• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Carucci : After Watkins and Woods, pass catchers in short supply

Ok yeah, so...

Pass catchers ? Route runners ? Fake play ball runners ? So much depends on your pass thrower or run runner, but you can't draft a pass dropper unless he's real good at it so your pass thrower tacklers can up and fetch the other teams pass thrower/handoff faker/run feeder.

I read three articles in a row in various places with similar terms, I get message board folks using them for flair or variety, and it was quaint when Wade Phillips did it, but is it supposed to be smart and edgy for professional writers to talk Gerber speak ?

The word is receiver, Vic. It saves you letters, I have to assume you're not pay per letter at this stage of your career. It's a standard word evolved from function, going back to times when words evolved from function to save people from describing the function by just using a word. Crazy, I know, it came to make people know words that meant functions.

Outside again it is cold wet ice parts coming from up, again.

On the plus side, there are always plenty of guys to throw passes at if you don't care what happens next.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Carucci : After Watkins and Woods, pass catchers in short supply

Not much else to say about this really. Sometimes dumb things set me off.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Well, to be fair, Easley is a receiver, but not really a pass catcher.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Let's go buffalo
        • Mar 2014

Meh. WR is the least of my worries right now. Give me an o-line, above average RB, and a game managing QB and I'll be happy

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Yeah, remember when we were four deep at Wideout and then Marrone ran two of them out of town?

Good times.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

What no love from Chris Hog...

I'm sorry I couldn't even finish typing that.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

BillsImpossible said that WR is the very last thing the Bills need so Vic Carucci is mistaken and the article is wrong.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                Yeah, remember when we were four deep at Wideout and then Marrone ran two of them out of town?

Good times.
                Ugh, so frustrating.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and all, but we could be sitting here with Stevie Johnson, Mike Evans(probably not)/Odell Beckham/Kelvin Benjamin, Robert Woods, Mike Williams, AND our 1st round pick this year for corn's sake.

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post

Good times.
                  As much as people want to buy into the legend of Mike Williams, he likely isn't as good as people think. Yeah, he has talent, but there is more to it than that.

Williams has been available for teams to sign since the Bills waived him. Nobody wanted to claim him. Nobody has tried to sign him, despite the fact they can do so at any time and don't have to wait for the start of FA.

At the end of the day, he is a guy with off-field concerns who was kicked off his college team then given up on by the team that drafted him. Then the Bills decided to cut him on top of it. At the end of the day, the guy is probably a turd, and while he has some talent he isn't in the Dez Bryant category where you will put up with it.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

We'll add one through FA and the draft.

Need a good kick catcher though...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                      As much as people want to buy into the legend of Mike Williams, he likely isn't as good as people think. Yeah, he has talent, but there is more to it than that.

Williams has been available for teams to sign since the Bills waived him. Nobody wanted to claim him. Nobody has tried to sign him, despite the fact they can do so at any time and don't have to wait for the start of FA.

At the end of the day, he is a guy with off-field concerns who was kicked off his college team then given up on by the team that drafted him. Then the Bills decided to cut him on top of it. At the end of the day, the guy is probably a turd, and while he has some talent he isn't in the Dez Bryant category where you will put up with it.
                      The guy has left three teams. Two of them were headed by the same guy, who was a fool that let personal grudges cloud his judgment repeatedly. The third was a team that has made disaster move after disaster move for the last several years. I don't draw conclusions from either of those. What I do see is a guy who has had some very good production, has local ties and seemed happy to play here until Marrone stuck his foot in, and fills a significant need without costing a draft pick.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                      X