X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Doug Whaley with Murph

I actually thought his interview was very informative. Usually it is cheap answer after cheap answer but I actually think that he gave some information that people can play off of. It sounds like the Bills really want to bring Hughes and Spiller back but sounds like they are willing to let Brandon Spikes and D'Norris Searcy go.

That means you can expect Duke Williams or Baccari Rambo at safety next year. He also made it clear that Defensive line is huge for this team because of the lack of a marquee quarterback. This makes me think that if they cant reach a deal with Hughes that another pass rusher could be on the docket either in FA or fairly early in the draft this year. He didn't seem to think much of RB but he could have been doing that on purpose.

Two quarterbacks. I would suspect you'll see a vet(McCown, Hoyer, Sanchez) and a late round QB draft pick.

Sounds to me as if the priority is re-sign Hughes and to fix the offensive line in FA. Which makes me think they are targeting big WR/TE in the draft and maybe a DT/DE
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Doug Whaley with Murph

Spiller is a FA now, how is that wanting to bring him back.

Comment

• Dr. Who
      • Jul 2002

I don't think Spiller is coming back. Rb and te are deep in the draft.
      They want to resign Hughes and I surmise they may try and extend Dareus.
      Otherwise, I think a vet qb and o-line are the priorities in free agency.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        It was Spiller's option to ask out of the last year on the deal, not the Bills.

I think the Bills would like to have Spiller back, but not at the price he can get from the Jets or another team.

Comment

• gonzo1105
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          yea i actually listened to the interview it was an opt out based on playing time which obviously he didnt get. That automatically made him a FA. He said they have made an offer to him and are awaiting back from his agents. That means they want to bring him back. Did I state how badly? No but they are at least throwing him an offer to see if he'll stay.

Comment

Working...
          X