PDA

View Full Version : guess the player?! murray receives surprising trade call

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2015, 02:18 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/27/sabres-gm-murray-i-got-a-trade-call-on-a-player-i-never-thought-i-would-get/

so, logical thinking would say a player having a really **** season or someone with little to no value.

my guess is cody hodgson.

BUT! it also could be a coveted young player that no GM would think to ask for, ALA samson reinhart. what do you guys think?

Dr. Lecter
02-27-2015, 02:23 PM
I think if it was Hodgson, it would take him less time to make the trade than it did for me to type this.

"a 7th round pick for him with no salary retention? Well, if you insist...."

Considering he was willing to talk about the guy, makes me eliminate Zemgus and Risto and probably Samson

Maybe Bogosian?

OpIv37
02-27-2015, 02:27 PM
Cody? That would be a surprise given that he's been a healthy scratch several times this month.

don137
02-27-2015, 03:36 PM
If it was Cody I think he would gone already. I think it was Benoit or Mezaros.

coastal
02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Risto

The Jokeman
02-27-2015, 03:41 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/27/sabres-gm-murray-i-got-a-trade-call-on-a-player-i-never-thought-i-would-get/

so, logical thinking would say a player having a really **** season or someone with little to no value.

my guess is cody hodgson.

BUT! it also could be a coveted young player that no GM would think to ask for, ALA samson reinhart. what do you guys think?

My guess would be Evander Kane and/or Zadorov. As it was well documented that a lot of teams wanted Kane and I wouldn't be shocked if they still want him and they'll do anything to pry him away from his. Yet the more "surprising" thought would be Zadorov as he's a young talented player that think most be shocked be traded yet GMs are like sharks and they smell blood and imagination some GM thought it be wise to see if the suspension might mean we have ill feelings of the youngster and might want to move him.

Downinfloflo
02-27-2015, 03:50 PM
This is such a sad quote....LOL

“I had a call like that today that I never thought I would get on a guy,” Murray explained. “He actually said, ‘Can you believe I’m calling you on this guy?’
“I said, ‘No, I can’t. But let’s talk.'”

casdhf
02-27-2015, 04:04 PM
kaletta

JATMtheJATM
02-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Zad has been discussed in talks before due to the suspension. So I don't think it's him. And the wording makes it sound like it's over a disappointing player. My money is on hodgson. The reason I think he's hesitant to trade him is there's hope maybe he can bounce back?

OpIv37
02-27-2015, 06:20 PM
My guess would be Evander Kane and/or Zadorov. As it was well documented that a lot of teams wanted Kane and I wouldn't be shocked if they still want him and they'll do anything to pry him away from his. Yet the more "surprising" thought would be Zadorov as he's a young talented player that think most be shocked be traded yet GMs are like sharks and they smell blood and imagination some GM thought it be wise to see if the suspension might mean we have ill feelings of the youngster and might want to move him.

It's not Kane because he's hurt. The only way an opposing GM would propose a surprising trade is immediate need.

DetDannyWilliams
02-27-2015, 06:48 PM
Zemgod

Downinfloflo
02-27-2015, 09:54 PM
I can see Karma beating this franchise in the head with a hockey stick, If not Karma, Bettman will.

Thanks to the Sabres, Not only is the lotto here to stay, But the first 3 picks will be up for grabs starting in 2016.

JATMtheJATM
02-28-2015, 12:33 AM
I can see Karma beating this franchise in the head with a hockey stick, If not Karma, Bettman will.

Thanks to the Sabres, Not only is the lotto here to stay, But the first 3 picks will be up for grabs starting in 2016.

Thanks, Obama.

don137
02-28-2015, 07:43 AM
Maybe the GM was calling and offering a player Murray never thought he would be up for trade. Patrick Kane for Sabres top pick?

Dr. Lecter
02-28-2015, 09:03 AM

We've been over this, but the Sabres aren't the first team to do this.

But continue to live in fantasy land

Downinfloflo
02-28-2015, 09:29 AM
We've been over this, but the Sabres aren't the first team to do this.

If you're going to do something, Might as well be the best...

But continue to live in fantasy land

Fantasies is what keeps Buffalo sports going, With out it, what would you have?? :snooze:

coastal
03-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Now that the deadline has come and gone, I'm betting the player inquired about was Reinhart.

Arizona traded for Duclair. Apparently they want to put Duclair back together with Domi... his linemate from the WJCs. His other linemate?

Samson Reinhart.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 06:17 PM
I think that's what helped the Rangers land Yandle,

Glen struck a day early, And the Domi, Duclair history was something Maloney really liked, I think if Glen would have waited a day, They would have been outbid.

With all the teams looking for that position, 7 first round picks in 2015 were traded, So you know teams were not gun shy.

Glens been trying for 3 years to get him...I hope Duclair works out for them, In Arizona he will get more playing time, And a better shot to show what he can do.

Like most kids, His weakness is his defense, He's a hell of a skater with some crazy speed, Little on the small side, Pure sniper!!

The way I see it, Rangers got Duclair in the 50% off bin at the dollar store, So if you can use him to get a top notch NHL offensive dman you do it.

Hayes made Duclair expendable, And the team is higher on that Pavel Buchnevich kid.

A fast skatinghttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/pavel-buchnevich/#) forward with a good set of hands, Buchnevich is a very interesting prospect with an impressive ceiling. Not so big at 6'0", 170 pounds, the Cherepovets, Russia native makes things happen with his speed and skills. Buchnevich is indeed a player who has the ability to entartain the public with his skating and stickhandling abilities. On the other hand, he has still a lot to do before considering himself ready to cross the Atlantic. First, he needs to add some meat to his frame, then he has to improve his defensive game and play a more cohesive game. Buchnevich is a good playmaker and has very good vision of the ice.

I think they are a bit higher on him because he played with grown men in the KHL this year as a 19 year old kid..

He should be here in a few weeks.

coastal
03-04-2015, 07:20 PM
I think that's what helped the Rangers land Yandle,

Glen struck a day early, And the Domi, Duclair history was something Maloney really liked, I think if Glen would have waited a day, They would have been outbid.

With all the teams looking for that position, 7 first round picks in 2015 were traded, So you know teams were not gun shy.

Glens been trying for 3 years to get him...I hope Duclair works out for them, In Arizona he will get more playing time, And a better shot to show what he can do.

Like most kids, His weakness is his defense, He's a hell of a skater with some crazy speed, Little on the small side, Pure sniper!!

The way I see it, Rangers got Duclair in the 50% off bin at the dollar store, So if you can use him to get a top notch NHL offensive dman you do it.

Hayes made Duclair expendable, And the team is higher on that Pavel Buchnevich kid.

I think they are a bit higher on him because he played with grown men in the KHL this year as a 19 year old kid..

He should be here in a few weeks.i wish there was better TV access to the juniors, college, KHL and Swedish leagues.

especially college hockey.

coastal
03-04-2015, 08:09 PM
Here's an interesting thought... someone above the 3 tank teams wins the McDavid lotto, pushing Arizona to the 4th overall selection.

Arizona calls Buffalo and offers the 4th overall pick and another pick or prospect in exchange for Reinhart... thereby uniting the WJC line that was so successful.

depending on what the "and" is in addition to the 4th overall... I'd consider it.

JATMtheJATM
03-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Here's an interesting thought... someone above the 3 tank teams wins the McDavid lotto, pushing Arizona to the 4th overall selection.

Arizona calls Buffalo and offers the 4th overall pick and another pick or prospect in exchange for Reinhart... thereby uniting the WJC line that was so successful.

depending on what the "and" is in addition to the 4th overall... I'd consider it.

I'm not so sure. Reinhart has been getting glowing reviews recently. I believe the hockey news just named him the best non NHL prospect.

Dr. Lecter
03-05-2015, 07:29 AM
I'm not so sure. Reinhart has been getting glowing reviews recently. I believe the hockey news just named him the best non NHL prospect.

Getting Strome and another high pick or prospect is worth considering.

He was named the best prospect that is in a team's system. Based on everything I've heard, there are 3-5 guys in this year's draft valued more than anybody in last year's draft.

coastal
03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
What's the cost to move up from 4 to 2?

JATMtheJATM
03-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Getting Strome and another high pick or prospect is worth considering.

He was named the best prospect that is in a team's system. Based on everything I've heard, there are 3-5 guys in this year's draft valued more than anybody in last year's draft.

I have Samson pegged as the future number 2 guy. If moving him got us Strome.... I like Strome. Big guy with skill.

SpikedLemonade
03-05-2015, 04:16 PM
What's the cost to move up from 4 to 2?

This year it would be prohibitive. Draft picks alone (even for a number of years) would not do it.

My guess it would take a swap of the 4 and 2 pick, next three year's 1st round picks and a young 1st line or 1st pair NHL player.

You are basically trading away Eichel.

JATMtheJATM
03-05-2015, 04:30 PM
This year it would be prohibitive. Draft picks alone (even for a number of years) would not do it.

My guess it would take a swap of the 4 and 2 pick, next three year's 1st round picks and a young 1st line or 1st pair NHL player.

You are basically trading away Eichel.

Last year's 2 pick. Not buffalo trading the number 2 This year.

SpikedLemonade
03-05-2015, 04:35 PM
Last year's 2 pick. Not buffalo trading the number 2 This year.

I doubt anyone trades this year's 4th overall for who the Sabres drafted 2nd overall last year straight up.

JATMtheJATM
03-05-2015, 07:09 PM
I doubt anyone trades this year's 4th overall for who the Sabres drafted 2nd overall last year straight up.

If a particular GM covets him, which is pure speculation, but it might be the other way around. Reinhart is quite coveted.