PDA

View Full Version : Sabres' master plan could backfire after deadline

Downinfloflo
03-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Pretty good read,

The risk for Murray is that he doesn't know how players filling their spots will respond down the stretch. His plan could backfire. Remember, the Sabres were losing splendidly with them in the lineup. Their overall ineffectiveness contributed greatly to their ridiculous cause. Trading them away means replacing them on the roster.

Anybody added after the trade deadline would consider the last 18 games or so an audition. For some, it could be their last chance to play in the NHL. If they can't be a good player on this lousy team, where is their career headed? For others, it would mean finally getting an opportunity to play with the big boys and showing they belonged.Either way, they would have something to prove.
It's the devil Murray doesn't know.

Ted Nolan's job is developing players and winning games, but he was set up for failure. Nothing would please him more than rallying a group of second-rate players through the last month of the season. Mark Pysyk showed he can play in the NHL. He has been one of the Sabres' best players in recent games. If he plays any better, he'll get a one-way ticket to Rochester.

He nailed it on Mark Pysk, Nolan wanted him to stay with the big club, Management said screw you..

Look, in some respects, it doesn't matter what Murray does. Somebody will need to play goal. You might get half-baked efforts from skaters who are playing out the string, but Murray isn't going to find a goaltender who would embrace giving up goals. One hot goalie can make a world of difference.

All this, remember, for an 80 percent chance they don't get Connor McDavid. Imagine the outcry if they finished 29th and dropped back further in the draft lottery and didn't get Jack Eichel, either. Something tells me Eichel would drink to that. And it could happen.

Ironically, in his quest to lose, he could find himself in a no-win situation.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/02/27/sabres-master-plan-backfire-deadline/

coastal
03-01-2015, 01:12 PM
His tank is setup perfectly to fail.

JATMtheJATM
03-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Doesn't it work that way for every team?

SpikedLemonade
03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Doesn't it work that way for every team?

No it doesn't.

Keep lying to yourself that this is just a regular rebuild.

I hope karma bites the Sabres in the ass and they end up 29th.

JATMtheJATM
03-01-2015, 01:30 PM
No it doesn't.

No, dumbass, I mean for all teams trading away players at the deadline for unknowns.

Downinfloflo
03-01-2015, 01:33 PM
No, dumbass, I mean for all teams trading away players at the deadline for unknowns.

Not when your end goal is to LOSE!!

JATMtheJATM
03-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Not when your end goal is to LOSE!!

So, Arizona trading away proven players in an attempt to tank and playing unproven players auditioning for a spot isn't the exact same scenario as the Sabres? It couldn't backfire just the same? This is reaching, and everyone knows it.

SpikedLemonade
03-01-2015, 01:41 PM
So, Arizona trading away proven players in an attempt to tank and playing unproven players auditioning for a spot isn't the exact same scenario as the Sabres? It couldn't backfire just the same? This is reaching, and everyone knows it.

Arizona went into this season expecting to win.

The Sabres tanked last year and went into this year wanting to lose.

Big difference.

Downinfloflo
03-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Arizona went into this season expecting to win.

The Sabres tanked last year and went into this year wanting to lose.

Big difference.

You can't talk to this kid, He does everything he can to protect himself from feeling any sort of discomfort.

His cognitive dissonance is off the charts, Logic and reason be damned, I got my feelings to protect..

JATMtheJATM
03-01-2015, 02:13 PM
You can't talk to this kid, He does everything he can to protect himself from feeling any sort of discomfort.

His cognitive dissonance is off the charts, Logic and reason be damned, I got my feelings to protect..

says the guy trying to make a big deal out of a college kid drinking a beer. ok, man!

YardRat
03-01-2015, 04:39 PM
lol...what a ****ing joke it is to watch the local sports report these days..."Well, the Sabres are going to have to work hard to maintain their number one position, Edmonton and Arizona are gaining ground on them".

DetDannyWilliams
03-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Pfft please it's Bucky the guy can't let the past go! the Drury and Briere fiasco IT'S been how many years now? 10! also he flip-flops more than a cook flips a batch of pancakes.
As for Sullivan he's a "negative nancy" he doesn't have anything to go on he just writes stuff that sounds good to him. I can't believe that senile old coot Warren Buffet pays him. Also he's had a thing for Terry Pegula ever since he bought the Sabres because of what Pegula said in the Buffalo News press conference when he bought the team.

ckg927
03-01-2015, 05:56 PM
No it doesn't.

IF Buffalo winds up 29th, they get Eichel. Not a bad consolation prize.

JATMtheJATM
03-01-2015, 05:58 PM
IF Buffalo winds up 29th, they get Eichel. Not a bad consolation prize.

No, lottery system still applies. They'd get Hanifan at worst.

Downinfloflo
03-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Tim Murray and the Sabres getting ready for the trade deadline!!!