PDA

View Full Version : AP reinstated

Skooby
02-26-2015, 10:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/26/judge-sides-with-adrian-peterson-lifts-suspension/#comment-4056748

Do you guys want him ??

The last buffalo fan
02-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Si.

stuckincincy
02-26-2015, 11:00 AM
This means nothing until Der Fuhrer (our President) chimes in.

Night Train
02-26-2015, 11:00 AM
Who wouldn't ?

New team wishing to prove himself all over with a coach who he'd love playing for. If Rex indicates an interest, he'd listen. Dallas would be his first choice but he doesn't have control over that.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Nope.

Too expensive and running doesn't matter in this league.

For as good as AP is what have the Vikings won with him?

better days
02-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Nope.

Too expensive and running doesn't matter in this league.

For as good as AP is what have the Vikings won with him?

As good as AP is, he can not win with a QB that turns the ball over & an average at best defense.

Ground & pound is the offense the Bills plan to run. AP would win on the Bills if the QB protects the football & limits turnovers.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2015, 11:40 AM
As good as AP is, he can not win with a QB that turns the ball over & an average at best defense.

Ground & pound is the offense the Bills plan to run. AP would win on the Bills if the QB protects the football & limits turnovers.

And that'll get you a 6 seed and a wild card exit at best, for however long you're paying AP stupid money to be here.

Yes, obviously it's a great football move in this offseason for the current coming year - no viable QB in that wasteland - but you've now hampered yourself for the next 4-5 years to commit to being a ground and pound team in a league where ground and pound teams simply don't win anymore.

better days
02-26-2015, 11:44 AM
And that'll get you a 6 seed and a wild card exit at best, for however long you're paying AP stupid money to be here.

Yes, obviously it's a great football move in this offseason for the current coming year - no viable QB in that wasteland - but you've now hampered yourself for the next 4-5 years to commit to being a ground and pound team in a league where ground and pound teams simply don't win anymore.

The contract would determine that.

I would not give up much in trade for AP.

The Bills only got a 4th rnd pick for Lynch & he was much younger than AP is.

Mace
02-26-2015, 11:45 AM
but you've now hampered yourself for the next 4-5 years to commit to being a ground and pound team in a league where ground and pound teams simply don't win anymore.

I think we already did that in signing Ryan/Roman and committing to be a ground and pound team for the next 4-5 years. You're thinking they only want to be ground and pound because they have no QB. Haha.

better days
02-26-2015, 11:47 AM
I think we already did that in signing Ryan/Roman and committing to be a ground and pound team for the next 4-5 years. You're thinking they only want to be ground and pound because they have no QB. Haha.

And aside from last year, the 49ers have been pretty successful running that offense.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2015, 11:51 AM

Well that is true, Ryan has no idea how to find or develop a QB, so they're pigeonholed into running the ball LOL

Maybe they'll squeeze out one 6 seed in Ryan's time here.

Mace
02-26-2015, 11:53 AM
And aside from last year, the 49ers have been pretty successful running that offense.

Well yes, but they also had Kaepernick and Harbaugh running the passing game though, Mike Solari coaching the line, TE Vernon Davis....

- - - Updated - - -

Well that is true, Ryan has no idea how to find or develop a QB, so they're pigeonholed into running the ball LOL

Maybe they'll squeeze out one 6 seed in Ryan's time here.

That's getting to be my thought, I suppose.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Of course I would want him but I don't think we will have a chance.

I read he wants to be a Cowboy.

better days
02-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Well yes, but they also had Kaepernick and Harbaugh running the passing game though, Mike Solari coaching the line, TE Vernon Davis....

- - - Updated - - -

That's getting to be my thought, I suppose.

So are you saying the Bills can't get talent as good as the 49ers had over the next 5 or 6 years?

Mace
02-26-2015, 12:03 PM
So are you saying the Bills can't get talent as good as the 49ers had over the next 5 or 6 years?

Well they could, but in my experience over the decades I'm not real encouraged.

better days
02-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Well they could, but in my experience over the decades I'm not real encouraged.

Those decades are over & done.

I think the doubters are going to be pleasantly surprised, optimistic I know.

Mr. Pink
02-26-2015, 12:52 PM

People hate on Colin Kaepernick for whatever reason but he's a competent QB at the minimum.

Rex hasn't been able to develop or get a competent QB in his head coaching career.

Defensively they're about at the 49ers level but offensively they're miles behind.

better days
02-26-2015, 01:00 PM
People hate on Colin Kaepernick for whatever reason but he's a competent QB at the minimum.

Rex hasn't been able to develop or get a competent QB in his head coaching career.

Defensively they're about at the 49ers level but offensively they're miles behind.

You might be right. To be determined I'd say.

I think EJ or another QB could be much better than Kaepernick played last year.

But if the Bills are counting on McCown to be the starting QB, Bleeding Green could be right about the Bills finishing 8-8.

TacklingDummy
02-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Can he play Quarterback?

Mace
02-27-2015, 09:50 AM
Those decades are over & done.

Unfortunately I've been thinking that about decades and years, for decades and years too, and I've said the same thing in many arguments. Hope you're right, but I'm still not encouraged.

Uncle Jesse
02-27-2015, 09:53 AM
AP, an upgraded line, and this defense? Sign me up. Manuel/McCown whoever can manage the game enough with that roster to get in the playoffs. Go for it.