The dead season...this time of year sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

The dead season...this time of year sucks.

Thankfully the Combine starts this week. Gives us something to keep track of until FA starts. Not much news out there though about the Bills. This QB situation is so huge for us. Not sure what to think about the interest in McCown but I would love to see us work a trade for Foles.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: The dead season...this time of year sucks.

I'm afraid of trading for an Eagle's qb. The last 2 times they floated a qb on the market they got great value for players who were declining drastically. Kolb and McNabb. Foles looks good enough, but the history there tells me buyer beware.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I like the offseason, although I really don't put much stock into the combine.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post

Me either. They've turned it into a marketable event. QBs who won't pass, 3rd parties explaining agility drills that only the lower round crowd bothers participating in, etc.

The whole thing reminds me of runway models who got their names in the media, who then won't strut their stuff unless they get to wear the couture from the designers their agents are already quietly working out a contract with.
        Last edited by stuckincincy; 02-17-2015, 02:16 PM.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Especially considering they wasted this years 1st round pick last year.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
            • Jul 2002

It's the time of year when every QB with a hint of availability in the league will get a thread about whether he should or should not play for the Bills. It's gotten so bad that on the Bills own message board some woman posted she had a dream that the Bills were trading for Aaron Rodgers but she killed the trade by not having sex with him.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I'll be watching the OL/TE day the most.. but I agree that the best scouting is game film and the all-star game practices from January.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                It's the time of year when every QB with a hint of availability in the league will get a thread about whether he should or should not play for the Bills. It's gotten so bad that on the Bills own message board some woman posted she had a dream that the Bills were trading for Aaron Rodgers but she killed the trade by not having sex with him.

Wonder if Tom Donahoe and JP Losman were part of that dream.

For if it weren't for the former drafting the latter we could have Rodgers on the Bills right this very moment.

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                  It's gotten so bad that I might have sex with Aaron Rodgers if that would bring him to Buffalo.

Guess I'm just that type of fella.

Comment

• Let's go buffalo
                    • Mar 2014

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                    It's gotten so bad that I might have sex with Aaron Rodgers if that would bring him to Buffalo.

Guess I'm just that type of fella.
                    To show my support for this I'd even watch. No eye contact though

Comment

• Herd bull
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
                      Thankfully the Combine starts this week. Gives us something to keep track of until FA starts. Not much news out there though about the Bills. This QB situation is so huge for us. Not sure what to think about the interest in McCown but I would love to see us work a trade for Foles.
                      This time of year is not so bad if you have a hockey team to cheer for. I think Foles is a decent qb. I would like to see him here.

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

I meant that time of year between the Senior Bowl and the start of FA.

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Herd bull View Post
                          This time of year is not so bad if you have a hockey team to cheer for. I think Foles is a decent qb. I would like to see him here.
                          I like the Sabres but being an old Islander fan is fun now...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Don't know what you guys are complaining about. Billsimpssible threads are keeping the off season alive

sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

I honestly get excited about it for the players giving it their shot. I love when hard workers put the effort into getting noticed, and get noticed for putting in the effort.

And it's a landmark on the trail to a new season of maybe. Next up will be team/player workouts, then draft, then OTA's, then camp !!! Then then....well, preseason, but cuts and adds ! Then then.....well, more preseason, but besides that, landmarks !
                              Last edited by Mace; 02-20-2015, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X