02-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Per James Walker of ESPN.

https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/563910833034768384

Mace
02-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Argh.

DraftBoy
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
According to Tim Graham this meeting is just a formality before they sign him. He's high on Rex Ryan's list of guys he wanted to bring in.

- - - Updated - - -

Link to Graham tweet:
https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/563914402668486657

Skooby
02-06-2015, 09:38 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/jameswalkernfl/status/563909798568427521

Mace
02-06-2015, 09:38 PM
According to Tim Graham this meeting is just a formality before they sign him. He's high on Rex Ryan's list of guys he wanted to bring in.

- - - Updated - - -

Link to Graham tweet:
https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham/status/563914402668486657

Argh, hmph then.

MikeInRoch
02-06-2015, 09:54 PM
Well, he did say he wanted to build a bully.

Goobylal
02-06-2015, 10:48 PM
Great low-risk high-reward move. He won't be a problem, will work his tail off, and will come cheap after a year away from the game. He'll also be pretty rested. If he does become a problem, they can cut him without much trouble.

WagonCircler
02-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Good. We need OL who are mean, nasty bastards.

feldspar
02-07-2015, 12:52 AM
Well, he did say he wanted to build a bully.

Beat me to it.

I was hoping I was going to get all the credit for making such a fantastic quip.

No such luck.

swiper
02-07-2015, 04:17 AM
Report: Bills to take a look at Richie Incognito

Posted by Mike Florio on February 6, 2015, 11:11 PM EST
https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/incognito.jpg?w=239
Getty Images
As the Bills attempt to take the next step from 9-7 to the postseason, the franchise will take a look at a guy who has been exiled from the sport for more than a year.
James Walker of ESPN.com reports that the Bills will give former Dolphins guard Richie Incognito (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3291/richie-incognito) a physical on Saturday (https://twitter.com/JamesWalkerNFL/status/563909798568427521).

It’s a low-risk proposition for the Bills, whose fan base remains in a state of euphoria regarding: (1) the acquisition of the franchise by owners who are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo; and (2) the hiring of coach Rex Ryan. Few if any will bat an eye at the interest in Incognito.

If Incognito signs with the Bills, he’ll become a member of the offseason roster, which can hold up to 90 players. He’ll need to show that he can still perform at a high level — and he’ll have to stay out of trouble — if he hopes to win a spot on the 53-man roster.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/report-bills-to-take-a-look-at-richie-incognito/

sudzy
02-07-2015, 04:20 AM
I like the move. I want the Bills to keep him when he was here last time. Brings a high intensity, mean streak to an offensive line that was nurtured by Doug Marrone. People say he's a horrible pass blocker. That shouldn't be a problem in Rex/Roman's offense. I'm assuming they got him for a very reasonable price, because of the baggage, so that shouldn't restrict them from going after someone else in FA. Imagine this line with Iupati. The only question is, is how will Incognito be excepted by the other players on the team?

YardRat
02-07-2015, 04:29 AM
Maybe we can sign Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and get Aaron Hernandez on work release/community service furlough too.

swiper
02-07-2015, 04:46 AM
I like the move. I want the Bills to keep him when he was here last time. Brings a high intensity, mean streak to an offensive line that was nurtured by Doug Marrone. People say he's a horrible pass blocker. That shouldn't be a problem in Rex/Roman's offense. I'm assuming they got him for a very reasonable price, because of the baggage, so that shouldn't restrict them from going after someone else in FA. Imagine this line with Iupati. The only question is, is how will Incognito be excepted by the other players on the team?

Accepted? IDK. He gets treated like he's the only competent guard out there some times. He's an idiot. How many locker rooms has he disrupted already? There are other guards out there that can do the job as well, or better, than this guy who is ten years out of the draft now. And he's trouble. So we will see. The Bills recognized this and cut their losses once. Fool me once. Fool me twice.

swiper
02-07-2015, 05:01 AM
According to Graham, Incognito was said to be a "high priority target" for new Bills head coach Rex Ryan. To this point in his career, the guard has played nine seasons in the NFL in three separate destinations. The Dolphins, St. Louis Rams and even the Buffalo Bills for three games in 2009, all employed Incognito at one point or another.

Incognito joins Chris Williams, Kraig Urbik, Cyrus Kouandjio and Cyril Richardson as the interior offensive linemen that could figure into the starting discussion at guard in 2015. The Bills have yet to make any announcement in regards to Incognito.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=455601

Night Train
02-07-2015, 05:02 AM
He hasn't played since the middle of the 2013 season. Has to prove himself all over again.

He also needs some Vets to approach him immediately and tell him his a-hole locker room crap is over and to play football.

swiper
02-07-2015, 05:05 AM
He also needs some Vets to approach him immediately and tell him his a-hole locker room crap is over and to play football.

Eric Wood.

elltrain22
02-07-2015, 05:26 AM
Love this move. We sign one more offensive lineman, and our Line will be much better

Dr. Lecter
02-07-2015, 05:59 AM
No. Don't sign this guy

Jonathan Martin was far from the only person being harassed in the Dolphins locker room, according to the Wells Report.

In the introduction, the report refers to an assistant trainer who was “repeatedly was targeted with racial slurs and other racially derogatory language.”The Japanese-born trainer was apparently the subject of repeated abuse from Richie Incognito, John Jerry and Mike Pouncey.

The report says they referred to him as “Jap,” “Chinaman,” a “dirty communist” or a “North Korean,” and would make demands such as “give me some water you f—ing chink.”

There were also lewd remarks relating to massages, and Incognito admitted making the remarks to the trainer.

On Dec. 7, 2012, the anniversary of the invasion of Pearl Harbor, the three players took it to another level.

The report says they “donned traditional Japanese headbands that featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/report-details-racial-abuse-of-dolphins-trainer/

RedEyE
02-07-2015, 06:12 AM
The Bills need a G. He fills a hole and he probably comes cheap. Bringing him allows for the Bills to focus on other positions early in the draft.

I bet he's learned a thing or two while sitting at home watching the bank account dwindle. He's gritty and can't possibly be worse then what they currently have. He gets a long pretty well with Wood and I think Wood can keep him in check.

But if he does start twisting things up in the locker room, cut his ass.

Yasgur's Farm
02-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Does he still need to serve a 6 game suspension?

DraftBoy
02-07-2015, 06:49 AM
I get the desire to want to sign nasty powerful OL, but I don't want Incognito. He'll bring a distraction because of his past locker room behavior, which was inexcusable and deplorable, he hasn't played in a year and a half, and he's an ******* with a propensity to take stupid ass penalties.

We can find better, younger options imo.

Don't Panic
02-07-2015, 06:56 AM
This guy is a giant douchebag. I know we want to win, but not this way.

trapezeus
02-07-2015, 07:01 AM
we know he was a d bag. let's see if he learned his lesson and took some responsibility for it.

how old is he?

DraftBoy
02-07-2015, 07:13 AM
we know he was a d bag. let's see if he learned his lesson and took some responsibility for it.

how old is he?

Why?

32 and hasn't played in 18 months.

X-Era
02-07-2015, 07:34 AM
I think it's just adding a vet. I dont look at this as adding a day one starter.

X-Era
02-07-2015, 07:36 AM
And 10 hours ago the Bills put this up on their site:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/audio/Graff-Combating-hate-bullying--discrimination/e0bbd4cc-4830-4a17-97c6-eaa24c88778e

Sometimes you can't make this stuff up.

coastal
02-07-2015, 07:54 AM
The NFL has a contingent of bullies, criminals, wife beaters, child beaters, rapists, drug addicts, drug dealers and such.

its an evil business to be sure... Igonito is just another stooge in that game.

if his personality can be managed within the context of the team, I will not allow my hypocrisy to get in the way of rooting for him to smash open running lanes against Vince Wilfork and his cheating ilk.

casdhf
02-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Camp fodder

coastal
02-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Camp fodder
No.

roided up mean day one starter.

sudzy
02-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Camp fodder

You really think the Bills would deal with all the PR crap that comes with him if they didn't think he would be a starter?

Skooby
02-07-2015, 08:53 AM
You really think the Bills would deal with all the PR crap that comes with him if they didn't think he would be a starter?

Common sense dictates this.

better days
02-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Eric Wood.

Eric Wood stuck up for Incognito when the bullying case was going on in Miami.

Wood said Incognito was a good guy who was trying to light a fire in a teammate he considered to be a friend because that player needed it.

Night Train
02-07-2015, 09:24 AM
I get the desire to want to sign nasty powerful OL, but I don't want Incognito. He'll bring a distraction because of his past locker room behavior, which was inexcusable and deplorable, he hasn't played in a year and a half, and he's an ******* with a propensity to take stupid ass penalties.

We can find better, younger options imo.

I agree but if he does somehow make the opening day roster, he's strictly a short term bridge/fill in while the next guy is found or a young, strong draft pick is ready.

Dr. Lecter
02-07-2015, 09:24 AM

Wood said Incognito was a good guy who was trying to light a fire in a teammate he considered to be a friend because that player needed it.
And what he did to the trainer?

elltrain22
02-07-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm so tired of losing, and not going to the playoffs I could care less how much of a d-bag he is. If can open up running lanes, and protect the QB better than those others schleps I'm very happy with the move.

better days
02-07-2015, 09:42 AM
And what he did to the trainer?

What did Incognito do to a trainer?

In Miami or Buffalo?

Dr. Lecter
02-07-2015, 09:46 AM
What did Incognito do to a trainer?

In Miami or Buffalo?

I already posted it in this thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/14/report-details-racial-abuse-of-dolphins-trainer/

Mace
02-07-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm so tired of losing, and not going to the playoffs I could care less how much of a d-bag he is. If can open up running lanes, and protect the QB better than those others schleps I'm very happy with the move.

That's the thing though, you don't want to bank on a 32 year old anger management issue problem child who hasn't played in 18 months, was passed over by 3 needy teams who gave him workouts last year (KC, Denver & Tampa Bay), then dump him into a peaceful locker room of young developing linemen.

Rex Ryan "wanted" him. I'm starting to think Rexfest creates his own obstacles.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Jesus imagine what a field day this guy would have on our midget trainer.

HAMMER
02-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Rex the ringmaster brings in Bozo. What a joke this guy is, oh how I wish Marrone wasn't so dumb.

Mace
02-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Rex the ringmaster brings in Bozo. What a joke this guy is, oh how I wish Marrone wasn't so dumb.

I'll bet this is only the beginning. Oh it will be entertaining, but sometimes not in good ways.

paladin warrior
02-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Maybe we can sign Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and get Aaron Hernandez on work release/community service furlough too. That would be nice. If Buffalo Bills get both RB . If C.J spiller and Fred Jackson are done with Buffalo Bills .

Mike13
02-07-2015, 10:41 AM

Explain the context for the "N-word hunting" texts.

YardRat
02-07-2015, 11:00 AM
Whaley seems to like guys who haven't lived up to their perceived potential or walk a little bit off the beaten path.

Mace
02-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Whaley seems to like guys who haven't lived up to their perceived potential or walk a little bit off the beaten path.

And if Ryan wants Incognito, then Rexfest seems to like guys barely in shouting distance of the beaten path.

swiper
02-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Yeah. There is a reason he's been out of football for 18 months. He's old for a guard. He's a idiot. This is going to be the first on a long list of buffoonery by Rex Ryan.

There are better, younger, less douchey guards to be had.

Mace
02-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah. There is a reason he's been out of football for 18 months. He's old for a guard. He's a idiot. This is going to be the first on a long list of buffoonery by Rex Ryan.

There are better, younger, less douchey guards to be had.

Buffoonery ! I love that word.

Buffoonery, mad harlequinade, frivolous japery even.

Um, anyway...

Scumbag College
02-07-2015, 11:54 AM
After the media nightmares for the NFL of Hernandez, Rice, and AP, I would think signing a guy like Incognito (even though he hasn't been accused of any felonies) would be frowned upon by the league front office and they would try to dissuade teams of signing a guy with a history of "character issues." I just think this would be a PR problem and a headache a good, young team doesn't really need right now.

As a pure football signing, I have trouble with the logic of signing a guy that won't have played a snap of competitive football for almost two years come this preseason who's 32 years old. Manning might be an argument for this, but comparing the two is not the same. I know Rex wants to "Build a Bully," but getting thugs on board isn't the same as playing good, tough ball.

Novacane
02-07-2015, 12:01 PM
After the media nightmares for the NFL of Hernandez, Rice, and AP, I would think signing a guy like Incognito (even though he hasn't been accused of any felonies) would be frowned upon by the league front office and they would try to dissuade teams of signing a guy with a history of "character issues." I just think this would be a PR problem and a headache a good, young team doesn't really need right now.

As a pure football signing, I have trouble with the logic of signing a guy that won't have played a snap of competitive football for almost two years come this preseason who's 32 years old. Manning might be an argument for this, but comparing the two is not the same. I know Rex wants to "Build a Bully," but getting thugs on board isn't the same as playing good, tough ball.

The NFL looks the other way at cheating. I could care less what they want.

As a football signing it can't hurt to try. I'm sure he came cheap. If someone outplays him in camp they can just cut him.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 12:01 PM
He's a day 1 starter on this team. Even at his age and almost 2 years out of the NFL he becomes our best guard.

But I still don't want him on the team. As a fan I can't really cheer for him.

His impact in the locker room is something none of us can really evaluate. He's proven in the past that he's capable of destroying a team's chemistry. But he also proved that he can keep his head down and stay out of trouble (his first stint in Buffalo). Obviously the coaching staff and front office think he's worth the risk and that they can control him. Rex doesn't have a history of teams with a lot of internal strife, so I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

At the end of the day his crimes (at least to my knowledge) amount to words, not sticks and stones. I have a lot less issue with this than someone that beats their wife or drives drunk.

Mr. Pink
02-07-2015, 12:07 PM
He's already the best guard on the roster and he hasn't even signed yet.

He's the day 1 starter when he does sign.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-07-2015, 12:09 PM
He's a day 1 starter on this team. Even at his age and almost 2 years out of the NFL he becomes our best guard.

But I still don't want him on the team. As a fan I can't really cheer for him.

His impact in the locker room is something none of us can really evaluate. He's proven in the past that he's capable of destroying a team's chemistry. But he also proved that he can keep his head down and stay out of trouble (his first stint in Buffalo). Obviously the coaching staff and front office think he's worth the risk and that they can control him. Rex doesn't have a history of teams with a lot of internal strife, so I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

In the locker room, sure, but the dude was a penalty machine.

I have a lot less issue with this than someone that beats their wife or drives drunk.

What are your thoughts on street racing?

YardRat
02-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Turn left at the Mongolian Buffet, not right.

better days
02-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Explain the context for the "N-word hunting" texts.

Traning Day.

better days
02-07-2015, 01:05 PM

So a white guy & two black guys are making racially insensitive remarks to an asian guy?

Yeah, lock the three of them up & throw away the key.

LMAO at the liberals.

Dr. Lecter
02-07-2015, 01:44 PM
So a white guy & two black guys are making racially insensitive remarks to an asian guy?

Yeah, lock the three of them up & throw away the key.

LMAO at the liberals.

You're an idiot.

Woodman
02-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Signed.

BillsImpossible
02-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Signed.

Timing is everything, right?

BillsImpossible
02-07-2015, 02:34 PM
You know what's really freaking ironic about this signing?

Richie Incognito looks a lot like Doug Marrone.

https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/QiZu7LhPWuEaW5LI6mytHQ--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2ZpPWluc2V0O2g9MjgwO3E9OTU7dz01MDI-/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/i/us/sp/v/nfl_cutout/players_l/20130923/7257.png

BleedinGreenNC
02-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Ahh, Rex Ryan era begins......hehe

better days
02-07-2015, 02:46 PM
You're an idiot.

The PC Police are the IDIOTS.

swiper
02-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Ahh, Rex Ryan era begins......hehe

Beat you to that one. Agreed.

BillsImpossible
02-07-2015, 02:54 PM
The past aside, this is a good signing for the Bills.

To my knowledge, Incognito has never killed dogs, delivered an upper cut knockout punch to his wife, or whipped his child with a tree branch.

It's time to simmer down now.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nP1TWcILbcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YardRat
02-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, people wanted the team to be nationally relevant again, between Sexy Rexy, Richie, and who knows what else is to follow they certainly are on the map right now.

better days
02-07-2015, 03:02 PM
The past aside, this is a good signing for the Bills.

To my knowledge, Incognito has never killed dogs, delivered an upper cut knockout punch to his wife, or whipped his child with a tree branch.

It's time to simmer down now.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nP1TWcILbcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Seriously. The PC POLICE want to hang Incognito because he was a bully to a FRIEND of his.

EDS
02-07-2015, 03:04 PM
First free agent of the Pegula regime. Keep it classy Terry.

BillsImpossible
02-07-2015, 03:35 PM

Go fly a kite.

SpikedLemonade
02-07-2015, 03:49 PM
If we are going to rely on Incognito and Chris Williams as our Guards next year, we are ****ed.

I want to see 2 top 5 FA Guards in here.

feldspar
02-07-2015, 04:10 PM

Hey, Incognito won the Good Guy Award in 2012.

True story.

http://mia.scout.com/story/1252145-reggie-richie-are-good-guys?s=62

Pinkerton Security
02-07-2015, 04:11 PM
I love people - we need a nasty run blocker. They go get one. We get mad.

Get off your moral high horse, the guy hasnt done anything in 2 years, what ever happened to giving a guy a chance to prove that he has improved himself? Until he messes up as a member of the Bills organization, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-07-2015, 04:34 PM

Get off your moral high horse, the guy hasnt done anything in 2 years, what ever happened to giving a guy a chance to prove that he has improved himself? Until he messes up as a member of the Bills organization, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

agree completely. yea, the guy is an idiot. but he was pretty good at what he did. he certainly can't be any worse (i hope not anyway) than the garbage we have currently that were further undermined by our moronic ex coach

Mace
02-07-2015, 04:45 PM

It's not even a moral high horse, it's just the obvious list of unquestionable :

-Incognito used to be a nasty run blocker, couple years ago.
-A couple years ago was a couple years ago.
-Incognito hasn't done anything in 2 years, because he's been sitting on his couch with 32 teams not interested, even teams that need O-linemen badly.
-Incognito has not played in a year and a half.
-Incognito is going to be 32 in July.
-Incognito was not signed by Denver, KC or lowly Tampa Bay who tried him out last season.
-This is his 4th change of scenery, that's 4 times people wanted to pretend he really really learned this time.
-Incognito has always had issues, anger, penalties, Martin, beating his Ferrari to crap with a bat.

Ryan and his staff have not even met the players yet, there are a bunch of young ones, and is oblivious to what it might do to a chemistry he hasn't even observed yet. That's poor management and oddly impulsive.
-True, they can cut him if he's an issue, so there's that. And that is a BIG "that".

But Wood is a Captain and defended him ! Wood was around him for 3 games. That's 3...games. Bills didn't bring him back.

I'm not sure why people again think we signed young, teachable Incognito who is just misunderstood. That guy was years ago by now and time has passed with undeniable incidents.

But none of that stuff means I'm on a moral high horse, though I think the pro-Incognito's are wearing blinders.

YardRat
02-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Well, I did want the Bills to sign a FA guard whose last name started with an 'I' and ended with a vowel...I guess I should have been more specific when I wished upon that star.

DraftBoy
02-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Not an ideal first move.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Yep. And still better than anyone on our roster. I'm not even saying he's good, but he plays at an NFL level.

Depends on the context. School zone during the day endangers others and isn't much different than drunk driving. Empty highway without anyone else around, I guess they could still hurt somebody but mostly it's just them at risk. I'm more apt to chalk it up to dumb mistake than public menace.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 06:09 PM
If we are going to rely on Incognito and Chris Williams as our Guards next year, we are ****ed.

I want to see 2 top 5 FA Guards in here.

I think Incognito and Urbik will be our backups. Williams will be cut. And we will add 2 more offensive lineman (my preference is both as free agents but we may spend our second round pick on a prospect).

SpikedLemonade
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
I think Incognito and Urbik will be our backups. Williams will be cut. And we will add 2 more offensive lineman (my preference is both as free agents but we may spend our second round pick on a prospect).

That works for me.

I don't want them drafting a Guard in the 4th and pretend he can start immediately.

If we are going to rely on a run game with a weak QB, we absolutely need a very good OL.

Mace
02-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Yep. And still better than anyone on our roster. I'm not even saying he's good, but he plays at an NFL level.

Same thing though, that was a year and a half ago.

I'd be pleased if Incognito proves to be a manageable beast who finally learned his lesson, but I don't see it in his history.

To get sunshine susie a moment, a renewed, focused Incognito, with a Iupati who has something to prove gives me warm fuzzies on that line with Urbik for rotation and depth. Sunshine susie says Incognito gives them all a taste of mean and is working with Richardson, Kouandjio and Henderson to focus it from his past mistakes.

I just don't think it will work out that way, atm.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 06:35 PM
Same thing though, that was a year and a half ago.

I'd be pleased if Incognito proves to be a manageable beast who finally learned his lesson, but I don't see it in his history.
I'm not disagreeing. I think he'll be a dumpster fire on the field and in the locker room. But that's still an upgrade. Kraig Urbik was the only guard we have that played at a level that wasn't disappointing for a guy coming off the bench. If Urbik is a backup next season, I won't complain, I'd rather have a better backup than him, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

At no point should any of the guys that saw the field for us last season be starting.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 06:37 PM
That works for me.

I don't want them drafting a Guard in the 4th and pretend he can start immediately.

If we are going to rely on a run game with a weak QB, we absolutely need a very good OL.

Greg Roman was criticized for his inability to develop a passing game. He relied on the run game, and his running scheme was criticized as being overly complex. You don't bring him in as an OC without knowing that you MUST invest heavily in the Oline. It's one of the reasons I was comfortable with him as OC.

Mace
02-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I'm not disagreeing. I think he'll be a dumpster fire on the field and in the locker room. But that's still an upgrade. Kraig Urbik was the only guard we have that played at a level that wasn't disappointing for a guy coming off the bench. If Urbik is a backup next season, I won't complain, I'd rather have a better backup than him, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

At no point should any of the guys that saw the field for us last season be starting.

I think the only thing I'd waffle about is Urbik being fine at RG/depth until someone rises to replace him. He is not a mind blowing talent or perennial all-pro, but they acted crazy last year trying to get rid of him, stalling on using him, for no reason I could see with Pears starting there.

Marrone made a big crap about his best linemen being active weekly, Urbik always was, Richardson wasn't, and suddenly Richardson went in with Urbik on the bench. While leaving Pears the starting right guard, a position he had no business being at. Pears is not good either, but was serviceable at right tackle.

They ruined the whole right side of the line and dorked with the left because of it, to make a Pears of Henderson, a less than Urbik of Pears, and a less than Urbik of Richardson, before grudgngly using Urbik in the wrong place. All we needed for a decent o-line was a left guard once not so long ago, and to get there we screwed RT, RG and still didn't get LG, and suddenly the line looks terrible and needs rebuilding.

Urbik is not, and never was a stellar RG, but though it's fashionable to say so, he wasn't a terrible one either.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
I think the only thing I'd waffle about is Urbik being fine at RG/depth until someone rises to replace him. He is not a mind blowing talent or perennial all-pro, but they acted crazy last year trying to get rid of him, stalling on using him, for no reason I could see with Pears starting there.

Marrone made a big crap about his best linemen being active weekly, Urbik always was, Richardson wasn't, and suddenly Richardson went in with Urbik on the bench. While leaving Pears the starting right guard, a position he had no business being at. Pears is not good either, but was serviceable at right tackle.

They ruined the whole right side of the line and dorked with the left because of it, to make a Pears of Henderson, a less than Urbik of Pears, and a less than Urbik of Richardson, before grudgngly using Urbik in the wrong place. All we needed for a decent o-line was a left guard once not so long ago, and to get there we screwed RT, RG and still didn't get LG, and suddenly the line looks terrible and needs rebuilding.

Urbik is not, and never was a stellar RG, but though it's fashionable to say so, he wasn't a terrible one either.
It really depends what you ask of the Oline. Urbik could start for Chan Gailey. Gailey asked for 2 seconds of pass protection and to block the guy in front of him. He loved to pull but seemed to only ever use Andy for that. But Roman is going to ask a lot more. The entire offense is going to require the Oline to open holes using a complex scheme that involves a lot of trickery, traps and pulls.

That sure as **** doesn't sound like a scheme that fits Urbik. But I'll agree that we don't really know much about the talent we have since they were so poorly used.

Mace
02-07-2015, 08:13 PM
It really depends what you ask of the Oline. Urbik could start for Chan Gailey. Gailey asked for 2 seconds of pass protection and to block the guy in front of him. He loved to pull but seemed to only ever use Andy for that. But Roman is going to ask a lot more. The entire offense is going to require the Oline to open holes using a complex scheme that involves a lot of trickery, traps and pulls.

That sure as **** doesn't sound like a scheme that fits Urbik. But I'll agree that we don't really know much about the talent we have since they were so poorly used.

I think the best we're going to do here is that we hope this works out well, and I'm good with it.

jimmifli
02-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I think the best we're going to do here is that we hope this works out well, and I'm good with it.
I have more hope that Richardson learns to pass block (he was a decent run blocker) than I do for Urbik, but yeah I'm fine with hope. Hope has been the Bills off season plan for at least a decade, why change now.

Luisito23
02-08-2015, 05:54 AM
I don't care about his past, nor being "nice".

The guy's an upgrade and that's all that matters...

With this new owner, new coach and new aggressive attitude, I really can't wait for things to come.

It might not all work out, but damn, at least we're finally trying.

Dr. Lecter
02-08-2015, 08:43 AM
What makes a guy who's 32 and hasn't played in 18 months a definite upgrade?

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-08-2015, 09:23 AM
If you saw our o line last year (which you obviously did) and you saw how he's produced in the past, you wouldn't have to ask that question. As for being 32. True that's no spring chicken but 32 and a guard is not close to as bad as the same age in a running back. Point being, it's not super old for what he is

DraftBoy
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
If you saw our o line last year (which you obviously did) and you saw how he's produced in the past, you wouldn't have to ask that question. As for being 32. True that's no spring chicken but 32 and a guard is not close to as bad as the same age in a running back. Point being, it's not super old for what he is

The relevancy of his past production has to be a question because he hasn't played in 18 months. There isn't any workout that an OL can do to simulate what they do and at 32 there is no telling the condition of his knees.

kscdogbillsfan1221
02-08-2015, 09:59 AM
The relevancy of his past production has to be a question because he hasn't played in 18 months. There isn't any workout that an OL can do to simulate what they do and at 32 there is no telling the condition of his knees.

Fair point. But there is no question as to the production of our o line over the last 2 years.

DraftBoy
02-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Fair point. But there is no question as to the production of our o line over the last 2 years.

Agreed, its been absolute crap.

YardRat
02-08-2015, 01:28 PM

Guys named Urbik, Pears, Richardson, etc.

better days
02-08-2015, 02:29 PM

I think the fact Incognito hasn't played for the past 18 months is a positive considering his age.

There is no doubt his body has had a chance to heal with that rest.

stuckincincy
02-08-2015, 02:42 PM
I think the fact Incognito hasn't played for the past 18 months is a positive considering his age.

There is no doubt that for the last 18 months, nobody else wanted to have anything to do with him.

DraftBoy
02-08-2015, 03:37 PM

There is no positive to a player who is 32 years not playing for 18 months, imo.

Mr. Pink
02-08-2015, 06:33 PM
At worst, he turned into a turnstile...but that would be no different than the turnstiles that are already at guard.

I'm willing to bet he'll be better even with being 32 and away from the game for 18 months.

Mace
02-08-2015, 08:42 PM
There is no positive to a player who is 32 years not playing for 18 months, imo.

31, he turns 32 in July so we might get that extra pre-32 oomph.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-08-2015, 09:29 PM
At worst, he turned into a turnstile...but that would be no different than the turnstiles that are already at guard.

I'm willing to bet he'll be better even with being 32 and away from the game for 18 months.

No, the "worst" would be Incogntio turned into a turnstile, but signing him convinces OBD that we've addressed the position.

better days
02-08-2015, 11:08 PM
There is no doubt that for the last 18 months, nobody else wanted to have anything to do with him.

SO WHAT?

Teams are afraid of the PC police. No team has really given Incognito a chance to compete for a job in TC since the PC police have banished him.

better days
02-08-2015, 11:11 PM
No, the "worst" would be Incogntio turned into a turnstile, but signing him convinces OBD that we've addressed the position.

Do you REALLY think Rex will give Incognito a roster spot if he doesn't EARN it in TC?

WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?

IlluminatusUIUC
02-09-2015, 12:02 AM
Do you REALLY think Rex will give Incognito a roster spot if he doesn't EARN it in TC?

WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?

If we get all the way to TC and find out Incognito's lost it, then we could be in real trouble. They cannot rely on this signing.

swiper
02-09-2015, 03:54 AM
If we get all the way to TC and find out Incognito's lost it, then we could be in real trouble. They cannot rely on this signing.

At the vey least they must look for a guard for the future. How many 32 guards do you know of playing at a high level? How many 33 year olds? 34 year olds? If he plays, they get one year out of him.

jimmifli
02-09-2015, 10:26 AM

That would be the worst. But I think this points to something different. Right now the only thing they can do to fix the Oline is to sign guys that weren't on a roster at the end of the season. They've done that. Now we wait to see if they continue to improve during FA and the draft.

As I've mentioned before, you don't bring in Roman as your OC without knowing that his scheme lean heavily on the Oline. Without an upgrade our offense will get worse.

DraftBoy
02-09-2015, 11:02 AM
That would be the worst. But I think this points to something different. Right now the only thing they can do to fix the Oline is to sign guys that weren't on a roster at the end of the season. They've done that. Now we wait to see if they continue to improve during FA and the draft.

As I've mentioned before, you don't bring in Roman as your OC without knowing that his scheme lean heavily on the Oline. Without an upgrade our offense will get worse.

I think the worst would be if he has another incident here like he did in Miami. Then if the on the field stuff all sucks.

swiper
02-09-2015, 02:59 PM
I think the worst would be if he has another incident here like he did in Miami. Then if the on the field stuff all sucks.

He sat out 18 months. I'm sure the Pegulas had him agree to some pretty stiff behavior clauses.