PDA

View Full Version : Oh My God

The Doc
02-25-2015, 02:51 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEULYJv28M

I know this is a "highlight" video. I know the "level of competition" isn't great. I saw he didn't run well at the combine...but my god. That kid can throw darts on the move. Watch him when plays brake down, he turns nothing into something. I hadn't even heard of this kid till today but I'd like to see more of him.

Edward Robinson
02-25-2015, 03:17 PM
Never heard of the kid, He reminds me of Tony Romo.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2374547-bryan-bennett-used-to-mariotas-shadow-but-qb-could-be-ready-for-own-spotlight

As Article stated that he only hit 49% but I see the accuracy. This would be my developmental pick for sure. Not sure what round but good bye Tuel

WagonCircler
02-25-2015, 03:36 PM
There was a thread about him a couple of months ago.

He reminds me of a younger, faster Roethlisberger.

Night Train
02-25-2015, 04:04 PM
He lost out to Mariota at Oregon and went to 2nd level SW Louisiana. Only completed 49.5 % of his passes as a senior. Late invite to the Senior Bowl. Late Saturday (6th-7th round) gamble or UDFA. Operated out of the spread and doesn't have the strongest arm.

The Doc
02-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Comp% doesn't bother me at this point because I don't know:
a. How many good passes did his receivers drop
b. How often were they throwing deep

better days
02-25-2015, 04:52 PM
Never heard of the kid, He reminds me of Tony Romo.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2374547-bryan-bennett-used-to-mariotas-shadow-but-qb-could-be-ready-for-own-spotlight

As Article stated that he only hit 49% but I see the accuracy. This would be my developmental pick for sure. Not sure what round but good bye Tuel

Tuel has made similar throws in the NFL.

better days
02-25-2015, 04:53 PM
But I would take a flyer on this kid as an undrafted FA.

Mr. Pink
02-25-2015, 04:56 PM
His highlight package doesn't even suggest he should make someone's practice squad let alone actually be drafted.

Mace
02-25-2015, 05:02 PM
Comp% doesn't bother me at this point because I don't know:
a. How many good passes did his receivers drop
b. How often were they throwing deep

Concerns me enough for both of us then. As the bleacher report article mentions, he put together a lot of highlights in blowouts. Made me curious because I never heard of the conference so I looked it up some.

2014 : 63-7 vs Incarnate Word. 76-7 vs Houston Baptist, 61-34 vs Lamar, 62-3 vs Nicholls State. Opponents include Sam Houston State University, Southeast Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin, Southern Utah, McNeese State and Central Arkansas.

The Sam Houston State University, Stephen F. Austin, Lamar, Northwestern State, McNeese QB's all had better completion percentages even.

Might be a sleeper, but a pretty deep sleeper. I'd invite him to camp if he's undrafted but he looks like a Southland Conference Tim Tebow.

The Doc
02-25-2015, 05:14 PM
His highlight package doesn't even suggest he should make someone's practice squad let alone actually be drafted.

Well...I strongly disagree.

better days
02-25-2015, 05:23 PM

I would be very surprised if this kid gets drafted.

Jeff Tuel played against much better competition & went undrafted.

Night Train
02-25-2015, 05:35 PM

You said up until today you never heard of him and the highlight video floored you.

It's basically you saying you just discovered Kate Upton and us telling you she has a dick.

Mace
02-25-2015, 06:05 PM
I sort of compare every highlight reel to Alex Tanney's trick shots vid, which still dazzles me to this day. Tanney is with Tennessee btw, these days, but his career doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Amazing vid though.

Worth another viewing, but won't take away from the other vid to embed it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxDJb03a0yo

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2015, 07:12 PM
Add some punk rock music and graphics and he's suddenly a 1st round pick.

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2015, 07:15 PM
It's basically you saying you just discovered Kate Upton and us telling you she has a dick.
Sorry I just cannot compute this imagery.

The Doc
02-25-2015, 08:01 PM
I would be very surprised if this kid gets drafted.

Jeff Tuel played against much better competition & went undrafted.

What if Cam Newton, for whatever reason, stayed at Blinn? I'm not saying draft him at 50. But the kids got a helluva an arm, he throws darts while running. There's talent here. That's all I'm saying. Now I know as Bills fans the first thing we have to do is state every prospect sucks...but this kids got talent. I bet he'd beat Tuel out of a job.

Mr. Pink
02-25-2015, 08:05 PM

Every one of his throws are hitting a receiver who doesn't have a defensive back anywhere in the vicinity.

His runs have some of the worst tacklers I've ever seen try to bring him down. but still gets caught from behind so he doesn't score or he simply steps out of bounds for no reason.

He's playing at an inferior university vs inferior competition, what makes him stand out?

Mr. Pink
02-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Add some punk rock music and graphics and he's suddenly a 1st round pick.

Add him completely outshining the inferior competition and maybe.

Or add him playing against teams that are top 50 and maybe.

The Doc
02-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Every one of his throws are hitting a receiver who doesn't have a defensive back anywhere in the vicinity.

His runs have some of the worst tacklers I've ever seen try to bring him down. but still gets caught from behind so he doesn't score or he simply steps out of bounds for no reason.

He's playing at an inferior university vs inferior competition, what makes him stand out?

Fred Jackson made a lot of good plays against some really inferior DIII talent... It's good to have rules, it's critical to make exceptions.

jimmifli
02-25-2015, 08:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n05xRojLuao" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

If we're taking a flyer on a QB, I'd love to cheer for this guy on Sundays.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZQDZ0fPPAIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skooby
02-25-2015, 08:54 PM
Sorry I just cannot compute this imagery.

But you try everyday.