X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Brett Hundley

I am sorry if you like Brett Hundley then you like EJ Manual. They are the same guy in almost every category.

I realize that EJ will never be a top 5 or top 10 QB in the league but I believe that he could develop into an Andy Dalton Alex Smith type QB and be a top 16 QB, which is good enough in this league to compete for a playoff spot.

What we cannot have anymore is mid to low 20s QBs.

That being said i want no part of Hundley at all.
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Brett Hundley

I don't disagree. That said, I do think the Bills need another developmental QB prospect - and that prospect needs to be someone with far more upside than Tuel.

Comment

• DesertFox24
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by EDS View Post
      I don't disagree. That said, I do think the Bills need another developmental QB prospect - and that prospect needs to be someone with far more upside than Tuel.
      Not going to disagree but that guy can be had as an UDFA

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

The QB draft this year consists of 2 guys who will be gone in the first hour of the draft. To pick one with one of our 6 picks would be a waste. It's going to be a vet or 2, via FA or trade.

That being said, Manuel (with coaching help) better be working on his game since he has a strong chance of starting again.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Manual is a hard worker so I have confidence that he is working on his game like no other. That being said we need two vets like you said to compete with Manual, and I would like an undrafted QB to compete with Tuel. The guy I like is Rian Williams from Miami, he was supposed to start but tore ACL in spring ball. I think he has some potential is a big guy good arm and someone we can develop to be maybe a decent backup. I am not going to say a tony room or kurt warner because those are the exception, but he may be able to develop into a decent backup. I want him and Tuel to battle it out for the fourth spot in training camp in OTAs and rookie minicamp.

Comment

• Mad Max
            Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
            Manual is a hard worker so I have confidence that he is working on his game like no other. That being said we need two vets like you said to compete with Manual, and I would like an undrafted QB to compete with Tuel. The guy I like is Rian Williams from Miami, he was supposed to start but tore ACL in spring ball. I think he has some potential is a big guy good arm and someone we can develop to be maybe a decent backup. I am not going to say a tony room or kurt warner because those are the exception, but he may be able to develop into a decent backup. I want him and Tuel to battle it out for the fourth spot in training camp in OTAs and rookie minicamp.
            I don't know what people see in Hundley. I like his cross town rival Kessler MUCH more than Hundley.

Developmental guy this year- Brandon Bridge

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

I am sorry if you like Brett Hundley then you like EJ Manual. They are the same guy in almost every category.

I realize that EJ will never be a top 5 or top 10 QB in the league but I believe that he could develop into an Andy Dalton Alex Smith type QB and be a top 16 QB, which is good enough in this league to compete for a playoff spot.

What we cannot have anymore is mid to low 20s QBs.

That being said i want no part of Hundley at all.
              You're right. Both guys could have used another like 3 years in college, both raw, accuracy issues, both appear to be coach killers

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Not interested in any QB this draft.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                  • Sep 2010

Who is Manual? Also curious as to
                  who this Darius fellow is people keep talking about.
                  Originally posted by OpIv37
                  You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Parzival
                    This is a list: They're my demands
                    • Aug 2012

I don't want Hundley either, but he's bigger, stronger and faster than E.J. They're not the same player. Definitely a developmental guy and not what the Bills need to be looking for IMO.
                    Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

I posted this before, but for those that did not see it, Jim Kelly & Rex Ryan both addressed EJ on WGR the other day.

Kelly said the offensive system is the most important thing. That a QB could be great in one system & terrible in a different system.

Kelly said only a few QB's like Tom Brady would be successful no matter the system.

Kelly did not say it outright, but he gave the impression that EJ was in the wrong system last year.

Kelly also said he thinks EJ can improve.

Rex said EJ is an athletic QB with the ability to move. He said EJ needs to use his feet more this year.

He said EJ needs to learn how to slide & to learn when it is better to slide or go out of bounds & when you need to go for the extra yard.

Rex said he thinks EJ will improve with the Coaching he will get from Roman & his QB Coach.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Parzival View Post
                        I don't want Hundley either, but he's bigger, stronger and faster than E.J. They're not the same player. Definitely a developmental guy and not what the Bills need to be looking for IMO.
                        Hundley: 6'3 226. Says he "hopes" to run a 4.55 40
                        EJ: 6'5 236, ran a 4.59 40 with an impressive 21 reps on the bench press
                        so no, Hundley is NOT bigger, probably not stronger or faster

Comment

• Bill Cody
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          I posted this before, but for those that did not see it, Jim Kelly & Rex Ryan both addressed EJ on WGR the other day.

Kelly said the offensive system is the most important thing. That a QB could be great in one system & terrible in a different system.

Kelly said only a few QB's like Tom Brady would be successful no matter the system.

Kelly did not say it outright, but he gave the impression that EJ was in the wrong system last year.

Kelly also said he thinks EJ can improve.

Rex said EJ is an athletic QB with the ability to move. He said EJ needs to use his feet more this year.

He said EJ needs to learn how to slide & to learn when it is better to slide or go out of bounds & when you need to go for the extra yard.

Rex said he thinks EJ will improve with the Coaching he will get from Roman & his QB Coach.
                          this is all fine but accuracy is by far EJ's biggest issue both in the pocket and particularly rolling out. He needs like a million reps of everything.

Comment

Working...
                          X