• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

DeAngelo Williams cut. A. Peterson not Returning To Vikings

There's 2 more out on the market.

Petersons agent supposedly had a heated altercation with a Vikings official at the combine and said his client is done there.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: DeAngelo Williams cut. A. Peterson not Returning To Vikings

Sign Peterson and take some of the heat off of Incognito. Might help in the locker room, if Ritchie gets out of line Adrian can take a switch to his ballsack.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

No thanks on Williams. Peterson would be awesome.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Sign AP ASAP!...We can still get at least 2 more good years out of him.
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Night Train
          • Jul 2005

If Murray is unable to work out a deal with Dallas, Peterson would almost be automatic there.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Sign Peterson and take some of the heat off of Incognito. Might help in the locker room, if Ritchie gets out of line Adrian can take a switch to his ballsack.
            If AP goes over the line with his switch selection, we can just sign Ray Rice and have him take AP into an elevator. This might be a problem for Rice though, with AP not being a chick and all.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

If the Vikings want Peterson, who is still under contract, to play in Minnesota, he can stay home & not play. If I was Minnesota's management I'd make it clear to him that he's either playing for the Vikings or he's not playing at all. I'd also file tampering charges against Jerry Jones. All he's doing is trying to get released so he could play for Dallas.

Comment

• Night Train
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                If the Vikings want Peterson, who is still under contract, to play in Minnesota, he can stay home & not play. If I was Minnesota's management I'd make it clear to him that he's either playing for the Vikings or he's not playing at all. I'd also file tampering charges against Jerry Jones. All he's doing is trying to get released so he could play for Dallas.
                His cap hit is 15.4 Mil. Food for thought.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                  Making Spirits Bright
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  His cap hit is 15.4 Mil. Food for thought.
                  Not if he refuses to play.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                    No thanks on Williams. Peterson would be awesome.
                    Peterson's set to count close to $15 million (or more) against the cap under his current contract. Sorry that's way too much for a RB. I know he's the best in the league but it isn't worth it. As we saw under Gailey and even Marrone's first year having a great running attack won't win in this league. Heck what has AP ever lead the Vikings to? Personally I think Williams would be more affordable and a legitimate option to replace Spiller as he's using to splitting time and been relatively healthy in his career and shown he can get close to 800 yards per year in a limited role. I realize he isn't a power runner but think he'd be a good compliment to what we already have here.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      Peterson's set to count close to $15 million (or more) against the cap under his current contract. Sorry that's way too much for a RB. I know he's the best in the league but it isn't worth it. As we saw under Gailey and even Marrone's first year having a great running attack won't win in this league. Heck what has AP ever lead the Vikings to? Personally I think Williams would be more affordable and a legitimate option to replace Spiller as he's using to splitting time and been relatively healthy in his career and shown he can get close to 800 yards per year in a limited role. I realize he isn't a power runner but think he'd be a good compliment to what we already have here.

Don't see where I said we should trade for him. 15.4 means no one is trading for him. I'm talking about after he gets released if that happens

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                        Not if he refuses to play.
                        AP can skip all offseason workouts, minicamp etc at very little cost to himself.

He can skip much of training camp as well without it costing him too much.

Then when he finally reports, he can act like Blount did in Pittsburgh.

Comment

• tomz
                          • Feb 2007

Is the 15.4 the Vikings' cap hit? How much is actual salary and how much prorated bonus? We'd only deal with the salary part, right?

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Listing the top salaries, cap hits, cash, earnings, contracts, and bonuses, for all active NFL players.

AP's base is $12.75mil, total cash $13mil.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Has AP been reinstated ??

Comment

Working...
                              X