PDA

View Full Version : Thurman Thomas on 97Rock this AM

YardRat
02-20-2015, 04:09 PM
Anybody else catch Thurman on the radio this AM? He basically said the coaching last season was a cluster****, especially regarding EJ Manuel. Marrone, Hackett, the QB coach (I forget his name atm) all telling EJ different things at different times, and no cohesiveness amongst the staff.

Hopefully Marrone bailing is the best thing that could have happened to this team, and many of the players on the offensive side of the ball. Too bad Schwartz and most of the D staff had to be sacrificed with them, though.

Mace
02-20-2015, 05:01 PM
Anybody else catch Thurman on the radio this AM? He basically said the coaching last season was a cluster****, especially regarding EJ Manuel. Marrone, Hackett, the QB coach (I forget his name atm) all telling EJ different things at different times, and no cohesiveness amongst the staff.

Hopefully Marrone bailing is the best thing that could have happened to this team, and many of the players on the offensive side of the ball. Too bad Schwartz and most of the D staff had to be sacrificed with them, though.

I'm still baffled by the Ryan hire, though well entertained by Rexfest so far.

I have a feeling Marrone was headed for Jauron Middlin' Land, if being occasionally able to get past 8-8, and that this will shake it up enough to go in one direction or another. I just hope it's the right direction. Still don't really understand why, if they wanted a Defense background guy they didn't just hire Schwartz (though I'm no real fan of Schwartz as an HC) and still get Roman but hey.

I'll admit I'm excited about seeing a Rex Defense with the players we have...and I'm looking forward to seeing what Roman can do, and I'll admit I'm glad Marrone/Hackett/Morris are out of here. Still think they seriously mishandled Manuel from the start, regardless of his eventual results.

better days
02-20-2015, 05:18 PM

I have a feeling Marrone was headed for Jauron Middlin' Land, if being occasionally able to get past 8-8, and that this will shake it up enough to go in one direction or another. I just hope it's the right direction. Still don't really understand why, if they wanted a Defense background guy they didn't just hire Schwartz (though I'm no real fan of Schwartz as an HC) and still get Roman but hey.

I'll admit I'm excited about seeing a Rex Defense with the players we have...and I'm looking forward to seeing what Roman can do, and I'll admit I'm glad Marrone/Hackett/Morris are out of here. Still think they seriously mishandled Manuel from the start, regardless of his eventual results.

A number of different people have said there is no better motivator than Rex Ryan.

Players, Coaches & members of the media have said this about Rex. I believe that is the reason he was hired by the Pegulas.

Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com was on The Shredd & Ragan show on the EDGE just after Marrone QUIT.

Florio said there was no way in the World Rex would accept the Bills Coaching job.

Florio said Rex would end up in Atlanta or Chicago. Rex was a great get for the Bills & he will make the Bills relevant again real soon.

Mace
02-20-2015, 05:25 PM
A number of different people have said there is no better motivator than Rex Ryan.

Players, Coaches & members of the media have said this about Rex. I believe that is the reason he was hired by the Pegulas.

I'd agree. I think he fired up the Pegulas themselves into the "need to have" mood.

DesertFox24
02-20-2015, 06:15 PM
Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

Mace
02-20-2015, 06:47 PM
Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

How do you feel about Florio though ?

sudzy
02-21-2015, 05:15 AM
Florio said there was no way in the World Rex would accept the Bills Coaching job.

Florio said Rex would end up in Atlanta or Chicago. Rex was a great get for the Bills & he will make the Bills relevant again real soon.

I remember Charley Casserly Saying there was no chance Mario would come to Buffalo. To the national media, Buffalo is NFL Siberia. A place were players and coaches go to die. Pegula and Rex are going to change that view.

Historian
02-21-2015, 07:05 AM
How the hell would Thurman Thomas know...was he in their meetings?

:rolleyes:

Goobylal
02-21-2015, 07:25 AM

I don't doubt the coaching sucked. Been saying that for over a year now. And I'm glad Marrone made it easy for the Bills by leaving, otherwise it would have been more of the same, i.e. great defense and ST's and lousy offense.

I also thought the Bills should have gone with an offensive-minded HC. But getting Ryan and hopefully improving the defense, and adding Roman, are pretty good IMHO. And I suspect that if the Bills had selected a first-time HC, Schwartz would have been pissed at being passed-over and left anyway.

GvilleBills
02-21-2015, 07:57 AM
Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

- - - Updated - - -

Florio is a hack

I'm so tired of mixed messages, why can't anyone just say what they mean anymore?!?

better days
02-21-2015, 08:04 AM

Most likely Thurm was told this by players who were Coached by Marrone & his staff.

I posted before YardRat started this thread that I heard Marrone was teaching the OL different techniques than his OL Coaches were teaching.

Dr. Who
02-21-2015, 08:06 AM
I wanted Hue Jackson and to keep Schwartz. I was trying to be cautiously optimistic about Ryan, but I am just plain optimistic recently.
I have a feeling it's going to work. We are spending money on quality coaches across the board.
You have to believe we will bring in a few significant free agents. Looks like Hughes is likely to be resigned. Now extend Dareus . . .

I hope Thurman isn't just talking out of his hat (or misplaced helmet.) I've been maintaining hope for EJ, despite all the contempt and pessimism thrown his way -- and towards those of us who still give him a shot. Certainly Thurman's surmise is consistent with what some of us have been speculating.

At the very least, even most of the naysayers recognize what a decent and hard-working fellow he is. It would be really nice if he improved a lot with the new regime. The team would instantly become dangerous for anyone to play.

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2015, 08:20 AM
I remember Charley Casserly Saying there was no chance Mario would come to Buffalo. To the national media, Buffalo is NFL Siberia. A place were players and coaches go to die. Pegula and Rex are going to change that view.
I'll admit I didn't think we'd get Rex either.

Perhaps after all these years of the media treating Buffalo as Siberia and essentially being right, we all got a little North Korea style brainwashed and started believing it.

justasportsfan
02-21-2015, 10:00 AM

Mike Florio of profootballtalk.com was on The Shredd & Ragan show on the EDGE just after Marrone QUIT.

You're only as good as your last performance. What people say doesn't mean squat because Rexys motivation didn't do anything for him with jets. I know he didn't have the talent but it's a wait and see for me with Rexy

YardRat
02-21-2015, 10:52 AM

IIRC he mentioned being around the team and players a lot last season, and expected his 'role' (whatever that was) to be expanded under the new staff.

swiper
02-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Thurman Thomas can say whatever he wants. But the FACT remains that Marrone took the Bills, and their lousy offense lead by their lousy QBing to a 9-7 record. Better than the 4 guys before him. I didn't like the Marrone hire. Never liked him much. But he did what he did. And beat Ryan twice last year with those QBs.

And Ryan is such a great motivator he took those AFC championship teams right down to 4 - 12. Another FACT.

better days
02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
You're only as good as your last performance. What people say doesn't mean squat because Rexys motivation didn't do anything for him with jets. I know he didn't have the talent but it's a wait and see for me with Rexy

I don't think anyone should have any problem with wait & see.

It is when people are not willing to do that is when there is a problem IMO.

better days
02-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Thurman Thomas can say whatever he wants. But the FACT remains that Marrone took the Bills, and their lousy offense lead by their lousy QBing to a 9-7 record. Better than the 4 guys before him. I didn't like the Marrone hire. Never liked him much. But he did what he did. And beat Ryan twice last year with those QBs.

And Ryan is such a great motivator he took those AFC championship teams right down to 4 - 12. Another FACT.

Yeah, Rex got rid of all the GOOD players on the Jets & drafted CRAP to replace them.

Did not sign any needed Free Agents.

Never mind, it was Idzik that did that.

swiper
02-21-2015, 03:45 PM
Yeah, Rex got rid of all the GOOD players on the Jets & drafted CRAP to replace them.

Did not sign any needed Free Agents.

Never mind, it was Idzik that did that.

Yeah. We did this exercise already. For the mentally challenged that need it again. Idzik brought:

Eric Decker & Percy Harvin - drastically upgraded WR corps

Chris Ivory & Chris Johnson

Mike Vick after dumping Tannenbaum's idea of Tim Tebow. Vick was considered one of the best choices at that time. And he had played in Marty Mornhinweg's Eagle offense.

He dumped Sanchez and a dead Bart Scott. He added Willie Colon, Dawan Landry, Antoine Barnes and got them former Seahawk Breno Giacomini (http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-5/Breno-Giacomini-Standing-Tall-at-Right-Tackle/2224246e-e1c1-4860-ba0d-d7ab071225f6).

He brought several good draft picks to the team in 2 short years: Calvin Pace, Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, and Jace Amaro.

So he did nothing but bolster the Jets roster. A roster with a solid d-line and LBs as well as D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold.

And your fat, bumbling boy Rex Ryan lied to Chris Johnson. Johnson told Rich Eisen this week:

“When I sat down and talked to Rex before I signed with the Jets, my role and my situation was explained to me totally different to what actually happened,” Johnson said

Again. Rex Ryan refuses to be a head coach and be involved in the offense. It was his failure with the Jets. Not the GM.

better days
02-21-2015, 04:01 PM
Yeah. We did this exercise already. For the mentally challenged that need it again. Idzik brought:

Eric Decker & Percy Harvin - drastically upgraded WR corps

Chris Ivory & Chris Johnson

Mike Vick after dumping Tannenbaum's idea of Tim Tebow. Vick was considered one of the best choices at that time. And he had played in Marty Mornhinweg's Eagle offense.

He dumped Sanchez and a dead Bart Scott. He added Willie Colon, Dawan Landry, Antoine Barnes and got them former Seahawk Breno Giacomini (http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-5/Breno-Giacomini-Standing-Tall-at-Right-Tackle/2224246e-e1c1-4860-ba0d-d7ab071225f6).

He brought several good draft picks to the team in 2 short years: Calvin Pace, Dee Milliner, Sheldon Richardson, and Jace Amaro.

So he did nothing but bolster the Jets roster. A roster with a solid d-line and LBs as well as D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold.

And your fat, bumbling boy Rex Ryan lied to Chris Johnson. Johnson told Rich Eisen this week:

Again. Rex Ryan refuses to be a head coach and be involved in the offense. It was his failure with the Jets. Not the GM.

ANYONE that thinks those players Brought ANYTHING of VALUE to the Jets is mentally challenged.

The Jets #1 NEED was DB's

And Chris Johnson said it was not Rex's decision about what happened to him, it was Idzik that LIED according to Johnson.

swiper
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Well that was a direct quote from Johnson.

And he did bring Landry and Milliner. Yes. Milliner got hurt. But you're an excuse machine. Talk to a Jets fan about Ryan. He was 4 - 12. If Idzik was the only problem they would have kept Ryan and just replaced Idzik.

Talk about what you know. Which isn't much.

swiper
02-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Then there are always Rex's in-game calls. They are right in line with Jauron, Gailey and Marrone.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-tomaso/rex-ryan-blows-golden-opp_b_1951130.html

swiper
02-21-2015, 04:43 PM
http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/12/22/7433289/patriots-loss-highlights-rex-ryans-problems

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16068/rex-admits-clock-management-faux-pas

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/273051-ryan-clock-management-issues

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/rex-my-bad-on-clock-management-1.253453

The Jets nearly lost Sunday’s game with the Buccaneers because of poor clock management, and coach Rex Ryan declined to discuss the snafus at his Monday news conference.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/09/seconds-guessing-rex-avoids-questions-on-jets-clumsy-clock-use/

Green Day: Rex Ryan must fix his clock play

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/30980/green-day-rex-must-fix-his-clock-play

justasportsfan
02-21-2015, 07:21 PM
I always though Rexy was a crappy gameday HC. If he didnt have the game won before they stepped on the field, it would be a long day for his team. He cant touch Bellicheat when it comes to gameday coaching especially when the game is close.

Mace
02-21-2015, 08:22 PM
I always though Rexy was a crappy gameday HC. If he didnt have the game won before they stepped on the field, it would be a long day for his team. He cant touch Bellicheat when it comes to gameday coaching especially when the game is close.

That's sort of his issue, he's not a good tactical HC past defense, which a lot of people ignore in saying he was the best HC candidate available, Truth is, he was the best motivating charismatic, defensive guru candidate. But Green Bay's McCarthy dorks up on gameday, and Carroll even (and yes, I realize what cushion McCarthy & Carroll have in their personnel).

I've said the hire baffles me and it does, but I think Roman is a more assertive, capable OC then lil Schottzy, Sparano or Mornhinwheg were, if somewhat more limited in focus, and Ryan had to earn some things from New Jersey, so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with this. Still baffles me though.

Oaf
02-21-2015, 11:46 PM

I know that 9-7 number seems great, but that Patriots win only means so much. And with arguably the second best defense in the league? At or just above .500? That better be the case, even with arguably the second worst offense in the league.

swiper
02-22-2015, 04:07 AM
I know that 9-7 number seems great, but that Patriots win only means so much. And with arguably the second best defense in the league? At or just above .500? That better be the case, even with arguably the second worst offense in the league.

Playing devil's advocate, he had no viable QB all season, was only in his second season on the job and showing progress getting to or over 0.500. How often over the entire history of the Bills in the NFL have we fans seen that? Can count on one hand.

Goobylal
02-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Playing devil's advocate, he had no viable QB all season, was only in his second season on the job and showing progress getting to or over 0.500. How often over the entire history of the Bills in the NFL have we fans seen that? Can count on one hand.
Orton was a far more viable QB than any of the Jets' QB's. That's not even debatable. As for the defenses and ST's, the Bills were far and away better. Even as it stands right now, EJ is a better QB than anyone the Jets have, and the Bills still have a better defense and ST's, which were the backbone of the defense and not attributable to Marrone.

swiper
02-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Orton was a far more viable QB than any of the Jets' QB's. That's not even debatable. As for the defenses and ST's, the Bills were far and away better. Even as it stands right now, EJ is a better QB than anyone the Jets have, and the Bills still have a better defense and ST's, which were the backbone of the defense and not attributable to Marrone.

Did you see Geno Smith's final game of 2014? He was 20 of 25 for 358. 3 TDs/0 INTs.

Goobylal
02-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Did you see Geno Smith's final game of 2014? He was 20 of 25 for 358. 3 TDs/0 INTs.
..and? One good game, in the "run for the bus" game, doesn't mean much. Just like the Bills beating the Pats the last game of the season.

better days
02-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Well that was a direct quote from Johnson.

And he did bring Landry and Milliner. Yes. Milliner got hurt. But you're an excuse machine. Talk to a Jets fan about Ryan. He was 4 - 12. If Idzik was the only problem they would have kept Ryan and just replaced Idzik.

Talk about what you know. Which isn't much.

You are the person that does not know what he is talking about.

Google; Johnson lied to & you will see it was Idzik, the person that signed him to the Jets, that Johnson said lied to him, NOT Rex.

And I have two Jets boards saved in my favorites, Gang Green & the Landing Strip. I check them both out regularly & spent a lot of time reading those boards when it looked like Marrone was going to take a job there.

Most Jets fans blame Idzik for the Jets troubles, not Rex.

trapezeus
02-23-2015, 10:31 AM
better days tends to be very optimistic, but i agree with him,swiper. living in nyc and with lots of jet friends, they all said as the season wore on that idzik did this and that they didn't want to lose rex in the process.

i will also say that rex style probably has a shelf life of 5 years. being brash, believing in the team, taking the media bullets. but if you don't get results in the first 5 years, he probably loses the locker room over time if he doesn't have aa certain level of success.

there literally is no one the bills can hire to take the risk out of the equation. no former superbowl winning coach has gone on to do it again with another team. not every coordinator go on to be great.

given what we know about the coordinators and options, rex was a solid choice. it may not look much different than other hires, but at least they tried something different and got a guy that other teams were trying to get.

better days
02-23-2015, 10:48 AM
better days tends to be very optimistic, but i agree with him,swiper. living in nyc and with lots of jet friends, they all said as the season wore on that idzik did this and that they didn't want to lose rex in the process.

i will also say that rex style probably has a shelf life of 5 years. being brash, believing in the team, taking the media bullets. but if you don't get results in the first 5 years, he probably loses the locker room over time if he doesn't have aa certain level of success.

there literally is no one the bills can hire to take the risk out of the equation. no former superbowl winning coach has gone on to do it again with another team. not every coordinator go on to be great.

given what we know about the coordinators and options, rex was a solid choice. it may not look much different than other hires, but at least they tried something different and got a guy that other teams were trying to get.

And as bad as the Jets were the last two years, Rex did not lose that locker room.

Proof of that is as has been pointed out, the Jets dominated the Fins in the last game of the year.

And the Fins were not playing their scrubs in that game like the Pats* did against the Bills.

DesertFox24
02-23-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm so tired of mixed messages, why can't anyone just say what they mean anymore?!? For the record I wrote that on my cell phone and there was an error. It was supposed to be only one post.

better days
02-23-2015, 10:51 AM
For the record I wrote that on my cell phone and there was an error. It was supposed to be only one post.

I'm pretty sure GvilleBills was joking with that post of his.

That is how I took it anyway.

swiper
02-23-2015, 01:06 PM
And as bad as the Jets were the last two years, Rex did not lose that locker room.

Proof of that is as has been pointed out, the Jets dominated the Fins in the last game of the year.

And the Fins were not playing their scrubs in that game like the Pats* did against the Bills.

When it was a well known fact that Ryan was out the door weeks before this and the players didn't give a ****. It certainly showed they their disdain for the disorganized bumbler.

The players showed the fans they were better than they were being given credit for under the poor leadership of Ryan.

I post facts. The blind and ignorant ignore them.

Goobylal
02-23-2015, 01:29 PM
When it was a well known fact that Ryan was out the door weeks before this and the players didn't give a ****. It certainly showed they their disdain for the disorganized bumbler.

The players showed the fans they were better than they were being given credit for under the poor leadership of Ryan.

They were still being led by Ryan at that point. That they waited until the end of the season to show up proves their team is full of idiots. And that won't change much under Bowles.

better days
02-23-2015, 02:02 PM

You post facts?????????????

You posted Johnson said Rex Ryan lied to him.

The FACT is Johnson said John Idzik LIED to him. That is the REAL FACT.

Only the blind & ignorant try to pass off FALSEHOODS as facts.

And it would be you doing that.

swiper
02-24-2015, 03:21 AM
You post facts?????????????

You posted Johnson said Rex Ryan lied to him.

The FACT is Johnson said John Idzik LIED to him. That is the REAL FACT.

Only the blind & ignorant try to pass off FALSEHOODS as facts.

And it would be you doing that.

Again, the quote in post 19 was a direct quote from Johnson. FACT.

So FO.

kishoph
02-24-2015, 06:25 AM
Most likely Thurm was told this by players who were Coached by Marrone & his staff.

I posted before YardRat started this thread that I heard Marrone was teaching the OL different techniques than his OL Coaches were teaching.

Including the TEs' coach there were like 4 different coaches that had input into the OL, I doubt that it was very cohesive group, it certainly didn't look like it was.

better days
02-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Again, the quote in post 19 was a direct quote from Johnson. FACT.

So FO.

Johnson said the Jets lied to him when he signed with them.

When he said that, Johnson was referring to John Idzik as he was the representative of the Jets that signed him.

Headline from the NY Post reads Chris Johnson: Idzik lied to me about Jets playing time.

As I said before if you Google Johnson Jets lied to, you will see a number of hits for that & they all say IDZIK was the person that lied to Johnson.

The FACT is you tried to pass off a falsehood as a fact.

You are too blind & ignorant to get the real facts correct.

YardRat
02-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Let's try and have one day where you two avoid hurling insults at each other, Mmmmkay?

better days
02-24-2015, 06:52 AM
Including the TEs' coach there were like 4 different coaches that had input into the OL, I doubt that it was very cohesive group, it certainly didn't look like it was.

And the staff of Rex Ryan is the 2nd largest in the NFL. It is important that everyone is on the same page in regards to the technique they want taught.

I heard former Bucs OL Ian Beckles address this a while back. The Bucs were a bad team when Beckles played for them & a number of coaching changes were made in his career.

Beckles said one year, the new coach told him to do just the opposite of what he had been told to do the year before by his last coach.

It sounds like Marrone & company were doing that at the same time last year.

better days
02-24-2015, 06:54 AM
Let's try and have one day where you two avoid hurling insults at each other, Mmmmkay?

I was just throwing back his insult to me word for word.

colin
02-24-2015, 09:11 AM
i was just a bit over luke warm to Rex, but when he brought in Roman for OC, i was quite happy.

roman is a guy who is very innovative within the framework of power offense with lots of formations. he's also pretty aggressive and has a no quit and strong killer instinct in his play calling.

combine that with what i am saying here is gonna be one of the best Ds in the nfl in the past decade and a top flight special teams unit, and we just need some OL and an RB to make our team able to control most every game. i like it.

swiper
02-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Johnson said the Jets lied to him when he signed with them.

When he said that, Johnson was referring to John Idzik as he was the representative of the Jets that signed him.

Headline from the NY Post reads Chris Johnson: Idzik lied to me about Jets playing time.

As I said before if you Google Johnson Jets lied to, you will see a number of hits for that & they all say IDZIK was the person that lied to Johnson.

The FACT is you tried to pass off a falsehood as a fact.

You are too blind & ignorant to get the real facts correct.

I posted a direct quote from Chris Johnson to Rich Eisen. So FOAD, Try again. Loser.

Goobylal
02-24-2015, 04:54 PM
I posted a direct quote from Chris Johnson to Rich Eisen. So FOAD, Try again. Loser.
Do a search on "Chris Johnson," "Rich Eisen" and "lied" and all you get is Johnson saying Idzik lied to him.

swiper
02-24-2015, 04:59 PM
You use Dr. Google when you're sick too. lol.

A direct quote is a direct quote.

Idzik is a convenient scapegoat. Doesn't the head coach control who's on the field on Sunday? Umm. Yes he does. And he put Ivory out there over Johnson.

Or... like I have pointed out numerous times, Mornhinweg made the calls because Ryan wasn't involved, at all, with his offense. Which makes him a lousy head coach.

better days
02-24-2015, 05:03 PM

Your direct quote from Chris Johnson says NOTHING about Rex.

You WRONGLY ASSUMED it was about Rex.

The REALITY is it was about Idzik!

swiper
02-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Your direct quote from Chris Johnson says NOTHING about Rex.

You WRONGLY ASSUMED it was about Rex.

The REALITY is it was about Idzik!

Let me post it again for the ******ed in the group:

“When I sat down and talked to Rex before I signed with the Jets, my role and my situation was explained to me totally different to what actually happened,” Johnson said

So Idzik was coaching the team? LOL. Idiots.

Goobylal
02-24-2015, 05:18 PM
"I think last year, with the organization, I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands." Hence the dysfunction. End of thread.

swiper
02-24-2015, 05:20 PM
I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands," Johnson said. "A lot of the things that we were doing I think it was out of Rex's hands. Don't nobody know but it was a [bad] situation."

In other words, Johnson had no f-cking idea. But the head coach was Rex Ryan and he was in charge of who was on the field for each play on Sundays, not the GM. Dumb @sses.

- - - Updated - - -

"I think last year, with the organization, I think a lot of the stuff was out of Rex's hands." Hence the dysfunction. End of thread.

Join the dumbassery club.

Goobylal
02-24-2015, 05:22 PM
In other words, Johnson had no f-cking idea. But the head coach was Rex Ryan and he was in charge of who was on the field for each play on Sundays, not the GM. Dumb @sses.

- - - Updated - - -

Join the dumbassery club.
You moron, Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do, so forgive me for not believing the idiocy you spout and listening to him instead. I don't know how many times you need to hear that the dysfunction on the Jets started at the top, hence the reason they let Idzik go as well. Otherwise they would have fired Ryan and kept Idzik. And I haven't heard a single player say a bad thing about Ryan yet.

swiper
02-24-2015, 05:28 PM
You moron, Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do, so forgive me for not believing the idiocy you spout and listening to him instead. I don't know how many times you need to hear that the dysfunction on the Jets started at the top, hence the reason they let Idzik go as well. Otherwise they would have fired Ryan and kept Idzik. And I haven't heard a single player say a bad thing about Ryan yet.

You're the moron. Reading comprehension. He said, "I don't know". Dumb ass. He was assuming. But he admitted he had no idea. Dumb ass. The head coach controls who's on the field on Sunday. Or, on the Rex Ryan Jets, the OC did. LOL.

They FIRED BOTH Ryan and Idzik.

The players don't say bad things about Ryan because he takes blame off their ****ty play in post-game press conferences. Of course they're going to give him a pass. It doesn't make him a good coach in any way. If you don't understand that, well you've proven - you're an idiot.

Goobylal
02-24-2015, 05:46 PM
You're the moron. Reading comprehension. He said, "I don't know". Dumb ass. He was assuming. But he admitted he had no idea. Dumb ass. The head coach controls who's on the field on Sunday. Or, on the Rex Ryan Jets, the OC did. LOL.

They FIRED BOTH Ryan and Idzik.

The players don't say bad things about Ryan because he takes blame off their ****ty play in post-game press conferences. Of course they're going to give him a pass. It doesn't make him a good coach in any way. If you don't understand that, well you've proven - you're an idiot.
Johnson thinks he knows who it to blame, but you know because you were there, right? LOL! Again, anyone who isn't braindead will go with the player and not you.

Yep, again, if Ryan was the problem, Idzik would still be their GM. Or be able to find another job in the NFL.

And as for the players not saying anything because he covered for them, that's a laugher. The good players would have slammed Ryan, and yet they didn't.

Shady25
02-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Kiko thinks that you guys arguing is funny. Partially because of how inept Swiper is about what he is talking about. Kiko thinks you should just drop your argument, it was Idzik who was blamed, the starting RB believed that it was out of Rex's hands. I doubt secretly not known by the players Rex pushed every button and called every shot, only to have his fecal matter all roll down hill on Idzik, while he gets out spotless with players all continuously supporting him.

swiper
02-25-2015, 03:46 AM
Johnson thinks he knows who it to blame, but you know because you were there, right? LOL! Again, anyone who isn't braindead will go with the player and not you.

Yep, again, if Ryan was the problem, Idzik would still be their GM. Or be able to find another job in the NFL.

And as for the players not saying anything because he covered for them, that's a laugher. The good players would have slammed Ryan, and yet they didn't.

I don't know what part of the player saying, "I don't know" that Gloobyal doesn't get. LOL. Talk about braindead. There is much of that goes on this board.

swiper
02-25-2015, 04:02 AM
That brings us to Ryan.

Everyone seems to want to excuse Ryan because of a lack of talent. But this defense has eight first-round picks on it. The defensive line may be the best in football. And it is easy to prematurely rip apart Idzik’s drafts, but the foundation of this team should have arrived before 2013. Under Tannenbaum, Ryan had plenty of say over personnel and he made his share of mistakes evaluating talent. Don’t forget the Jets selected a cornerback in the first round in 2010, but Kyle Wilson is unreliable, which helped create the void at the position. There are no players on this team from the 2008 or 2009 drafts. Wilson is the only one left from 2010 (John Conner just returned last week, but was gone for two years).
Ryan’s teams seem to have the same problems every year. He has not developed a quarterback, or really any offensive players. The offense has not had an identity since 2010, vacillating between Ground and Pound and relying on the pass. The defense disappears when it matters most. They commit stupid penalties.
All of this falls on Ryan.

link (http://nypost.com/2014/10/07/idzik-taking-shots-but-plenty-of-fault-to-go-around/)

Fans of moderate intelligence often pile on a convenient scapegoat without really knowing anything about what actually happened behind the scenes. The Zone is peppered with such fans. Love Rex. Blame Idzik for everything. Check back in a couple of years. The Jets fans were all giddy when he finally brought in Marty Mornhinweg like you all are over Roman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856500-san-francisco-49ers-5-reasons-greg-roman-should-be-on-the-hot-seat

swiper
02-25-2015, 04:14 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/24/49ers-anthony-davis-seems-to-have-a-problem-with-greg-roman/

kishoph
02-25-2015, 05:01 AM
And the staff of Rex Ryan is the 2nd largest in the NFL. It is important that everyone is on the same page in regards to the technique they want taught.

\

When I first heard, I sort of cringed, can there be too many chefs in the kitchen.

better days
02-25-2015, 07:29 AM
\

When I first heard, I sort of cringed, can there be too many chefs in the kitchen.

No question everyone has to be on the same page, teaching the same techniques.

Several of the Coaches are young guys starting out & learning on the job.

I think they will do a lot of the grunt work to free up the experienced guys to do the important work.

Goobylal
02-25-2015, 05:50 PM
I don't know what part of the player saying, "I don't know" that Gloobyal doesn't get. LOL. Talk about braindead. There is much of that goes on this board.
If "I don't know" is all you've got, you don't got much. Again, he knows more about the Jets' situation than you do. And again, the lack of criticism of Ryan by ANY Jets player, even the Pro Bowlers, says everything.

link (http://nypost.com/2014/10/07/idzik-taking-shots-but-plenty-of-fault-to-go-around/)

Fans of moderate intelligence often pile on a convenient scapegoat without really knowing anything about what actually happened behind the scenes. The Zone is peppered with such fans. Love Rex. Blame Idzik for everything. Check back in a couple of years. The Jets fans were all giddy when he finally brought in Marty Mornhinweg like you all are over Roman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856500-san-francisco-49ers-5-reasons-greg-roman-should-be-on-the-hot-seat
Bahahahahaha! The irony of this statement is too rich! No, the convenient scapegoat of the less intelligent is typically the head coach. As for who has control over personnel, nowhere has anyone said that Ryan had more control than his GM's, and the Jets ended up firing Tannenbaum. Idzik was brought over from Seattle after their breakout 2012 season and failed to deliver what people thought did in Seattle, which he obviously didn't. His first round picks are looking like busts, while the only good first rounders on their defense pre-dated him, joining 2 others who are busts, and Calvin Pace, a 1st rounder of the Cards who was in his 12th season and a situational player. With the Bills, he'll inherit an already great defense and Whaley will have the final say in personnel, having done a great job so far.

And I'm LOL at the article on Roman you linked, seeing as it was from November of 2013, when the 49'ers came close to getting to the SB. But in the 49'ers' case, everyone is blaming Harbaugh. How convenient that you place it all on Roman.

swiper
02-26-2015, 03:43 AM
If "I don't know" is all you've got, you don't got much. Again, he knows more about the Jets' situation than you do. And again, the lack of criticism of Ryan by ANY Jets player, even the Pro Bowlers, says everything.

Bahahahahaha! The irony of this statement is too rich! No, the convenient scapegoat of the less intelligent is typically the head coach. As for who has control over personnel, nowhere has anyone said that Ryan had more control than his GM's, and the Jets ended up firing Tannenbaum. Idzik was brought over from Seattle after their breakout 2012 season and failed to deliver what people thought did in Seattle, which he obviously didn't. His first round picks are looking like busts, while the only good first rounders on their defense pre-dated him, joining 2 others who are busts, and Calvin Pace, a 1st rounder of the Cards who was in his 12th season and a situational player. With the Bills, he'll inherit an already great defense and Whaley will have the final say in personnel, having done a great job so far.

And I'm LOL at the article on Roman you linked, seeing as it was from November of 2013, when the 49'ers came close to getting to the SB. But in the 49'ers' case, everyone is blaming Harbaugh. How convenient that you place it all on Roman.

Not everyone is blaming Harbaugh or Idzik. Both teams sucked. And Ryan took a decent team and dragged it down to 4-12 over 6 years. Idzik was only there for two. He added more than he didn't. Intelligence isn't your strong suit.

Goobylal
02-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Not everyone is blaming Harbaugh or Idzik. Both teams sucked. And Ryan took a decent team and dragged it down to 4-12 over 6 years. Idzik was only there for two. He added more than he didn't. Intelligence isn't your strong suit.
Hey genius, what was the record of the team when Ryan took over? How did they do the first 2 years and how many losing seasons did he have out of 6? Did his first GM get fired? Did his second one get fired as well? What should that tell you? Yep, that his GM's, while adding players, failed to add good ones, namely QB's. It's not rocket science...for most. And his early success was based on strong defense, ST's, and run game. Sound familiar?

swiper
02-26-2015, 05:33 PM
The Jets # 1 need was QB.

ANYONE that thinks Idzik controlled who was playing on Sunday and who was not is mentally challenged.

You have proven to fall into that category.

And, for the third time, I posted a direct quote from Johnson. He said what Rex promised him didn't happen. So Rex lied to him. Try to lessen you inner idiot.

Goobylal
02-26-2015, 07:42 PM
The Jets # 1 need was QB.

ANYONE that thinks Idzik controlled who was playing on Sunday and who was not is mentally challenged.

You have proven to fall into that category.

And, for the third time, I posted a direct quote from Johnson. He said what Rex promised him didn't happen. So Rex lied to him. Try to lessen you inner idiot.
Yes, the Jets #1 need was and still is QB. Do you really think Ryan drafted Geno or signed Vick? Or that he's responsible for the offensive side of the ball? LOL! Moron.

And it's obvious you don't know much, since people other than the coaches can determine playing time. Again Chris Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do and came to the conclusion that it was Idzik who pulled the strings and prevented Ryan from fulfilling his promise to him. Deal with it.

RandolphDuke
02-26-2015, 10:37 PM
this is a good debate happening between two smart people about meaningful things.

it's good and i like it. please keep it going.

swiper
02-27-2015, 03:42 AM
Yes, the Jets #1 need was and still is QB. Do you really think Ryan drafted Geno or signed Vick? Or that he's responsible for the offensive side of the ball? LOL! Moron.

And it's obvious you don't know much, since people other than the coaches can determine playing time. Again Chris Johnson knows more about the Jets' situation than you do and came to the conclusion that it was Idzik who pulled the strings and prevented Ryan from fulfilling his promise to him. Deal with it.

I don't know much? The Jets took the #1 rated QB in that draft. And Michael Vick was the best available QB for them at the time. So go ahead, tell us the GM wasn't doing everythin possible for Ryan. You idiot.

Goobylal
02-27-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't know much? The Jets took the #1 rated QB in that draft. And Michael Vick was the best available QB for them at the time. So go ahead, tell us the GM wasn't doing everythin possible for Ryan. You idiot.
You simp, who cares about trying? The point is to succeed. Which explains a lot when it comes to you.

swiper
02-27-2015, 04:36 PM
You simp, who cares about trying? The point is to succeed. Which explains a lot when it comes to you.

He got the best available at both spots at the time. Says a lot about you. You lost another one.

Goobylal
02-27-2015, 04:38 PM
He got the best available at both spots at the time. Says a lot about you. You lost another one.
"Best available" and "good" are not synonymous. Quit while you're behind.

better days
02-28-2015, 04:57 PM
No credibility, you cant pull for the Bills and the Bucs.

Why not?

BleedinGreenNC
02-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Why not?

Because you pull for two teams, no passion at all for one team.

better days
02-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Because you pull for two teams, no passion at all for one team.

Not true. I already said I would root for the Bills over the Bucs.

The Bills are the team I have passion for.

But I spent a lot of years watching the Bucs because that was the only game available so I became a fan of theirs as well.

And at that time there was no internet either. I got to read about a 4 sentence article about the Bills game in the paper on Monday morning.

BleedinGreenNC
02-28-2015, 05:05 PM
Not true. I already said I would root for the Bills over the Bucs.

The Bills are the team I have passion for.

But I spent a lot of years watching the Bucs because that was the only game available so I became a fan of theirs as well.

And at that time there was no internet either. I got to read about a 4 sentence article about the Bills game in the paper on Monday morning.

If you are a true fan of the Bills you would have found a way. I watch the Panthers all the time, doesnt mean i pull for them.

better days
02-28-2015, 05:11 PM
If you are a true fan of the Bills you would have found a way. I watch the Panthers all the time, doesnt mean i pull for them.

In the first place you can watch the Jets with little trouble in todays world.

That was not the case in 1984 when I moved to Fla.

Explain to me what way I could have found to watch the Bills in 1984 in SW Fla.

BleedinGreenNC
02-28-2015, 05:13 PM
In the first place you can watch the Jets with little trouble in todays world.

That was not the case in 1984 when I moved to Fla.

Explain to me what way I could have found to watch the Bills in 1984 in SW Fla.

Admit it, you are a Bucs fan. And you can watch the Bills with little trouble today, its called NFL Sunday Ticket. Come on, you can do better than this.

better days
02-28-2015, 05:18 PM
Admit it, you are a Bucs fan. And you can watch the Bills with little trouble today, its called NFL Sunday Ticket. Come on, you can do better than this.

I became a FAN of the Bucs BEFORE it was possible to watch the Bills.

Today, YES I watch the Bills EVERY time they play thanks to the Sunday ticket.

But I also watch the Bucs game.

BleedinGreenNC
02-28-2015, 05:20 PM
I became a FAN of the Bucs BEFORE it was possible to watch the Bills.

Today, YES I watch the Bills EVERY time they play thanks to the Sunday ticket.

But I also watch the Bucs game.

No credibility

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Not more personal attacks and name calling. Next one gets the entire thread removed.

YardRat
03-01-2015, 06:22 AM

I really hope that's not that the case, because it doesn't work in Rex's favor if he's going to take marching orders from a GM over who plays and how much on Sundays. I sure as hell don't want a HC that defers to the front office on game day decisions.

better days
03-02-2015, 08:22 AM
I really hope that's not that the case, because it doesn't work in Rex's favor if he's going to take marching orders from a GM over who plays and how much on Sundays. I sure as hell don't want a HC that defers to the front office on game day decisions.

Rex had no Choice in New Jersey but to accept what the owner did which was to neuter him, giving Idzik all the power.

I'm sure when he signed with Buffalo, Rex made sure he won't be put in a similar situation again.

Meathead
03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
im visualizing two four foot gay men slapping each other incessantly

Goobylal
03-02-2015, 09:34 AM
im visualizing two four foot gay men slapping each other incessantly
Keep your fantasies to yourself!

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Swiper's last post removed. Warning being given.

Dude
03-02-2015, 11:58 AM
I removed all the posts that had nothing to do with the topic, and everything to do with flexing internet penises.

Grow up, people.

BleedinGreenNC
03-02-2015, 12:04 PM
You are the person that does not know what he is talking about.

Google; Johnson lied to & you will see it was Idzik, the person that signed him to the Jets, that Johnson said lied to him, NOT Rex.

And I have two Jets boards saved in my favorites, Gang Green & the Landing Strip. I check them both out regularly & spent a lot of time reading those boards when it looked like Marrone was going to take a job there.

Most Jets fans blame Idzik for the Jets troubles, not Rex.

Hate to break it to you, but GG is a horrible site, and The Landing strip doesnt exist anymore, they merged with Scout and it is horrible. Everyone bailed on that site.

Goobylal
03-02-2015, 03:23 PM
I removed all the posts that had nothing to do with the topic, and everything to do with flexing internet penises.

Grow up, people.
My internet and real one are bigger. And I thought that, despite the ad hominens, there was good discussion on my part.

swiper
03-02-2015, 04:24 PM
One can dream.

better days
03-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Hate to break it to you, but GG is a horrible site, and The Landing strip doesnt exist anymore, they merged with Scout and it is horrible. Everyone bailed on that site.

So in other words you have been banned from both those Jets boards & that is the reason you are spending so much time on a Bills board.

swiper
03-03-2015, 09:16 AM
Small-mindedness right there.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 09:22 AM
So in other words you have been banned from both those Jets boards & that is the reason you are spending so much time on a Bills board.

Banned, no not banned. The landing strip doesnt exist anymore bright boy, and GG is not an informative board. Where does your train of thought come from? Thats how you come back at me? I thought you were better than that, i guess i was wrong.