PDA

View Full Version : can we please...

ublinkwescore
02-14-2015, 06:46 AM
Go after DeMarco Murray?

better days
02-14-2015, 06:49 AM
I read that Dallas may go after Adrian Peterson instead of trying to keep Murray.

ublinkwescore
02-14-2015, 07:05 AM
Demarco Murray = Marshawn Lynch.

Bill Cody
02-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Go after DeMarco Murray?

Yes please. If we're not going to be paying a QB big $ which we're not We can afford him. He's a great player. And way way less annoying than Lynch

IlluminatusUIUC
02-14-2015, 09:31 AM
This is the first season he's managed to finish, Dallas made every effort to run him into the ground, and giving big money to free agent halfbacks is a bad, bad idea. I'll pass.

Dr. Lecter
02-14-2015, 09:34 AM
No.

A million times over. No

Running back is really getting to be the easiest position to plug and play. There is no reason to over pay a guy like Murray

Topas
02-14-2015, 09:54 AM
It is a better idea to sign the Dallas O-Line

GvilleBills
02-14-2015, 10:41 AM
To expand on Illuminatus, Lecter, and Topas' great points, there is also the cliff that RBs fall off after both 400+ touches and big contracts signed.
Murray would qualify for both.

As they say on Shark Tank, "I'm out."

better days
02-14-2015, 10:44 AM
No.

A million times over. No

Running back is really getting to be the easiest position to plug and play. There is no reason to over pay a guy like Murray

I would not want to OVER PAY for Murray, but I would be happy to pay him his fair market value that he is worth.

I heard before that the Guard position was easy to fill.

You can fill any position, the question is how well it is filled.

trapezeus
02-14-2015, 11:01 AM
He also has fumbling issues. One fumble cost them a win in the playoffs. We already have one RB that has ball security issues.

Bill Cody
02-14-2015, 11:03 AM
No.

A million times over. No

ha ha is it coming out of your wallet or something? We have lots of room on the cap. Murray is the reason Tony Romo had his best season. Murray was the Cowboys MVP this year. We have no QB. We need to be able to pound the rock. Some random back won't do.

The Jokeman
02-14-2015, 11:11 AM
ha ha is it coming out of your wallet or something? We have lots of room on the cap. Murray is the reason Tony Romo had his best season. Murray was the Cowboys MVP this year. We have no QB. We need to be able to pound the rock. Some random back won't do.

and last year was the only season in his NFL career Murray played a full 16 game season. If you're playing the law of averages and expect him to reproduce last year's numbers again it's unlikely based on his injury plagued past. Do the Bills need another RB to add if we lose Spiller? Yes but he doesn't have to be the best RB in the league. Just a guy that can maybe allow Fred Jackson to transition to the 3rd down RB he might be better suited for with his advancing age and or split carries with Bryce Brown/Boobie Dixon. I'd much invest in a rookie for that role as it save cap room and give us some youth at the position. I wouldn't be quick to dismiss Brown either as he never got more than 7 carries in a single game last year but did show some good things as a RB out of the backfield with three games of more than 40 yards receiving.

jamze132
02-14-2015, 02:52 PM
You can bet your paycheck Rex is going to have Whaley get one of the top FA RBs. Btw, Chris Johnson is now added to that pool. He never had a chance in NY with what they were doing.

justasportsfan
02-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I'd rather use the money to sign Peyton if he's available

tonyc37
02-14-2015, 03:35 PM
He turned down a 4 year 16 million dollar extension with Dallas during the season.With the season he had he's gonna want in 8-10 million per year since it will be his last deal.

YardRat
02-14-2015, 04:58 PM
No.

Now, get back in your room and finish your homework before dinner.

Joe Fo Sho
02-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Murray was the Cowboys MVP this year.

You spelled the cowboys o-line wrong.

Mr. Pink
02-16-2015, 09:49 PM
Running backs do not matter in today's NFL...why spend 6,8,10 million per year on one?

ublinkwescore
02-17-2015, 09:51 AM
marshawn lynch doesn't matter? they hand the ball off to him 3 more times, they are rioting in seattle one particular monday.

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2015, 10:15 AM
marshawn lynch doesn't matter? they hand the ball off to him 3 more times, they are rioting in seattle one particular monday.

Murray is not Marshawn. Murray has struggled to stay healthy and only had a stellar year when running behind the best O-line in the NFL.

Also a note from a recent article I read:
Murray's first 16-game season led to 392 carries, making him one of nine running backs in NFL history to meet or exceed that total. All six of the most recent instances fell short of 1,000 yards in the following season.

Joe Fo Sho
02-17-2015, 11:19 AM

How many other running backs would have also 'probably' scored in that situation given the ball 3 times? A dozen? Two dozen?

Pinkerton Security
02-17-2015, 12:44 PM
How many other running backs would have also 'probably' scored in that situation given the ball 3 times? A dozen? Two dozen?

This. RBs are obviously not worthless, however to throw a ton of money at one simply isnt prudent. There is too much history of RBs being given big contracts and never living up to them.

better days
02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
This. RBs are obviously not worthless, however to throw a ton of money at one simply isnt prudent. There is too much history of RBs being given big contracts and never living up to them.

Well, I don't care how good a RB is. He needs a GOOD OL in front of him to really be productive.

Rex has promised the Bills will have a much better OL this year, so even the RB's on the team now will be better than they were last year.

But if a stud like Murry were added, it would be phenomenal.

better days
02-17-2015, 12:54 PM
He also has fumbling issues. One fumble cost them a win in the playoffs. We already have one RB that has ball security issues.

Well, just about any player can fumble the ball at the wrong time....unless they are playing with deflated footballs.

stuckincincy
02-17-2015, 12:56 PM

True. But with the rookie cap, things are possible. CIN is on the hook for under 2 million for RBs Hill and Bernard this coming season. At those prices, BUF would be dumb to execute a FA signing.

streetkings01
02-17-2015, 02:42 PM
I'm not that impressed with Murray........he breaks tackles but he's so freaking slow........after a 10 yard run it looks like he's galloping.

With that Dallas oline he doesn't get touched until he 2-4 yards past the line of scrimmage.

jamze132
02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
I'll say it again, Rex is going to want Whaley to get the best RB available...

Mr. Pink
02-17-2015, 04:07 PM

Russell Wilson could have done a QB sneak and scored on 1 of 3 tries.

Hell, they could have brought in their DT and handed him the ball and he woulda scored.

Fail to see your point.

Buffalogic
02-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Injury prone, fumble machine. One year wonder.