PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Overrated Free Agents Players

YardRat
02-19-2015, 04:04 AM
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/38467/20150218/2015-nfl-free-agents-top-5-most-overrated-free-agents-players-possible-destinations-this-offseason.htm

5. C.J. Spiller
C.J. Spiller is a young talented running back who was drafted No. 9 overall in 2010. In his five seasons with the Buffalo Bills, Spiller has protected the ball, had a 1,244 yard season in 2012 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SpilC.00.htm) and he averages five yards per carry. What's not to love?

In a word, health. Spiller has potential but he just can't stay on the field enough to get a big contract. Last season Spiller broke his collarbone, and only started five games. Spiller has only managed to start 36 games in his five seasons with 12 career rushing touchdowns. For perspective, DeMarco Murray had 13 rushing touchdowns this season. Spiller is a great teammate, but it's just not worth risking high value on him when you have other great running backs on the open market.

swiper
02-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Disagree with Spiller. A collarbone is a fluke thing. And the Bills held him out longer with the leg thing than they had too. He has had two or three injuries and two or bad Bills coaches. He could be the free agent pick-up of 2015 to the right team.

As I posted previously, the Lions are going to cut the cord with Reggie Bush. Spiller could fit there. There are other spots for him.

Can you picture the Seahawks with a Lynch/Spiller combo?

swiper
02-19-2015, 05:15 PM
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/38467/20150218/2015-nfl-free-agents-top-5-most-overrated-free-agents-players-possible-destinations-this-offseason.htm

This whole article is kinda stupid. You've gotta get better sources than this. Welker is obvious and no one is going to look at him for his work as a Patriot anymore. The author is just wrong about Spiller and Forsett. Vick is not over-rated. He's done as a pro. So even writing about him is a waste of time. And the system that Crabtree played in and the QB that threw to him are both the over-rated thing. You will see with Roman. Crabtree would be a #1 WR for Tony Romo or Tom Brady. If Tom Brady can make Brandon LaFell look good, he make Crabtree look like Rice.

And 49er fans were spitting fire at Roman all this year. They wanted him out. So, of course, the average Bills fan completely overlooks that and embraces him as the franchise savior. See: better days.

YardRat
02-19-2015, 08:38 PM
I agree with you on Crabtree, he could be somewhat worth the investment depending on where he lands. Welker and Vick are both toast, but somebody will sign them, and regardless of the dollar amount it's going to be too much. Forsett is a risk, again it depends on who he signs with. I don't see Spiller breaking bank with anybody. It's pretty much a given that at the end of this season there will be a list of worst FA acquisitions and it will look a lot different than these five.

swiper
02-20-2015, 03:19 AM
Crabtree aside, I think the rest of those players realize they aren't going to break anyone's bank. Crabtree, IDK.