PDA

View Full Version : Zads suspended again...will not play tonight

DetDannyWilliams
02-22-2015, 10:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000562010407/f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_normal.jpegJohn Vogl @BuffNewsVogl (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl) · 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/569522209737318400)

Ted Nolan says Nikita Zadorov is out of the Sabres' lineup for disciplinary reasons. Coach won't got into detail. Second time for Zadorov.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000562010407/f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_normal.jpegJohn Vogl @BuffNewsVogl (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl) · 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/569524295342424064)

Nolan on Zadorov: "Sometimes you’re mature in certain things. Sometimes you’re not. Unfortunately, we’ll have to deal with him."

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000562010407/f92a65b60c39f7ef281385eb1474c16b_normal.jpegJohn Vogl @BuffNewsVogl (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl) · 1h1 hour ago (https://twitter.com/BuffNewsVogl/status/569524734280536064)

Nolan on Zadorov: "We had a number of discussions, and then another thing happened this morning. We’ll just talk to him again."

DetDannyWilliams
02-22-2015, 10:10 AM
trade him to Colorado for ROR

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 10:13 AM
No. Hes a kid. Jeezus, he should still be in juniors. Let the kid hit 20 before we hit the panic button.

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Losing the way they do night in and night out will do that to you.

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Losing the way they do night in and night out will do that to you.

i mean, it really depends on what he did, exactly. its slightly worrisome, id like to see zad be a consummate professional. but we do have to remember he is still a kid. kids with money do stupid things. gotta let the kid grow up before we brand him as a problem thats not fixable.

and its probably something minor, like showing up late to the morning skate. things that need to be nipped in the bud, but overall, not major issues.

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 11:04 AM
i mean, it really depends on what he did, exactly. its slightly worrisome, id like to see zad be a consummate professional. but we do have to remember he is still a kid. kids with money do stupid things. gotta let the kid grow up before we brand him as a problem thats not fixable.

and its probably something minor, like showing up late to the morning skate. things that need to be nipped in the bud, but overall, not major issues.

No............LMFAO.....Come on now, He was missing from the Rangers game, Sam talks to Nolan, Sam has been around the NHL for over 40 years, He knows everyone.

Zad was acting a fool on the bench the game prior to the Rangers, Nolan sent him to the press box, Now he's at it again..And it's NOT showing up late to skate that's just stupid..Com on now.

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 11:14 AM
No............LMFAO.....Come on now, He was missing from the Rangers game, Sam talks to Nolan, Sam has been around the NHL for over 40 years, He knows everyone.

Zad was acting a fool on the bench the game prior to the Rangers, Nolan sent him to the press box, Now he's at it again..And it's NOT showing up late to skate that's just stupid..Com on now.

from nolan, the decision to sit zad was well before the game, not during warm ups.
http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/02/20/sabres-gorges-may-done-season-zadorov-sit-rangers/
now, maybe he was acting out after being scratched, and thats why hes suspended, i dont know. they are staying quiet right now. but the idea that he was acting up before the game and thats why he was scratched against the rangers, theres nothing out there to that, at least publicly, that i can find. if you can find something, id love to read it.

and thats pretty much the reason for his first suspension. he was late returning from the ASB because he was bumped from his flight. the sabres have the kid on a real short leash

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm not even going to speculate on what the immature Zadorov has done now to earn his second benching in the past month.

You'll recall that due to terrible weather on the east coast, the 20 year old Russian was stuck in the Dominican Republic after the NHL All Star Game. He arrived late for a scheduled team practice and consequently missed the team charter to the west coast road trip. He flew solo to join the team on the road and was benched by Nolan. He had to apologize to the leadership and the players on the team for not being prepared to resume play after the NHL All Star break.

Kids live and learn, right?

When is Zadorov going to learn?

That wasn't Zadorov's first scrape with the law this season. Remember when he was benched during a Traverse City Prospects Tournament game in September for loafing his way through a blowout loss?

With the NHL trade deadline eight days away, Zadorov has put the bulls eye on his own head with his persistent lack of discipline and his violations of non-negotiable team rules.

The Sabres are said to be all over the Colorado Avalanche regarding power center Ryan O'Reilly.

Zadorov may well be playing his way out of Buffalo before his bright future officially begins.

Tim Murray and Ted Nolan must be thinking Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, three times? Shame on you.

How many chances is this kid going to get? When is he finally going to get his (bleep) together and start thinking about the team first? In my opinion, he has squandered a great opportunity to get himself back into the starting lineup and to earn his ice time again.

Hey, Nikita. This is the NHL. Your job isn't guaranteed. You need to earn the respect of your head coach, GM and teammates, or else you don't play.

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 11:32 AM
right, but none of that supports your post that says he was scratched due to acting out on the bench prior to fridays game. right now, theres nothing out there that suggests thats what happened, especially since his scratch in fridays game was reported prior to warm ups. maybe im quibbling over details, it doesnt really address zads immaturity.

it does underline the fact he needs to grow up, which i havent really disputed. just the chain of events that you laid out there.

but, like i said, hes 19. hes gonna be a work in progress. remember the immaturity grigo displayed last season? and something got through to him, because he grew up real fast.

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Jesus christ....He was benched against the Rangers, He did not play, Because Ted Nolan his coach benched him.

Sam Rosen was talking to Joe Micheletti about the Sabres young defense...Like they are prone to do during TV telecast.

Sam Rosen went on to say, Zadorov had a problem on the bench During the Flyers game, And as a consequence to that altercation (What ever it may be)

He was scratched from playing against the Rangers, Now he is sitting his ass down again today.

Maybe you are right, Maybe he left the toilet seat up in the club house again and they got tired of it.

Ginger Vitis
02-22-2015, 11:46 AM
The bottom line is Zad and/or his reprsentatives seem to have this sense of entitlement and some of it is because he can play somewhere other than the NHL.. It's a risk drafting a Russian player..At what point does Tim Murray reach where Zad is just not worth the trouble and cuts the cord...

Ginger Vitis
02-22-2015, 11:51 AM
No. Hes a kid. Jeezus, he should still be in juniors.

I think Murray wanted him back in London but he and his agents put the kibosh on that... That was the 1st sign Zad and his agents attemping to dictate to the Sabres what Zad wants not what the Sabres want

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 12:03 PM
Jesus christ....He was benched against the Rangers, He did not play, Because Ted Nolan his coach benched him.

Sam Rosen was talking to Joe Micheletti about the Sabres young defense...Like they are prone to do during TV telecast.

Sam Rosen went on to say, Zadorov had a problem on the bench During the Flyers game, And as a consequence to that altercation (What ever it may be)

He was scratched from playing against the Rangers, Now he is sitting his ass down again today.

Maybe you are right, Maybe he left the toilet seat up in the club house again and they got tired of it.

Ok, you made it sound like it was prior to the rags game.

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Ok, you made it sound like it was prior to the rags game.

Here is what I said, No idea what you were reading,

DetDannyWilliams
02-22-2015, 12:10 PM
I think Murray wanted him back in London but he and his agents put the kibosh on that... That was the 1st sign Zad and his agents attemping to dictate to the Sabres what Zad wants not what the Sabres want

found it... oct. 10

Here’s the issue: Zadorov, as a European, can’t be sent back to the London Knights, his junior team, because he doesn’t have a release from the Russian club that owns his rights. The Sabres don’t believe Zadorov’s ready to play in the NHL yet. But if they don’t keep him, they lose control of him to St. Petersburg, a KHL team. They clearly don’t want him developing out of their grasp thousands of miles away in Russia.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-prospect-nikita-zadorovs-future-could-be-decided-soon/

YardRat
02-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Hey floflo could you post a link for the comments in post #8 please? Thanks in advance.

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Here is what I said, No idea what you were reading,

Dude. Not everything has to turn into a life and death argument. I read it wrong. thought it said prior to the rags game. Not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey floflo could you post a link for the comments in post #8 please? Thanks in advance.

It's from Garth from hockeybuzz.com

Downinfloflo
02-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Dude. Not everything has to turn into a life and death argument. I read it wrong. thought it said prior to the rags game. Not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

It's from Garth from hockeybuzz.com

It's not life and death for me, I'm not sure about you tho to be honest..Reading is all we have on a message board.

Yardrat.... >>>> http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Gorges-Out-For-Season-Weber-Strachan-Out-Zadoro8230/6/66601

You can also google Nikkita Zadorov Benched!! :)

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 04:27 PM
I'll wait till they reveal what happened publicly before I condemn zad. Garth isn't really a solid source for Sabres news. On the other hand, this is just him venting.

Skooby
02-22-2015, 09:42 PM
The whole season has been frustrating for everyone.

JATMtheJATM
02-22-2015, 09:58 PM
Very. At least, on the ice, zad has been pretty good. He and risto need work though.

rbochan
02-23-2015, 04:44 AM
They need to break him of this little bull**** now, before he gets out of control. He's already started to play like he doesn't give a ****. When can they send the punk to Rochester? Bad enough they just traded for a massive ego, now they have to deal with this *****?

coastal
02-23-2015, 07:50 AM
Murray is building quite the environment

DetDannyWilliams
02-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Murray on Hockey Hotline
On Zadorov:
The issue is he's not always punctual.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 11:00 AM
zad participated in an optional skate today. thats a good sign if nothing else.

Downinfloflo
02-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Hey everybody I got great news, Zadorov showed up for work today!!!!

It's not a good sign, It's what he's should do.

SpikedLemonade
02-23-2015, 12:34 PM
The stench of a two year tank will take a long time to wash off.

You can't expect a team to lose for two years to the level of being the worst NHL team over 2 years in NHL history and then just rebound to smell like roses.

There will be a long lasting cost just like American slavery.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Hey everybody I got great news, Zadorov showed up for work today!!!!

It's not a good sign, It's what he's should do.

optional skate day. he skated on his day off. nice try!

- - - Updated - - -

You can't expect a team to lose for two years to the level of being the worst NHL team over 2 years in NHL history and then just rebound to smell like roses.

meh, worked for the penguins.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 12:52 PM
and here we are, its all out there in the open now.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Zadorov-takes-full-responsibility/20995689

he was late to a team meeting, hes apologized for it, addressed the team.

the article also talks about pysyk and his good play. he may be up to stay now.

Downinfloflo
02-23-2015, 01:28 PM

2013 Buffalo Sabres goals per game: 1.83

2014 Buffalo Sabres goals per game: 1.72

From 1990-2013 only 1 NHL team finished the season with a goals per game average below 2.00 (1997)

The Sabres managed to do it in back to back seasons, And getting better at it.

Downinfloflo
02-23-2015, 01:30 PM
optional skate day. he skated on his day off. nice try!

- - - Updated - - -

meh, worked for the penguins.

This poor guy...:ignore:

casdhf
02-23-2015, 01:51 PM

There will be a long lasting cost just like American slavery. ... so a historically bad hockey team is approximately equal to slavery? Got it.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 02:10 PM
This poor guy...:ignore:

He apologized, said the right things, and skated when he didn't have to. What else do you want after the fact?

Downinfloflo
02-23-2015, 02:30 PM
He apologized, said the right things, and skated when he didn't have to. What else do you want after the fact?

That was for YOU....You are so emotionally charged you can't think strait half the time.

YardRat
02-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Just for those that haven't caught on yet, the Sabres are losing on purpose.

Downinfloflo
02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
Just for those that haven't caught on yet, the Sabres are losing on purpose.

We know that, The whole Hockey world does, Good luck trying to WIN on purpose!!

Ginger Vitis
02-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Paul Hamilton(WGR) doesn't think what is going with Zad is a big deal.. Says Zad is a likeable kid who is intelligent.. Hamilton doesn't think the Sabres should be in any hurry to unload Zad but admits he would think long and hard about a deal with Zad going to the Avalanche for O'Reilly

coastal
02-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Trading Zad at this point would be monumentally stupid.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 04:13 PM
That was for YOU....You are so emotionally charged you can't think strait half the time.
I know it was. He said he was sorry to the team, said the right things. What else can he do? Nothing is going to satisfy you at this point, so what's the point? It's done. It's been addressed. Wasn't even a huge deal. It was him not being punctual.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 04:16 PM
Trading Zad at this point would be monumentally stupid.
Agreed. He plays big and skilled. Hes gonna fill out to be special once he figures everything out.

coastal
02-23-2015, 04:31 PM
5 years from now, if the tank doesn't *** him up in the meantime, he's got the makings of being a monster.

Perhaps Murray is going to attempt to turn things around sooner rather than later and thinks ROR is the perfect first line center you put between Kane and Eichel. If so, Zad may be on the block.

not sure what I would think about that to be honest... but it's a thought.

thats a hell of a first line with Girgensons, Ennis and Moulson following them up. Reinhart would be properly positioned as a rookie to take over 3rd line center duties.

Me... I like defense and not sure I would want to give up Zad.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 04:41 PM
5 years from now, if the tank doesn't *** him up in the meantime, he's got the makings of being a monster.

Perhaps Murray is going to attempt to turn things around sooner rather than later and thinks ROR is the perfect first line center you put between Kane and Eichel. If so, Zad may be on the block.

not sure what I would think about that to be honest... but it's a thought.

thats a hell of a first line with Girgensons, Ennis and Moulson following them up. Reinhart would be properly positioned as a rookie to take over 3rd line center duties.

Me... I like defense and not sure I would want to give up Zad.

I think keeping zad is the right thing to do. Besides, we don't need another c. Keep mceichel in the middle.

coastal
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
I think keeping zad is the right thing to do. Besides, we don't need another c. Keep mceichel in the middle.
I'd put either of them at wing as rookies.

Theyre ****ing kids playing with men.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 04:59 PM
I'd put either of them at wing as rookies.

Theyre ****ing kids playing with men.

When you say put them at the wing, do you mean temporarily?

coastal
02-23-2015, 07:05 PM
When you say put them at the wing, do you mean temporarily?
For a year or two... no way I put either one on the pivot as a rookie.

JATMtheJATM
02-23-2015, 07:07 PM
For a year or two... no way I put either one on the pivot as a rookie.

Eh, worked for lot of rookies but I also don't mind learning them at wing for a while till they are ready. But I'd put them at c and let em learn.

DetDannyWilliams
02-24-2015, 10:27 AM
out again tonight

JATMtheJATM
02-24-2015, 10:35 AM
out again tonight
Yeah Nolan liked how the defense played this past weekend so I'm not surprised

JATMtheJATM
02-24-2015, 10:39 AM
http://mobile.buffalonews.com/?articleRedirect=1

Needs more alarm clocks

coastal
02-24-2015, 12:46 PM
Yeah Nolan liked how the defense played this past weekend so I'm not surprisedOr Nolan is sending a message to a kid who is acting out because he hates being part of this cesspool.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Nolan liked how the defense played this past weekend so I'm not surprisedOr Nolan is sending a message to a kid who is acting out because he hates being part of this cesspool.

JATMtheJATM
02-24-2015, 01:32 PM
Or Nolan is sending a message to a kid who is acting out because he hates being part of this cesspool.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Nolan is sending a message to a kid who is acting out because he hates being part of this cesspool.
I'm just going by what nolans comments are.

coastal
02-24-2015, 07:14 PM
I'm just going by what nolans comments are.
Don't you think there's any chance this tank is wearing on the organization?

JATMtheJATM
02-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Don't you think there's any chance this tank is wearing on the organization?

Oh Absolutely. I'm sure it's agony right now for those guys. Especially the older ones. But I don't think it's going to be a long term drain.