• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Rumor: Dez Bryant "Ray Rice-style" video coming out

Dez Bryant’s entire NFL career could be in jeopardy if the video he allegedly appears in is as bad as it sounds. The clip of Bryant doing something ‘Ray Rice-worthy’ that has reportedly stalled his contract negations with the Dallas Cowboys, is set for an imminent release.
    If this thing exists, he's done for in this day and age.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Rumor: Dez Bryant "Ray Rice-style" video coming out

I heard there's goats, midgets, nuns and a large rye bread.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Nothing surprising anymore.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        I heard there's goats, midgets, nuns and a large rye bread.
        If it involves midgets then Lecter is going to be in there somewhere.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Who knows if it's simply a fleecing of Dez or reality.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Sorry, I will not believe it until Skooby verifies it with his sources!

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post
              He's having a cafe latte with Pat Moran and Joe Logan.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Hopefully it's bogus. I hate the Cowboys as much as anyone, but Dez is one of the best players in the NFL, and the NFL has had enough black eyes this past season. Doesn't need anymore.

My guess is it's someone trying to extort money from Dez

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Send in the clowns...

Members of Congress to Goodell: Dock draft picks for domestic violence
                  By Jared Dubin | CBSSports.com staff February 24, 2015 2:49 pm ET

"According to the Associated Press, Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii and Representative Jackie Speier of California recently wrote a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in which they asked him to clarify whether teams can lose draft picks if they do not properly address domestic violence."...

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I
                    Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                    Send in the clowns...

Members of Congress to Goodell: Dock draft picks for domestic violence
                    By Jared Dubin | CBSSports.com staff February 24, 2015 2:49 pm ET

"According to the Associated Press, Senator Brian Schatz of Hawaii and Representative Jackie Speier of California recently wrote a letter to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in which they asked him to clarify whether teams can lose draft picks if they do not properly address domestic violence."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...estic-violence
                    That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. First, it punishes the entire team and their fans for the actions of one individual. Second, when guys commit domestic violence, they are angry and irrational. They are not going to pull their hand back to hit a chick and suddenly think "wait a minute, if I do this we will lose a draft pick" because they are not in that frame of mind.
                    It punishes the wrong people and is not an effective deterrent.

And they are trying to put it back on the team when discipline for these offenses has always been handled at the league level.
                    Last edited by OpIv37; 02-25-2015, 08:28 AM.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                      I think it's a fleecing but haven't heard anything about this really.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        I

That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. First, it punishes the entire team and their fans for the actions of one individual. Second, when guys commit domestic violence, they are angry and irrational. They are not going to pull their hand back to hit a chick and suddenly think "wait a minute, if I do this we will lose a draft pick" because they are not in that frame of mind.
                        It punishes the wrong people and is not an effective deterrent.

And they are trying to put it back on the team when discipline for these offenses has always been handled at the league level.
                        They're trying to make the teams accountable for drafting players without character concerns. The trouble is, it's not easy to tell who is going to go off. Ray Rice seemed like a good dude for a few years until he decked the girl.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                          They're trying to make the teams accountable for drafting players without character concerns. The trouble is, it's not easy to tell who is going to go off. Ray Rice seemed like a good dude for a few years until he decked the girl.
                          And there are also guys who have "character concerns" in college that never get in trouble in the NFL. It's holding teams accountable for something they have little to no control over, and possibly costing someone a million dollar career for doing something dumb when they were 21 or younger (not to mention some of those guys could make the league millions....).

This is nothing but a PR move, so these congressmen and the league can show the public that they are tough on domestic violence. It will have no effect whatsoever on the amount of domestic violence.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                            • Aug 2004

I don't know. The league's goal is clearly trying to weed out all of these shady characters that tarnish the image to sponsors. Since they can not out right target individuals, the are trying to force employers not hiring them, i.e. the bahvior of these individuals are tied to the punishmenet of their direct employers.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              And there are also guys who have "character concerns" in college that never get in trouble in the NFL. It's holding teams accountable for something they have little to no control over, and possibly costing someone a million dollar career for doing something dumb when they were 21 or younger (not to mention some of those guys could make the league millions....).

This is nothing but a PR move, so these congressmen and the league can show the public that they are tough on domestic violence. It will have no effect whatsoever on the amount of domestic violence.
                              The government should first of all stay out of the way of this. How is this a Congress issue? They have real issues that they need to spend time on.

Secondly, I agree punishing the team is way off the mark. Imagine the company you work for gets fined a million dollars when Bob from Accounting went stupid and got a DUI over the weekend. How could the company know Bob was going to be so stupid? The best they can do is discipline Bob after the fact. It's not the company's fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X