PDA

View Full Version : Trade for AP

X-Era
03-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Rodak at ESPN (who sucks by the way) postulated this trade:

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/17657/would-adrian-peterson-trade-work-for-bills

Reason why I like this:

Spiller is likely gone and we need a new dynamic back. It could come from the draft but AP is an instant upgrade
It won't cost a 1st rounder. If we were serious about spending a 2nd rounder on a RB, why not spend a draft pick on AP?
We have the room to absorb the contract
Such a serious addition at RB allows Roman to run the ball and takes the pressure off a QB
There is no instant stud QB in free agency or the draft. Id say spend your money there but I'd rather have an incredible run game and roll the dice with EJ or other at QB.

I like the thought of getting one of the leagues best RB's if we lose Spiller.

We should be looking for upgrades to get the team to the playoffs... AP would be that.

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2015, 07:10 AM
What would Freddie's role be? He's not a speedster or a pounder.

Jaybird
03-01-2015, 07:16 AM
I know he's 29, but AP is not your average back. I think he's got at least 3 years left in him.

THRILLHO
03-01-2015, 08:03 AM
But what would we be giving up for him? This is no bargain basement player. And sure, the Vikings may not want him back, but don't expect them to just give him away. I would expect the Vikings to ask for a first rounder. And do we really want to use that selection (next year) for a position that is continually being devalued?

X-Era
03-01-2015, 08:50 AM
But what would we be giving up for him? This is no bargain basement player. And sure, the Vikings may not want him back, but don't expect them to just give him away. I would expect the Vikings to ask for a first rounder. And do we really want to use that selection (next year) for a position that is continually being devalued?I can't see a 1st for him. Maybe a 2nd.

Meathead
03-01-2015, 09:26 AM
teams dont even use a first anymore on the best rb in the draft why would anyone give that for a guy albeit a superstar who appears to have his best years behind him and could hit the wall at any time. thats a move you make when youre one piece away and that piece is NOT your qb

third rounder tops, fourth rounder preferred. otherwise, forget it, take a rb in the middle rounds of this rb-rich draft and focus on the oline

swiper
03-01-2015, 10:15 AM
I know he's 29, but AP is not your average back. I think he's got at least 3 good child beatings left in him.

Meathead
03-01-2015, 10:53 AM
you know fwiw i dont think its at all fair what we did to adrian peterson. its almost as bad as what we did to that dumb old **** sterling and whatever that fat white *****es name was. but in this case it wasnt good old fashioned racism we were screwing up, in this case it was related to that back asswards race issue ******ation ive been beating up the dingleberries in prs for the last ten plus years over

our still heavily white represented society takes a total hands off approach to standards within our blackness, to the point that they again have totally different rules regarding what was acceptable in child rearing

we all knew that blackness still whooped dey kids. we make freakin jokes about it all the time, its in our movies, in our comedy shows, in our cartoons for crying out loud, its everywhere - subtle references to how independant and different and badass (relative to how we portray the rest of us especially whiteness) our blackness is, including whooping our kids

nobody blinks an eye. in fact we laugh and then say well thats black ppl, as if the different rules are nothing and off limits. weve been doing that for decades, with multiple issues, certainly including the widely known fact that blacks still use corporal punishment on their kids

and yet when peterson makes a mistake with a switch that leaves small superficial wounds (admittedly on the balls, a highly emotional disadvantage for a.p.), we cant wait to throw the freakin book at him as if hes some kind of monster. he gets slapped with an indefinite suspension, cant do his mega high paying job, offered no legitimate due process, and has to fight to get his right to work back. we woulda been happy if he had just disappeared, never to be heard from again, as if we did something good there to make him disappear like that

iow, we created the inappropriate double standard in the first place. we actively ENABLED that behavior bc we didnt have the balls err guts to broach this subject years ago. and then we happily give him the death penalty by sitting back all full of ourselves and not even questioning the commishes decision when normally we criticize him for hugging too enthusiastically

and of course bc we are mired deep in our gross dysfunction of special rules, we can only see what happened as wrong once it breaks the emotional barrier of injured man meat, or in this case boy berries

what could possibly go wrong?

same basic thing for ray rice too, btw. but thats too advanced to even bring up, especially in this forum, you ppl will flip the **** out. not that thats stopped me before but lets leave that for maybe after you digest this for five years

jamze132
03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
There's no way the Vikings would even accept anything less than a 1st for him and there's no way the Bills will trade for a 29yr old RB with a rather large contract.

Luisito23
03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
I want him too, but the salary and the price it would take to get him would be too much...Let the Cowgirls deal with all that mess.

The Jokeman
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
AP is this era's Barry Sanders. A great runner but even with Sanders a great runner alone can't get you to or win you playoff games. I say pass and use his $16M cap figure to re-sign Hughes add a starting TE (see Charles Clay) and draft a RB like Jay Ayjayi in the draft.

Shady25
03-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Kiko would be proud to have Peterson on the same team.

give them a 3rd next year that can turn into a 2nd if he plays 12 games. Buffalo has the advantage here, he is coveted, but nobody is going to overpay. Minnesota knows they have to get something for Adrian, he will not be playing for them again. Finding someone to take that contract is doing them a favor.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-01-2015, 12:29 PM
There's no way the Vikings would even accept anything less than a 1st for him and there's no way the Bills will trade for a 29yr old RB with a rather large contract.

The Vikings don't really have much choice in the matter. If the report about the combine was true, those bridges are a-burnin'

Shady25
03-01-2015, 12:35 PM
The Vikings don't really have much choice in the matter. If the report about the combine was true, those bridges are a-burnin'

Exactly.. give them a 3rd this year if it gets it done. a conditional next year if they want to take the chance at a better pick, or a 2nd round selection depending on Peterson playing said amount of games.

X-Era
03-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Exactly.. give them a 3rd this year if it gets it done. a conditional next year if they want to take the chance at a better pick, or a 2nd round selection depending on Peterson playing said amount of games.I really think one of our first two picks this year will be a running back. I'd much rather have Peterson.

Shady25
03-01-2015, 02:16 PM
I really think one of our first two picks this year will be a running back. I'd much rather have Peterson.

Kiko agrees with this. Kiko thinks if we get 3-4 years out of AP we win the deal.

coastal
03-01-2015, 02:45 PM
you know fwiw i dont think its at all fair what we did to adrian peterson. its almost as bad as what we did to that dumb old **** sterling and whatever that fat white *****es name was. but in this case it wasnt good old fashioned racism we were screwing up, in this case it was related to that back asswards race issue ******ation ive been beating up the dingleberries in prs for the last ten plus years over

our still heavily white represented society takes a total hands off approach to standards within our blackness, to the point that they again have totally different rules regarding what was acceptable in child rearing

we all knew that blackness still whooped dey kids. we make freakin jokes about it all the time, its in our movies, in our comedy shows, in our cartoons for crying out loud, its everywhere - subtle references to how independant and different and badass (relative to how we portray the rest of us especially whiteness) our blackness is, including whooping our kids

nobody blinks an eye. in fact we laugh and then say well thats black ppl, as if the different rules are nothing and off limits. weve been doing that for decades, with multiple issues, certainly including the widely known fact that blacks still use corporal punishment on their kids

and yet when peterson makes a mistake with a switch that leaves small superficial wounds (admittedly on the balls, a highly emotional disadvantage for a.p.), we cant wait to throw the freakin book at him as if hes some kind of monster. he gets slapped with an indefinite suspension, cant do his mega high paying job, offered no legitimate due process, and has to fight to get his right to work back. we woulda been happy if he had just disappeared, never to be heard from again, as if we did something good there to make him disappear like that

iow, we created the inappropriate double standard in the first place. we actively ENABLED that behavior bc we didnt have the balls err guts to broach this subject years ago. and then we happily give him the death penalty by sitting back all full of ourselves and not even questioning the commishes decision when normally we criticize him for hugging too enthusiastically

and of course bc we are mired deep in our gross dysfunction of special rules, we can only see what happened as wrong once it breaks the emotional barrier of injured man meat, or in this case boy berries

what could possibly go wrong?

same basic thing for ray rice too, btw. but thats too advanced to even bring up, especially in this forum, you ppl will flip the **** out. not that thats stopped me before but lets leave that for maybe after you digest this for five yearsdude.

seriously.

U r nuts.

Mr. Pink
03-01-2015, 02:50 PM
I want no part of a running back who costs 15m+ a season in today's NFL.

You've now hamstrung your organization to a ground and pound play style for a number of seasons that doesn't win in this league.

You want real fools gold? Pay a RB that kind of stupid money.

sudzy
03-01-2015, 03:36 PM
I can't see a 1st for him. Maybe a 2nd.

Well, your not the GM for the Viking now are you? He's probably the best RB in the NFL. Controversy or not, they're not going to give him away.

Shady25
03-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, your not the GM for the Viking now are you? He's probably the best RB in the NFL. Controversy or not, they're not going to give him away.

well what kind of return are you expecting?

YardRat
03-01-2015, 04:31 PM
This FO has already declared the analytics don't support paying two safeties starter money, there is no way the model counts that much of a financial investment in one player at RB.