Debate: Would you trade Dareus this off season for a 2016 1st Rd pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Debate: Would you trade Dareus this off season for a 2016 1st Rd pick?

ESPN Insider posted an article on big splash moves in the AFC East that could make a team better and this was one of them. They offered that the extremely high contract he will command and his value being at a peak right now make this a move that could net a chance at a franchise QB in 1st round of the 2016 draft. Sited the amount of money wrapped up in the d-line right now and the fact that we need offensive help.

Not sure I agree with this idea but it makes you think. I think that 2016 draft will hold a handful of QB prospects that could be studs but I'm not sure it's worth the gamble of disrupting the d-line we have especially if we lose Hughes. When Marcell was out of the rotation you could tell.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Debate: Would you trade Dareus this off season for a 2016 1st Rd pick?

No thanks. The Raiders torched us on the ground with him out.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

No way.

If somebody wants Dareus, they better be sportin' a helluva lot more than one first rounder when they get to the table.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

Not unless it offered the opportunity to draft the 1st or 2nd QB (in a year where those QBs were worth the top picks) and even then... So essentially no, because the team making such a trade would require our 1st pick in return (ie Marcel would be the cost to move up). Looking at the top QBs taken in the past 10 years only Luck and Manning would be worth such a trade, maybe Ryan and Stafford.

Dareus has lived up to his draft pick, he's a rare talent and will be the anchor of the defensive line for almost another decade (he's only 24). Over much of that stretch he's likely to be the best or second best DT in the game. The odds we get equal value are quite low, Marcel and a 1st round pick for a 2/10 (or 4/10 if you're high on the importance of QB) shot at landing fair value? No thanks.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          No way.

If somebody wants Dareus, they better be sportin' a helluva lot more than one first rounder when they get to the table.
          Exactly. Dareus is one of the few players, if not the only player, on this team that's worth more than a 1st round pick.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
            ESPN Insider posted an article on big splash moves in the AFC East that could make a team better and this was one of them. They offered that the extremely high contract he will command and his value being at a peak right now make this a move that could net a chance at a franchise QB in 1st round of the 2016 draft. Sited the amount of money wrapped up in the d-line right now and the fact that we need offensive help.

Not sure I agree with this idea but it makes you think. I think that 2016 draft will hold a handful of QB prospects that could be studs but I'm not sure it's worth the gamble of disrupting the d-line we have especially if we lose Hughes. When Marcell was out of the rotation you could tell.
            Hmmm a trade two time Pro Bowl DT that is going to be turning 26 in November of this year for a draft pick in 2016 that is a complete unknown? No thanks, as losing Dareus in 2015 the hope it will help us in 2016 and beyond is a major gamble and one I'm not taking. As to me you to me an above average defense will always give you a better chance than an average or even above average offense which is the "franchise QB" we'd be getting in 2016. That said looking over the 2016 prospects am not sure any of the QBs are franchise guys. As Conner Cook is the top ranked guy but he doesn't look like a can't miss Andrew Luck type QB.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

For the #1 pick in the draft, I would think about trading Dareus.

Anything less than that & I would pass on that trade.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                For the #1 pick in the draft, I would think about trading Dareus.

Anything less than that & I would pass on that trade.
                Who would you pick with that?
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Considering Joey Bosa is likely to be the number 1 overall pick in 2016, trading for the first overall pick next year seems kinda dumb.

Jared Goff is a guy who is likely to get a lot of hype though who with another season like last years could find himself in the number 1 overall discussion.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Heck no.

Unless it is for #1 and a stud qb is there. And by that I mean Luck good, not Mariotta good.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

By the way, where are all the guys who wanted Dareus cut for smoking weed and coming to camp out of shape ?

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

This is one of the very few times I say pay the man. A first is not enough (of course if betterdays thinks its a good idea, you can be sure it isn't). Dareus is worth every cent on him. Moreover I would only ever think about it if there was a shot at getting a guy like Andrew Luck. And there is no player like that in the 2016 draft to my knowledge. Keep Dareus. ESPN is trolling.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          Who would you pick with that?
                          He'd pick his butt with that. Just what the village idiot always does.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Lets trade a sure thing for a maybe. No thanks but Tacklingdummy might want to.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Would be foolish to trade Dareus instead of signing him longterm. You can try to trade Mario but I doubt he'll fetch a 1st rounder like I got in Madden.

Comment

Working...
                              X