PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Williams cut. A. Peterson not Returning To Vikings

Night Train
02-23-2015, 02:22 PM
There's 2 more out on the market.

Petersons agent supposedly had a heated altercation with a Vikings official at the combine and said his client is done there.

YardRat
02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Sign Peterson and take some of the heat off of Incognito. Might help in the locker room, if Ritchie gets out of line Adrian can take a switch to his ballsack.

gonzo1105
02-23-2015, 02:31 PM
No thanks on Williams. Peterson would be awesome.

Luisito23
02-23-2015, 02:33 PM
Sign AP ASAP!...We can still get at least 2 more good years out of him.

Night Train
02-23-2015, 02:33 PM
If Murray is unable to work out a deal with Dallas, Peterson would almost be automatic there.

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Sign Peterson and take some of the heat off of Incognito. Might help in the locker room, if Ritchie gets out of line Adrian can take a switch to his ballsack.

If AP goes over the line with his switch selection, we can just sign Ray Rice and have him take AP into an elevator. This might be a problem for Rice though, with AP not being a chick and all.

Albany,n.y.
02-23-2015, 03:00 PM
If the Vikings want Peterson, who is still under contract, to play in Minnesota, he can stay home & not play. If I was Minnesota's management I'd make it clear to him that he's either playing for the Vikings or he's not playing at all. I'd also file tampering charges against Jerry Jones. All he's doing is trying to get released so he could play for Dallas.

Night Train
02-23-2015, 03:06 PM
If the Vikings want Peterson, who is still under contract, to play in Minnesota, he can stay home & not play. If I was Minnesota's management I'd make it clear to him that he's either playing for the Vikings or he's not playing at all. I'd also file tampering charges against Jerry Jones. All he's doing is trying to get released so he could play for Dallas.

His cap hit is 15.4 Mil. Food for thought.

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2015, 03:09 PM
His cap hit is 15.4 Mil. Food for thought.

Not if he refuses to play.

The Jokeman
02-23-2015, 04:32 PM
No thanks on Williams. Peterson would be awesome.

Peterson's set to count close to $15 million (or more) against the cap under his current contract. Sorry that's way too much for a RB. I know he's the best in the league but it isn't worth it. As we saw under Gailey and even Marrone's first year having a great running attack won't win in this league. Heck what has AP ever lead the Vikings to? Personally I think Williams would be more affordable and a legitimate option to replace Spiller as he's using to splitting time and been relatively healthy in his career and shown he can get close to 800 yards per year in a limited role. I realize he isn't a power runner but think he'd be a good compliment to what we already have here.

gonzo1105
02-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Peterson's set to count close to $15 million (or more) against the cap under his current contract. Sorry that's way too much for a RB. I know he's the best in the league but it isn't worth it. As we saw under Gailey and even Marrone's first year having a great running attack won't win in this league. Heck what has AP ever lead the Vikings to? Personally I think Williams would be more affordable and a legitimate option to replace Spiller as he's using to splitting time and been relatively healthy in his career and shown he can get close to 800 yards per year in a limited role. I realize he isn't a power runner but think he'd be a good compliment to what we already have here.

Don't see where I said we should trade for him. 15.4 means no one is trading for him. I'm talking about after he gets released if that happens

better days
02-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Not if he refuses to play.

AP can skip all offseason workouts, minicamp etc at very little cost to himself.

He can skip much of training camp as well without it costing him too much.

Then when he finally reports, he can act like Blount did in Pittsburgh.

tomz
02-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Is the 15.4 the Vikings' cap hit? How much is actual salary and how much prorated bonus? We'd only deal with the salary part, right?

YardRat
02-23-2015, 06:06 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/base/running-back/

AP's base is $12.75mil, total cash $13mil.

Skooby
02-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Has AP been reinstated ??

BillsImpossible
02-23-2015, 06:30 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/base/running-back/

AP's base is $12.75mil, total cash $13mil.

I'd rather draft a rookie than spend that kind of money on a running back with issues.

Joe Fo Sho
02-23-2015, 07:30 PM
AP can skip all offseason workouts, minicamp etc at very little cost to himself.

He can skip much of training camp as well without it costing him too much.

Then when he finally reports, he can act like Blount did in Pittsburgh.

You're right. I should've said if he refuses to show up. If he shows up to practices and games, they have to pay him.

IlluminatusUIUC
02-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Minnesota needs to invoke the "reverse trade" rule and make Dallas give them the same # of picks they gave up for Hershel Walker.

Lexwhat
02-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Regardless of who is right or wrong (AP vs. the Vikings) -- the Vikings wouldn't release Peterson for nothing. Let's be real. He is a real asset to the Vikings and worth a high draft pick at least.

A team can trade for him and restructure his contract. This is something a potential team can work out with AP's agent once the Vikings give his agent permission to seek a trade (which ultimately will end up happening). Once a contract is agreed upon, the trade details can be finalized. If the Vikings don't get enough return for AP, they can let him rot if he refuses to play.

Meanwhile, Peterson is still under suspension.

mightysimi
02-24-2015, 09:53 AM
sign and trade with Demarco Murray? Restructure AP. Win, win for both sides. Maybe a draft pick to even it up.

stuckincincy
02-24-2015, 10:39 AM
If AP goes over the line with his switch selection, we can just sign Ray Rice and have him take AP into an elevator. This might be a problem for Rice though, with AP not being a chick and all.

They should resurrect Celebrity Deathmatch - NFL version. AP vs. Rice, Incognito vs. Sapp, etc.

Joe Fo Sho
02-24-2015, 11:23 AM
They should resurrect Celebrity Deathmatch - NFL version. AP vs. Rice, Incognito vs. Sapp, etc.

Ha, I'd definitely watch OJ vs Ray Lewis.

stuckincincy
02-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Heh - that would be a good one for sure.

mightysimi
02-24-2015, 11:54 AM

OJ is old. Give him Cowlings in a handcap match against Ray Ray.