PDA

View Full Version : sabres making a push for subban?

JATMtheJATM
02-16-2015, 11:19 PM
Check out @JoeYerdon's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JoeYerdon/status/566291865172205568?s=09

It would come at a price, but Heck, the Sabres must address goal.

snow1989
02-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Subban for Stewart?

I'd be alright with that.

JATMtheJATM
02-17-2015, 12:00 AM
Nah, it would cost more then that. Stewart and maybe the Sabres second. And that probably not enough.

snow1989
02-17-2015, 12:07 AM
I might be willing to part with a second. I think we overpaid on the Kane deal and I wouldn't want to do the same with Subban. At least with Kane and Bergosian you have a "Known" NHL quantity. Not the same with Subban....yes he looks like a great prospect, but.....

JATMtheJATM
02-17-2015, 12:45 AM
I might be willing to part with a second. I think we overpaid on the Kane deal and I wouldn't want to do the same with Subban. At least with Kane and Bergosian you have a "Known" NHL quantity. Not the same with Subban....yes he looks like a great prospect, but.....

I'd move the second first for subban. The first in the Kane deal is conditional depending on the first rounder with the least amount of value.

coastal
02-17-2015, 05:27 AM
Stewart and our other first rounder... make it so.

don137
02-17-2015, 05:53 AM
Subban is a former first round pick that is on the verge of being NHL ready. My guess is Stewart, a second and a prospect like Fasching or Bailey.
I doubt the Bruins would trade him in division though.

Night Train
02-17-2015, 06:10 AM
No issues with it but I thought the Sabres already had a boatload of young Goalies in the system ?

don137
02-17-2015, 06:29 AM
No issues with it but I thought the Sabres already had a boatload of young Goalies in the system ?

Subban is obviously not NHL proven yet but he appears to be NHL ready. From everything I heard it appears that none of the Sabres goalie prospects are close to NHL ready.

casdhf
02-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Looks like TM is looking to have the nucleus playing next season. That's a year or two earlier than I anticipated.

Ginger Vitis
02-17-2015, 10:11 AM
Ullmark..Lieuwen..Makarov.. The guy they drafted last year in the 2nd round whose name I cant remember none of them have Subbans pedigree.. I still remember Subban letting in 4 goals on 16 shots against USA in the 2013 world junior semi final and being pulled.. Id rather have John Gibson or Zach Fucale than Subban but Subban is a better option than any goalie in the 2015 draft class the goalies class for 2015 is so so/meh and Suban is 3 years ahead In development

SpikedLemonade
02-17-2015, 10:32 AM
Subban will probably get the start tomorrow night in Edmonton.

Downinfloflo
02-17-2015, 11:01 AM
Subban will probably get the start tomorrow night in Edmonton.

Can he hold onto a 3 goal lead?? :brush:

SpikedLemonade
02-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Can he hold onto a 3 goal lead?? :brush:

Shut up!

I can't believe I stayed up to watch that crap last night.

SpikedLemonade
02-17-2015, 05:09 PM
Pierre LeBrun tells TSN 1040 (http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/lebrun-canucks-willing-to-trade-matthias-but-not-shopping-him-1.209494) in Vancouver that Bruins sources have told him that they "are not planning on trading Malcolm Subban." (The comment starts at 5:41.)

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040-i-1410/lebrun-canucks-willing-to-trade-matthias-but-not-shopping-him-1.209494

JATMtheJATM
02-18-2015, 12:15 AM
I'm debating with a Sabres fan on reddit who claims subban is average and his AHL numbers prove that.

No. Hes not average.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 06:41 AM
2.47 GAA and a .920% SP is not bad at all for a kid in the AHL ...He pretty much had those exact numbers last season too.

If you can hold those type of numbers in the NHL you would be considered a real good reliable starter who gives his team a chance to win.

**** a .930% SP would have you in the running for the Vez.

I'm bit perplexed as to why the Bruins would even entertain the thought of moving him so early.

Unless the deal would fill an immediate need, Like a guy who can come in today and score.

Trading him away for picks or prospects would be a dumb thing to do at this point in time.

The Sabres don't have any blue liners they want to give up, And the only goal scorer they have is Ennis who can plug and play.

If I'm Boston and the Sabres are talking to me about him, It's Ennis Or Risto (Zad is a keeper and he's ahead of Risto in my opinion)

I got what you really need, You don't have what I really need!!

coastal
02-18-2015, 07:19 AM
They ain't giving up Risto or Zad.

The other traded first we have and Stewart for Subban would be my offer.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:22 AM
They ain't giving up Risto or Zad.

The other traded first we have and Stewart for Subban would be my offer.

I know they won't do that, That's why I said I have what you need, You don't have what I need.

I can get Stewart from you for a late 2nd and a few cases of stick tape.

You're 1st rounder is too high for Subban, The other 1st rounder is too low!!

Sabres and Bruins are not good trade partners in this particular case, Unless there would be more to it than Subban and Stewart.

chernobylwraiths
02-18-2015, 07:23 AM
teams that are "on the verge" or are getting older looking for one last good chance at a Cup might entertain letting a young player go if they feel they can win now. The Bruins might do this mostly because of Rask being under contract for many more years.

I doubt the Sabres trade a prospect for a prospect, and I especially don't think the Bruins do that because they would want more immediate help.

And I think Risto is a much better defenseman now and always will be. Zad, just has the added physical pressense that Risto doesn't necessarily have. But no way Sabres part with Risto for a prospect, that is taking an even lareger step back.

IMO, the Sabres have several marginal players to get rid of on defense and offense. They only have two offensive players that might generate a bit more, Stewart definitely and MAYBE Hodgeson. And that is only if some GM thinks the world of Hodgeson.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:24 AM
The Bruins are not on the verge of winning anything, They are the weak link of the east.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Hodgeson has no trade value what so ever, He has been dreadful on the defensive side of the puck his whole career.

The only thing that kept him in the lineup was the fact he was chipping in on offense so they turned a blind eye to his defensive struggles.

Now he can't do either, He as 2 goals on the year...That trade was a wash, Kassian and Hodgeson will be playing for beer soon.

don137
02-18-2015, 09:09 AM
The Bruins are in cap jail. They need a low salary. Pysyk for Suppan straight up may be doable for both sides. Both are nHL ready and serve the need of the other team. Win-win IMO

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2015, 09:17 AM
The Bruins are in cap jail. They need a low salary. Pysyk for Suppan straight up may be doable for both sides. Both are nHL ready and serve the need of the other team. Win-win IMO

No thanks.

And I hope the Bruins have no interest in Chris Stewart.

I'm already losing faith in Bruins management and if they trade for him, I will completely lose it.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 09:23 AM

You know he's regarded as a potential franchise goalie right?? Who is generating interest from many teams.

Potential is a big word around these parts...Pysyk can't even get into the Sabres lineup...Not sure how NHL ready he is.

SpikedLemonade
02-18-2015, 09:28 AM
You know he's regarded as a potential franchise goalie right?? Who is generating interest from many teams.

Potential is a big word around these parts...Pysyk can't even get into the Sabres lineup...Not sure how NHL ready he is.

Incredible how a team with so much talent is about to set the record for the worst NHL team over a two year period.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Incredible how a team with so much talent is about to set the record for the worst NHL team over a two year period.

Broooo!!!!!

57 games into the season, They have score 1 freaking goal or LESS in 27 of those games.

They are involved in only 35% of all the shots taken in any game they play in..

They have a handful of games where they have put 10 freaking shots on goal ALL GAME..

Horrific is the only way to describe it, And I don't say that to be a jerk to these guys, It really is that bad.

don137
02-18-2015, 09:52 AM

LOL. Pysyk is better than half the Sabres defensemen now. Only reason he is in minors is so Sabres can secure last place. If they were trying to field the best lineup he would be on the Sabres now. Since you seem to act like you know so much about the Sabres I figured you knew that. Pysyk is a former first rounder that is projected to be a steady second line defenseman in a couple years for many years to come. Not exactly some bum that cannot crack the line up like you imply.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 10:08 AM
LOL. Pysyk is better than half the Sabres defensemen now

So am I.

Only reason he is in minors is so Sabres can secure last place. If they were trying to field the best lineup he would be on the Sabres now.
The whole hockey world knows the Sabres spent the last 2 years prepping the tank for this season. And holding a player back because he may help you win and ruin your tank plans is disgusting and shameful..I'm sure you feel proud.

Since you seem to act like you know so much about the Sabres I figured you knew that.

I did.

Pysyk is a former first rounder that is projected to be a steady second line defenseman in a couple years for many years to come

So is SuPPan, He's PROJECTED to be a franchise goalie, Trade a franchise goalie for a 2nd pair D-Man??

Not exactly some bum that cannot crack the line up like you imply.

Nope, Unlike the Sabres you're playing defense on this one, YOU said he's NHL ready, I said how come he's yet to crack the lineup?

OpIv37
02-18-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm not buying that Pysyk is NHL ready.

I'm out of market so I don't get to see a lot of games, but in the ones I've seen, Pysyk looked a bit lost. He was very raw. Risto and Zads are raw too but I'd take either of them over Pysyk to have on the ice right now. Who knows- long term, maybe Pysyk has more potential. But he's not on the ice because the guys who are on the ice are currently outplaying him.

Besides, stashing a young guy doesn't make sense. The season is a lost cause. The young guys should be taking their lumps now, so they are seasoned when the team is ready to compete. And that's what's happening with a lot of players on this team right now: Zads, Risto, Girgensons, Flynn- I'm probably forgetting some. If Pysyk was ready, he'd be there taking his lumps wit the rest of them.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 10:41 AM
No thanks.

And I hope the Bruins have no interest in Chris Stewart.

I'm already losing faith in Bruins management and if they trade for him, I will completely lose it.

BUFFALO STILL GETTING CALLS ABOUT STEWARTBuffalo Sabres winger Chris Stewart (http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?5722) remains a fixture in the rumor mill leading up to the trade deadline. The Boston Bruins seek a top-six right wing and have had interest in the 27-year-old Stewart for some time.
The Bruins, however, could face some competition to land Stewart. The Boston Globe’s Fluto Shinzawa reports (http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/02/15/winnipeg-jets-receive-current-and-future-assets-for-evander-kane/iIG7UH5701CDjmjMLeh3VM/story.html) the Calgary Flames have the veteran winger “in their crosshairs”. The Flames are in a tight battle for a playoff berth in the Western Conference and want to get bigger at forward.
It’s rumored Sabres GM Tim Murray seeks a first- or second-round draft pick in 2015 plus a prospect for Stewart. The Flames have considerable depth in young talent, but there’s no certainty they’ll pony up the Sabres’ asking price.

Calgary may save the Bruins from themselves, FL Panthers running hard after Kessel??

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-phil-kessel-drawing-interest-from-panthers/

OpIv37
02-18-2015, 10:55 AM
That's steep for Stewart.

chernobylwraiths
02-18-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm not buying that Pysyk is NHL ready.

I'm out of market so I don't get to see a lot of games, but in the ones I've seen, Pysyk looked a bit lost. He was very raw. Risto and Zads are raw too but I'd take either of them over Pysyk to have on the ice right now. Who knows- long term, maybe Pysyk has more potential. But he's not on the ice because the guys who are on the ice are currently outplaying him.

Besides, stashing a young guy doesn't make sense. The season is a lost cause. The young guys should be taking their lumps now, so they are seasoned when the team is ready to compete. And that's what's happening with a lot of players on this team right now: Zads, Risto, Girgensons, Flynn- I'm probably forgetting some. If Pysyk was ready, he'd be there taking his lumps wit the rest of them.

I'm thinking he is NHL ready and would be a good second pairing. But I believe several factors came into play to make him stay in Rochester. One, management wants him to play and play a significant amount. I also believe he was hurt for a few weeks at the beginning o fthe year. Risto is just a better defenseman. Zadorov only has two options, keep him up or send him to juniors. He is too big for juniors and there were rumblings that if they tried to send him down to juniors, he might jump to the KHL. You already have Beniot, Mezzaros and Strachan for salary cap floor reasons, and you have (had) Myers plus you have Georges. Plus you have Weber. They have a lot of defensemen that hopefully they get rid of the three UFAs. Then there will be room. IMO, only Begosian, Georges (who might be gone for the year with injury) and Risto are better than Pysyk. He might be up soon. I just don't think they wanted him up and sitting on the bench or not getting top minutes like he could with Rochester.

But who knows, they also have Ruhwedel and McCabe in Rocherster, so they could trade him too. Murry does seem to be getting rid of a lot of Regeir's "good players".

chernobylwraiths
02-18-2015, 10:59 AM
That's steep for Stewart.

Gaustad got a first back.

But I agree, a little steep if a top prospect is part of the asking price for a rental.

GreedoII
02-18-2015, 11:52 AM
Make this trade happen. A plethora of 2's to dish out and players to get rid of. In Murray I trust...

JATMtheJATM
02-18-2015, 12:14 PM

Pysyk can crack the Sabres line up. There's just no room for him ATM. Word on him is he's been impressive in Rochester after starting slow this season. If an injury occurs on the back end, he's getting the call. But the Sabres have a full compliment of D right now.

When i saw rochester play a few weeks ago, he was very steady in his own end. Not flashy, hardly noticeable in fact. Every time the Griffins got near him with the puck, he knocked it away, broke up the pass, tied up his man, ect. He was just really solid. Very quiet, but very effective.

JATMtheJATM
02-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Calgary may save the Bruins from themselves, FL Panthers running hard after Kessel??

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-phil-kessel-drawing-interest-from-panthers/

doesnt appear to be the case.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/florida-panthers-gm-dale-tallon-addresses-phil-kessel-toronto-maple-leafs-trade-rumours/

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 12:56 PM
doesnt appear to be the case.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/florida-panthers-gm-dale-tallon-addresses-phil-kessel-toronto-maple-leafs-trade-rumours/

I would have been shocked if they were not on his NT list.

Although If I was a player, I would love to play down here, Great weather, Fine ass woman, Insane beaches, And no income tax.

JATMtheJATM
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM
I would have been shocked if they were not on his NT list.

Although If I was a player, I would love to play down here, Great weather, Fine ass woman, Insane beaches, And no income tax.

my sister lives close to the arena. I agree, its a great area. but the arena is on the edge of the god damned everglades! (across from sawgrass mills, yes, as im sure you know)

whose idea was it to put it out there? why not downtown miami, or at least closer to the metro center?

i think kessel would be great in florida, but i dont think they wanna part with the assets required to get him.

i still think the panthers are either going to be on the move soon, or have to do something dramatic. i wonder if american airlines arena in downtown miami has an ice plant?

coastal
02-18-2015, 03:39 PM
Playing for the Florida Panthers would be absolutely ****ing awesome

swiper
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM

None of the Sabres goalies are as close to the NHL as him. That said, I don't see a trade within the division happening.

The Jokeman
02-18-2015, 07:35 PM

If the Bruins don't want to move Subban, what about Stewart and the 3rd we acquired from Dallas for Joni Ortio and Calgary's 2nd?

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 09:51 PM
my sister lives close to the arena. I agree, its a great area. but the arena is on the edge of the god damned everglades! (across from sawgrass mills, yes, as im sure you know)

whose idea was it to put it out there? why not downtown miami, or at least closer to the metro center?

i think kessel would be great in florida, but i dont think they wanna part with the assets required to get him.

i still think the panthers are either going to be on the move soon, or have to do something dramatic. i wonder if american airlines arena in downtown miami has an ice plant?

Nothing like building a brand new state of the art arena in the middle of skunk ape country.

Shady business dealings abound with that, Politics and rich jerkoffs looking for quick personal gain.

In between Lauderdale and Hollywood might have been my choice, Still only 30 mins from Miami.

Plenty of wallets in the area, Also bring in a tourist or two for some games.

As for american airlines I don't think they have one, I never heard of the ice capades or disney on ice doing anything there, All BB&T center.

Sounds like the NHL is about to make a big mistake in Vegas...

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Playing for the Florida Panthers would be absolutely ****ing awesome

Hell yeah, As bad as things have been for them, You don't hear players crying about being there and wanting out.

They may be a bit nervous about going in the first place, But once they get a feel for the life they can live, They seem good to go.

Sure you have Bergy asking to be moved, But that's because he want's ice time.

If I was to adopt a team like you have with Toronto they would be it, I don't get the lightning here, I get all their insider stuff that comes along with a teams TV channel.

But the games are blacked out, I never did see how they mapped out the local TV markets for each team, But they don't share my area, Panthers country.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 10:07 PM
If the Bruins don't want to move Subban, what about Stewart and the 3rd we acquired from Dallas for Joni Ortio and Calgary's 2nd?

Sabres have plenty of cap space, Rumor has it cap is not going to move much (Might even go down thanks to Spikes funny money)

Plenty of teams are going to be farged or close to farged.

You have Toronto about to kick everyone to the curb, Boston may be in flux as well if they miss the playoffs.(Darren Dreiger)

This could be a nice off season for the Sabres with those things going down.

No need to rush before then, Sabres got what they were after, And that's a top 2 pick in this years draft.

Murray can wait around like a vulture cleaning up everyone's cap casualties.

Hell you could even add in your 2016 1st rounder to sweeten any trade deals and land BIG fish.

Do you really need more draft picks?? Have like 4500 guys waiting play as it is.

JATMtheJATM
02-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Nothing like building a brand new state of the art arena in the middle of skunk ape country.

Shady business dealings abound with that, Politics and rich jerkoffs looking for quick personal gain.

In between Lauderdale and Hollywood might have been my choice, Still only 30 mins from Miami.

Plenty of wallets in the area, Also bring in a tourist or two for some games.

As for american airlines I don't think they have one, I never heard of the ice capades or disney on ice doing anything there, All BB&T center.

Sounds like the NHL is about to make a big mistake in Vegas...

The bb&t center is really nice. Wish they still had the green seats tHough. Dunno why but it looked better.

coastal
02-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Hell yeah, As bad as things have been for them, You don't hear players crying about being there and wanting out.

They may be a bit nervous about going in the first place, But once they get a feel for the life they can live, They seem good to go.

Sure you have Bergy asking to be moved, But that's because he want's ice time.

If I was to adopt a team like you have with Toronto they would be it, I don't get the lightning here, I get all their insider stuff that comes along with a teams TV channel.

But the games are blacked out, I never did see how they mapped out the local TV markets for each team, But they don't share my area, Panthers country.
I could give a rats ass about the Lightning.

their Achilles heal is the same as last years... lack of physicality and a suspect defense. Plus I think Bishop is overrated.

Downinfloflo
02-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Sounds like Subban is off the market(More like never on it), But Chara might be in play, If I was Boston I would move a 37 year old D-MAN in a heart beat.

Let's face it, The Bruins have "The Cooties" even if they did sneak into the playoffs, They are no threat to anyone in the east.

One player Chiarelli isn’t moving is prospect goaltender Malcolm Subban (http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?7256). News of the 21-year-old Subban recent call-up prompted suggestions he was being showcased. Pierre LeBrun, however, cites a Bruins source (http://www.nicholsonhockey.com/worthreading/2015/2/17/bruins-source-to-lebrun-were-not-planning-on-trading-malcolm-subban)claiming they have no interest in moving Subban.

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli has reportedly sought help for his struggling club since November with keen interest in Buffalo Sabres winger Chris Stewart (http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?5722). His club’s recent struggles, however, could force him to bolder action.

Trade rumors are also swirling around Bruins captain Zdeno Chara (http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player.php?28). The Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson wonders (http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2015/02/17/can-bruins-win-with-this-team-or-do-they-have-to-start-reloading/) if the Anaheim Ducks could have interest in the 37-year-old Chara, citing their depth in prospects to offer up as trade bait. Such a bold move, however, is unlikely at the trade deadline. There’s no indication Chiarelli is shopping his captain, who also has a full no-movement clause.

Meathead
02-19-2015, 07:17 PM
replace the bolts in his neck hit him with lighting again and hes probably good for another couple seasons

Night Train
02-21-2015, 06:12 AM
He let in 3 goals on 3 shots in his debut.

THUD

SpikedLemonade
02-21-2015, 07:28 AM
He let in 3 goals on 3 shots in his debut.

THUD

It was brutal. None of the shots were off screens or close in. He was pulled and later put in.

He played "small".

I think he is better than that but it was a crappy debut.

JATMtheJATM
02-21-2015, 11:30 AM
probably just nerves. subban will be fine.

coastal
02-22-2015, 03:47 AM
He's got potential

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 08:39 AM
Hmm...

The Sun Sentinel's Harvey Fialkov recently told (http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/tim-and-sid/florida-panthers-clawing-for-phil-kessel/) Sportsnet's Jeff Sammut he believes the Florida Panthers have interest in Toronto Maple Leafs winger Phil Kessel. Fialkov claims Kessel would love to play for the Panthers, in part because his offseason home is in South Florida.

While the Panthers have depth in promising forwards to tempt the Leafs, Fialkov doubts they would part with Jonathan Huberdeau, Nick Bjugstad, Aleksander Barkov or Brandon Pirri. The Panthers can afford Kessel's $8 million annual salary because they won't be re-signing veteran free agents like Tomas Fleischmann and Sean Bergenheim.

Fiction, at least for the trade deadline. Panthers general manager Dale Tallon told Fialkov's colleague Craig Davis (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/sfl--panthers-gm-tallon-trade-deadline-20150217-story.html) he intends to stay the course with his youth. However, it wouldn't be surprising if Tallon checks into Kessel's availability this summer.

I can see it happening in the off season too, Not too many teams in position to take on $8m and have the prospects and picks to make a deal.

Leafs would make out as well..