• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Rex says more additions coming on offense

“We have some pieces in place on the outside (wide receiver), but it starts on the offensive line,” Ryan said. “We added Incognito, we have a couple of young tackles that I feel really good about and then obviously you’ve got Eric Wood at center, but we may be bringing in some other pieces as well.”

Ryan believes the offensive line needs to set the tone on that side of the ball, so they’re trying to upgrade the talent up front across the board.
    “When your offensive line is the strength of your offense you’re able to dictate to people whether your run the football or protect the quarterback and throw the ball down the field,” he said.

“Will EJ Manuel have an opportunity to win the job? I think he will. He’ll be given an opportunity certainly and I think he’s going to improve under the leadership of Greg Roman the offensive coordinator,” Ryan said. “David Lee is one of the best fundamental quarterback coaches there is so I think he’s going to improve that way."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • GreedoII
    • Aug 2007

Re: Rex says more additions coming on offense

o-line and TE I believe....QB only by trade if the opportunity is there..or Manning if he's released...

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

It would help EJ tremendously if we had a TE who was able to pick up YAC.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Agree with the TE thinking. Murphy had a recap on his radio show last night and seemed to indicate a bunch of TE/H-Back types are out there in FA. Still like the late season aquisition Gray.

OL could be had in the draft. I posted my thoughts earlier on all the quality I viewed throughout the college season, with many solid interior lineman showing in Rounds 2-3 and even in the late rounds. That's why I temper my thinking with OG in FA, since Williams is coming back off IR and Incognito was just signed.

FA may be the route for TE/H-Back, Safety ( in case of Searcy not coming back ) and DE/LB (if Hughes leaves).

Still must think forward, with Dareus needing the new large deal within the next year and deserving it. Must leave the cap space for that and he won't come cheap.

Hoping Hughes and Searcy stay, personally.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Rex also said the STRENGTHS of the team will be the Defense & the OL.

I expect a big FA signing as soon as FA opens up for the OL.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Rex also said the STRENGTHS of the team will be the Defense & the OL.

I expect a big FA signing as soon as FA opens up for the OL.
            Honestly, assuming that Incognito can get back close to where he was, we're one guard short of a pretty impressive OL. I'd expect Henderson to take another step forward this year, Glenn is great, and Wood is at least above average.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

I still think the Chris Williams signing was a mistake. Health issues aside, he was really not very good in St. Louis. I think they were hoping he'd do a Jerry Hughes and finally live up to his draft billing. If we sign an Iupati or someone like that I would expect that Williams gets cut.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Henderson struggled a lot last season. Wasn't anything more than a serviceable RT.

Glenn was not the player he was 2 years ago.

We need at least 2 FA signings and 2 drafted players.

Id like to add Rodney Hudson to center and move Wood to RG. Or sign Orlando Franklin or Clint Boling.

As for Ritchie Incognito this is what PFF said when he was suspended:

Richie Incognito, Dolphins LG (Suspension)
                Replacement: Nate Garner

What They’re Losing: Though Incognito suffered no injury, he is a roster loss that now needs to be replaced on the field. He didn’t deserve a trip to the Pro Bowl last season, but he has consistently brought above-average production and has the eighth-highest grade of any left guard this season.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                  Henderson struggled a lot last season. Wasn't anything more than a serviceable RT.

Id like to add Rodney Hudson to center and move Wood to RG. Or sign Orlando Franklin or Clint Boling.

What They’re Losing: Though Incognito suffered no injury, he is a roster loss that now needs to be replaced on the field. He didn’t deserve a trip to the Pro Bowl last season, but he has consistently brought above-average production and has the eighth-highest grade of any left guard this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...an-up-week-10/
                  Yeah, agree re Glenn but I think it's hard to accurately evaluate one player on an OL when the guy next to him sucks. And Henderson was a rookie....serviceable as a rookie is a good start. I think it's a good bet that he'll take another step forward. Also, as a late rounder he's cheap, and would help offset the cost of an expensive RG signing

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

I'd love to see efforts made for Iupati and one of either Julius Thomas or Jordan Cameron. If Hughes is getting anything close to $10 million, we have to let him go.... I bet Orakpo could be brought in on the relative cheap with lots of incentives in his contract. He's got a lot to prove and Ryan is the perfect guy to let him prove it.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...an-up-week-10/
                      Eric Wood said Incognito will bring a toughness to the Bills OL.

I think that is the reason Rex wanted him on the Bills.

Rex has said the Bills will be a tough aggressive team that other teams won't want to play for 60 minutes.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Rex has said the Bills will be a tough aggressive team that other teams won't want to play for 60 minutes.
                        I agree and I think Incognito was a good add. I like that he was among top 8 in LG in his last action before suspension.

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Still need to add to the O-line through FA. Would love to get a top TE from FA as well and still draft the best available with our first pick.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            It would help EJ tremendously if we had a TE who was able to pick up YAC.
                            this was Watkins' biggest asset in college. YAC. It didn't help him in the NFL because EJ couldn't find him and when he did, he was getting Watkins killed.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Rex has been known not to back up his mouth so I'd be careful about believing him.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X