PDA

View Full Version : The dead season...this time of year sucks.

jpdex12
02-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Thankfully the Combine starts this week. Gives us something to keep track of until FA starts. Not much news out there though about the Bills. This QB situation is so huge for us. Not sure what to think about the interest in McCown but I would love to see us work a trade for Foles.

Buffalogic
02-17-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm afraid of trading for an Eagle's qb. The last 2 times they floated a qb on the market they got great value for players who were declining drastically. Kolb and McNabb. Foles looks good enough, but the history there tells me buyer beware.

YardRat
02-17-2015, 02:02 PM
I like the offseason, although I really don't put much stock into the combine.

stuckincincy
02-17-2015, 02:15 PM

Me either. They've turned it into a marketable event. QBs who won't pass, 3rd parties explaining agility drills that only the lower round crowd bothers participating in, etc.

The whole thing reminds me of runway models who got their names in the media, who then won't strut their stuff unless they get to wear the couture from the designers their agents are already quietly working out a contract with.

TacklingDummy
02-17-2015, 02:23 PM
Especially considering they wasted this years 1st round pick last year.

Albany,n.y.
02-17-2015, 02:31 PM
It's the time of year when every QB with a hint of availability in the league will get a thread about whether he should or should not play for the Bills. It's gotten so bad that on the Bills own message board some woman posted she had a dream that the Bills were trading for Aaron Rodgers but she killed the trade by not having sex with him.

Night Train
02-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I'll be watching the OL/TE day the most.. but I agree that the best scouting is game film and the all-star game practices from January.

swiper
02-17-2015, 03:50 PM
It's the time of year when every QB with a hint of availability in the league will get a thread about whether he should or should not play for the Bills. It's gotten so bad that on the Bills own message board some woman posted she had a dream that the Bills were trading for Aaron Rodgers but she killed the trade by not having sex with him.

Wonder if Tom Donahoe and JP Losman were part of that dream.

For if it weren't for the former drafting the latter we could have Rodgers on the Bills right this very moment.

feldspar
02-18-2015, 04:09 AM

It's gotten so bad that I might have sex with Aaron Rodgers if that would bring him to Buffalo.

Guess I'm just that type of fella.

Let's go buffalo
02-18-2015, 08:39 AM
It's gotten so bad that I might have sex with Aaron Rodgers if that would bring him to Buffalo.

Guess I'm just that type of fella.

To show my support for this I'd even watch. No eye contact though

Herd bull
02-19-2015, 11:16 PM
Thankfully the Combine starts this week. Gives us something to keep track of until FA starts. Not much news out there though about the Bills. This QB situation is so huge for us. Not sure what to think about the interest in McCown but I would love to see us work a trade for Foles.
This time of year is not so bad if you have a hockey team to cheer for. I think Foles is a decent qb. I would like to see him here.

jpdex12
02-20-2015, 11:02 AM
I like the offseason, although I really don't put much stock into the combine. I meant that time of year between the Senior Bowl and the start of FA.

jpdex12
02-20-2015, 11:05 AM
This time of year is not so bad if you have a hockey team to cheer for. I think Foles is a decent qb. I would like to see him here. I like the Sabres but being an old Islander fan is fun now...

justasportsfan
02-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Don't know what you guys are complaining about. Billsimpssible threads are keeping the off season alive

:couch:

Mace
02-20-2015, 05:09 PM

I honestly get excited about it for the players giving it their shot. I love when hard workers put the effort into getting noticed, and get noticed for putting in the effort.

And it's a landmark on the trail to a new season of maybe. Next up will be team/player workouts, then draft, then OTA's, then camp !!! Then then....well, preseason, but cuts and adds ! Then then.....well, more preseason, but besides that, landmarks !