PDA

View Full Version : Doug Marrone explains himself

swiper
02-06-2015, 04:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12285364/doug-marrone-wants-look-forward-not-back-jacksonville

"I talked to Terry a couple of weeks ago. We had a good conversation and made the decision to [opt out], and we're not looking back and we're moving forward. Really, that's as simple as it is."

Night Train
02-06-2015, 04:12 AM
The only thing "simple" was his belief that teams saw him as the next big thing.

Epic Fail.

better days
02-06-2015, 06:10 AM
I saw this on another board.

A different article in which Marrone said he opted out of his contract but he did not quit.

He also said he did not expect to get another HC job right away after opting out of the Bills contract.

Such a LIAR. LMAO at Marrone.

That other article is from the Syracuse Post-Standard.

better days
02-06-2015, 06:31 AM
And in that Syracuse article, Marrone said of the Coach he fired that called him self centered & greedy:

"Sometimes when you have to move on from people, they look to get you back. I'm not like that so I wouldn't understand why somebody would do that."

LMAO, it was widely reported that Marrone bad mouthed the Bills to Polian & that is the reason Polian backed out of the Bills job at the last minute.

Marrone is not just an IDIOT, but a LIAR as well.

justasportsfan
02-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Hes full of crap. He only had to win to assure himself of staying.

Albany,n.y.
02-06-2015, 07:44 AM
The conversation with Terry Pegula went like this:
Doug: "I got my check, now I know why you're in Florida, no state income tax. I like Florida. Thank you for paying me so promptly"
Terry: "Doug, Florida is a great place for a residence, glad you're down here. It was worth $4 million to get rid of you in Buffalo. I like Rex Ryan better."
Doug "No problem Terry, to be honest, I like Rex Ryan better than myself too. I like taking with you. Can I call you any time? "
Terry "Sure, just don't call after 9 PM."
Doug "Bye, talk to you soon."
Terry to Kim "We've got to change all our phone numbers."

coastal
02-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Who got to bang Rakph's niece?

Meathead
02-06-2015, 09:55 AM
who?

swiper
02-06-2015, 01:04 PM
And in that Syracuse article, Marrone said of the Coach he fired that called him self centered & greedy:

"Sometimes when you have to move on from people, they look to get you back. I'm not like that so I wouldn't understand why somebody would do that."

LMAO, it was widely reported that Marrone bad mouthed the Bills to Polian & that is the reason Polian backed out of the Bills job at the last minute.

Marrone is not just an IDIOT, but a LIAR as well.

Marrone was refering to the former coach that spoke bad about him with that quote I think

- - - Updated - - -

Who got to bang Rakph's niece?

Not Lit. He was too busy in St. Pete.

Generalissimus Gibby
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM
The "damage control" mode is so obvious here that it hurts him even more than had he said absolutely nothing at all.

djjimkelly
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM
lol @ marrone

better days
02-06-2015, 02:49 PM
Marrone was refering to the former coach that spoke bad about him with that quote I think

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that is right, Marrone was talking about the Syracuse Coach he fired.

That Coach went on the Radio about the time Marrone opted out of his contract with the Bills & called Marrone self centered & greedy.

And he said Marrone was already planning for his next job the minute he was hired.

Marrone also said that the players understood about him opting out of his contract.

Well, Fred Jackson said when he read Marrone's text it felt like a punch in the stomach & that Marrone has burnt some bridges.

I heard that on Shredd & Ragen on the EDGE.

bf1
02-06-2015, 02:51 PM
No honey, I'm not dumping you, I'm opting out of our relationship.

GvilleBills
02-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Marrone should just STFU.
who cares what an OL coach has to say anyway?? ;)

Mace
02-06-2015, 04:25 PM
I talked to Terry a couple of weeks ago. We had a good conversation and made the decision to [opt out], and we're not looking back and we're moving forward. Really, that's as simple as it is.

Well it was more than 5 weeks ago. I think he went catatonic a few weeks in there, came out of it, thought it was 2005 and went for Jags OL coach. With as much time as he had to anticipate the question, it was a curious answer. Then again, catatonic is unresponsive stupor and we saw that out of him more than a few times here.

Hackett : "Well, we're working together again Doug !"
Marrone : "I'm sorry, have we met, kid ?"

Strongman
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Marrone contradicts himself a few times in the link below.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12285364/doug-marrone-wants-look-forward-not-back-jacksonville

He says he missed coaching the o-line, yet he interviewed for a few HC jobs before lowering his sights to a position coach. It's pretty clear he thought he was going to land one of the HC positions, but teams (wisely) decided not to hire him. He and his agent know he's damaged goods. Taking this position in Jacksonville is nothing more than him trying to repair his image.

Skooby
02-06-2015, 08:59 PM
The Pats game was a resume padder for Doug, no reason to have Kyle start when EJ is just sitting there. That told me that Doug's a goner.

Mace
02-06-2015, 09:04 PM
That told me that Doug's a goner.

It did not. You thought you'd have another good year of anti-Marrone material like the rest of us while being just as confused as everyone else.

sudzy
02-07-2015, 05:00 AM
Marrone should just STFU.
who cares what an OL coach has to say anyway?? ;)

Jacksonville fans. Read the commits. Some fans view him as a savior. They don't realize our line took a dive after Marrone came here.

RedEyE
02-07-2015, 06:20 AM
I feel for Jags fans and Bortles. For a short period of time I even felt bad for Hackett. Until Hackett rejoined Maroone in Jacksonville. Maroone opting out affecting his entire staff including Hackett. That's one selfish son of a ***** right there.

I can only guess that Maroone was so confident he was going to land a job with the Jets, there was nothing Pegula would have said that would have had Fuggie Dougie staying.