• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Sam Bradford Seeking Trade

Also, Les Snead would never be my GM

Bring him in and protect him and he can be very effective IMO. He would be my top target.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Sam Bradford Seeking Trade

Can he play outside in Buffalo weather?

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

bleh...

That means the Bills would have to give up an asset PLUS pay him 13 million a year or so (what he is making this season...doubt he will want to take a pay cut)

That's a lot to invest in a guy who has been very unimpressive in a dome....who is injured more often than Rob Johnson...
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

tough call on a trade for him. Not sure you can give up value for an often injured QB. The salary for 1 year isn't the end of the world for me, we have cap room. I wouldn't give up more then a 5th or 6th

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

No one is going to trade for an oft injury average QB with a 16m or whatever stupid number his contract is.

St Louis is stuck with him and he with them.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
            bleh...

That means the Bills would have to give up an asset PLUS pay him 13 million a year or so (what he is making this season...doubt he will want to take a pay cut)

That's a lot to invest in a guy who has been very unimpressive in a dome....who is injured more often than Rob Johnson...
            Generally agree, but if the high priced contract reduces the trade compensation a team like the Bills, with a fair amount of cap room, could take advantage of that. Not sure I would advocate for going after Bradford if a trade was required, but definitely something the Bills should explore at a minimum.

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
              No one is going to trade for an oft injury average QB with a 16m or whatever stupid number his contract is.

St Louis is stuck with him and he with them.
              Check the state of QBs in the NFL then reconsider this.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Check the state of QBs in the NFL then reconsider this.
                There's only a handful of teams where Bradford might be an upgrade to the current QB.

Problem is, are you gonna wanna pay a dude 16m or whatever stupid number salary he has for a guy who if you're lucky will play 8 games?

Even protecting the guy doesn't matter, he barely got touched last year in a preseason game against Cleveland and bam, done for the year.

He's every bit as brittle as Kevin Kolb.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

There's only a handful of teams where Bradford might be an upgrade to the current QB.

Problem is, are you gonna wanna pay a dude 16m or whatever stupid number salary he has for a guy who if you're lucky will play 8 games?

Even protecting the guy doesn't matter, he barely got touched last year in a preseason game against Cleveland and bam, done for the year.

He's every bit as brittle as Kevin Kolb.
                  He'd be an absolute upgrade for:
                  Buffalo (worst QB situation in the NFL)
                  Tennessee
                  Tampa Bay
                  NYJ
                  Cleveland
                  Houston

Arguably:
                  Washington
                  Cincinnati
                  Jacksonville (never happening but Bortles has a ways to go)
                  Kansas City
                  Chicago (chemistry reasons and fan relations)
                  Arizona

There is not much out there. If he's trying to force his way out of STL I'd make a call.

And yes I'd pay him that $13m base salary on a 1 year deal as he's an impending FA and I have a team that is built to win right now if it can get competent QB play. We have 29m in cap space.
                  Last edited by Mouldsie; 02-18-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

he's also a step up from EJ, and this team is REALLY hurting for QB.

I'd say give the rams a 5th and renegotiate Bradford's last year (16mil) into a 1 year extension
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                      he's also a step up from EJ, and this team is REALLY hurting for QB.

I'd say give the rams a 5th and renegotiate Bradford's last year (16mil) into a 1 year extension
                      And why would Bradford renegotiate unless your one year extension is giving him major bucks guaranteed?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

And why would Bradford renegotiate unless your one year extension is giving him major bucks guaranteed?
                        same reason every player renegotiates. more money NOW. He's due to make 13 mil this year, give him all 13 mil on signing for the extension, then give him a base salary of 3mil this year and 7mil next year. he makes 10 more mil, 13 immediately, has a contract not so back-loaded it will hurt the team next year, furthermore if he plays lights out, the bills will have incentive to sign him to another extension NEXT off-season to bring that possible cap number down.

Its a win/win for both sides. we'd get him for 9.5mil this year (granted 14mil the year after) have some assurance that he's still under contract if he comes in and takes the league by storm (who has he EVER had to throw to?), furthermore it give Sam some $$ in his pocket and the bills some stability at qb for more then one season.
                        Last edited by Ingtar33; 02-18-2015, 04:30 PM.
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

I just watched Les Snead speaking on NFL Network at Indy this afternoon say the exact opposite...that Bradford is his QB.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            I just watched Les Snead speaking on NFL Network at Indy this afternoon say the exact opposite...that Bradford is his QB.
                            Yeah, publically supporting current players is normal but when it comes down to brass tacks....

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

I'd look at Bradford if he were a UFA but actually trading for him ?

It's like buying a lemon automobile, knowing it's going to be in the shop a lot when you depend on it. Then you're always driving a bad loaner ( backup QB ) .
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X