the prospect, advantage to edge Jets.

An injured player for two 1sts and an early 2nd.

Advantage Jets.

Overall...Murray gave up too much. And if tanking was the goal, he muffed that too giving away the Isles pick.

Sorry man Myers has been dreadful and so has Stafford who is 29 and hasn't done crap in 5 yrs...a waste of space and salary. That 1st rounder is a who cares for me since they have 2 already and it's at the bottome of the draft. Trimming the fat and salary and building for the future. I hate losing Lemieux but he's not even signed and he;s an unknown so the risk is worth it. Great trade. next year is going to be fun. The cry babies are out

Myers is absolute garbage. He's 6'8 and plays like he's 5'8 170. He's terrible. Stop with this turd already. Armia still hasn't done squat. Stop crying. They got an elite player and need to complete the tank. A bag of pucks would have been worth getting rid of the trash with Stafford and Myers. More Darcy failures out the door...buh bye...

Night Train
02-11-2015, 12:07 PM
This is the ultimate "fresh start" trade.

I never got the whole Myers love and Stafford will someday make the Floater Hall Of Fame. Fools gold of the highest order. Jets need the prospects to show something.

Meanwhile Kane and Bogosian start next season with a better lineup. Good trade by Murray.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 12:13 PM

"But he's tall just like Chara."

Just like Chara if Myers had a shot like Chara, heart like Chara, toughness like Chara, leadership like Chara and a penis rather than a vagina.

Sabres did well to get rid of him.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 12:23 PM
On tanking, this is for spiked

"Murray must have panicked with that move. He traded away Myers who has started playing better and scored last night plus a roster player for only one current roster player. He must want to lose real bad. And Myers is sent away for almost screwing up a loss."

Hey, what can I say?

We're among friends here so I don't know why we have to continue with the "the Sabres are not tanking" lie.

Murray should have guaranteed last place with this trade.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 12:28 PM
They got an elite player and need to complete the tank.

Refreshing honesty.

coastal
02-11-2015, 12:37 PM
And once Stewart is moved... the tank is done.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Sorry man Myers has been dreadful
Bogosian hasn't exactly lived up to his draft status either. And he's missed 90 games over the last three season.

Stafford sucks and UFA but Kasdorf is a longshot to even make the league. Dead weight gone, but hey at least we have a decent backup ready to come up in an emergency instead of dressing the trainer.

That leaves Kane for Lemieux, Armia, and a late 1st. Kane's career is in crisis right now. He was seemingly run out by his teammates. Production has trailed off the last few years. Maybe a change of venue will help. He doesn't have #4 overall value where he was drafted any more. More like mid 1st. So you have one mid 1st vs. three unproven high picks. I dunno. Hope you're right.

GreedoII
02-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Bogosian hasn't exactly lived up to his draft status either. And he's missed 90 games over the last three season.

Stafford sucks and UFA but Kasdorf is a longshot to even make the league. Dead weight gone, but hey at least we have a decent backup ready to come up in an emergency instead of dressing the trainer.

That leaves Kane for Lemieux, Armia, and a late 1st. Kane's career is in crisis right now. He was seemingly run out by his teammates. Production has trailed off the last few years. Maybe a change of venue will help. He doesn't have #4 overall value where he was drafted any more. More like mid 1st. So you have one mid 1st vs. three unproven high picks. I dunno. Hope you're right.

I'm right. Murray knows what he's doing...enjoy the ride!

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 12:54 PM

it appears lemieux was added because he wasnt going to sign with buffalo anyways.

https://twitter.com/AJonSports/status/565574257066147842

maybe he was just as difficult as his old man.

i have no problem parting with prospects, so long as you arent straying from the course during a rebuild. if the sabres had traded armia for a 33 year old, i would big issues with that. but for kane, no real issues, though i really REALLY like what i see from armia. getting a player who is still extremely young is fine with me. murray may have overpaid, but getting a 23 year old who can score bunches is perfectly fine with me. bogosian for myers im a little disappointed with, considering myers was putting his game together nicely. the defense had returned and his offensive punch is returning. but bogosian has settled down himself in his own end, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 12:58 PM
I'm right. Murray knows what he's doing...enjoy the ride!

What exactly do you see in Kane? To me, he looks like a young Drew Stafford. 20+ goals once so far. 0.6 ppg so far in his career - about 50 points per year. Sound familiar? From what I recall from years ago in Atlanta, his two-way play was a weakness. Granted, he was only 18 and still only 23 now.

What do you see? I see a top 6 forward.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 01:01 PM
What exactly do you see in Kane? To me, he looks like a young Drew Stafford. 20+ goals once so far. 0.6 ppg so far in his career - about 50 points per year. From what i recall from years ago in Atlanta, his two-way play was a weakness. Granted, he was only 18 and still only 23 now.

What do you see? I see a top 6 forward.

http://thehockeywriters.com/evander-kanes-value-shouldnt-be-underestimated/

guy can bury the puck. put him with eichel/mcdavid, or hell, sam reinhart... you got yourself a dangerous combo.

elltrain22
02-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Like the move, but don't love the move. I really hate we had to give up Myers, but I can see why bc we have many good young defensive prospects, plus ZB was a good pickup with this trade. What I really love is getting Evander Kane. Very good young player, that plays both ways, and if we can draft Eichel or McDavid, with Reinhart, Ennis, Grigs, and others, we are set up to be a playoff contender next year.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm not even a Sabres fan and this is a great trade for them.

Give up a defenseman who shows up once every 5 games or so and needs to take 4 games off to pat himself on the back for playing well. Give up a forward who's run his course on their roster. 1 prospect who's been a prospect for what 5 years now? And another prospect who was a 2nd round pick but has a good hockey last name + a late first round pick...

FOR

A guy who basically is even with Myers...change of scenery for both could do wonders. And a viable scorer when he actually has linemates that are worth a damn.

People say Bogosian has injury risks....In 5 1/2 seasons Myers has played 365 games, in 6 1/2 seasons Bogosian has played 393 games. 66 games a year vs 60 games a year.

And who cares about this goalie prospect, he may never even sign with the team.

coastal
02-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Put Reinhart between Kane and Eichel.

legit first line with Girgs centering line 2.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Like the move, but don't love the move. I really hate we had to give up Myers, but I can see why bc we have many good young defensive prospects, plus ZB was a good pickup with this trade. What I really love is getting Evander Kane. Very good young player, that plays both ways, and if we can draft Eichel or McDavid, with Reinhart, Ennis, Grigs, and others, we are set up to be a playoff contender next year.

this move certainly signals the end of horrible seasons, at least on paper. it shows that murray is planning everything around this draft, then its pedal to the floor. im fine with it. but yeah, seeing myers really rebounding and then traded is kinda a downer.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Put Reinhart between Kane and Eichel.

legit first line with Girgs centering line 2.

im already doing line combos in my head. didnt we like the idea of grigo on the right side?

gebobs
02-11-2015, 01:12 PM
guy can bury the puck.

You could say the same thing about Stafford after 2011. Their careers have had disconcertingly similar arcs. Big potential, high pick, fast start, one very good year, steady decline. Sure his numbers haven't fallen off as much as Staph-ord and he's much younger.

But he's already had a serious concussion which he played through for about 20 games a few years ago, he's possibly going under the knife this year, and he was run out of town by his former teammates.

None of that concerns you?

GreedoII
02-11-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm not even a Sabres fan and this is a great trade for them.

Give up a defenseman who shows up once every 5 games or so and needs to take 4 games off to pat himself on the back for playing well. Give up a forward who's run his course on their roster. 1 prospect who's been a prospect for what 5 years now? And another prospect who was a 2nd round pick but has a good hockey last name + a late first round pick...

FOR

A guy who basically is even with Myers...change of scenery for both could do wonders. And a viable scorer when he actually has linemates that are worth a damn.

People say Bogosian has injury risks....In 5 1/2 seasons Myers has played 365 games, in 6 1/2 seasons Bogosian has played 393 games. 66 games a year vs 60 games a year.

And who cares about this goalie prospect, he may never even sign with the team.

Mr Pink gets it

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 01:14 PM
You could say the same thing about Stafford after 2011. Their careers have had disconcertingly similar arcs. Big potential, high pick, fast start, one very good year, steady decline. Sure his numbers haven't fallen off as much as Staph-ord and he's much younger.

But he's already had a serious concussion which he played through for about 20 games a few years ago, he's possibly going under the knife this year, and he was run out of town by his former teammates.

None of that concerns you?

oh, it does. im very reserved about this trade. but if kane responds well to the change of scenery, he was allegedly unhappy in the peg before the saga started, maybe itll work out. hes already signed off on being good with going to buffalo.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 01:21 PM
oh, it does. im very reserved about this trade. but if kane responds well to the change of scenery, he was allegedly unhappy in the peg before the saga started, maybe itll work out. hes already signed off on being good with going to buffalo.

Some of that article you linked has me worried more. Is he damaged from Byfugly's bullying? What is going to happen with banter (or worse) in the locker room here? Are other teams going to make that the book on him? Is he going to b the target of taunting during the game? How will he respond?

rbochan
02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
blank stare

blink

Ginger Vitis
02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
it appears lemieux was added because he wasnt going to sign with buffalo anyways.

https://twitter.com/AJonSports/status/565574257066147842

maybe he was just as difficult as his old man.

i have no problem parting with prospects, so long as you arent straying from the course during a rebuild. if the sabres had traded armia for a 33 year old, i would big issues with that. but for kane, no real issues, though i really REALLY like what i see from armia. getting a player who is still extremely young is fine with me. murray may have overpaid, but getting a 23 year old who can score bunches is perfectly fine with me. bogosian for myers im a little disappointed with, considering myers was putting his game together nicely. the defense had returned and his offensive punch is returning. but bogosian has settled down himself in his own end, but he hasnt been able to stay healthy.

That twitter source wouldn't put much stock in what he says..Athough Lemieux was angry and stunned he wasn't a 1st Rounder and it was reported he was pissed off he got sent back to juniors maybe he is a delusional egomaniac

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 01:32 PM
Kane has scored 20 goals or more once in 6 years, And he did that 4 years ago.

He has out stayed his welcome with 3 head coaches in 6 years.

Kane is not the kind of guy you want around a very young team.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 01:38 PM
Torn rotator cuff. Gee, hope that turns out ok or we'll be tanking for years to come.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 01:39 PM
That twitter source wouldn't put much stock in what he says..Athough Lemieux was angry and stunned he wasn't a 1st Rounder and it was reported he was pissed off he got sent back to juniors maybe he is a delusional egomaniac

and if thats the case, see you later.

though i did look at the sabres projected lines next year, and while the team looks solid, the right side is even more shallow with armia gone now. that could change with more trades though. but it appears so shallow, that i almost feel you have to keep coho and put him on the right side.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 01:44 PM
...we are set up to be a playoff contender next year.

AND there it is!!!!

LOL!!!!

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Kane has scored 20 goals or more once in 6 years, And he did that 4 years ago.

He has out stayed his welcome with 3 head coaches in 6 years.

Kane is not the kind of guy you want around a very young team.

Look at the guys he was put on a line with after he scored 30 goals...they put him with Oli Jokinen FFS. Jokinen is a bum. And this past season he was with Mark Scheifele.

Any wonder why his scoring went down?

Put him next to McDavid or Eichel with Ennis likely on the other win and watch him actually reach his 40 goal potential people were saying when he was drafted.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Who? Puppa? Well, if he's better than Puppa, it will be highway robbery. The chances of that are infinitesimal. Puppa was awesome. And a smart feller too. While most of the puckheads were taking Clay For An A, Puppa was majoring in aeronautical engineering.

Two years ago he played out of his skull. RPI won 10 of its last 12 games before losing to Brown in the ECACs. Finished ranked about 20th, one of the best seasons since winning it all my senior year in '85 with Oates and Puppa.

Well Puppa was a decent NHL goalie, but that's about it.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 02:35 PM
Look at the guys he was put on a line with after he scored 30 goals...they put him with Oli Jokinen FFS. Jokinen is a bum. And this past season he was with Mark Scheifele.

Put him next to McDavid or Eichel with Ennis likely on the other win and watch him actually reach his 40 goal potential people were saying when he was drafted.

Bingo

Dude
02-11-2015, 02:43 PM
BINGO!!!!
Glad you agree with me. :up:

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Look at the guys he was put on a line with after he scored 30 goals...they put him with Oli Jokinen FFS. Jokinen is a bum. And this past season he was with Mark Scheifele.He's been relegated to play with those schmucks because his play has suffered and his play has suffered because he's playing with those schmucks. Feedback effects but which is the greater reason.

His offense is not what I'm mostly concerned about. He's been pretty consistent at about 0.6 ppg. Nothing great but he's still young and hopefully will be paired with better mates next year.

I'm mostly concerned with his play when his team has the puck. When he broke in, he was a liability outside the offensive zone. Has he improved much?

Then there's the concussion, the rotator cuff, his head. That's a lot to worry about before he has a chance to prove himself seven months hence.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Well Puppa was a decent NHL goalie, but that's about it.

Yeah, you're right. Decent, but that's about it. But he's a sentimental favorite of mine. He had a few good years with the Sabres before his back started giving out. Plus he was a legendary drinker. I used to know his wife pretty well. Got hammered with him a few times. They're still on Grand Island. Lost touch with them after he went to Tampa and I moved to Atlanta.

Still, I think we'd all be surprised if Kasdorf develops into much more than a backup or even a career minor leaguer.

mightysimi
02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
Ollie Jokinen had 26 goals the year they played together. As a Jets fan, I wanted Kane to be good but it was a ton of the same. Plays hard, throws a ton of pucks at the net, misses it a lot and doesn't pick corners like you would like a sniper to. They tried all sorts of ways to integrate him with Little and Wheeler and they couldn't make it work. Maybe if you put him with a guy who will get him the puck where he wants it every time, he would thrive because he rarely makes any plays for himself.

Lets see how Myers does when he doesn't have to be the shutdown guy. In Winnipeg he won't have to be. Stafford, while extremely average, allows us to move Buff back to D. I think it is a pretty even trade. Which is rare.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Ollie Jokinen had 26 goals the year they played together. As a Jets fan, I wanted Kane to be good but it was a ton of the same. Plays hard, throws a ton of pucks at the net, misses it a lot and doesn't pick corners like you would like a sniper to. They tried all sorts of ways to integrate him with Little and Wheeler and they couldn't make it work. Maybe if you put him with a guy who will get him the puck where he wants it every time, he would thrive because he rarely makes any plays for himself.

Lets see how Myers does when he doesn't have to be the shutdown guy. In Winnipeg he won't have to be. Stafford, while extremely average, allows us to move Buff back to D. I think it is a pretty even trade. Which is rare.

Jokinen didn't even score 26 goals in the two years he was a member of the Jets.

mightysimi
02-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Jokinen didn't even score 26 goals in the two years he was a member of the Jets.

haha, I must have looked at assists. He only played with Kane the second year but had 18. He was on the PP and got better than 2nd line minutes in the past and the injuries and lack of production was persistent. I think if you guys are waiting to get the next Seguin or Voracek you might be waiting for a while. He does play hard though. I will miss that about him. Good on the PK as well.

Ginger Vitis
02-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Zach Bogosian is from Messena NY and sources are telling WGR he has always wanted to be a Buffalo Sabre

DetDannyWilliams
02-11-2015, 04:39 PM
something else about Kane (I remember this like it was yesterday, that is how long I wanted him) When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg Kane asked management to trade him because he didn't want to play in Winnipeg.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
something else about Kane (I remember this like it was yesterday, that is how long I wanted him) When the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg Kane asked management to trade him because he didn't want to play in Winnipeg.

Yes, the big city of Buffalo should make him happy.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Yes, the big city of Buffalo should make him happy.

Hes already said he would be happy with being moved to buffalo. Try again.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Hes already said he would be happy with being moved to buffalo. Try again.

Of course.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 04:51 PM

Oh....you mean put him with guys who have never stepped foot on NHL ice and things will be fine?

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Of course.

I know it must suck to see your point blow up in your face like that, but it is what it is.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
I know it must suck to see your point blow up in your face like that, but it is what it is.

Would you expect him to say anything different right now?

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Would you expect him to say anything different right now?
He was asked prior to the trade. Hence why the trade went down. He welcomed it.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 04:59 PM
He was asked prior to the trade. Hence why the trade went down. He welcomed it.

He had zero say in the matter.

But if it makes you feel better to pretend he did.

How's Armia doing and is Myers turning the corner still?

gebobs
02-11-2015, 05:06 PM

How's Duclaire doing? I haven't heard much of him lately. Is he still twice the player that Grigorenko is?

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 05:10 PM

You seem to be fabricating my position. I never said Kane had a say. I simply stated that the Sabres talked to kanes agent prior about his feelings about buffalo.

Armias doing great in the AHL. he looked great this weekend and his numbers are good. And yes, Myers turned the corner.

But good try at trolling anyways.

Skooby
02-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Kane's good for 35-40 goals with McDavid, go Sabres !!

ParanoidAndroid
02-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Sad to see Meyers go but he was the price for Kane. Stafford is finally gone. Armia might never live up to his draft status but I think giving up Lemieux might have been the mistake.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 06:46 PM
Sad to see Meyers go but he was the price for Kane. Stafford is finally gone. Armia might never live up to his draft status but I think giving up Lemieux might have been the mistake.

Depends. Sounds like lemieux may have been a headcase.

ParanoidAndroid
02-11-2015, 06:52 PM
He's young, and he's been an asset for his team, but of course it depends. That's why I said, "might."

gebobs
02-11-2015, 06:59 PM
Depends. Sounds like lemieux may have been a headcase.

Sounds like Kane might be one too.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM
Sounds like Kane might be one too.

Indeed, he may. But at the same time, look at his namesake in Chicago. Patrick Kane had character issues up and down. And you know what? He matured. Evander Kane might as well. Brenden lemieux might too.

Hell, we don't have to look far for what maturation can do for a guy. Look at grigo just a year ago. Seems he figured it out too.

There's hope for evander and lemieux.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 10:03 PM
How's Duclaire doing? I haven't heard much of him lately. Is he still twice the player that Grigorenko is?

He has 16 points in 12 games....With the Ramparts.

Duclair.....3rd round draft pick (80th overall) has 18 NHL games played and put up 7 points

Grigorenko...1st round draft pick (12th overall) has 55 NHL games played and put up 10 points.

Duclair also had a better OHL career, Him and Grigs were teammates.

So to answer your question, Yes!! If you go by the numbers.

Duclair fell in the draft due to a knee injury.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Indeed, he may. But at the same time, look at his namesake in Chicago. Patrick Kane had character issues up and down. And you know what? He matured. Evander Kane might as well. Brenden lemieux might too.

Hell, we don't have to look far for what maturation can do for a guy. Look at grigo just a year ago. Seems he figured it out too.

There's hope for evander and lemieux.

Evander Kane was kicked off the team by his teammates, They did not want the kid around, That's telling.

NOTHING like that has ever happened to Patrick so just stop!!

Patrick was a bit of a dick when he was drunk, Not a locker room cancer who was shunned by a NHL locker room.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 10:37 PM
Evander Kane was kicked off the team by his teammates, They did not want the kid around, That's telling.

NOTHING like that has ever happened to Patrick so just stop!!

Patrick was a bit of a dick when he was drunk, Not a locker room cancer who was shunned by a NHL locker room.

Yeah, he was kicked off the team. By the players. Because that's how professional hockey works. Ok, bud!

He may have fallen out of favor, but let's not make things up, mmk?

- - - Updated - - -

Duclair.....3rd round draft pick (80th overall) has 18 NHL games played and put up 7 points

Grigorenko...1st round draft pick (12th overall) has 55 NHL games played and put up 10 points.

Duclair also had a better OHL career, Him and Grigs were teammates.

So to answer your question, Yes!! If you go by the numbers.

Duclair fell in the draft due to a knee injury.

Well, I can tell you one thing. Grigo and duclair never played in the OHL.

Also, no. Grigo had better points per game then Duclair.

Grigo: 1.539 points per game.
Duclair: 1.222 points per game.

Your Duclair comparison months ago, out of the blue for sure, was silly then. It's silly now. And your cherry picked comparison is dead nuts wrong.

I know I know, you don't like me, whatever. But going out of your way to stir up bull**** is getting old man.

GreedoII
02-12-2015, 06:03 AM
In Murray I trust...all according to plan....you worrywarts can wet the bed dreaming of what could been with stiffs like Myers/Stafford and 2 of the many many prospects they have all you want. This is a trade worth doing with the players that will be on this roster next year and beyond. You will all forget about Armia/Lemieux/and stale overrated players traded away. Bunch of old ladies crying it's too cold in here....

rbochan
02-12-2015, 06:26 AM
...Stafford is finally gone...

Except that he's not.
The Buffalo Sabres have agreed to retain half of Drew Stafford's remaining salary, as part of the trade.

I'm half-expecting Tim Murray to trade Buffalo's first pick to Ottawa, then submit his resignation as Sabres' GM and join the Senators as his uncle's replacement...

mightysimi
02-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Just to keep it interesting, there was a rumor floating around here in Winnipeg that when all of our D were hurt (Stuart, Trouba, Enstrom, Bogosian) that the only one actually hurt was Stuart and the other 3 were in rehab. There was a mysterious "injury" that happened to all of them in practice. The also knew when they would be coming back pretty much right away. They reported (D hurt, will be back in Feb). Not the usual reporting of 2-3 weeks and such. Bogosian was a big partier with Enstrom as his good friend and side kick. Trouba was rooming with Bogosian. Don't know if it's true but if it is, it's got to be easier to get blow in Buffalo than Winnipeg.

Again this is all rumor but from a source here that I trust.

JATMtheJATM
02-12-2015, 09:58 AM
10 teams were calling about Myers, per Murray.

Dr. Who
02-12-2015, 11:17 AM
So, just to review, Kane is a locker room cancer with a low hockey iq and injury concerns, while Bogosian, according to unnamed sources, has a substance abuse problem and also has injury concerns.

People are always so helpful with these kinds of things.

OpIv37
02-12-2015, 11:22 AM
The NHL is a small club. If we heard the rehab rumors about Bogosian, you can be sure that people inside the Sabres org heard them. So, either it's not true or the club is satisfied that the issue is resolved.

Dr. Who
02-12-2015, 11:26 AM
The NHL is a small club. If we heard the rehab rumors about Bogosian, you can be sure that people inside the Sabres org heard them. So, either it's not true or the club is satisfied that the issue is resolved.

Oh, I've no idea if it's true and one would imagine TM was confident about both players or he wouldn't have made the deal.
I am just irritated by those who seem to go out of their way to accentuate the most negative interpretation possible.

GreedoII
02-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Can they score goals and help win a cup? If yes..then I don't care if they are sniffing glue and wrestling gators with their bare hands as long as they show up and play and win....all I care about is the on ice production.

mightysimi
02-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Oh, I've no idea if it's true and one would imagine TM was confident about both players or he wouldn't have made the deal.
I am just irritated by those who seem to go out of their way to accentuate the most negative interpretation possible.

Does rumor not cover it? Should I use super extreme rumor just to let you know it's further from proven? I'm telling you what I heard. You seemed to gloss over the 3 pages of people saying myers and stafford are terrible good riddance and Armia will never develop and lemieux wouldn't sign. I get it, someone is talking bad about your new toys.

Kane is a loner, not a cancer. To me a cancer indicates divide in the locker room. A loner is everyone against you. He didn't follow the team rules. Facts are facts. He has been injured. Again also fact. If he gets his head on, he can be a very good player. I hesitate to say great. I could be wrong though.

Bogosian also has been hurt a lot. This is also fact. The rumor is about the drug abuse. In all fairness, since his return from injury or whatever, he has played the best I have seen him in a Jets uniform. Maybe clean Bogo is all that is needed.

When I heard the deal being put together and they said that Kane might not be the only piece moving, I immediately thought of Bogosian. For the reasons above. I think this could be a trade that can work out for both teams. Evryone wants to pick a winner and many have but I see it as pretty even because of all the unknowns.

OpIv37
02-12-2015, 12:07 PM
Stafford is terrible.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Stafford is terrible.

Not really. He might not have acheived what he should've, but he's also not "terrible"

He's a competent 3rd liner and marginal 2nd line winger.

We can save terrible for players that are really terrible like McCormick, Scott, Mitchell, Konopka, etc.

mightysimi
02-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Stafford is terrible.

That is not debatable. He just needs to be an average player on the 3rd line which allows Byfuglien to move back to D.

OpIv37
02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Not really. He might not have acheived what he should've, but he's also not "terrible"

He's a competent 3rd liner and marginal 2nd line winger.

We can save terrible for players that are really terrible like McCormick, Scott, Mitchell, Konopka, etc.

He's not a second liner. But, he's gone so it really doesn't matter. He's the last of Darcy's post-Bloody Sunday gaggle of losers and I've wanted him gone for a while.

Dr. Who
02-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Does rumor not cover it? Should I use super extreme rumor just to let you know it's further from proven? I'm telling you what I heard. You seemed to gloss over the 3 pages of people saying myers and stafford are terrible good riddance and Armia will never develop and lemieux wouldn't sign. I get it, someone is talking bad about your new toys.

Kane is a loner, not a cancer. To me a cancer indicates divide in the locker room. A loner is everyone against you. He didn't follow the team rules. Facts are facts. He has been injured. Again also fact. If he gets his head on, he can be a very good player. I hesitate to say great. I could be wrong though.

Bogosian also has been hurt a lot. This is also fact. The rumor is about the drug abuse. In all fairness, since his return from injury or whatever, he has played the best I have seen him in a Jets uniform. Maybe clean Bogo is all that is needed.

When I heard the deal being put together and they said that Kane might not be the only piece moving, I immediately thought of Bogosian. For the reasons above. I think this could be a trade that can work out for both teams. Evryone wants to pick a winner and many have but I see it as pretty even because of all the unknowns.

Yes, I admit I'd like to have that new toy feeling for a few days . . . I can't dispute what you say and I don't think you're one of those who says things just to be a downer.
I read a lot of boards and had a general feeling of annoyance. I just used this place to vent. The loner label makes sense to me. I have that personality myself.

I like Armia. I think he will be a nice 2nd line winger. I also like Lemieux. I would have been happier had we not traded both of them. Myers is kinda soft and makes some dumb plays, but he's still a good player and has improved this year. I think the Jets did well in this trade. I'm hoping it works both ways.
I live in Atlanta, btw. Never liked the Thrashers, liked the Flames, though . . . was glad Winnipeg got a team back.

sukie
02-12-2015, 12:24 PM
If you are intent on making this a do over vs a tinkering rebuild... Then the enema bag NEEDS to be squeezed good and deep. Stafford the colon polyp has been removed... Myers was needed to make the deal happen. I like this trade all around.

mightysimi
02-12-2015, 12:30 PM
If you are intent on making this a do over vs a tinkering rebuild... Then the enema bag NEEDS to be squeezed good and deep. Stafford the colon polyp has been removed... Myers was needed to make the deal happen. I like this trade all around.

Rob Ray was on OTR yesterday saying that both players are good but just got jumped on by the fan base as the symbol for the old regime's failures. I hope he's right about Myers. Stafford should probably rent in Winnipeg.

gebobs
02-12-2015, 12:43 PM

No need to do the full bio on Duclair. I was just bustin yer chops about that post you made long ago.

mightysimi
02-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Well fruck, Myers is hurt.

JATMtheJATM
02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Slapper from Shea Weber to the foot. Early speculation is broken foot. Wouldn't that be something. Hope he's ok

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Whew. Bad Intel. Took it to the knee. Hes going to be fine.

Anyways, apparently the Sabres price for Myers was Larkin and Mantha. Had buffalo just asked for Mantha, sounds like Holland would have pulled the trigger

YardRat
02-13-2015, 04:47 AM
Whaley--"I just hired Rex Ryan and signed Richie Incognito".
Murray--"Oh, I bet I can top that".

chernobylwraiths
02-13-2015, 05:50 AM
Whew. Bad Intel. Took it to the knee. Hes going to be fine.

Anyways, apparently the Sabres price for Myers was Larkin and Mantha. Had buffalo just asked for Mantha, sounds like Holland would have pulled the trigger

Maybe, but getting two established NHL players is better than getting two prospects, no matter how highly rated. IMO

coastal
02-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Mantha instead of Kane?

idiot murray

mightysimi
02-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Slapper from Shea Weber to the foot. Early speculation is broken foot. Wouldn't that be something. Hope he's ok

Yeah, at least we have practice with playing without the top d.

Early impressions were very good. He made several plays in his own end to shake the forechecker and get the puck out. If he can do that most of the time, I will be extremly happy with the trade. If he plays again this year. Or we end up trading 2 injured guys in the same season.

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Maybe, but getting two established NHL players is better than getting two prospects, no matter how highly rated. IMO

I have no issues with who the Sabres got. Now, had they have gotten someone who was 30 or something, that would have been bad.

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 10:07 AM
Teams already calling Winnipeg about Myers.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/13/report-the-jets-have-received-calls-on-myers/

10 teams were after him before he was traded. Guy is in high demand.

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 01:35 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/20931211.php

advanced stats on kane. im loving this deal a little more now. especially if they pair him with eichel/mcdavid or even sam reinhart. give him the puck.

coastal
02-13-2015, 01:57 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/pages/20931211.php

advanced stats on kane. im loving this deal a little more now. especially if they pair him with eichel/mcdavid or even sam reinhart. give him the puck.
Put all 3 on a line together

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 02:20 PM
Put all 3 on a line together

ive thought about that, but i feel that thins out our centers. ideally, kane/mcdavid/ennis and im happy. i think ennis could work well on the right side.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2015, 02:28 PM
ive thought about that, but i feel that thins out our centers. ideally, kane/mcdavid/ennis and im happy. i think ennis could work well on the right side.

That depends on Grigorenko

Can he pan out enough to be the #2 center?

McEichel, Grigorenko, Girgensons could be a nice 1, 2, 3 mix

Ginger Vitis
02-13-2015, 02:51 PM

Reinhart at worst should be the No.2 Center.. Putting Reinhart on the wing would take away his effectiveness

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Can he pan out enough to be the #2 center?

ive always felt grigo would be better suited for RW. reinhart, IMO, with his slick passing and playmaking, as well as solid defense, should be centering the second line.

girgs i feel would be the ultimate 3rd line C, great both ways, can add offense. or a second line LW.

Dr. Lecter
02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
Yep - I stand corrected.

coastal
02-13-2015, 05:06 PM
You don't put Ennis on the first line.

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 05:14 PM
You don't put Ennis on the first line.

Why not? You do if he's the best option on the right side.. considering that's the case once Stewart is moved, makes sense to me.

coastal
02-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Then the GM better go out and get a better RW

JATMtheJATM
02-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Then the GM better go out and get a better RW

And if he doesn't? Or isn't able to? Ennis will do.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/top-30-unrestricted-free-agents-nhl-2014-15-contract-year-bobby-ryan-jason-spezza-marc-andre-fleury/

But there's a handful of RW free agents upcoming.

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 01:24 AM
https://twitter.com/tessavanderhart/status/566848791681437698?s=09

Buffy really didn't like Kane, it seems.

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 10:26 PM
https://twitter.com/tessavanderhart/status/566848791681437698?s=09

Buffy really didn't like Kane, it seems.

I told you, The team could not stand the kid but you said.................NO...NO..NO!!

Then Murray downplayed all the stories that have been making the rounds about Kane being a malcontent in the Winnipeg dressing room. About him wearing a track suit to a meeting and then taking his sticks and pucks and going home to have shoulder surgery when said suit was tossed into a cold tub in Vancouver by teammates who were clearly sick of him.We got the change-of-scenery rationale. Murray refused to go so far as to say “character issues,” so we’ll say it for him. Kane has them and better check them at the door when he comes here this fall for training camp.
I’m still shaking my head at what the Sabres gave up here. Drew Stafford was an unrestricted free agent and that’s no biggie. But Tyler Myers and Joel Armia and Brendan Lemieux and a first-round pick? That’s three former first-rounders, a future No. 1 and, in Lemieux, the No. 1 pick of last year’s second round.
How many and-and-ands was Murray willing to go to?

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/mike-harrington/too-many-throw-ins-in-this-blockbuster-20150211

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 10:33 PM
I told you, The team could not stand the kid but you said.................NO...NO..NO!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/mike-harrington/too-many-throw-ins-in-this-blockbuster-20150211

I never said the team liked him, I said the players didn't kick him off the team. Huge difference.

It also goes without saying Kane needs to grow up and mature. Something I'm willing to let him do. Lots of other immature players have gone through the same process. No sense writing him off too.

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 10:41 PM
I never said the team liked him, I said the players didn't kick him off the team. Huge difference.

It also goes without saying Kane needs to grow up and mature. Something I'm willing to let him do. Lots of other immature players have gone through the same process. No sense writing him off too.

Well, That's pretty much what happened..He was not welcomed in the room, Front office was tired of him, They sent him to the Winnipeg of the U.S

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 10:53 PM
Well, That's pretty much what happened..He was not welcomed in the room, Front office was tired of him, They sent him to the Winnipeg of the U.S

There's kind of a difference between "the players kicked him off the team" and him being traded. So far, the main rift seems to be with Buffy. That's not being kicked off the team.

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 10:59 PM
There's kind of a difference between "the players kicked him off the team" and him being traded. So far, the main rift seems to be with Buffy. That's not being kicked off the team.

k

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 11:11 PM
And at the end of the day, it's irrelevant if he matures and grows up like so many other young stars with attitude problems have done before. He "signed off" on the trade to buffalo, needs the fresh start. I'm gonna let him actually arrive in buffalo and play before I condemn him for being immature on another franchise at a young age.

Dude
02-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Or, according to the photog that took the picture ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/mridgenwpg">@mridgenwpg</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/bkives">@bkives</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/tessavanderhart">@tessavanderhart</a> they were honestly just joking around. It was all in fun. We just didn&#39;t use it</p>&mdash; Trevor Hagan (@wpgphotog) <a href="https://twitter.com/wpgphotog/status/566974341649162240">February 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mightysimi
02-16-2015, 07:22 AM
Just because I know how you guys love to hear this stuff. I talked to a guy yesterday who's brother is a paramedic who has personally woken up Kane 3 times asleep and hammered at the wheel. Once they actually had to smash the back window because he wouldn't wake up.

I hope for your sake that he grows up and put the energy into playing.