PDA

View Full Version : John Elway Says He's Still Waiting On Manning's Final Decision

BillsImpossible
02-19-2015, 06:02 PM
I thought Peyton Manning said he was, 'mentally and physically prepared,' to play again in 2015?

Elway says he wants Peyton back, but he's waiting on him to make a final decision even though the two just met this past weekend and Manning told him he wants to come back.

Maybe the reporters got it wrong, and Manning didn't say he wanted to come back?

But Gary Kubiak said the exact same thing at the combine today, and basically admitted it.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-Manning-going-through-the-process/ad648848-0be4-4539-a0b7-95f85a048df0

"I think all indications are that everything he said and through his conversations with John, he feels good, and he's had his self assessment or however you want to label that and he feels good about moving forward."

So why is John Elway now saying that the Broncos are waiting on Peyton Manning after he already said he wants to come back and feels good moving forward?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472026/article/elway-were-still-waiting-for-mannings-final-decision

Elway's comments came as a surprise after multiple outlets, including NFL Media, reported that Manning communicated to Elway he'd like to return (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470493/article/peyton-manning-tells-broncos-brass-he-wants-to-return) during a face-to-face meeting last week in Denver.

Downinfloflo
02-19-2015, 06:05 PM
You won't let it go, HE WILL NOT BE A BUFFALO BILL HE WILL RETIRE BEFORE HE DOES THAT

BillsImpossible
02-19-2015, 06:17 PM
No way in football hell does Manning retire.

You really think Manning is going to pass up the opportunity to beat Brady and Belichick if the Broncos release him?

Who else his he going to play for? The Browns? Jets? Bucs? Jags? Bears? Texans?

He's not going to retire based on his own comments made to John Elway.

Why is Elway saying this?

BillsImpossible
02-19-2015, 06:31 PM
If the Broncos release Manning, I will be highly surprised if he signs with any other team besides the Bills.

There is no other team in the league that is a great quarterback away from having a great chance to win the Super Bowl.

It is what it is. If Manning comes to Buffalo, the Bills are an instant Super Bowl contender in Vegas without a doubt.

Who would disagree with that?

elltrain22
02-19-2015, 07:05 PM
If you really think Peyton Manning would ever play in Buffalo, I have some magic beans that you can buy!! These beans, if planted might even turn into a magic beanstalk!!

IlluminatusUIUC
02-19-2015, 07:05 PM
There is no other team in the league that is a great quarterback away from having a great chance to win the Super Bowl.

Arizona, Houston, and St. Louis stand out. And none are cold weather outdoor teams.

BillsImpossible
02-19-2015, 07:08 PM
I think this is the most interesting story of the off-season by a mile.

"Something's going on here, it's a little strange."

Manning's camp says that the Broncos haven't fully committed and the Broncos are saying that Manning hasn't fully committed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472072/article/21-takeaways-from-thursday-at-the-combine

Here are our other 20 takeaways from Thursday at the combine:
1. Is it just us, or does something still feel, well, off about this Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) and Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/player/peytonmanning/2501863/profile) situation?

Last week, the word was out that Manning told John Elway in a face-to-face meeting that he wanted to return for another season in Denver.

On Thursday, Elway told reporters (http://www.nfl.com/share/page/site/nfl-com/www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000472026/article/elway-were-still-waiting-for-mannings-final-decision) he wants Manning to return, but has yet to get a final decision from his quarterback. Huh?

Elway went on to sidestep a question about whether Manning's contract has played a role in the unsettled nature of the situation.

This could still go in two very different directions.

BillsImpossible
02-19-2015, 07:18 PM
Arizona, Houston, and St. Louis stand out. And none are cold weather outdoor teams.

The Bills have how many cold games a year on average? 2 or 3 at most.

Denver doesn't have warm either, so the whole playing in a warm climate shouldn't be an issue.

Arizona? That's interesting. Would Peyton want to finish his career in the sunny southwest, or battle it out with Brady in the AFC East?

YardRat
02-19-2015, 08:22 PM
Truth be told, I think deep down in Manning's soul the very last thing he wants to do is face Brady twice a season, and he's probably hoping Tommy-Boy retires just as much as Bills fans do.

Downinfloflo
02-19-2015, 08:23 PM

Denver doesn't have warm either, so the whole playing in a warm climate shouldn't be an issue.

Arizona? That's interesting. Would Peyton want to finish his career in the sunny southwest, or battle it out with Brady in the AFC East?

He's Brady's ***** so Arizona.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-19-2015, 08:29 PM

Yes, but Manning's three seasons on Denver all ended in catastrophic losses outdoors, in the cold. The only reason to come back is for a ring, and you have a hell of time getting through the AFC without a cold weather outdoor playoff game.

As for Brady, we as fans assume he sees the Patriots as his natural rival but we don't know that for sure. What if he'd rather go to the south and beat the Colts? Or revenge himself of the Seahawks for knocking his dick in the dirt?

TacklingDummy
02-19-2015, 08:43 PM
Manning a Bill means Super Bowl.

Skooby
02-19-2015, 08:51 PM

I agree, we'd be pretty hard to beat.

Mace
02-19-2015, 09:02 PM
It's what Favre did, what I think Brady won't do. Waffle.

Sub par qb's can get away with it for years, happily riding the pines for one more chance. The best ones mostly need to consider making their brilliant careers end by sending themselves off into retirement with poor self esteem or go out with a smirk and a shrug.

Manning...I almost think he's struggling with the idea of becoming a different adaptable QB to get some twilight glory in a variation of offensive system, which might well be possible. If so though, it will be in Denver, working with Elway and Kubiak.

Terrible risk by now for anyone else to trash their system to build his old one, and for him to run it...and why step into in an unknown fresh if you can work with a known flexible.

I'd like to see Peyton get another title to cap his career, Elway is best talking him into the possibility, I don't think Elway misses much and if he says maybe I'd probably believe it. Probably best for everyone, including him, if he doesn't try it elsewhere.

stuckincincy
02-20-2015, 05:06 PM

Not at BUF - a club that has had their qbs - for years - fire off the ball as quick as possible thanks to an uncanny ability to not field a decent OL. After Fitz came the crutch for Manuel, that "quick paced" offense.

Manning in BUF means a 1 read Manning which means all he has to offer is an aging body and arm. Until he gets flattened big time.

Mace
02-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Manning in BUF means a 1 read Manning which means all he has to offer is an aging body and arm. Until he gets flattened big time.

That's not fair, they'll give him 2 reads. One of them has to be the checkdown to the back in traffic behind the line so he can at least almost throw it before getting flattened or get that completion for between -2 and 2 yards so his completion percentage makes him feel better while he's laying in the cold tub so sore he can't move.

YardRat
02-20-2015, 06:13 PM
"Losing feeling in my tooooes..."

BillsImpossible
02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
"Losing feeling in my tooooes..."

I seriously thought that I'd wake up this morning and hear that Peyton Manning and the Broncos agreed to agree.

Still nothing. Something's going on in Bronco country.

My guess is that Peyton Manning will not restructure his contract in the way the Broncos want and need.

If the Broncos want to remain viable, they have to sign a lot of players.

They can't sign Thomas, Franklin, Thomas and keep Manning tooes.

DynaPaul
02-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I agree, we'd be pretty hard to beat.

Except for in the playoffs where Manning excels at choking.

CoolBreeze
02-21-2015, 10:13 AM

As long as Eli Manning is playing in the NFC, Peyton will not play for an NFC team

Generalissimus Gibby
02-21-2015, 03:53 PM
Unless we start 8-0 and play all of our December games in Domes or in Florida I DO NOT WANT PEYTON and HE WOULD NOT WANT TO COME HERE. Manning is absolutely terrible in bad weather. He is statistically the best QB the game has ever seen, but he just would not be a good fit here.

BillsImpossible
02-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Unless we start 8-0 and play all of our December games in Domes or in Florida I DO NOT WANT PEYTON and HE WOULD NOT WANT TO COME HERE. Manning is absolutely terrible in bad weather. He is statistically the best QB the game has ever seen, but he just would not be a good fit here.

If Manning is so bad in cold weather, then why has he done so well in Denver, Colorado?

BillsImpossible
02-21-2015, 03:58 PM
Another day passes by and still nothing on Manning.

Will the Broncos release him?

With each and every passing day, the likelihood of that happening increases.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-22-2015, 10:53 AM
It sounds like Denver wants him back but doesn't want to be on the hook for the 21.5 min he would cost this year i still think he ends up back with the Broncos.