X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CommissarSpartacus
    • Mar 2003

LOL! Adam Shefter reads my stuff!

I haven't seen anyone but me make this case.

Maybe others have, but I haven't seen it.

But this is exactly what I suggested...

During a radio appearance, ESPN's Adam Schefter brought up a conspiracy theory that suggests the Colts, not the Patriots, deflated a football.

Deflategate conspiracy theory suggests Colts deflated Patriots' ball

by Sam Richmond 1w ago

During a radio appearance, ESPN’s Adam Schefter brought up a conspiracy theory that suggests the Indianapolis Colts, not the New England Patriots, deflated a football.

In the weeks leading up to Super Bowl XLIX, the New England Patriots’ empire fell under intense scrutiny over allegations that the team deflated footballs in the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

However, is it possible the Patriots, perhaps the most hated NFL team of the past 15 years, were framed?

ESPN’s Adam Schefter, during a radio appearance on WEEI in Boston, discussed a conspiracy theory that is floating around, which suggests that the Colts were responsible for a deflated football.

From Pro Football Talk:

“I do think there are people who believe that,” Schefter said. “I know there are people who believe that. . . . I’ll just say, I’m not even going to specify, there are people who believe that, OK? There are people who believe that. And I think there are people who have heard that theory and who say, ‘That’s impossible.’”

The key to this conspiracy theory is a detail from an Ian Rapoport (NFL Network) report that the NFL has found that only one football was two pounds under the 12.5 PSI and the other 10 under-inflated footballs were only barely below 12.5 PSI. From there, the theory would go that the Colts took the ball that linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted in the first half and deflated it and then gave it to the referee for inspection in order to frame the Patriots.

Sure, this theory sounds crazy on the surface, but it can’t be completely dismissed if it turns out that the only significantly deflated ball was the one was Jackson intercepted.

...more...
    My tebya razdavim
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: LOL! Adam Shefter reads my stuff!

I think you should go back to always annoy the whole board with you being a fanboy of the backup QB, thats what you did 10 years ago IIRC. At least, that was entertaining...

Comment

• Spartacus
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Topas View Post
      I think you should go back to always annoy the whole board with you being a fanboy of the backup QB, thats what you did 10 years ago IIRC. At least, that was entertaining...
      It'd be interesting if it turns out all you guys were ready to lynch the innocent victims, huh?

Would you be embarrassed if you had to admit you were a willing member of a lynch mob?
      My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
        • Mar 2003

It gets better and better.

Pro Football Talk picks up the story...

New Deflategate theory: Colts deflated ball after Jackson’s pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2015, 7:03 PM EST

Deflategate may now have more conspiracy theories than the Kennedy assassination. Here’s the latest: It was the Colts, not the Patriots, who deflated a football in the AFC Championship Game.

Several reports have indicated that the Colts first noticed that the Patriots were deflating footballs when linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted a Tom Brady pass and the ball felt flat. The new conspiracy theory is that after Jackson’s interception, the Colts took some air out of that football on their own sideline before handing it over to the officials to have it tested.

It’s not completely clear where this conspiracy theory started, but it was floated today on Boston radio station WEEI, when Adam Schefter of ESPN was a guest. After the host proposed to Schefter that “The Colts deflated the one ball that D’Qwell Jackson intercepted, and all the other balls were just a tick under,” Schefter said that’s a theory he’s heard.

...and...

It’s still unclear how many of the Patriots’ 12 offensive footballs were found to be deflated, and by how much. There have been reports that 11 of the 12 balls were significantly under-inflated, and if those reports are correct, then the theory that the Colts deflated a ball wouldn’t explain why 10 other balls were under-inflated. But there have also been reports that only one ball was significantly under-inflated, and that other balls were either within the correct inflation range or only barely under-inflated. If those reports are true — and if the one ball that was significantly under-inflated was the one that the Colts handed over to the officials after Jackson’s interception — that could lend some credence to the new conspiracy theory. And, of course, if that’s found to be true, then the Colts would find themselves in hot water with the league.

...more...

I know where this "conspiracy theory" started.

Right here...

BTW, I hope everyone notices how "the Colts did it" is a "conspiracy theory" whereas "the Pats did it" isn't.
        Last edited by CommissarSpartacus; 02-18-2015, 06:52 AM.
        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Topas
          German smartass
          • Feb 2014

I willingly admit that I would lynch innocents as long as they are members of the patriots...
          I mean, they owe me (and all the other football fans) at least one due to past misdeeds that they were not brought to justice for.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Troll level 99999999999999999

Comment

• Downinfloflo
              Victimizing The Victimizer
              • Aug 2012

Sounds like the think tank at the NFL has been working overtime on how to spin this story into a complete mess that no one will ever know WTF really happened.

Pretty soon Bills fans will start thinking it was them who deflated the footballs.
              Last edited by Downinfloflo; 02-18-2015, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                Sounds like the think tank at the NFL has been working overtime on how to spin this story into a complete mess that no one will ever know WTF really happened.

Pretty soon Bills fans will start thinking it was them who deflated the footballs.
                I didnt think this thread could get any more dumb, then Deflate-gate was compared to 9/11

Just wow

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
                  I didnt think this thread could get any more dumb, then Deflate-gate was compared to 9/11

Just wow
                  It's a topic me and Sparty talk about often.

Comment

• Spartacus
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post

Just wow
                    Who compared Deflate-gate to 9/11?
                    My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      Who compared Deflate-gate to 9/11?
                      Another conspiracy..

Comment

• Spartacus
                        • Mar 2003

A history of bad blood between the two clubs...

Loud and Cleared: N.F.L. Says Colts Didn’t Pump in Noise

By JUDY BATTISTA
                        Published: November 6, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS, Nov. 5 — In case the New England Patriots’ fourth-quarter comeback to beat the Indianapolis Colts did not do enough to stoke the N.F.L.’s best rivalry, what came afterward surely will.

The National Football League cleared the Colts on Monday of complaints made by the Patriots — and first reported by Yahoo Sports — that the Colts had pumped artificial crowd noise into the RCA Dome during Sunday’s game.

An odd reverberating sound pattern could be heard on the CBS broadcast, but not inside the stadium. A statement released by the N.F.L. said CBS had explained the “unusual audio moment” as being the result of tape feedback.

The Colts (7-1) had been suspected by opponents of pumping up the crowd noise in the already thunderous RCA Dome, but they have never been found in violation of the rules.

“We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way,” the Colts said in a statement.

The allegations will do nothing to enhance the frosty relationship between the organizations.

Coach Bill Belichick also said Monday that the Patriots (9-0) did not have use of the coach-to-quarterback communication system.

“Basically, we didn’t have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that’s the way it was,” Belichick said in Foxborough, Mass. “What all was going on, I can’t tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless.”

...more...
                        My tebya razdavim

Comment

• Spartacus
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Downinfloflo View Post
                          Another conspiracy..
                          So, any time someone disagrees with the mob, it's a "conspiracy theory"?
                          My tebya razdavim

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Because it's Indi that has the fumble statistical outlier.

thread over.

i win.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

yawn...

Comment

Working...
                              X