PDA

View Full Version : Enroth to Dallas

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 02:37 PM
For Lindback and a conditional pick.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Got to get rid of any player who might help get a win this year.

Disgraceful!

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Ummm. What are the conditions?

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 02:40 PM

Disgraceful!

He has an expiring contract. Chill out

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Ummm. What are the conditions?

The Sabres should really continue to thumb their nose at the NHL by making the favourable condition to Dallas be that the Sabres end up in last place.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 02:42 PM
He has an expiring contract. Chill out

Every contract is an expiring contract to you just as every Sabres prospect will be a star.

In the end, what the Sabres traded today were worth a fraction of what you thought they were worth.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Every contract is an expiring contract to you just as every Sabres prospect will be a star.

In the end, what the Sabres traded today were worth a fraction of what you thought they were worth.

So basically, you don't care about the specifics as long as it suits your trolling agenda. Got it.

I'm not sure why this is hard to grasp, but you sure seem to struggle with it.

DetDannyWilliams
02-11-2015, 02:46 PM
For Lindback and a conditional pick.

The pick is a 3rd rounder, Sabres now have a 3rd round pick Third round was the only round the Sabres didn't have a pick in.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 02:47 PM
The pick is a 3rd rounder

Meh. Bout what he's worth.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Bum goalie on an expiring contract for a bum goalie on an expiring contract...

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Lindbeck is apparently one of the worse goalies in the NHL.

The Sabres probably plan to start him immediately.

Talking Proud Buffalo!

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 02:53 PM

Talking Proud Buffalo!

They're about the same, tbh.

It's a lateral move with a 3rd round pick kicker, nothing more, nothing less.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Go troll somewhere else.

SpikedLemonade

Sure it does.

Enroth won the Sabres some games this year when he was hot otherwise the gap between Buffalo and Edmonton would have been much more than the current 4 points.

When you compare the 2 teams, the gap should be much larger.

Enroth kept it closer.

Dude
They can re-sign Enroth in the offseason.

Dude
02-11-2015, 02:56 PM

Talking Proud Buffalo!It must really bother you that the Sabres are going to get one of the two generational players in the upcoming draft? I can't think of any other reason to troll fans of a last place team.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Sure it does.

Enroth won the Sabres some games this year when he was hot otherwise the gap between Buffalo and Edmonton would have been much more than the current 4 points.

When you compare the 2 teams, the gap should be much larger.

Enroth kept it closer.

Lindback is a career 36-43-5 .901 2.84 goalie
Enroth is a career 38-56-14 .910 2.92 goalie

Completely lateral move. Enroth wasn't gonna win this team a couple more games than Lindback would.

Dude
02-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Extra draft pick. Sabres will lose regardless of who's between the pipes.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Extra draft pick. Sabres will lose regardless of who's between the pipes.

I can see that point even though 3rd round picks are generally meaningless in the NHL.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 03:02 PM
It must really bother you that the Sabres are going to get one of the two generational players in the upcoming draft? I can't think of any other reason to troll fans of a last place team.

Just the way the Sabres have chosen to become a last place team for 2 years running.

Or are you going to suggest the Sabres are just victims here?

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Read this on HF Boards and LMAO...

"It's interesting.

Taylor Hall gets injured.

Buffalo counters by trading their best player for an injured player.

They follow that up by trading for the goalie whom TB and Dallas fans will tell you is the worst in the league.

Effin masterpiece of a tank.

Let's see what Mac comes back with. But I think he's in over his head against Tank Master Murray."

DetDannyWilliams
02-11-2015, 03:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/492678968437248000/bIrMy3zt_normal.jpegBob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie) · 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/565628249741750273)

If Jonas Enroth wins 4 playoff games for DAL, BUF gets 2nd round pick instead of 3rd. That's the condition. But BUF guaranteed at least 3rd.

Dude
02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Just the way the Sabres have chosen to become a last place team for 2 years running.

Or are you going to suggest the Sabres are just victims here?No, they are rebuilding. Last year they sucked because our ignoramus GM at the time ****ed up the roster. This season they are starting the process if reversing the damage.

So you're a Bruins fan, correct? They may make the playoffs. Congrats. The Sabres won't, and no intelligent Sabres fan had any expectation that they would. Their place in the standings really has no effect on you or the team you root for, so your constant trolling here just makes you look like an *******. Be better than that.

coastal
02-11-2015, 03:12 PM
why not work to resign Enroth?

Dude
02-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Entirely possible they had that conversation.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Another beauty from the HF Boards...

Who else can they trade? Come on Buffalo, clean it completely out! I want them to move so many players that they have to dress a draft pick that hasn't even been picked yet!

Nolan walks onto the ice and puts down a piece of paper at the face off circle that says "2015 1st round draft pick" on it.

DetDannyWilliams
02-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Reunited and it feels so good...Enroth reunited with Lindy

Dude
02-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Another beauty from the HF Boards...

Who else can they trade? Come on Buffalo, clean it completely out! I want them to move so many players that they have to dress a draft pick that hasn't even been picked yet!

Nolan walks onto the ice and puts down a piece of paper at the face off circle that says "2015 1st round draft pick" on it.
I don't believe the league has invalidated either trade so obviously they aren't doing anything wrong.

What kind of reaction are you looking for here? Or are you just flexing your internet penis?

coastal
02-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Entirely possible they had that conversation.
Puhlease...

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 03:27 PM

Why even bother? Enroth isn't really any good.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Or are you just flexing your internet penis?

At his age, that can't be easy

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Stupid. Lindback isn't anything special, but he's better than Enroth IMHO. Well, he's at least got size. Enroth is small and he ain't that good.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Stupid. Lindback isn't anything special, but he's better than Enroth IMHO.

Really?

Doesn't seem to be the popular opinion on HF or TSN.

I personally thought Enroth won a few games for you guys this year where he stood on his head.

Is he a top 10 NHL goalie? No, but he is by far the best you guys got.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Now resign neuvirth and ill be happy.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Really? Doesn't seem to be the popular opinion on HF or TSN.
Yeah really. Don't you work? Or is trolling the internet your profession.?

I personally thought Enroth won a few games for you guys this year where he stood on his head.
He won a few games? Wow, stop the presses. You're right! This is a tragedy!

Is he a top 10 NHL goalie?
He's not even a top 100 goalie.

He wouldn't even be top 10 in the AHL. Maybe ECHL.

Enroth: 118 games, 38-56-14 (0.351), 2.92 GAA, .910 Sv%
Lindback: 95 games, 36-43-5 (0.428), 2.84 GAA, .901 Sv%

If Lindback didn't have about 8 inches on Enroth, you couldn't pick either out of a lineup.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Was Lindback put on waivers this year?

coastal
02-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Enroth isn't a bad goalie folks.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Initially he was not offered a new contract, but Ruff talked Nill out of it by revealing to him his secret plan to use Lindback as bait to get Enroth.

The Stars' road to the cup begins.

coastal
02-11-2015, 03:52 PM
If I were GM I would have made it a priority to sign Enroth. Then again I would have sold Miller on finishing his career in Buffalo.

But then again... I would approach building a hockey team by looking the the people that play the game.... not their metrics.

this is where Murray is going to fail IMO.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Enroth isn't a bad goalie folks.

He's not a good goalie either. This is a meh trade and the troll seems to think it's something way more than it is...which is a mediocre goalie for a mediocre goalie. Both were about equally touted leading up to the draft and Lindback fell off a bit due to a medical diagnosis of Still's disease. Both have been career backups, flashes of potential interspersed with stretches of more mediocrity.

DetDannyWilliams
02-11-2015, 03:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/532243809112166400/DD9FAvoo_normal.jpegBuffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres (https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres) · 5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/565640242892636160)

Murray would like to see more from Neuvirth to help make a decision on how to proceed with him as well. <s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 121, 144); ">#</s>BUFtrade (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BUFtrade?src=hash)

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 03:59 PM
If I were GM I would have made it a priority to sign Enroth. Then again I would have sold Miller on finishing his career in Buffalo.

But then again... I would approach building a hockey team by looking the the people that play the game.... not their metrics.

this is where Murray is going to fail IMO.

So your priority would have been locking up a guy who's really a backup goalie to a long term deal as the starter?

Your team wouldn't escape the second round of the playoffs for the length of Enroth's contract.

Overvaluing and overpaying stiffs is what put this franchise into the position it is presently, all of you Sabre fans should be ecstatic over both trades today as it is a complete 180 from the direction of this organization under Regier and Ruff.

trapezeus
02-11-2015, 04:19 PM
you are betting on enroth to win the gig and get them into the playoffs and possibly winning a series. i thought enroth did good for the amount of help he actually got on any given night.

if the sabres can get the 2nd round pick, that'd be something.

and we'll see how they continue to package these picks.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 04:27 PM
No way Enroth wins four playoff games so we can forget that. Let's back-of-th-envelope it anyway...

Stars make the playoffs...30%
The Stars knock of the Preds, not likely but the Preds usually choke so let's say...25%
Enroth gets in four games for some reason...0.00000001%
Enroth wins four games...5%.

Punch that into the old abacus and...

Crap, the damn thing broke.

Skooby
02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
We can now officially start our new losing streak.

coastal
02-11-2015, 04:38 PM
So your priority would have been locking up a guy who's really a backup goalie to a long term deal as the starter?

Your team wouldn't escape the second round of the playoffs for the length of Enroth's contract.

Overvaluing and overpaying stiffs is what put this franchise into the position it is presently, all of you Sabre fans should be ecstatic over both trades today as it is a complete 180 from the direction of this organization under Regier and Ruff.
You know ****.

I would have locked up Miller and would have done the same with Enroth.

And today the Sabres goalie situation would be worlds better than the sh1t stain that remains at the position now.

Murray is going to piss a lot of people off along the way to building his little temple of metrics. I'm seeing nothing from him that shows he knows how to build an organization of people.

Time will tell though.

coastal
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
As far as Enroth... I hope Dallas makes the playoffs and he wins a series or two.

Not so we can get a 2nd rounder out of the deal... but as a **** you to all of those fans who are more than willing to dismiss him on his way out the door.

****ing short ass little goalie played his ass of for this team.

SpikedLemonade
02-11-2015, 04:42 PM

You only do that if you have integrity and want to win games.

That wasn't the brilliant 2 year plan in Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
As far as Enroth... I hope Dallas makes the playoffs and he wins a series or two.

Not so we can get a 2nd rounder out of the deal... but as a **** you to all of those fans who are more than willing to dismiss him on his way out the door.

Enroth won't even start a playoff game so if Dallas wins a series or two it will be because of Kari Lehtonen anyway.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Why would Dallas start enroth over lehtonen?

rbochan
02-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Poor Jonas. Stuck playing for #$^#% Mindy Fluff again. He'll get to play 2 more games this season. Prolly back to backs.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Well...ain't gonna happen.

**** you to all of those fans who are more than willing to dismiss him on his way out the door.
What do you want to do? Throw him a party?

Damn, smoke a bong will ya? This is nothing to get upset about.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 04:54 PM
You know ****.

And today the Sabres goalie situation would be worlds better than the sh1t stain that remains at the position now.

Murray is going to piss a lot of people off along the way to building his little temple of metrics. I'm seeing nothing from him that shows he knows how to build an organization of people.

Time will tell though.

About this...and the Sabres would still be on the outside looking in on the playoffs with Miller in net anyway.

The Sabres were 15-22 last season with Miller in net so it's not like he was winning games on his own or taking this team anywhere.

Is Miller better than Enroth, Neuvrith, Lindback? Obviously. But he's not an elite goalie who's gonna carry a team on his back to the playoffs and beyond. And with where the rest of the organization is, what's the point in keeping a guy around who will get you to 30 wins a season, staying home, and picking 10th every year until he retires?

If you want to argue that the Sabres should have kept Halak instead of trading him for Klesla and Neuvrith, I'm with you 100%.

Downinfloflo
02-11-2015, 04:57 PM

Stewart and a 2nd should do it.

gebobs
02-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Is Miller better than Enroth, Neuvrith, Lindback? Obviously. But he's not an elite goalie who's gonna carry a team on his back to the playoffs and beyond. And with where the rest of the organization is, what's the point in keeping a guy around who will get you to 30 wins a season, staying home, and picking 10th every year until he retires?
Heck, Miller might be home watching Enroth sit the bench in the playoffs. The Stars are only a few points back of Vancouver.

JATMtheJATM
02-11-2015, 05:20 PM
I feel more confident in neuvirths long term outlook over enroth. Enroth was solid, but he reached his ceiling. It's time to move on, but I appreciate his efforts in buffalo. Happy trails Jonas.

snow1989
02-12-2015, 12:57 AM
I don't know why anyone would say we should have 'locked up' Miller. It was no secret he wanted out, and also wanted to be closer to his wife. Preferably LA, San Jose, but both were solid in goal. St Louis only provided him a chance to get into the play-offs and I don't believe he had any notion of resigning with them. So he ends up in Vancouver and has a decent, but not great season.....personally I don't think his heart is in it anymore and he's trailed off and most likely will continue his down spiral.

Enroth is mediocre....good night, bad night....lacks real consistency, but can steal a game here and there. Lehtenon has been having some breakdown issues with soft goals so if Enroth gets into a hot streak it is possible Lindy tries to ride him. Either way we get a third, or possibly a second rd. pick and Lindback who is pretty much a taller version of Enroth. ( good night, bad night etc )

I look for Murray to be trying to make a deal for a starting goalie between now and next season,, but finishing up the season with what we have.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2015, 06:27 AM
He's not a good goalie either. This is a meh trade and the troll seems to think it's something way more than it is...which is a mediocre goalie for a mediocre goalie. Both were about equally touted leading up to the draft and Lindback fell off a bit due to a medical diagnosis of Still's disease. Both have been career backups, flashes of potential interspersed with stretches of more mediocrity.

Currently Enroth is way better. Look at the stats for the last two years.

Look at this for what it is - a trade of a goalie for a 3rd round pick, witht he guy he was displaying thrown in to get the Sabres through the rest of the season.

A goalie like Enroth is probably worth a 3rd round pick so this trade is fine.

As for him not being a top 100 goalie don't be silly. He's a capable NHL goalie. A not top 100 goalie is a AHL back up.

He's a fringe starter/good back up. I would liken him to a Ryan FItzpatrick.

Dude
02-12-2015, 06:31 AM
The Sabres are no worse without Enroth. And if he's so great they can try to re-sign him in the offseason.

Night Train
02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Classic dump for a 3rd rounder, with an outside shot at a 2nd. The goalie in return is a long shot but does have the size Murray covets at the position. Plus they have so many Golaies already in the system.

Murray did not like Enroth (small) and had zero intention of offering him a new deal.

ParanoidAndroid
02-12-2015, 08:38 AM
You only do that if you have integrity and want to win games.

That wasn't the brilliant 2 year plan in Buffalo.

Did you see what this team was like just before we started trading them? You're right. What I wouldn't give to have Vanek, Miller, Pominville, and Erhoff back so we can watch another 12th place divisional finish and have half the young talent we have now which would guarantee our perpetual state of mediocrity. That would make a troll Bruins fan feel better, eh?

ParanoidAndroid
02-12-2015, 08:41 AM
....oh! And Ville Leino. We CAN'T forget that gem.

OpIv37
02-12-2015, 08:48 AM
We get it. Spiked thinks the Sabres are intentionally tanking and he doesn't like it. Can we get back to discussing hockey now?

Seriously, Spiked- you are making every thread in this forum into a debate about tanking. Every single one. It's getting really old.

JATMtheJATM
02-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Enroth may come back this summer after all.
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-sabres-goalie-jhonas-enroth-could-fit-well-with-stars/

OpIv37
02-12-2015, 10:31 AM
I really don't care if we get him back or not. Enroth never really impressed me. He certainly isn't completely useless but I have my doubts on him being an NHL starter.

The key here is whether we emerge from this with equal or better goaltending for next year. I don't know anything about Linders aside from his stat line. Career-wise he's on par with Enroth. This year, Enroth's stats are better, so it seems unlikely that Linders is the answer.

coastal
02-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Enroth may come back this summer after all.
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/former-sabres-goalie-jhonas-enroth-could-fit-well-with-stars/

"Nobody buys into this tanking stuff. These guys want to win. ~ Tim Murray

:rofl:

Dr. Who
02-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Tanking in a year where McDavid and Eichel are at the top of the draft is the smart thing to do.
Even better if it irritates Bruins and Leafs fans.

gebobs
02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
As for him not being a top 100 goalie don't be silly. He's a capable NHL goalie. A not top 100 goalie is a AHL back up.
Exaggeration for effect. Maybe more like 50th. Enroth is a backup. He was born for the role and can expect a long career doing just that. You're right, he's better than Lindback.

As for Lindback, yeah. I feel for him. He was a good prospect until he got Still's. He probably won't be in the league for long.

Look at this for what it is - a trade of a goalie for a 3rd round pick, with the guy he was displaying thrown in to get the Sabres through the rest of the season. A goalie like Enroth is probably worth a 3rd round pick so this trade is fine.

OK, concur.

snow1989
02-12-2015, 11:49 PM
I really don't care if we get him back or not. Enroth never really impressed me. He certainly isn't completely useless but I have my doubts on him being an NHL starter.

I'd say he's slightly above average, and is a good back-up who could fill in decently during an injury etc. And just a thought......but has anyone thought he just might be a bit better if he wasn't facing 30 plus shots every night??

OpIv37
02-13-2015, 08:16 AM
I'd say he's slightly above average, and is a good back-up who could fill in decently during an injury etc. And just a thought......but has anyone thought he just might be a bit better if he wasn't facing 30 plus shots every night??
Yeah I like Enroth as a back up. I just think there are a lot of other guys out there who are on the same level and if we can't re-sign him, he won't be that hard to replace in the off-season.