Bowl left Raiders unfulfilled: AFC champs are largely intact for AFC title defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Bowl left Raiders unfulfilled: AFC champs are largely intact for AFC title defense

This has been a perplexing offseason for Rich Gannon, for he really didn't know what to think or how to feel.

That NFL Most Valuable Player award looks awfully good on the mantel. The passing records, the third consecutive AFC West title, the knowledge that postseason justice was served when the Raiders got past the AFC divisional round and captured that long overdue conference championship -- everything points to a season well served.

It was all pretty great, no question. But what good is a trip to the Super Bowl if you don't come home with the hardware?

"That's the thing," said Gannon, 38, who -- in typical contemplative fashion -- scrupulously dissected and second-guessed every play he ran during the 2002 season. "Should I be really happy that we did as well as we did? Or should I be really frustrated that we didn't win it all when it counted? I've been asking myself that for months." MORE...
Working...
X