PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Pick In The 2nd and 3rd Rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft?

BillsImpossible
02-11-2015, 06:35 PM
Would you choose the best player available no matter what the position, or go all in on offense because the Bills defense is stacked?

I'd go all in on offense, but the Bills have a defensive minded coach and a defensive minded GM.

If the Bills have a defensive player ranked higher on their draft board, should they take him even though they don't need him?

Tough to say, but here we go.

Guard? Not now. Looks like the Bills filled a huge hole with Incognito damage glue and will address the other guard position in free agency because better players are available.

Running Back? Yes, but not in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Too many teams have found excellent running backs without spending high draft picks on them.

Fred Jackson was one of them, but how many times have the Bills drafted running backs too early and too often? About 3 too many, but this draft is so freaking enticing when it comes to running back!

Tight End or Quarterback in the 2nd round?

Gotta' go QB. Get the ball rolling. Maxx Williams won't be on the board come time for the Bills to make their 2nd round selection.

QB Garrett Grayson would be my 2nd round pick.

TE Nick O'Leary would be my 3rd round pick.

Go Bills.

Who do you pick for the Bills in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago?

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 07:14 PM
I'll bite...

2. Tre Jackson G FSU

3. Trey Flowers DE/OLB Arkansas

YardRat
02-11-2015, 07:17 PM
I like Jackson too.

Mr. Pink
02-11-2015, 07:22 PM
I like Jackson too.

It's a pick that makes sense and I actually think he bolster the o-line nicely...even if Incognito is back to pre-locker room douchebag form, he's old and won't be around long and both spots needed help.

The third round is a crapshoot pick but I think a pass rusher, especially with Hughes likely out, makes the most sense. There are a few names who are pretty interchangeable in my mind right now so I just went with one of them. Flowers, Lorenzo Mauldin and Danielle Hunter.

BillsImpossible
02-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Clint Boling or the next Ruben Brown?

Sleepless in Buffalo...

The Jokeman
02-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Who's been taken before our picks? What have we done in UFA? It's so hard to say who I want for sure now.

As things stand now OG AJ Cann or LB Hauoli Kikaha are two guys I like at pick 50 if we don't sign any UFAs OG and lose Hughes. Pick 81 is harder to forecast but OG Josue Matias and RB Jay Ajayi are interesting names.

k-oneputt
02-12-2015, 04:48 PM
With Inco. on board they are not drafting a guard in rd.2, with Kujo and Richardson also there.

jamze132
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
**** it, just trade both picks to get into the bottom of the 1st RD.

ParanoidAndroid
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Iupati will be a Bill.

#50 Devin Funchess TE, Michigan

#81 Hau'Oli Kikaha DE/OLB, Washington

BillsImpossible
02-12-2015, 08:10 PM
**** it, just trade both picks to get into the bottom of the 1st RD.

Waiting for the punchline. Who do the Bills pick after giving up their 2nd and 3rd round picks?

BillsImpossible
02-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Iupati will be a Bill.

#50 Devin Funchess TE, Michigan

#81 Hau'Oli Kikaha DE/OLB, Washington

Iupati isn't very good as a pass blocker. I'd rather pay Wisniewski the kind of money Iupati will get.

paladin warrior
02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
2nd round -RB or T.E . 3rd - T.E or RB ., I wish Buffalo Bills find way get 1st round pick this year , if Buffalo Bills get 1st round pick . Get OG in 1st round pick .

Mace
02-12-2015, 10:39 PM
I think they're going for a long snapper. A guy who can snap that ball a long way to long snap better than our present long snapper who snaps long adequately but doesn't snap long well enough to fit the vision of long snapping for the next decade of snapping long.

stuckincincy
02-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Would you choose the best player available no matter what the position, or go all in on offense because the Bills defense is stacked?
I'd go all in on offense, but the Bills have a defensive minded coach and a defensive minded GM.
If the Bills have a defensive player ranked higher on their draft board, should they take him even though they don't need him?
Tough to say, but here we go.
Guard? Not now. Looks like the Bills filled a huge hole with Incognito damage glue and will address the other guard position in free agency because better players are available.
Running Back? Yes, but not in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Too many teams have found excellent running backs without spending high draft picks on them.
Fred Jackson was one of them, but how many times have the Bills drafted running backs too early and too often? About 3 too many, but this draft is so freaking enticing when it comes to running back!
Tight End or Quarterback in the 2nd round?
Gotta' go QB. Get the ball rolling. Maxx Williams won't be on the board come time for the Bills to make their 2nd round selection.
QB Garrett Grayson would be my 2nd round pick.
TE Nick O'Leary would be my 3rd round pick.
Go Bills.

Who do you pick for the Bills in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the 2015 NFL Draft in Chicago?

Good questions.

2nd rnd - Perhaps a DT. K Williams is getting long in the tooth. Possibly a RB?

3rd rnd - A "touted" TE? I know that BUf has drafted a lot of them through the years...lower rounds save Tony Hunter as their 31 in 1983 and Kevin Everett as their #3 in 2005. One of our posters favors obtaining CIN's Jermaine Gresham. There are things to like about him, but his clutch performances in playoff games leaves a lot to be desired, as well as his apparent propensity to not play with - in the minds of some - questionable injuries. He also has a history of garnering costly penalties in key situations. If memory serves, he's up there in most penalties by TE's.

He reminds me of an old saying..."The little girl with the pretty curl...when she's good, she's oh so good, but when she's bad, she's oh so bad." You folks with young daughters understand that. :D:

Mahdi
02-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Best player available.

Don't care who it is. CB, S, DT, DE, OL, QB, WR, TE, RB, LB

jamze132
02-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Waiting for the punchline. Who do the Bills pick after giving up their 2nd and 3rd round picks?

No punchline. This draft is a waste for us unless you love drafting nothing but projects and punt catchers. No starters will be drafted (unless the incumbent gets hurt) because our first pick isn't until more than halfway through the 2nd RD. I would rather get a 1st rounder rather than two players from the 2nd and 3rd, considering where we are in the draft. If we were picking in the top 10 in each round, I doubt I would make the move, but since we're so low, I would trade to get into the 1st so this draft isn't a total waste.

Joe Fo Sho
02-13-2015, 02:05 PM
No punchline. This draft is a waste for us unless you love drafting nothing but projects and punt catchers. No starters will be drafted (unless the incumbent gets hurt) because our first pick isn't until more than halfway through the 2nd RD. I would rather get a 1st rounder rather than two players from the 2nd and 3rd, considering where we are in the draft. If we were picking in the top 10 in each round, I doubt I would make the move, but since we're so low, I would trade to get into the 1st so this draft isn't a total waste.

Are you saying that there will be no quality starters found in this years draft in rounds 2-7?

kingJofNYC
02-13-2015, 02:40 PM
We're taking a RB with one of our first two picks, unless Spiller is resigned that is.

Mace
02-13-2015, 08:48 PM
No punchline. This draft is a waste for us unless you love drafting nothing but projects and punt catchers. No starters will be drafted (unless the incumbent gets hurt) because our first pick isn't until more than halfway through the 2nd RD.

This is flatly incorrect. The starting long snapper for the next decade is there for the taking with a good scouting staff.

jamze132
02-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Are you saying that there will be no quality starters found in this years draft in rounds 2-7?
I'm saying that we will not get an instant starter in RD2 if we stay put, unless we reach for a G which could be had later.

Night Train
02-16-2015, 03:45 AM
I posted my listing a while back on interior OL.

My list of Interior OL players I would be pleased to see drafted by the Bills. These guys could be starters sooner than later.

OG A.J. Cann - South Carolina - 6-3 311
OG Tre Jackson - Fla. St. - 6-4 323
OG Laken Tomlinson - Duke - 6-3 323
OG John Miller - Louisville - 6-3 325
OG Adam Shead - Oklahoma - 6-4 339
C/G B.J. Finney - Kansas St.- 6-4 324
C/G Shaq Mason - Georgia Tech - 6-2 310
C/G Max Garcia - Florida - 6-5 305

The first 4 are Round 2-3 types. The last 4 are Round 4-7 types. I don't care about their measurables. I care about their ability on the field.

If the Bills can't sign one of the top OG's in FA, I do see very real options in this draft. Solid group of interior lineman with ability.

If we don't sign one in FA, (outside of Incognito), then we need to use at least 2 of our 6 picks on them draft weekend. I like Wood at C but wonder if they're thinking of moving on (6 Mil cap hit) after watching him struggle in run blocking last year. Also was pushed into the backfield by bigger DT's/NG's.

New staff may want to overhaul the OL and I can't blame them when they plan on running the football.

The Jokeman
02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
I posted my listing a while back on interior OL.

My list of Interior OL players I would be pleased to see drafted by the Bills. These guys could be starters sooner than later.

OG A.J. Cann - South Carolina - 6-3 311
OG Tre Jackson - Fla. St. - 6-4 323
OG Laken Tomlinson - Duke - 6-3 323
OG John Miller - Louisville - 6-3 325
OG Adam Shead - Oklahoma - 6-4 339
C/G B.J. Finney - Kansas St.- 6-4 324
C/G Shaq Mason - Georgia Tech - 6-2 310
C/G Max Garcia - Florida - 6-5 305

The first 4 are Round 2-3 types. The last 4 are Round 4-7 types. I don't care about their measurables. I care about their ability on the field.

If the Bills can't sign one of the top OG's in FA, I do see very real options in this draft. Solid group of interior lineman with ability.

If we don't sign one in FA, (outside of Incognito), then we need to use at least 2 of our 6 picks on them draft weekend. I like Wood at C but wonder if they're thinking of moving on (6 Mil cap hit) after watching him struggle in run blocking last year. Also was pushed into the backfield by bigger DT's/NG's.

New staff may want to overhaul the OL and I can't blame them when they plan on running the football.

If Caan would fall to pick 50 I'd be very happy yet have a feeling he might go a few picks before us to the 49ers if they lose Iupati. I'm not as sold on Gabe Jackson as the rest on the board.