X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

thinking about our 2nd year O LINEMAN

Seantrel Henderson, cyrus Kouandjio, and cyril richardson. 3 rookies who are now in there 1st true offseason.

just listening to mike mayock on nfl network he just said about one prospect all the tools just needs 2 years to get strength up

all of the o lineman of ours will be much improved IMO yes one could remain a bust or become one

however these guys should be up to speed with their power and should all improve big time this season
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: thinking about our 2nd year O LINEMAN

2 of the 3 should be good, everything being equal.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think you hope for the best and they improve but both Kujo and Richardson were large disappointments last year. Kujo barely saw the field and looked completely overmatched when he did. Richardson saw more action but didn't fair much better. At first we were thinking maybe we got two steals in the draft who could develop into dependable starters and now I think we're just hoping they become stable backups.

Henderson will be interesting to watch, he had a great first half of the year but seemed to struggle in the second half. He looked plain worn out by the end of the year and was getting beat consistently. He's the one I think you really focus on this offseason/camp.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

I still maintain drafting 3 OLs with a mind to keep them all on the roster was risky. 3 rookies make for a big bite out of the OL complement.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

I would love to see the Kyle Orton all the throws that used to be posted. I used to watch those to look at the OL, so hard to look at OL during the game live as you only really notice them when they get beat.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
            I still maintain drafting 3 OLs with a mind to keep them all on the roster was risky. 3 rookies make for a big bite out of the OL complement.
            The upside is if two of the three develop, the OL should be good for a long period of time & at a relative low cost at that.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Kujo was young enough that it was not hard to forecast him struggling. As he matures, you would expect he would gain more strength and also benefit from more repetitions. That said, he was incredibly bad for a 2nd round pick so he obviously has the most work to do of any lineman on the Bills roster, just to maintain a spot on the roster for the 2015 season.

Richardson, on the other hand, was older than the average rookie and did not suffer from a lack of strength. As a lower round pick it is not surprising he struggled. The question with him will be whether he can translate the game experience and pre-season work this year into improved performance. I doubt the Bills will be relying on him to start this season, but I bet they hope he improves enough to fill in if an injury occurs at the guard spot.

Henderson got lots of playing time last season but was not particularly good. Not surprising again, but with that experience more will be expected of him this season so he needs to show he can play if he wants to maintain his starting spot. Would not be surprising if the team brings in some stiff competition for him, so he still needs to keep working.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

Kujo has bust written all over him and it will be due to his attitude.

He expected to be drafted in the 1st round and when he wasn't, he didn't suck it up to work hard to prove they were wrong.

If he maintains the same attitude, he will soon be out of football.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  I think you hope for the best and they improve but both Kujo and Richardson were large disappointments last year. Kujo barely saw the field and looked completely overmatched when he did. Richardson saw more action but didn't fair much better. At first we were thinking maybe we got two steals in the draft who could develop into dependable starters and now I think we're just hoping they become stable backups.

Henderson will be interesting to watch, he had a great first half of the year but seemed to struggle in the second half. He looked plain worn out by the end of the year and was getting beat consistently. He's the one I think you really focus on this offseason/camp.
                  and what im getting both kujo and richardson should have nfl strength now im not saying their technique will be better but they shouldnt be over matched psychically this season

and 16 game schedule they have done it now they are supposed to be pros.

look ill be happy if one of the 3 end up being a legit starter for the next x number of years
                  Last edited by djjimkelly; 02-20-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                    and what im getting both kujo and richardson should have nfl strength now im not saying their technique will be better but they shouldnt be over matched psychically this season

and 16 game schedule they have done it now they are supposed to be pros.

look ill be happy if one of the 3 end up being a legit starter for the next x number of years
                    Well, they may have better technique next year as well.

I read that Rex Ryan's Coaching staff is one of the largest in the entire NFL & there is a lot of experience on it.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Well, they may have better technique next year as well.

I read that Rex Ryan's Coaching staff is one of the largest in the entire NFL & there is a lot of experience on it.
                      Great. That sound like a contemporary school system - the $ goes to overhead and the wallets of administration and to the union teachers, first of all.
                      Last edited by stuckincincy; 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        Great. That sound like a contemporary school system - the $ goes to overhead and the wallets of administration and to the union teachers, first of all.
                        Really? Because admin and union teachers is a way for the incompetent (along with a few who are, of course) to sift off a large amount of available wealth.
                        In this case, we have presumably competent teachers hired for their expertise who will be directly involved in teaching. Hiring more teachers who teach means "smaller" classrooms which usually means better results.

The analogy of "too many cooks" is more relevant, though one presumes that if there is a cohesive philosophy, the increase in expertise will merit better results than a team that lacks the same number of qualified coaches.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                          Really? Because admin and union teachers is a way for the incompetent (along with a few who are, of course) to sift off a large amount of available wealth.
                          In this case, we have presumably competent teachers hired for their expertise who will be directly involved in teaching. Hiring more teachers who teach means "smaller" classrooms which usually means better results.

The analogy of "too many cooks" is more relevant, though one presumes that if there is a cohesive philosophy, the increase in expertise will merit better results than a team that lacks the same number of qualified coaches.
                          Agreed, when you have a number of different Coaches, they have to be on the same page, teaching the same thing.

I heard that Marrone liked to get involved with the OL Coaching & that he taught different techniques than his OL Coaches did last year.

That could be the reason the OL took a step back aside from lack of talent.

The article I read about Ryan's staff called it an all star staff, but he has some young guys on it as assistants as well, such as Bobby April Jr Coaching LB's.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Kujo needs to improve just to be called a bust.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post

Bull. Cries for smaller classes is a tool to increase union employment. I was educated in the "baby boomer" generation. I did not suffer a whit by being in 40+ classrooms, and like any kid, I not only did not want to be singled out for "individual" attention, I joined the whole class in avoiding it.

Smell today's coffee - children aren't students, they are merely head counts, economic units to be manipulated to maximize federal/state/local funding to feed the staff. You should pay attention to the internecine fights waged by school jurisdictions hot after that almighty buck to put into their pockets and insure their golden retirements...

Comment

Working...
                              X