• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Not making them out to be anything more than a decent option for a couple years until the next idea comes along... but at least these 2 can step under Center and look like they actually know what they are doing. They have poise, which the rest don't seem to have.

Then seriously work on the OL this off-season to keep them healthy.

Foles 6-5 244 - Eagles OL fell apart last season and he got hurt. The year before, 27 TD's, 2 Int's with a top running game.

Stanton 6-3 243 - Orton 2.0 with a better arm and much better footwork.

Latest on QB Drew Stanton including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

I just can't wrap my head around just signing Sanchez and having him battle Manuel.

We'll see. I'm open minded and just expressing some confidence in these 2. Don't know the asking price.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Re: My 2 cents on the QB front - Work a trade For Nick Foles or Drew Stanton

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
    Not making them out to be anything more than a decent option for a couple years until the next idea comes along... but at least these 2 can step under Center and look like they actually know what they are doing. They have poise, which the rest don't seem to have.

Foles 6-5 244 - Eagles OL fell apart last season and he got hurt. The year before, 27 TD's, 2 Int's with a top running game.

Latest on QB Drew Stanton including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

I just can't wrap my head around just signing Sanchez and having him battle Manuel.

We'll see. I'm open minded and just expressing some confidence in these 2. Don't know the asking price.
    probably the best options available but will take some draft picks to get it done.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

I can't see the Cardinals trading Stanton as Palmer is an injury risk and they showed they can't win with Lindley. I'm not sure if the media is connecting dots with the Mariotta/Chip Kelly thing but if the Eagles truly do want to drop Foles I'd be all for getting him in Buffalo. As to me he the best option out there and think it wouldn't cost a king's ransome to get him.
      Last edited by The Jokeman; 02-28-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

Would think either of those two would be good options considering the rest of the market.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Since I don't think Bradford is a possibility, I'm currently in the Foles camp.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I really don't want to expend any more assets on acquiring a QB...pick up the best you can in FA, and another in the draft, and roll with that for this season. Unless either one comes really cheap, then I would consider it. I honestly don't think they are going to bring anybody to seriously compete with EJ for the starting job, and are just looking for somebody for this season they can plug in if he crashes and burns again.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Foles would be a wet dream if he plays like he did a few years ago, we'd be playoff bound for sure if he did.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                Since I don't think Bradford is a possibility, I'm currently in the Foles camp.
                With you completely. But partially against Bradford anyway since his vagina is made of glass
                I came.
                I saw.
                I conquered.

Comment

• Night Train
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  I really don't want to expend any more assets on acquiring a QB...pick up the best you can in FA, and another in the draft, and roll with that for this season. Unless either one comes really cheap, then I would consider it. I honestly don't think they are going to bring anybody to seriously compete with EJ for the starting job, and are just looking for somebody for this season they can plug in if he crashes and burns again.
                  Think Rex and what he went through in NY with QB's.

I don't think settling for scraps at QB is something he'd be happy with in his 2nd and last chance at HC. Can't blame him.

The draft ? Beyond the top 2 who will be gone in the first hour of the draft, name one that's even worth throwing away a pick on...especially when we only have 6 picks.

This QB class in FA and the draft is really bad.

Done with settling. Ralph is dead. Go bold.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

I don't think settling for scraps at QB is something he'd be happy with in his 2nd and last chance at HC. Can't blame him.

The draft ? Beyond the top 2 who will be gone in the first hour of the draft, name one that's even worth throwing away a pick on...especially when we only have 6 picks.

i hear you, but we have been 'bold' in the past in trading for robo sack, Drew Bledsoe and jp losman. Different eras I know but Ralph did allow his people to be bold before even if it didn't work.
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• Night Train
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                      i hear you, but we have been 'bold' in the past in trading for robo sack, Drew Bledsoe and jp losman. Different eras I know but Ralph did allow his people to be bold before even if it didn't work.
                      That was TD and his crap thinking that Bledsoe was the answer (7 good games in 2002.. and done) and Losman was the next guy (when rushed and unprepared). No parallel at all.

These options are bridge/fill in types to get us to 2016 without major compensation and realistic beliefs.

Those both cost us 1st round picks and kept the team in park.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Two problems: our OL fell apart last year and we won't have a top running game.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Two problems: our OL fell apart last year and we won't have a top running game.
                          Agreed but I'm giving the off-season a shot. I doubt settling for the Eric Pears types will be the practice here on out.

I see a new owner who will spend to the cap for his new coach. We'll see.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

IMO if 'settling for scraps' from a (I agree with you) FA and draft class that is chock full of them wasn't an option, McCown would have never gotten a phone call let alone a visit. I'd be OK with sending a fifth or sixth for Foles instead of using one of those picks to draft a QB, but nothing more, and nothing from the future especially.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Stanton is AWFUL
                              Bradford is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER

PS: I live in West so I watch these guys (Palmer, Stanton, Wilson, Bradford, Keap) play 16 games per season plus playoffs.
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X