PDA

View Full Version : Evidently we didn't really give up Lemieux........

snow1989
02-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Evidently we didn't really "give up" Lemieux in the Kane/Myers trade........

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/2/12/8024701/what-theyre-saying-about-the-sabres-trades-jets-stars-kane-bogosian-myers-enroth-stafford

Apparently his agent ( Claude ) told the organization that Brendan wouldn't sign with Buffalo....

In that case.....good riddance.

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Jack might do the same thing to ya!!

Dr. Who
02-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Jack might do the same thing to ya!!

He won't, but go to hell anyway.

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 07:44 AM
He won't, but go to hell anyway.

Why not? You talk to him?

He's a kid, A freshman, He could sit out, Finish school, Get his degree, And become the most sought after free agent, He can make a ton of more money quickly and pick his team...

And he could do all of that before he's old enough to buy a drink at the bar.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2015, 07:51 AM
So he's going to give up 3 years of his NHL career and about $4 million to screw with the Sabres?

At least make trolling comments that make sense. Don't be stupid.

With Lemieux (if the story was true) he wasn't going to be making any of that money anyway until his draft rights were done.

So the two aren't close to the same.

But hey - you like to troll here.

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 08:03 AM
So he's going to give up 3 years of his NHL career and about $4 million to screw with the Sabres?

At least make trolling comments that make sense. Don't be stupid.

With Lemieux (if the story was true) he wasn't going to be making any of that money anyway until his draft rights were done.

So the two aren't close to the same.

But hey - you like to troll here.

Kevin Hayes just did it to the Black Hawks....The Black hawks!!! A cup team!!!

He stayed in School versus signing a contract, Became a free agent.

You and many others who post here have a serious case of conformation bias.

Ginger Vitis
02-14-2015, 08:08 AM
I wonder how many Boston College games FloFlo attended before he realized Jack Eichel doesn't play for them

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 08:17 AM
I wonder how many Boston College games FloFlo attended before he realized Jack Eichel doesn't play for them

Boston College, Boston University....WTF is the difference??

Now if I would have said UNC, You be on to something.

I'm a Ranger fan, The draft is something we don't pay much attention to, No need!!

I did go see Boston College in Tampa at the frozen four when Kreider was playing.

Dude
02-14-2015, 08:26 AM
No need to draft well when your team constantly sucks. Very true. Just stick to throwing money at free agents that bust.

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 08:40 AM
No need to draft well when your team constantly sucks. Very true. Just stick to throwing money at free agents that bust.

I'll chalk this post up to you being cold and hungover.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Kevin Hayes just did it to the Black Hawks....The Black hawks!!! A cup team!!!

He stayed in School versus signing a contract, Became a free agent.

You and many others who post here have a serious case of conformation bias.

Hayes was drafted 24th overall.

He wasn't going to be drafted and be in the NHL immediately. Unlike Eichel who will be drafted and will be immediately on a roster

So, once again, you are trying to create a false equivalency.

So Hayes did not give up nearly as much money as Eichel would.

You keep trying so hard.

And yet you fail.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2015, 09:25 AM

We chalk yours up to being stoned and thinking you know how to bull **** people

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 09:45 AM
We chalk yours up to being stoned and thinking you know how to bull **** people

I don't need to bull**** you guys, You do it to yourselves.

You're always trying to convince yourselves that it's a spring rain running down your back and not piss.

Pretty strange, Must be a western NY thing I guess.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Yet you still do try and BS us.

And I have no idea where you are getting the rest of that stuff from, but I guess if it makes you happy.

Still trying to say that Hayes and Eichel are in the same situation?

Or did you give up on that?

yanklovver
02-14-2015, 10:16 AM

You're always trying to convince yourselves that it's a spring rain running down your back and not piss.

Pretty strange, Must be a western NY thing I guess.Between you, and your loser buddy spike...I cant believe how you start crap on this site.....but yet, are a ranger and bruin fan.......What do you gain by posting crap on this site?........You need to go talk crap about your rangers, for all the free agent signings, they still need help to beat the penguins and islanders!

ParanoidAndroid
02-14-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't understand how trolling becomes a way to spend time. Who makes that choice? So freakin' strange. It's truly sociopathic behavior.

JATMtheJATM
02-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Why not? You talk to him?

He's a kid, A freshman, He could sit out, Finish school, Get his degree, And become the most sought after free agent, He can make a ton of more money quickly and pick his team...

And he could do all of that before he's old enough to buy a drink at the bar.

no, he still has to sign an ELC, which caps at 900,000 a year for 3 years. and the sabres would retain his rights until he graduates, which would take him to 21 years old.

thirdly, it would be risky and stupid to sit on an nhl contract for 3 seasons and risk major injury and have it all go away. hes worked his whole life to make it to the show.
fourth, in interviews and spotlights on him, he and his family dont have that sort of attitude.
if by some crazy happening it DID happen, the sabres could simply trade his rights for a boatload of assets.

so, sure, he could do that. but so could any prospect. hes never suggested he would do that, so its pretty much a shot in the dark to stir the pot. but we know how those boston college kids love school so much!

Dude
02-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Better to chalk it up to me being shocked at seeing smack from a Ranger fan. Usually it comes from fans of teams that are at least somewhat relevant.

SpikedLemonade
02-14-2015, 01:44 PM
Better to chalk it up to me being shocked at seeing smack from a Ranger fan. Usually it comes from fans of teams that are at least somewhat relevant.

I'm taking that as a compliment.

By the way, reading the main board at HF, there are currently 3 separate treads on the 1st page about the Sabres tanking and they are all very long.

Nothing in them that hasn't been said here with some Sabre fans refusing to admit to a tank because they don't want future success having an astrix attached.

Clearly there is interest in the subject.

SpikedLemonade
02-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Then you read a refreshingly honest post...

Sabres fan here. Can confirm we are tanking. The Enroth trade made it obvious. He stole way to many games for us this year. I don't care if he was an UFA, no attempt was made to sign him and make him our future goalie.

JATMtheJATM
02-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Hayes was drafted 24th overall.

He wasn't going to be drafted and be in the NHL immediately. Unlike Eichel who will be drafted and will be immediately on a roster

So, once again, you are trying to create a false equivalency.

So Hayes did not give up nearly as much money as Eichel would.

You keep trying so hard.

And yet you fail.
one of the major reasons hayes didnt sign with the hawks was because of their depth. he likely wouldnt have made the team this season.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/08/30/kevin-hayes-works-system-choose-nhl-destination/AjfZFG3JnIeS86FQeLfQ6J/story.html

he did choose that route, and it is a rarity to see. one reason he choose it was because he wasnt NHL ready for much of his college career. the article talks about hayes being good, not great, through his junior year, and his senior year, his game reaching a new level.

a problem jack eichel wont have. hes already NHL ready. hes a top 2 pick, locked. hes a franchise player. it would make zero sense for his hockey career to stay back his full college career.

so, is it possible? sure. likely? no. its not even worth really noting, as its not common at all.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/15/blackhawks-address-hayes-free-agency-will-receive-2015-second-rounder/

"Kevin Hayes’ rumored logic for leaving the Chicago pipeline is simple enough: many believe that he simply didn’t have the same chance to crack the starting lineup as he would in rumored destinations such as Florida, Calgary and even Boston."

dont think eichel has the same concerns in buffalo.

and furthermore, the sabres have a better chance of landing that other guy then eichel sitting at boston college, errr university (same thing, right?) and spurning the sabres or anyone else for that matter.

Dude
02-14-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm taking that as a compliment.

By the way, reading the main board at HF, there are currently 3 separate treads on the 1st page about the Sabres tanking and they are all very long.

Nothing in them that hasn't been said here with some Sabre fans refusing to admit to a tank because they don't want future success having an astrix attached.

Clearly there is interest in the subject.
OK, congratulations? I mean, what are you trying to achieve by preaching to the choir here? As if there was something that any of us can do about the team's performance anyway?

We get it - you are superior to us because your team isn't rebuilding. We don't care.

swiper
02-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Then you read a refreshingly honest post...

Sabres fan here. Can confirm we are tanking. The Enroth trade made it obvious. He stole way to many games for us this year. I don't care if he was an UFA, no attempt was made to sign him and make him our future goalie.

You know it's a Sabre fan because he uses the wrong form of to, too, two. Must sit in the Oranges.

Mr. Pink
02-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Why do other fans care if the Sabres are tanking or not? Yes, they're tanking. No, their roster 2 years ago wasn't good enough to win. No, they couldn't resign the core two players of that roster that wasn't good enough. In the salary cap era the best thing to do is be bad, and as bad as you possibly can be, to draft assets to build your team around in the future. This isn't new, ground shattering or will it change in the coming seasons for other teams.

Have they done the best possible job they could do to try and be the 5th worst team in the NHL this year? No.

But why bother?

Tank on Sabres, get you some McDavid. See you in 3 years in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Signed,

Penguins Fan.

JATMtheJATM
02-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Why do other fans care if the Sabres are tanking or not? Yes, they're tanking. No, their roster 2 years ago wasn't good enough to win. No, they couldn't resign the core two players of that roster that wasn't good enough. In the salary cap era the best thing to do is be bad, and as bad as you possibly can be, to draft assets to build your team around in the future. This isn't new, ground shattering or will it change in the coming seasons for other teams.

Have they done the best possible job they could do to try and be the 5th worst team in the NHL this year? No.

But why bother?

Tank on Sabres, get you some McDavid. See you in 3 years in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Signed,

Penguins Fan.
Well, if they get a goalie.

coastal
02-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Boston College, Boston University....WTF is the difference??

Now if I would have said UNC, You be on to something.

I'm a Ranger fan, The draft is something we don't pay much attention to, No need!!

I did go see Boston College in Tampa at the frozen four when Kreider was playing.the FF is back here next year. Would love to catch a game with you.

coastal
02-14-2015, 08:12 PM
You know it's a Sabre fan because he uses the wrong form of to, too, two. Must sit in the Oranges.
This made me smile

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 08:55 PM
the FF is back here next year. Would love to catch a game with you.

Start saving your bail money, I'm not much of a rule follower. :whistling

Downinfloflo
02-14-2015, 11:46 PM

You see what I mean about bull****ting yourself..:dizzy:

snow1989
02-15-2015, 03:03 AM
Not sure why anyone is letting a ranger fan or a bruin fan get them riled up over tanking. :yap: It can't be proven and being last still does not guarantee the first pick. ( see - Ekblad )

The issue seems to come up whenever a perceived "once in a generation" player is available. Hence the scream of tanking towards pittsburgh in 2005 when they got Crosby. Odd, I don't remember it in 2003 when Fleury was taken and I'd say he's been a pretty important part of that team. 2009 the Islanders are accused of tanking to get Tavaras. He's very good, but the islanders haven't been until just recently. Six yrs of cleaning up a mess and adding pieces. Then the Oilers, three...three number one picks 2010-2012, currently sitting in 14th in the Western Division. None of them currently team pts leader. ( Which proves one of two things - either they 'bought' into the hype and picked the 'wrong' number one that year; or its just plain tough to win without a whole team concept. )

So even if the sabres are tanking, it guarantees them nothing unless the pick is used properly AND other quality players are added. The amount of draft picks and depth of the sabres farm system is what might finally turn this team around.

So why get excited? Bruins fans are biting their nails as their team tries to hang on to the 8th spot. Not exactly a position to be "crowing" from and the rangers fans? "King" Henrik is out 3 weeks with a throat injury. Leaving Talbot, who was AHL, ECHL material until 2012 and some kid named Skapski....so their probably wondering if the goalies can hold on to that 6th position......................maybe they wonder why they didn't trade for Enroth?

Night Train
02-15-2015, 06:41 AM
Knowing a local reporter who covers the Sabres, the refusal to sign report is true. His infamous father was being a PITA and Murray had enough.

Dude
02-15-2015, 07:37 AM
You see what I mean about bull****ting yourself..:dizzy:Sorry, you are correct. The Rangers definitely fly under the relevancy line.

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Not sure why anyone is letting a ranger fan or a bruin fan get them riled up over tanking. :yap: It can't be proven and being last still does not guarantee the first pick. ( see - Ekblad )

The issue seems to come up whenever a perceived "once in a generation" player is available. Hence the scream of tanking towards pittsburgh in 2005 when they got Crosby. Odd, I don't remember it in 2003 when Fleury was taken and I'd say he's been a pretty important part of that team. 2009 the Islanders are accused of tanking to get Tavaras. He's very good, but the islanders haven't been until just recently. Six yrs of cleaning up a mess and adding pieces. Then the Oilers, three...three number one picks 2010-2012, currently sitting in 14th in the Western Division. None of them currently team pts leader. ( Which proves one of two things - either they 'bought' into the hype and picked the 'wrong' number one that year; or its just plain tough to win without a whole team concept. )

So even if the sabres are tanking, it guarantees them nothing unless the pick is used properly AND other quality players are added. The amount of draft picks and depth of the sabres farm system is what might finally turn this team around.

So why get excited? Bruins fans are biting their nails as their team tries to hang on to the 8th spot. Not exactly a position to be "crowing" from and the rangers fans? "King" Henrik is out 3 weeks with a throat injury. Leaving Talbot, who was AHL, ECHL material until 2012 and some kid named Skapski....so their probably wondering if the goalies can hold on to that 6th position......................maybe they wonder why they didn't trade for Enroth?

Talbots 4-1-1 coming in for Hank, Rangers are not worried about the drop off at all, It's what's behind Talbot that's scary.

But then again, When you're scoring 4-5 goals a night that takes the pressure off any goalie.

Glenn did call about Enroth because he's not the reason your team sucks, They wanted Enroth to back up Talbot, I would too.

Glenn and Murray talked, Glenn said your drunk Tim I'll call ya later!!

Never seen this Skapski kid play, He could be the next best thing, Or the next Neuvirth, I would lean towards the later here.

As for the Sabres tanking, Everyone know's what's going on with that...Sure I make fun of you guy's for it because sucking on purpose don't deserve respect.

Now the fun part in all of this for me is watching you folk's think a bunch of kids are going to magically fix the worst Hockey team to ever hit the ice in the last 50 years.

And remember, No matter what anyone has ever told you, You all have POTENTIAL.:hockey:

Skooby
02-15-2015, 11:30 AM

Pretty strange, Must be a western NY thing I guess.

I live in FL & notice the same things as well back home, it's called denial. It'll be warmer next, the sun comes out eventually, my wife / girlfriend will never cheat again. All denial. A relative of mine married his mistress and left his wife and kids for her, the mistress knowing all the time that she was his whore. Think they'll stay together after he finds her being herself again ?? Denial.

Just to be clear, hoping on the tank to figure we get a draft pick to make us better is really really weak. The team is a mess via current ownership and who knows what could happen.

That all being said, it's rare for hockey plauers to pass up guaranteed millions & especially $4-$5 Million. I'd say that has about a fireballs chance in the middle of the rink odds. Late 1st round picks don't see that kind of bread if much guaranteed at all. There's also no sure thing in the NHL or even a guarantee of making the roster. So basically speaking the really high picks take their money, anything 15th or earlier almost assured.

PS Flo Flo, I'm farther south than you so your at least freezing so enjoy it & FO.

DetDannyWilliams
02-15-2015, 11:55 AM
Brendan Lemieux had a long night to think about 30 teams passing him over, but also got words of encouragement from some of his father’s colleagues, including Wayne Gretzky and Jeremy Roenick.
But even with the encouragement of some NHL legends, Brendan Lemieux said Friday was a tough night (http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/11148794/2014-nhl-draft-draft-continues-buffalo-sabres-select-brendan-lemieux).
“I was one of those guys who was trying to figure out for a long time where I was going to go,” he said. “Nobody really knew. I had no idea I would drop out of the first round, but I had no idea I was going to get picked this morning. I walked in the arena like 2 minutes before I was going to get picked.”
By early Saturday he had his team, as the Buffalo Sabres took him with the first pick of the second round.
Lemieux said he was disappointed to fall so far, but thinks it could all work out for the best.
“I expected to be a first round pick and never really looked at the second round,” he said Saturday. “But that being said, things have a way of working out. I think it could be a blessing in disguise that I had to wait it out.”
Ironically, Lemieux said his interview with Buffalo Sabres (http://www.inquisitr.com/1192941/buffalo-sabres-welcome-dominik-hasek-home/) brass was his worst one.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1323900/brendan-lemieux-son-of-legend-mario-lemieux-drafted-by-buffalo-sabres/#YQhzsr81JryOkpjQ.99

OpIv37
02-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Evidently we didn't really "give up" Lemieux in the Kane/Myers trade........

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/2/12/8024701/what-theyre-saying-about-the-sabres-trades-jets-stars-kane-bogosian-myers-enroth-stafford

Apparently his agent ( Claude ) told the organization that Brendan wouldn't sign with Buffalo....

In that case.....good riddance.

Did we have his rights before? Yes. Do we have his rights now? No.

So yes, we did give him up. The fact that he would not have signed here is irrelevant. It's a management failure because part of their job is to create an environment where players want to play. It's one thing if guys who are in their prime or on their last contract do not want to play for a rebuilding team. It's another thing if young guys are just patently refusing to play here.

That being the case, at least they recognized him and got rid of him before it was an issue, but ideally young guys would at least give the org a chance before refusing to play here.

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 02:43 PM

So yes, we did give him up. The fact that he would not have signed here is irrelevant. It's a management failure because part of their job is to create an environment where players want to play. It's one thing if guys who are in their prime or on their last contract do not want to play for a rebuilding team. It's another thing if young guys are just patently refusing to play here.

That being the case, at least they recognized him and got rid of him before it was an issue, but ideally young guys would at least give the org a chance before refusing to play here.

i think this is the exception rather then the rule. if buffalo wasnt an organization guys wanted to play for, moulson wouldnt have come back. and myers and enroth spoke extremely fondly about their time in buffalo, enroth reportedly wanted to stay. kane welcomed the trade to buffalo, reportedly. georges accepted a trade here, ect.

yeah, the team is junk is right now, but it appears most guys enjoy the city and organization enough to want to come here. pegula may not be a great owner so far, but it appears he has made the organization welcoming and accommodating enough to players.

good things are on the horizon. im disappointed lemieux wont be a part of it, but thats life.

coastal
02-15-2015, 03:24 PM

I want to know what his issue was?

murray and the tank and papa Lemieux not wanting his kid to be associated with that?

OpIv37
02-15-2015, 03:31 PM
I want to know what his issue was?

murray and the tank and papa Lemieux not wanting his kid to be associated with that?

I'm thinking it has to be something else. The kid was probably two years from sniffing the ice with the Sabres, and if the team still sucks by then, it certainly won't be by design.

Ginger Vitis
02-15-2015, 03:42 PM
it depends on how and why Claude Lemieux was being a PINA.. Some observers thought Brendan Lemieux played better than Sam Reinhart in rookie camp and training camp and Reinhart got to start the season with the big club and Lemieux was sent back to junior.. That might have been what pissed Claude Lemieux off

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 03:47 PM
it depends on how and why Claude Lemieux was being a PINA.. Some observers thought Brendan Lemieux played better than Sam Reinhart in rookie camp and training camp and Reinhart got to start the season with the big club and Lemieux was sent back to junior.. That might have been what pissed Claude Lemieux off

Claude lemieux was never a very reasonable player. He always struck me as hard to work with.

By the way, he and Darren McCarty are now pals. kinda funny, imo

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 10:14 PM
The Panthers ran a special about Ekblab (Inside the Panthers), He said Buffalo was trying to rattle him during the interviews.

Lemieux sound's like a pampered douche and you guys are better off with out guys like that.

Look at me I'm a famous guy's kid I should be a 1st rounder!! I would have held his rights for the full 3 years just to be a dick.

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 10:30 PM
The Panthers ran a special about Ekblab (Inside the Panthers), He said Buffalo was trying to rattle him during the interviews.

Lemieux sound's like a pampered douche and you guys are better off with out guys like that.

Look at me I'm a famous guy's kid I should be a 1st rounder!! I would have held his rights for the full 3 years just to be a dick.

Do you like the idea of making interviews difficult on prospects?

Outside that, I agree with your post completely.

Downinfloflo
02-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Do you like the idea of making interviews difficult on prospects?

He was not impressed with the front office people, He laughed at it, Like WTF they doing...LOL

Tim Murray comes across as an ego driven jerk, It's going to bite him in the ass sooner rather than later.

Lets just say, When the Sabres do win, He will not be the current GM.

Difficult has many meanings, Ask hard questions sure.

JATMtheJATM
02-15-2015, 11:01 PM
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=624915&catid=35

Doesn't seem to be anything here that makes it seem like he thought the interview was a joke. He even says he enjoyed being challenged.

snow1989
02-16-2015, 12:36 AM

I half agree. Yes, management has to create an environment that people want to play in, but at the same time....that person has to be realistic and his father Claude who has been overseeing his career and acts as his agent isn't exactly known for being "agreeable". There's an old saying.....you can give a room of people $1000 and there's always some idiot asking why he didn't get $1001. Some people are just that way. Frankly, I think his ego and his father chirping in his ear has already got him thinking he's more than he is....I see a career of hopping from team to team, NHL to AHL pretty much like his old man.

mightysimi
02-16-2015, 07:51 AM
First thing Doug Maclean said on Sportsnet after the trade is Winnipeg now gets both Lemieux's. I believe his exact words were "enjoy"