PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Adam Shefter reads my stuff!

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 06:20 AM
I haven't seen anyone but me make this case.

Maybe others have, but I haven't seen it.

But this is exactly what I suggested...

http://fansided.com/2015/02/06/deflategate-conspiracy-theory-suggests-colts-deflated-patriots-ball/

Deflategate conspiracy theory suggests Colts deflated Patriots' ball

by Sam Richmond 1w ago

During a radio appearance, ESPN’s Adam Schefter brought up a conspiracy theory that suggests the Indianapolis Colts, not the New England Patriots, deflated a football.

In the weeks leading up to Super Bowl XLIX, the New England Patriots’ empire fell under intense scrutiny over allegations that the team deflated footballs in the AFC Championship game against the Indianapolis Colts.

However, is it possible the Patriots, perhaps the most hated NFL team of the past 15 years, were framed?

ESPN’s Adam Schefter, during a radio appearance on WEEI in Boston, discussed a conspiracy theory that is floating around, which suggests that the Colts were responsible for a deflated football.

From Pro Football Talk:

“I do think there are people who believe that,” Schefter said. “I know there are people who believe that. . . . I’ll just say, I’m not even going to specify, there are people who believe that, OK? There are people who believe that. And I think there are people who have heard that theory and who say, ‘That’s impossible.’”

The key to this conspiracy theory is a detail from an Ian Rapoport (NFL Network) report that the NFL has found that only one football was two pounds under the 12.5 PSI and the other 10 under-inflated footballs were only barely below 12.5 PSI. From there, the theory would go that the Colts took the ball that linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted in the first half and deflated it and then gave it to the referee for inspection in order to frame the Patriots.

Sure, this theory sounds crazy on the surface, but it can’t be completely dismissed if it turns out that the only significantly deflated ball was the one was Jackson intercepted.

...more...

Topas
02-18-2015, 06:30 AM
I think you should go back to always annoy the whole board with you being a fanboy of the backup QB, thats what you did 10 years ago IIRC. At least, that was entertaining...

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 06:45 AM
I think you should go back to always annoy the whole board with you being a fanboy of the backup QB, thats what you did 10 years ago IIRC. At least, that was entertaining...

It'd be interesting if it turns out all you guys were ready to lynch the innocent victims, huh?

Would you be embarrassed if you had to admit you were a willing member of a lynch mob?

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 06:50 AM
It gets better and better.

Pro Football Talk picks up the story...

New Deflategate theory: Colts deflated ball after Jackson’s pick

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 6, 2015, 7:03 PM EST

Deflategate may now have more conspiracy theories than the Kennedy assassination. Here’s the latest: It was the Colts, not the Patriots, who deflated a football in the AFC Championship Game.

Several reports have indicated that the Colts first noticed that the Patriots were deflating footballs when linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted a Tom Brady pass and the ball felt flat. The new conspiracy theory is that after Jackson’s interception, the Colts took some air out of that football on their own sideline before handing it over to the officials to have it tested.

It’s not completely clear where this conspiracy theory started, but it was floated today on Boston radio station WEEI, when Adam Schefter of ESPN was a guest. After the host proposed to Schefter that “The Colts deflated the one ball that D’Qwell Jackson intercepted, and all the other balls were just a tick under,” Schefter said that’s a theory he’s heard.

...and...

It’s still unclear how many of the Patriots’ 12 offensive footballs were found to be deflated, and by how much. There have been reports that 11 of the 12 balls were significantly under-inflated, and if those reports are correct, then the theory that the Colts deflated a ball wouldn’t explain why 10 other balls were under-inflated. But there have also been reports that only one ball was significantly under-inflated, and that other balls were either within the correct inflation range or only barely under-inflated. If those reports are true — and if the one ball that was significantly under-inflated was the one that the Colts handed over to the officials after Jackson’s interception — that could lend some credence to the new conspiracy theory. And, of course, if that’s found to be true, then the Colts would find themselves in hot water with the league.

...more...

:rofl:

I know where this "conspiracy theory" started.

Right here...

BTW, I hope everyone notices how "the Colts did it" is a "conspiracy theory" whereas "the Pats did it" isn't.

Topas
02-18-2015, 06:56 AM
I willingly admit that I would lynch innocents as long as they are members of the patriots...
I mean, they owe me (and all the other football fans) at least one due to past misdeeds that they were not brought to justice for.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2015, 07:01 AM
Troll level 99999999999999999

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Sounds like the think tank at the NFL has been working overtime on how to spin this story into a complete mess that no one will ever know WTF really happened.

Pretty soon Bills fans will start thinking it was them who deflated the footballs.

Pinkerton Security
02-18-2015, 07:06 AM
Sounds like the think tank at the NFL has been working overtime on how to spin this story into a complete mess that no one will ever know WTF really happened.

Pretty soon Bills fans will start thinking it was them who deflated the footballs.

I didnt think this thread could get any more dumb, then Deflate-gate was compared to 9/11

Just wow

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:08 AM
I didnt think this thread could get any more dumb, then Deflate-gate was compared to 9/11

Just wow

It's a topic me and Sparty talk about often.

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:08 AM

Just wow

Who compared Deflate-gate to 9/11?

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Who compared Deflate-gate to 9/11?

Another conspiracy.. :whistling

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:12 AM
A history of bad blood between the two clubs...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/06/sports/football/06patriots.html

Loud and Cleared: N.F.L. Says Colts Didn’t Pump in Noise

By JUDY BATTISTA
Published: November 6, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS, Nov. 5 — In case the New England Patriots’ fourth-quarter comeback to beat the Indianapolis Colts did not do enough to stoke the N.F.L.’s best rivalry, what came afterward surely will.

The National Football League cleared the Colts on Monday of complaints made by the Patriots — and first reported by Yahoo Sports — that the Colts had pumped artificial crowd noise into the RCA Dome during Sunday’s game.

An odd reverberating sound pattern could be heard on the CBS broadcast, but not inside the stadium. A statement released by the N.F.L. said CBS had explained the “unusual audio moment” as being the result of tape feedback.

The Colts (7-1) had been suspected by opponents of pumping up the crowd noise in the already thunderous RCA Dome, but they have never been found in violation of the rules.

“We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way,” the Colts said in a statement.

The allegations will do nothing to enhance the frosty relationship between the organizations.

Coach Bill Belichick also said Monday that the Patriots (9-0) did not have use of the coach-to-quarterback communication system.

“Basically, we didn’t have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that’s the way it was,” Belichick said in Foxborough, Mass. “What all was going on, I can’t tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless.”

...more...

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:14 AM
Another conspiracy.. :whistling

So, any time someone disagrees with the mob, it's a "conspiracy theory"?

coastal
02-18-2015, 07:16 AM
Because it's Indi that has the fumble statistical outlier.

thread over.

i win.

Historian
02-18-2015, 07:17 AM
yawn...

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:18 AM
So, any time someone disagrees with the mob, it's a "conspiracy theory"?

Anytime you disagree with the mob, Your an enemy...And a freak weirdo!!

And yes it is, Not to me personally, But to the vast majority of society.

We witness it everyday..

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:23 AM

We witness it everyday..

Indeed we do.

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:27 AM
Because it's Indi that has the fumble statistical outlier.

thread over.

i win.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/jim-irsay-mug-03172014.jpg

Kraft, Brady and Belichek are jealous that they don't have mug shots of their own...

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:47 AM
And BTW, for those of you who fulminate about the integrity of the game...

The Colts TANKED a season to draft Andrew Luck.

Bill Belichek, Tom Brady and Bob Kraft have NEVER tanked a season.

EricStratton
02-18-2015, 07:52 AM

We witness it everyday..

Not true.

Sometimes when you disagree with the mob you're not the enemy, you're just wrong.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
Not true.

Sometimes when you disagree with the mob you're not the enemy, you're just wrong.

And sometimes the mob is wrong.

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 07:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/7381/suspension-hurts-jim-irsay-more-than-the-colts

Suspension hurts Jim Irsay more than Colts
September, 2, 2014

By Mike Wells | ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- It’s probably a toss-up in deciding which was quicker: Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay's escape from the media by going through an underground tunnel at the Hamilton County courthouse or NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's announcement of Irsay's fine and suspension.

Goodell needed only about three hours after Irsay pleaded guilty to impaired driving to announce that the owner would be suspended for six games and fined $500,000 for violating the league’s Personal Conduct Policy.

...and...

Jim Irsay isn’t one of those owners who simply shows up on game day and hangs out in a suite eating fancy food and sipping exotic beverages. The one-time general manager is a very hands-on owner. He’s a regular at the team’s facility during the week, he constantly talks to Grigson and Pagano, and he’s always inside the locker room after games. Irsay was given the game ball after the Colts beat the Denver Broncos in Week 7 last season.

...more...

Does anyone doubt that Jim Irsay is capable of pulling a dirty trick like this?

He has a beef against the Pats.

Grigson has a beef against the Pats.

The NFL guy that coordinated with Grigson is an ex Ravens exec with a beef against the Pats.

Oh, and apparently they had the under-inflated ball on the Colts sideline for 20 minutes before they turned it over to the officials....

Mr. Miyagi
02-18-2015, 07:59 AM
Yes Spartacus, the entire universe has always revolved around you and you only. :rolleyes:

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Yes Spartacus, the entire universe has always revolved around you and you only. :rolleyes:

It's not fair that I should rag on you guys for an innocent mistake like this?

I didn't join in on the lynch mob, not because I thought it was BS, but because I have to be different than everyone else?

Joe Fo Sho
02-18-2015, 08:13 AM
The Colts TANKED a season to draft Andrew Luck.

This is the most ridiculous conspiracy ever. Every single person who would have been in charge of the 'tanking' was fired after that season. You think the GM, Head Coach, and Assistant Coaches all agreed that they should lose their jobs for the betterment of the future of the team? That's ridiculous.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 08:21 AM
I blame Peyton Manning for crying to the NFL and lobbying for the ability to bring your own footballs to use during the game.

"Wahhh, I don't like the way the balls feels" Jim Kelly should ***** slap him.

Before this, I never knew that teams did that, I thought everyone used the same football.

I kind of lost a little respect for this generation of QB's.

sukie
02-18-2015, 08:24 AM
I can't understand why kickers use different balls.

Joe Fo Sho
02-18-2015, 08:25 AM
I blame Peyton Manning for crying to the NFL and lobbying for the ability to bring your own footballs to use during the game.

"Wahhh, I don't like the way the balls feels" Jim Kelly should ***** slap him.

Before this, I never knew that teams did that, I thought everyone used the same football.

I kind of lost a little respect for this generation of QB's.

I don't necessarily blame them for trying to get the rule changed, but I do blame the NFL for allowing it. The footballs should be controlled by a neutral party, it's really not that hard.

Let's go buffalo
02-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Is this guy serious?

Albany,n.y.
02-18-2015, 08:27 AM
The ball was deflated by the Colts before the interception because they knew that by deflating the ball 2 PSIs would slightly throw off Brady & it would be easier to intercept the ball. The NFL has a videotape of the Colts switching one of their balls for one of the Patriots balls. In fact, the perpetrator is a well known Indianapolis pickpocket who was bailed out of jail by Mr Irsay himself one day before the game. If Shefter mentions this latest conspiracy theory, it will be proof he reads this board for his material.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 08:27 AM
I can't understand why kickers use different balls.

When did they sneak all of this **** in there???

Kicking footballs have more PSI then throwing ones...Each QB get's to play with his own balls for a week before the game...(I do to not gonna lie)

To me that's the real story here...

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 08:29 AM
This is the most ridiculous conspiracy ever. Every single person who would have been in charge of the 'tanking' was fired after that season. You think the GM, Head Coach, and Assistant Coaches all agreed that they should lose their jobs for the betterment of the future of the team? That's ridiculous.

Just proves what a douchebag Irsay is.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/peyton-manning-gets-colts-owner-to-fire-the-gm/

PFT – We have our first stunner of Black Monday. Colts Vice Chairman Bill Polian and his son G.M. Chris Polian are out in Indianapolis… The departure of the Polian clan is a seismic decision by owner Jim Irsay after Polian served the team successfully for 14 years. Bill Polian took over as G.M. in early 1998 and made Peyton Manning his first draft pick with the team… Irsay is very close to Manning and there was apparent friction between the quarterback and general manager in recent weeks. Polian seemed almost certain to draft a quarterback No. 1 and had been closely tied to Andrew Luck, who yet another Polian worked with at Stanford.

Is 2012 off to the best start in the history of years or is it just me? Forget the Jets. They’re irrelevant. The Patriots have had one true rival in this decade- the Colts- and now they’re finished too. Peyton Manning misses a year and they not only tank their season, the second the thing is over they form a circular firing squad. Just the very idea that the Polians would do their due diligence on Luck, a once-in-a-generation talent, was enough to make Manning run up the back stairs to the owner’s office, whining and *****ing and demanding Irsay push a button on them. Unbelievable. I mean, the season didn’t even end 24 hours ago. Irsay barely had enough time to put some plastic sheeting down on the carpet before he was giving them two in the hat. Anything to keep Mr. “I Want to Be a Good Teammate But…” happy.

Of course I’m not crying for Dr. Evil and Mini Me. This was the same Bill (Na)Polian who used his spot on the Competition Committee to make up special rules that favored the Colts. Who acted all holier-than-thou and accused the Pats of cheating, but then piped crowd noise into his own stadium. This is the guy who preached about honor and integrity but when his team had a chance at a perfect season, ordered his coach to bench starters and basically threw a game. And this year, an entire season. No, this serves him right. If 2011 proved anything it’s that the Colts are a one-man band who were lucky enough 14 years ago to have the No. 1 pick and without it they’d be nothing. NaPolian owes his whole career to Manning, it’s only fitting that he’d owe his unemployment to him too. The only downside of this I can see is, what are we going to do next year with no more rivals? @JerryThornton1

UPDATE: Manning says he’s “stunned” by the firing. In other news, Brutus just announced he can’t believe Caesar is dead.

Joe Fo Sho
02-18-2015, 08:38 AM
Just proves what a douchebag Irsay is.

That proves nothing.

Downinfloflo
02-18-2015, 08:39 AM
What need's to happen to the Patriots for people to be happy????

Historian
02-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Bill Belichek, Tom Brady and Bob Kraft have NEVER tanked a season.

Victor Kaim and Dick MacPhereson did.

CommissarSpartacus
02-18-2015, 09:41 AM
That proves nothing.

I'm sure nothing would.

Joe Fo Sho
02-18-2015, 09:47 AM
I'm sure nothing would.

Do you see the irony with this?

You claim the fumble stats prove nothing against NE, but can't understand how this proves nothing against Irsay? The fact is that neither prove anything.

You're being wishy washy again.