PDA

View Full Version : I know it's a crazy thought but...

soapman
02-14-2015, 12:12 PM
Lets just say the Broncos are ready to move on from Manning. Knowing how Peyton somehow always has great receivers around him, would it be in be crazy for the Bills not to go after him and would it be even crazier to think that he would actually be interested? Besides maybe the Texans, who else is JUST a QB away from being really really good?

ParanoidAndroid
02-14-2015, 12:33 PM
IMO..... He'll retire before he gets released. I think he wants to go out with class.

Buffalogic
02-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Definitely should try and sign him if Broncos think 19 Mil is too rich for their blood. We could draft another prospect and him just being around Manning would be positive for development.

Luisito23
02-14-2015, 01:08 PM
I wish...Sign him to a 1 year contract and keep improving the O line...

With this defense and a healthy Manning for the season, there's no way that we don't make the post-season.

Meathead
02-14-2015, 01:16 PM
cupboard looks pretty bare so if he wanted to be a bill for his last season id say do it

BillsImpossible
02-14-2015, 04:12 PM
cupboard looks pretty bare so if he wanted to be a bill for his last season id say do it

You know what's interesting, Meathead? Manning just came out and said he is, 'physically and mentally ready to return,' but what have the Broncos said since he said that?

Nothing.

The window of opportunity has closed in Denver.

If Peyton has a two year window left in his body and mind, Buffalo makes perfect sense.

You know what, Meathead? I think Peyton Manning himself is having questions.

He said he was ready to return, but he didn't say he was ready to return to the Broncos.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peyton-manning-tells-broncos-hes-physically-and-mentally-ready-to-return/ar-AA9nfHg?srcref=rss

Now that Manning has made his intentions to play clear to Elway and other Broncos officials, it is up to the Broncos to decide if they want Manning back under his current contract, or if they should restructure the deal. Manning, with his base salary and a $2.5 million bonus, is set to count as $21.5 million toward the Broncos' salary cap.

BillsImpossible
02-14-2015, 04:19 PM
I think Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning share the same passion to defeat the Dark Hooded Empire in New England.

Ryan's main nemesis is Bill Belichick. Manning's main nemesis is Tom Brady.

Rex Ryan and Peyton Manning.

That makes for a very interesting couple to talk about on this cold and snowy St. Valentine's Day.

Strongman
02-14-2015, 04:35 PM
If he's not back in Denver, I'd think he would either retire or maybe go back to the Colts. He's got a few more games left in him, so backing up Luck might be the great situation for him.

BillsImpossible
02-14-2015, 04:38 PM
If he's not back in Denver, I'd think he would either retire or maybe go back to the Colts. He's got a few more games left in him, so backing up Luck might be the great situation for him.

That was horrible.

YardRat
02-14-2015, 04:56 PM
I don't think Mighty Taco has the same kind of pull as Poppa John.

GvilleBills
02-15-2015, 08:17 AM
Manning only plays for NFL teams with a horse themed mascot.

Sorry Bills fans, it's the truth.

BOBM253
02-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Buffalo Bill rode a horse

GvilleBills
02-15-2015, 09:59 AM

Hopefully it's enough for Manning!

YardRat
02-15-2015, 09:59 AM

So it's still possible? Sweet...

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 10:03 AM
I don't think it's a crazy thought at all. If Brett Favre can wear purple in Minnesota, well...

Current reports are saying that the Broncos are unsure if they want to bring Manning back.

Seems like the team is taking a wait and see approach to Manning's scheduled physical, using that as their excuse.

The fact that John Elway and the Broncos are basically saying they have to wait until Manning passes a physical raises a huge red flag!

That is a slap in the face to Peyton Manning, a player who has started in every game for 16 years straight and has never missed a game due to injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/

Denver is in a difficult situation because they have to choose between signing Manning, or signing Thomas/Franklin/Thomas and 14 other players.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27356534/denver-broncos-2015-free-agents?source=infinite

It's not possible to keep Manning and sign their core players too.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't think it's a crazy thought at all. If Brett Favre can wear purple in Minnesota, well...

Current reports are saying that the Broncos are unsure if they want to bring Manning back.

Seems like the team is taking a wait and see approach to Manning's scheduled physical, using that as their excuse.

The fact that John Elway and the Broncos are basically saying they have to wait until Manning passes a physical raises a huge red flag!

That is a slap in the face to Peyton Manning, a player who has started in every game for 16 years straight and has never missed a game due to injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/

Denver is in a difficult situation because they have to choose between signing Manning, or signing Thomas/Franklin/Thomas and 14 other players.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27356534/denver-broncos-2015-free-agents?source=infinite

It's not possible to keep Manning and sign their core players too.

You sure about that?

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 10:51 AM
You sure about that?

He missed the entire 2011 season after the Colts GM decided it was in the Colts best interest to tank on purpose for Andrew Luck.

Manning could have played, but did not.

I should have said that Peyton Manning has started every game in all 16 years of his professional career.

Good catch, IlluminatusUIUC.

By the way, those sharks next to Katy Perry were super cool.

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 11:03 AM
I know it's a crazy thought but NFL.com has a story on their front page right now that is talking about the same thing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470493/article/peyton-manning-tells-broncos-brass-he-wants-to-return

Manning wants back in, but intrigue remains. Rapoport said on Friday's edition of NFL Total Access that multiple NFL general managers wonder if -- following a series of significant changes -- the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) really want Manning to return.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2015, 11:14 AM
He missed the entire 2011 season after the Colts GM decided it was in the Colts best interest to tank on purpose for Andrew Luck.

Manning could have played, but did not.

No he could not. The guy had multiple neck surgeries and still went to Europe to try experimental stem cell therapy.

Also FWIW, "That Colts GM" was Bill Polian, and the Luck tank job cost him and his son their jobs.

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 11:36 AM
No he could not. The guy had multiple neck surgeries and still went to Europe to try experimental stem cell therapy.

Also FWIW, "That Colts GM" was Bill Polian, and the Luck tank job cost him and his son their jobs.

Whatever Peyton Manning did, it worked.

That was 4 years seasons ago. He's been one of the most durable NFL quarterbacks to ever play the game.

For the Broncos to be saying that Manning's future with the team hinges on a physical is nonsense.

Manning had a meeting with the Bronco's brass 2 days ago and told them he wants to return, and the Broncos essentially said, "Um, okay, but you have to pass the physical first."

The Broncos did not come out and say, "We fully expect Peyton to pass his physical and he will be our starting quarterback in 2015."

They left it in limbo instead of giving the future Hall of Fame quarterback the benefit of the undeserved doubt.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2015, 11:51 AM
Whatever Peyton Manning did, it worked.

That was 4 years seasons ago. He's been one of the most durable NFL quarterbacks to ever play the game.

For the Broncos to be saying that Manning's future with the team hinges on a physical is nonsense.

Manning had a meeting with the Bronco's brass 2 days ago and told them he wants to return, and the Broncos essentially said, "Um, okay, but you have to pass the physical first."

The Broncos did not come out and say, "We fully expect Peyton to pass his physical and he will be our starting quarterback in 2015."

They left it in limbo instead of giving the future Hall of Fame quarterback the benefit of the undeserved doubt.

He's the most "durable" because he rarely gets hit. He's got the lowest sack rate since they started counting that stat (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_perc_career.htm)

However, when a guy is due $19 million and will turn 39 this season, it's fair to expect some kind of proof that he's healthy. The Broncos already rolled the dice on him once, they have no obligation (moral or otherwise) to do so again.

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 12:09 PM
He's the most "durable" because he rarely gets hit. He's got the lowest sack rate since they started counting that stat (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_perc_career.htm)

However, when a guy is due $19 million and will turn 39 this season, it's fair to expect some kind of proof that he's healthy. The Broncos already rolled the dice on him once, they have no obligation (moral or otherwise) to do so again.

The Broncos rolled the dice on Manning three times, not once.

Out 48 regular season games with the Broncos, Manning started every game which is consistent with his entire career.

I think the Broncos are going to release Peyton Manning by March 9th.

If they do, I hope the Bills sign him.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-15-2015, 12:22 PM
The Broncos rolled the dice on Manning three times, not once.

Out 48 regular season games with the Broncos, Manning started every game which is consistent with his entire career.

I think the Broncos are going to release Peyton Manning by March 9th.

If they do, I hope the Bills sign him.

Anything could happen, I was completely floored when Fox walked away. If Manning was really invested in working with Fox, I can see him asking for release as well.

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Anything could happen, I was completely floored when Fox walked away. If Manning was really invested in working with Fox, I can see him asking for release as well.

I am completely floored after reading this comment made by the Broncos new offensive coordinator, Rick Dennison.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/denver-broncos-in-no-rush-for-peyton-manning-decision-new-offensive-coordinator-rick-dennison-says-021015

New OC: Broncos are in no rush for Peyton Manning's decision

'We're going to see what we do best, see what our team ends up with, there's certainly no rush,'' Dennison said.

Asked if he's proceeding as though Manning will return, Dennison said, ''I'm not proceeding with anything. I'm letting him take his time.''

Dennison, who reported to work Monday along with the rest of Kubiak's staff, said he's spoken with each of the Broncos offensive players, including Manning.
''I just said hello to him, just like I said hello to everybody on the offense on our roster,'' Dennison said.

''I just called him up, said hello, introduced myself, told them if they were around just to come in and say hi. No football, no nothing, just say hi.

''I look forward to working with whoever's underneath the roof. John and those guys will give us a good team and we'll go from there.''

BillsImpossible
02-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Doesn't sound like the Broncos new offensive coordinator, Rick Dennison is all on board with Peyton Manning in 2015.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/02/10/denver-broncos-rick-dennison-no-rush-peyton-manning-decision

No rush?

That says it all Bills fans.

No rush to sign one of the best, if not the best quarterback to ever play the game.

No rush at all.

The Broncos are going to release Peyton Manning.

Let's go buffalo
02-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Peyton manning is not coming to buffalo. At least not to play QB for the Buffalo Bills. Maybe we can get cooper...

Mace
02-15-2015, 07:16 PM
He's not going to shuffle off to Buffalo for someone elses rushing game based offense though at this point in his career. He's too fond of his Omaha's, and if he's going to change for anyone, it won't be for Rex Ryan in Buffalo imho.

YardRat
02-16-2015, 04:11 AM
Even if there is no chance Manning comes to Buffalo, you have to admit the public stance the Bronco's organization has taken is interesting. Hell, EJ Manual appears to have more internal support here than Peyton has in Denver.

Mace
02-16-2015, 11:35 AM
Even if there is no chance Manning comes to Buffalo, you have to admit the public stance the Bronco's organization has taken is interesting. Hell, EJ Manual appears to have more internal support here than Peyton has in Denver.

He so quickly became not Peyton last year for whatever reason, I think it brought everyone back to earth. That's the biggest drawback about him, he's not plug and play, he comes as a whole offense, and then you have to madly adapt if he's not himself. Latter season Manning scared no one, and he could have been any average QB sitting in that pocket most often.

I think their Manning fantasy is over for the obvious reasons.