• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Bills Likely Watching Right Tackle Situation in Dallas

According to Cory Buck of BuffaloRumblings.com, the Buffalo Bills will be watching the right tackle situation in Dallas closely, as they search for a new tackle.

“Doug Free and Jermey Parnell each played at right tackle for the Dallas Cowboys this past season as part of the offensive line that paved the way for the league’s leading rusher,” Buck writes. “They are each stout run blockers and apt pass blockers, and now both are set to become free agents in March. The Cowboys reportedly assume that they can only keep one of these tackles. Whoever shakes loose in the aftermath will be worth a long look."
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Bills Likely Watching Right Tackle Situation in Dallas

I don't see Chris Williams or Richie Incognito as starting NFL OLs anymore.

Adding 2 starting Guards is crucial and a starting RT won't hurt.

I fear that after we lose Jerry Hughes and having our 3rd DC in 3 years that our D will take a half step backwards this year.

If our O can take a half step forward this year with an effective running game, it should be a wash.

If not, we are back to a 6-10 or 7-9 season again.

To me the priority is the OL given what our QB situation will be.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-sta...292107751.html

According to Cory Buck of BuffaloRumblings.com, the Buffalo Bills will be watching the right tackle situation in Dallas closely, as they search for a new tackle.

“Doug Free and Jermey Parnell each played at right tackle for the Dallas Cowboys this past season as part of the offensive line that paved the way for the league’s leading rusher,” Buck writes. “They are each stout run blockers and apt pass blockers, and now both are set to become free agents in March. The Cowboys reportedly assume that they can only keep one of these tackles. Whoever shakes loose in the aftermath will be worth a long look."
      We already have a two headed monster in Henderson vs Kujo so not sure we'd be interested in added a third body unless we want to replace Hariston as our swing OT. I know some feel that Kujo has what it takes to be an OG but to me he's too tall for the position.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        We already have a two headed monster in Henderson vs Kujo so not sure we'd be interested in added a third body unless we want to replace Hariston as our swing OT. I know some feel that Kujo has what it takes to be an OG but to me he's too tall for the position.
        It is too early to determine if either Henderson or Kujo are truly NFL starting OLs.

Henderson started on a poor OL last year and his play regressed throughout the season.

Kujo was a big disappointment given his draft status.

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
          I don't see Chris Williams or Richie Incognito as starting NFL OLs anymore.

Adding 2 starting Guards is crucial and a starting RT won't hurt.

I fear that after we lose Jerry Hughes and having our 3rd DC in 3 years that our D will take a half step backwards this year.

If our O can take a half step forward this year with an effective running game, it should be a wash.

If not, we are back to a 6-10 or 7-9 season again.

To me the priority is the OL given what our QB situation will be.
          I think Ritchie can make one of the two spots, I mean he's only been out of the league for 1.5 years and not due to injury so assuming he's kept in good shape he should be able to slide right in at one of the OG spots. Williams was a questionable signing when he was first brought in It be nice to add another veteran to the mix but I'd advocate a guy like Paul Fanaika and/or Adam Snyder if we lose Hairston as he could be a good T/G candidate.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

It is too early to determine if either Henderson or Kujo are truly NFL starting OLs.

Henderson started on a poor OL last year and his play regressed throughout the season.

True but do you spend big money in UFA on an OT or OG or TE? Me the last position would be better suited as we saw Scott Chandler lead our team in receiving the last time EJ was our full time starter and feel an upgrade at TE is a better use of cap dollars.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

I think Ritchie can make one of the two spots, I mean he's only been out of the league for 1.5 years and not due to injury so assuming he's kept in good shape he should be able to slide right in at one of the OG spots.
              He will also be 32 years old before the season begins.

The odds are against him.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

True but do you spend big money in UFA on an OT or OG or TE?
                Yes.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

True but do you spend big money in UFA on an OT or OG or TE? Me the last position would be better suited as we saw Scott Chandler lead our team in receiving the last time EJ was our full time starter and feel an upgrade at TE is a better use of cap dollars.
                  I think it will be a waste of money until we have a better QB.

Last year we thought that a better WR would improve our passing attack and that did not work out.

We need to concentrate on improving our run blocking so we can grind away with a conservative O.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

I think it will be a waste of money until we have a better QB.

Last year we thought that a better WR would improve our passing attack and that did not work out.

We need to concentrate on improving our run blocking so we can grind away with a conservative O.
                    In watching the Jets the idea of grounding away alone won't get you far. You need a more complete offense, while I agree we need to improve our running game I think passing on finding a TE is a faulty mistake. Last offseason I kept chiming that we should go hard for Pitta and this offseason I will chime in we should pursue Cameron, J Thomas, Gresham and Clay and stand by it.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                      • Jul 2002

Parnell was really good when he started last year. I'd like to make a run at him for 3-4 Mill a year

Comment

• Swiper
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2010

I thought we had our tackles.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Thing about this though, is it's too early to figure they aren't considering they were being taught and mentored by Marrone and Pat Morris who probably could have made Anthony Munoz in his prime look like Langston Walker not in his prime. I don't really think the OL was ever as bad as Marrone/Morris made them look.

A big plus to their development is that it's traditionally easier to use inexperienced, developing, over the hill, or inadequate linemen in power running schemes to get full use of them.

Of course, Roman is known for having a ridiculously complex running game so it might well be a negative to use them in power running schemes.

Only in Buffalo do we do the easy things the hard way to have the best chance of them not working.

I'm pretty happy with Henderson, Kouandjio, and Richardson in the pipe. They'll have a year of pro exp under their belts and are on their second year of pro training. Hopefully they have a better OL coach.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              I'm pretty happy with Henderson, Kouandjio, and Richardson in the pipe. They'll have a year of pro exp under their belts and are on their second year of pro training. Hopefully they have a better OL coach.
                              A year of NFL diet and weight training can also help if they are internally motivated.

Comment

Working...
                              X