PDA

View Full Version : Bills Called Wild Card Team To Sign Ndamukong Suh, Big Spenders in Free Agency

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Only 8 days away until March 10th, when the Free-Agency Fun begins.

Jerry Hughes is still unsigned and the Bills didn't use the franchise tag on him thank goodness. If he gets an offer from another team and goes elsewhere, the Bills may try to land Suh.

Why not? The Bills have plenty of cap space, they're not paying big money to a franchise quarterback, and Kyle Williams turns 32 in June.

Ndamukong Suh and Richie Incognito in the same locker room. That would be interesting.

Who's meaner?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475834/article/ndamukong-suhs-six-best-landing-spots

The Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF), Browns (http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE), Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ) and Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) all have plenty of cap space, plenty of need and are under pressure to get better. It's hard to rule out too many teams in the Suh sweepstakes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000475718/article/who-will-spend-big-in-free-agency-who-will-be-quiet

6. **BONUS** Buffalo Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF): Don't underestimate the influence Rex Ryan can have in a new room of people. Tannenbaum once signed LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Plaxico Burress and a slew of other veterans, after all.

BertSquirtgum
03-02-2015, 06:42 PM
No

DraftBoy
03-02-2015, 06:46 PM
I only want to know why?

YardRat
03-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Well, dline is a need now.

The Jokeman
03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
I only want to know why?

Because Rex Ryan has decided that this team is best suited to be a 4-3 team and we need more depth at DT. [/sarcasm] Seriously though if the Bills are going to pursue a DT guys like Dan Williams or the recently cut Brandon Cofield make more sense since they're more NT types that we lack.

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 06:51 PM
I only want to know why?

Because the Bills don't have a quarterback. May as well beef up on defense if the QB well is dry as a bone.

OpIv37
03-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Because the Bills don't have a quarterback. May as well beef up on defense if the QB well is dry as a bone.

I agree with that.

The problem is we have to be careful not to get ourselves in cap trouble because eventually we have to do something about QB, amongst other things.

Also, this wreaks of a writer that just wants to make a name for himself. It's a no-risk prediction. If Suh signs anywhere but Buffalo, no one will remember that he said it. If he's right, he'll get all kinds of attention.

Mr. Miyagi
03-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Let's bank up on ProBowl DTs and ignore other actual positions of need.

Downinfloflo
03-02-2015, 07:00 PM
My goodness, Would you want to be a QB looking across at that D-line..

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Because Rex Ryan has decided that this team is best suited to be a 4-3 team and we need more depth at DT. [/sarcasm]

Kyle Williams is on the wrong side of 30, and I would not be surprised to see Ryan's defense play both the 3-4 and the 4-3 all season long depending on who they play.

How many good years does KW have left? 2 at most?

How many good years does Mario Williams have left? 3 at most?

Suh just turned 28.

Who would you rather have, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams or Donkeykong Suh?

Age is a huge factor. Who would you rather pay the big money to?

The Jokeman
03-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Kyle Williams is on the wrong side of 30, and I would not be surprised to see Ryan's defense play both the 3-4 and the 4-3 all season long depending on who they play.

How many good years does KW have left? 2 at most?

How many good years does Mario Williams have left? 3 at most?

Suh just turned 28.

Who would you rather have, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams or Donkeykong Suh?

Age is a huge factor. Who would you rather pay the big money to?

I get it we should be thinking of getting a Kyle Williams replacement but if Rex is our HC long term than Kyle Williams won't be on this team long term because of his age and lack of fitting in a traditional 3-4 D. Which may lead to the drafting of someone. Joeu Mbu was someone on my radar but then he ran a really bad forty time on the combine and now I wonder. In terms of the money, I'd rather give it to a TE like Jordan Cameron. I know people will chime in his an injury risk with his concussions but I think he's just what this team needs on offense to move from a bottom feeding offense to a middle of the road offense.

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 07:16 PM
I get it we should be thinking of getting a Kyle Williams replacement but if Rex is our HC long term than Kyle Williams won't be on this team long term because of his age and lack of fitting in a traditional 3-4 D. Which may lead to the drafting of someone. Joeu Mbu was someone on my radar but then he ran a really bad forty time on the combine and now I wonder. In terms of the money, I'd rather give it to a TE like Jordan Cameron. I know people will chime in his an injury risk with his concussions but I think he's just what this team needs on offense to move from a bottom feeding offense to a middle of the road offense.

Kyle Williams is in the last year of his contract in the 2015 season.

In 2016 he will be 33 years old and a free agent looking to cash in on one more big contract.

Hate to say it, but Kyle Williams will more than likely be playing his last year in Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Chance the Bills even talk to Suh or his agent let alone sign him = 0%

The Jokeman
03-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Kyle Williams is in the last year of his contract in the 2015 season.

In 2016 he will be 33 years old and a free agent looking to cash in on one more big contract.

Hate to say it, but Kyle Williams will more than likely be playing his last year in Buffalo.

Kyle's one of those guys I could see giving the Bills a hometown discount if he feels the Bills are turning the corner and going to make the playoffs. Yet as eluded previously not sure he fits the long term needs of this team. So letting him go in 2016 isn't a bad idea if we can use his money to keep Gilmore or Glenn.

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Chance the Bills even talk to Suh or his agent let alone sign him = 0%

If Jerry Hughes walks, what are the chances the Bills talk to Suh?

BillsImpossible
03-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Kyle's one of those guys I could see giving the Bills a hometown discount if he feels the Bills are turning the corner and going to make the playoffs. Yet as eluded previously not sure he fits the long term needs of this team. So letting him go in 2016 isn't a bad idea if we can use his money to keep Gilmore or Glenn.

Or Dareus.

Good point about Gilmore and Glenn.

Skooby
03-02-2015, 07:35 PM

100%, Hughes is going to get some team to pay him $12 M a season and it won't be Buffalo.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2015, 08:05 PM

0%

They have no need for a DT, especially one that's gonna cost around 13m a year.

BertSquirtgum
03-02-2015, 08:49 PM
100%, Hughes is going to get some team to pay him $12 M a season and it won't be Buffalo.

Good

jpdex12
03-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Let's bank up on ProBowl DTs and ignore other actual positions of need. Miyagi, do you look like Glen from Walking Dead?

Luisito23
03-02-2015, 09:07 PM
So, we would be paying for two franchise QBs (Dareus, Suh) without actually having a franchise QB...

No, thank you.

Skooby
03-02-2015, 09:38 PM
So, we would be paying for two franchise QBs (Dareus, Suh) without actually having a franchise QB...

No, thank you.

2 of the best players at a critical position as well, please weigh that in.

TacklingDummy
03-02-2015, 09:51 PM
If they sign Suh then there is no doubt Dareus will be traded.

Meathead
03-02-2015, 10:47 PM
im actually glad doug whaley is making this call. he seems pretty good at evaluating value. im confident he will analyze it well and make a good decision. kinda cool to be able to say that

DesertFox24
03-02-2015, 11:00 PM
No to Suh.

I agree we need to get a replacement for Kyle but I think that will come in next years draft. Charles and Bryant can hold the fort down as a rotation in 2016 season with a rookie to come in compete.

Look we all know the QB answer is not on the market, but I think we can get a big WR, a TE, another OL (we do need another OT for sure since Hairston leaving), and another DL

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 12:14 AM

No, thank you.

Three actually, Mario Williams. Having three 100 million dollar men on the DL is too much, even for me.

coastal
03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Suh on the Bills?

absolutely in every way possible.

putting him next to Dareus with Kyle in rotation?

without a frigin doubt man!

It may only be for a year... but damn man... what a badass year that would be! Just imagine Suh getting suspended for four games for breaking Brady forever. That alone would be worth the price of admission.

Best D ever.

Forward_Lateral
03-03-2015, 06:23 AM
First, if they signed Suh, where the hell would he fit in a 3-4? They'd almost certainly have to flip back to a 4-3, wouldn't they?

Second, I highly doubt it will happen, unless they plan on letting Hughes walk, which may very well be. Even then, Suh isn't going to line up at DE I wouldn't think.

Edward Robinson
03-03-2015, 08:21 AM

No, thank you.

It would be 3 with Mario Williams contract

jamze132
03-03-2015, 02:15 PM
I creamed my pants thinking about any QB looking at Suh, Dareus, Mario...

better days
03-03-2015, 02:26 PM
I creamed my pants thinking about any QB looking at Suh, Dareus, Mario...

Tom Brady looking at that would do it for me.

Downinfloflo
03-03-2015, 02:59 PM
If you don't have a QB yourself, Might as well kill the other guys QB.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Don't Panic, you recently said in another post that the Kiko trade could be a sign that the Bills are interested in Suh.

I agree. There are no QB's available, so why not go all in on Defense?

I think the idea would be to have Suh play NT with Dareus and Kyle Williams at DE.

Mario Williams is supposed to be playing linebacker this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills had him playing up front as well.

Remember when Dareus got hurt during the Raiders game? The Raiders ran all over the Bills after he left with an injury.

Suh could be the one, "Big Free Agent," signing for the Bills next week, and still leave enough money under the cap to sign a guard too.

If I'm Doug Whaley and I'm going to try and sign the best free agent out there to help my team win, Suh is the man.

Sign Suh, let Dareus play next to him and I don't think it will be too difficult to extend Marcel after oh, about 2 games.

EDS
03-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Don't Panic, you recently said in another post that the Kiko trade could be a sign that the Bills are interested in Suh.

I agree. There are no QB's available, so why not go all in on Defense?

I think the idea would be to have Suh play NT with Dareus and Kyle Williams at DE.

Mario Williams is supposed to be playing linebacker this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills had him playing up front as well.

Remember when Dareus got hurt during the Raiders game? The Raiders ran all over the Bills after he left with an injury.

Suh could be the one, "Big Free Agent," signing for the Bills next week, and still leave enough money under the cap to sign a guard too.

If I'm Doug Whaley and I'm going to try and sign the best free agent out there to help my team win, Suh is the man.

Sign Suh, let Dareus play next to him and I don't think it will be too difficult to extend Marcel after oh, about 2 games.

Bills don't have enough cap room to sign Suh after the McCoy trade.

The Jokeman
03-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Agreed McCoy is are big target this offseason. I just hope we can still find a starting TE, replacement for Hughes, depth at OG and QB with veterans and not draft picks unless somehow AJ Cann fell to pick 50.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 08:25 PM

Incorrect, sir EDS.

If Hughes goes buh bye, the Bills are going to have an extra $10-12 million per year to spend on Ndamukong Suh.

Looks like Hughes is clearly headed toward the free agent waters in search of greener pastures.

I'd rather pay Suh $12 million a year.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-03-2015, 08:29 PM
Incorrect, sir EDS.

If Hughes goes buh bye, the Bills are going to have an extra $10-12 million per year to spend on Ndamukong Suh.

Looks like Hughes is clearly headed toward the free agent waters in search of greener pastures.

Everybody would rather pay Suh 12 million a year, but the fact of the matter is you'll have to pay him 15.

BillsImpossible
03-03-2015, 08:30 PM
Everybody would rather pay Suh 12 million a year, but the fact of the matter is you'll have to pay him 15.

That problem can be solved with a signing bonus.

BleedinGreenNC
03-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Incorrect, sir EDS.

You do realize that the Bills are going to be going up against numerous teams with a lot more cap room.

EDS
03-04-2015, 07:18 AM
Incorrect, sir EDS.

I read that prior to the McCoy trade the Bills had between $27 and 32 million in space under the cap, which is prior to resigning Hughes. After the McCoy trade they are down to between $17 and 22 million, and still need to have $7+ million set aside for restricted free agents like Hogan and Easley and draft picks, as well as filling out the depth chart. That would leave insufficient funds to get Suh, since he is likely to get Mario money and there are lots of teams with the cap space to give it to him.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 07:23 AM
You do realize that the Bills are going to be going up against numerous teams with a lot more cap room.

Sure, But can those teams line him up with the NFL's best D-line?

BleedinGreenNC
03-04-2015, 07:37 AM
Sure, But can those teams line him up with the NFL's best D-line?

Hey, im all for you guys dumping that much money into the D line, just as long as you don't get a QB.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 07:43 AM
Hey, im all for you guys dumping that much money into the D line, just as long as you don't get a QB.

If you don't have, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Luck,Or Wilson, your looking for a QB too!!

BleedinGreenNC
03-04-2015, 08:12 AM
If you don't have, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Luck,Or Wilson, your looking for a QB too!!

Trust me, im a Jets fan, we have been looking for QB since Namath. At least you guys had Kelly.

Downinfloflo
03-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Farg.............Dolphins looking like the favorites to sign SUH!!!

Per Mike Florio!!

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/03/04/mike-florio-dolphins-could-emerge-as-the-major-player-for-ndamukong-suh/

The Jokeman
03-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Farg.............Dolphins looking like the favorites to sign SUH!!!

Per Mike Florio!!

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/03/04/mike-florio-dolphins-could-emerge-as-the-major-player-for-ndamukong-suh/

Suh vs Incognito, who's dirtier?

Ingtar33
03-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Suh is one stomped groin away from a year suspension.

and nothing will stop the league from suspending him for a season like they magically decided not to suspend him going into the dallas playoff game. He's on borrowed time. the first infraction he causes will be the last one for a whole season.

BleedinGreenNC
03-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I dont think he is going to Miami