PDA

View Full Version : It will be interesting to see when camp starts

Bufftp
07-20-2003, 08:19 AM
What kind of shape Sam Adams comes in, this is a crucial indicator of what level he can play at and for how long he can play at that level for the duration of the season.

Judge
07-20-2003, 08:23 AM
Good question. What's been his track record recent years at the start of camp?

Bufftp
07-20-2003, 08:49 AM
not good, heavy in oakland and that was the dig at him.

ublinkwescore
07-20-2003, 10:30 AM
Oakland probably just gave him a stupid contract that wasn't performance based like ours was - we basically said - you want to play for us and get paid - you keep your fat @$$ in shape, and on the field, and we'll pay you according to your performance.

In Tom We Trust.

ublinkwescore
07-20-2003, 10:32 AM
We should sit Sam Adams out of the Bengals game, and sit Pat Williams out of the Texans game that way they'll both stay fresher for a greater duration of the season.

It's not like we'll lose any of those games (although I was scared $#!+less during our Texans game last year).

ublinkwescore
07-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Or at least keep them out for half of both of those games.

ArcticWildMan
07-20-2003, 11:06 AM
The Bengals will not be the pushovers they have been in years past. They have some real talent on the team and a new attitude thanks to a new coach.

They will be this years Cinderella if they can get the QB situation worked out.

G. Host
07-20-2003, 11:08 AM
they will be able to let them rest. Until then they will need to stay in for the Bills can nor afford to take any chances with "lesser" teams. I mean it is not like we beat any teams with winning records other than Fish.

:chuckle: :finfan:

:gobills:

TigerJ
07-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Hasn't Adams had Bruce Smith syndrome for most of his career? You know, that mysterious ailment that seems to crop up every July and somehow prevents him from being able to participate in training camp. It can manifest as a contract squabble, surgery that he should have had in February yet somehow got delayed until June or so. The point is that Sam is signed and healthy. That in itself is a good sign.

The fact that Ron Edwards, a starter last year, is on the bench is good news I think Edwards and Bannan are going to get a fair amount of game time in an effort to keep Williams and Adams fresh. I think both of them will be better than last year. I think that will only help the starters and the overall productivity of this defensive line.

Dozerdog
07-20-2003, 01:35 PM
The Bengal game is one of the worst to sit out our best run defenders- it's the only thing the Bengals are good at- Corey Dillon and a decent line.

You want to keep them fresh? Let's blow a few teams out early for once. No nail biters. The other team will forgo the rush, and we will have our pash rush guys in for most the game.

Ð
07-20-2003, 01:39 PM
I agreesh! Pash rush is vry importinent

ublinkwescore
07-20-2003, 06:42 PM
You're trying too hard again D.

Give up - just let it come to you.